PDA

View Full Version : Cruise - land, or land - cruise?

Gekko959
03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Which is better? Spending a few days at Disney World and then going on a Disney Cruise, or spending a few days on a Disney Cruise and then going to Disney World? I'm thinking it would be better to go to DW and then the cruise because on the cruise you could get some rest after days of constant walking.

Gekko

FatCat
03-17-2007, 10:19 PM
You can go back and forth on this one.
One of the more interesting answers I have heard is you can get a ton of autographs done on the cruise at a leisurely pace and then not have to worry about it on land after.

For those with kids who have to have em....

One thing to keep in mind is that they kick you off that ship pretty early.

tron1970
03-18-2007, 01:37 AM
:blush: :blush: We don't have to make that hard choice we have 4 days @ BC :party: -then 3 days cruise Wounder:) :marg: -then 5 days @ POLY. :mickey:

Only snag my oldest DS does not want to Cruise:( because of the time he will lose to be on the rides.:number1:

Piglet822
03-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Only snag my oldest DS does not want to Cruise:( because of the time he will lose to be on the rides.:number1:

If he ever wants to trade places with me for that week of the cruise just let me know ;)

I was going to suggest what Robert did if that's possible for you. A few days at WDW before and after the cruise.

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Gekko, there's really no one pat answer to your question... however, I can tell you that a 3 day cruise, while a more relaxing vacation than walking your arms and legs off at WDW, will be what you want to make of it! With what works out to be 2 days on the ship (and one of those spent at Castaway Cay), you really don't have much "down time."

That said, it was the most wonderful vacation we ever had! (We spent 2 days at VWL, the 3 night cruise, and then a week at OKW.)

TammiMcMan
03-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Having done both, I gotta go with the parks first, then the cruise. I'd say 3 - 4 nights at the parks and nothing less than a 4 night cruise. The downside of parks first, is that you sort of lose that whole day when you switch from the resort to the ship.

dixielandings
03-27-2007, 08:02 PM
We are doing Sea then Land in May. I wanted to finish with something we knew would be great - none of us has ever cruised before. The day we return to port, we have ADRs at Cali Grill for our anniversary - a great start to a nice long weekend at the end of a very cool week.

heart4princephillip
03-27-2007, 09:02 PM
I would check for any special events that the parks may have that you might want to attend.

At first, we were planning a land-cruise vacation, but then realized that if we did a cruise-land vacation, we would be able to attend MVMCP! That made the decision easy.