PDA

View Full Version : shirt disintegrated in the 1st washing!

sneezyone
03-17-2007, 07:48 PM
HELP! I got DH his first disney shirt ever. It was the baseball one. He wore it once. I washed it and the ENTIRE hem along the bottom fell out!

I'm not sure if I still have the receipt...as he had worn it...but is there a possiblity that Disney can help me out with this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

kakn7294
03-17-2007, 09:03 PM
If you still have the receipt, Disney will happily replace it for you. DD7 got a little jacket in December and we had a spell of decent weather when we got home and she wore it a few days when I noticed a couple of small holes in the back - it was over a month later at that point. I called the merchandising number and Edie (a wonderful CM!) helped me out. She pulled and shipped a new jacket right away and all I had to do was fax a copy of the receipt to her - she didn't even wait to get the receipt since I couldn't fax it until several days later. They also didn't want the old one back, so DD wears it to play now. Good luck with your shirt!

wendy*darling
03-17-2007, 09:56 PM
See if you can find your receipt. (we always keep all our receipts in an envelope on every trip.)
We purchased an ESPN shirt and most of the "puff paint" on it came off in the first wash.
I called WDW Merchandising and they were happy to provide a replacement.

Piglet822
03-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Even if you don't have the receipt contact WDW Merchandising anyway. I've heard many good things about them and what they've done for guests. Here's there info:

Telephone: 407-363-6200
Fax: 407-352-6369
Email: [email protected]

Seasonscraps
03-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I was going to say the same thing as Jeanne. Almost all larger stores will accept damaged returns. They will forward the claim to the vendor/manuacturer who will reimburse you and maybe send you a couple extra somethings to alleviate hard feelings. I work for a wholesale garment company and that's generally our procedure in situations like this.

ibrowse17
03-18-2007, 09:30 AM
After each of our last two trips, a shirt that DW bought had color bleeding issues in the wash.

TheRustyScupper
03-18-2007, 08:10 PM
So, Tide gets out stitches, as well as dirt.

angedeaile
03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
does anyone know what the time restriction are for returns?

I noticed on receipts it doesn't mention anything like within 30 days.

Melanie
03-18-2007, 11:52 PM
does anyone know what the time restriction are for returns?

I noticed on receipts it doesn't mention anything like within 30 days.

I returned something (with the receipt) after a little over a year. No problems, and they sent me a refund check very quickly.

To the original poster: I echo what others have said - contact Merchandising whether you have the receipt or not. They are usually wonderful about things.

sneezyone
03-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestions...I just emailed them...and let's see what happens...I have searched EVERYWHERE for that blasted receipt and can't find it....

sneezyone
03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
I opened my camera bag this morning and viola...there was the receipt. I called and it was the MOST AMAZING retail experience of my life.

They asked for the item number, what happened my contact info and said that I will receive a new one in the mail, and the only thing I needed to do was provide a fax copy of the receipt!

How wonderful! I was so sure they'd send an envelope so I could return the damaged shirt...or something like that that would be a pain...but no! Thank goodness...what a wonderful wonderful experience!

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Piglet822
03-22-2007, 04:08 PM
:thumbsup:

I'm glad it worked out for you :D

RescueRanger23
03-24-2007, 11:35 PM
I opened my camera bag this morning and viola...there was the receipt. I called and it was the MOST AMAZING retail experience of my life.

They asked for the item number, what happened my contact info and said that I will receive a new one in the mail, and the only thing I needed to do was provide a fax copy of the receipt!

How wonderful! I was so sure they'd send an envelope so I could return the damaged shirt...or something like that that would be a pain...but no! Thank goodness...what a wonderful wonderful experience!

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Gotta love Disney!:mickey: Glad that worked out for you.

battle beast
03-25-2007, 11:25 AM
This is good to know...