PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite T.V. commerical?

Disney Babe
03-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Do you have any favorite T.V. commericals? I love the GEICO insurance commercials, especially the ones with the cavemen. I live in California, but I think these commericals play in other states. If your favorite is a local commerical, tell us what it is like.
:mickey:

Shugoondola
03-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Head On. Applied directly to the forehead.

:mickey:

breezysmom
03-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I LOVE the Happy Cows are from California ones....

darthmacho
03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I have to admit, I really like the caveman commercials. Funny thing is, I feel really bad for the caveman when he gets frustrated, even though he's somewhat of a whiner.

My favorite commercial though is the Axe male body spray commercial where the girls in bikinis storm the island beach to lustfully attack the guy spraying himself excessively with the stuff, with a HUGE grin on his face, of course.

I also recall an old commercial from the 70's or 80's where all you see are the sticky purple grape stained feet of some woman walking on a white carpet, leaving a messy trail and then at the end, she stops, and wiggles her toes. The ad was for some non-stain carpet, but I thought that was pretty well done, and i don't know why it made such a lasting impression.

LibertyTreeGal
03-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I adore the commercial with all the cellphone guys, and the "cool" one says, "So what level dungeon master are you?"

"Dungeon Masters don't have levels.. dork" high fives all around.

I guess you have to be a complete geek to get this one, but I love it.

I also like the caveman geico commercials.

SandmanGStefani24
03-18-2007, 10:35 PM
...sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock...

Cavemen Rule! :D

Nini
03-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I really like the ones for the breakfast stuff with the guy dressed as the sun. I think they are so cute. I especially liked the first one with the little girl (his daughter). I love the way she asked "but why" and the funny face she made at the end! Hope this wasn't all too vague!:confused:

Also, there's another one, for Volvo I think, with the little girl telling her Dad a loooong story while he's trying to get her in the car. I just love the way she talks - she's so cute!!

Don't care for the cavemen though :blush: .

Denise :mickey:

May524
03-19-2007, 12:35 AM
I also love the Cavemen!
But my recent favorite is the new Gap commercial with Clair Danes! It is so adorable!

ChipnDaleGal
03-19-2007, 08:42 AM
My current favorite is the talking lions in the Taco Bell commercial. Cracks me up when they do the whole Ricardo Montalban thing.

ldn324
03-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Normally I don't care for William Shatner, but his latest series of Priceline commercials crack me up. I especially like the one where he walks in and "zaps" the dad. The little kid then says "did you just zap my daddy?" to which Shatner replies "no no no...well, yeah". Then the other one where he's trying to convince the front desk clerk to get a lower rate. When she caves, he asks her if it feels good to be so naughty! :funny:

The cavemen I find annoying, yet oddly fascinating at the same time!

Haven't seen this one in a few months, but there's one with a Monk trying to live a peaceful existence, harming nothing and no one. He has to sneeze and grabs a tissue (can't remember the brand, but they are the anti-microbial ones). Then he realizes that the tissue kills germs and has this look of panic on his face.

When we are in Orlando/WDW, we LOVE to watch the Appliance Direct guy. "I LOVE appliances!". And the Family Auto Mart ones were pretty funny too - typical cheesy used car salesman. We didn't see them on our December trip. Hope they aren't off the air..:confused:

ibrowse17
03-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Another vote for the cavemen.:thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
03-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Normally I don't care for William Shatner, but his latest series of Priceline commercials crack me up. I especially like the one where he walks in and "zaps" the dad. The little kid then says "did you just zap my daddy?" to which Shatner replies "no no no...well, yeah". Then the other one where he's trying to convince the front desk clerk to get a lower rate. When she caves, he asks her if it feels good to be so naughty! :funny:

I like the Priceline ones as well. :thumbsup:

DNS
03-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Some car commercial, I think maybe a Volvo car, but the dad picks up his little daughter and fastens her in the back seat and she is just talking and talking. He shuts the door and when he gets in the drivers seat, she is still telling him her story. Cracks me up!!! She's so cute.
I also love the priceline commercials.

sunlyon
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
I hate the cavemen commercials!

I love the Mac commercials with the 2 guys (one mac and one windows). All of those are great!

Tick-Tock
03-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Another vote for the Mac & PC series!

Disney Babe
03-19-2007, 07:23 PM

I also like these commercials, especially the one with the front desk clerk. It's like, "Old Bill's still got it!"

There is a commericial that I like that I am pretty sure just exists in Southern California. It's for Green Light Finance. I love the little jingle that they use. It's kind of springy and catchy.

8-6-6-66-Faster You've got the Green Light.

LibertyTreeGal
03-19-2007, 07:53 PM
There is a commericial that I like that I am pretty sure just exists in Southern California. It's for Green Light Finance. I love the little jingle that they use. It's kind of springy and catchy.

8-6-6-66-Faster You've got the Green Light.

Nope, that's an oldie and I've heard it in Idaho and in New Mexico :) Funny, I can't remember anything except the jingle....

LibertyTreeGal
03-19-2007, 07:54 PM
BTW, youtube has a bunch of hilarious spoofs of the Mac Vs PC commercials.....

2Epcot
03-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I enjoy all the Jimmy Dean sausage commericals with the Sun, Clouds, Moon, and other characters. I also really like the Mac & PC commercials as others have said. I even went on the Mac website once, and just watched all of them one after the other.

tennvalgirl
03-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Appliance Direct! Appliance Direct!

I have watched this while at WDW, and the commercial/miniseries? :huh: :shrug: is not the same here in Alabama.

Endless appliances being opened and closed with feeling!

SandmanGStefani24
03-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Appliance Direct! Appliance Direct!

I have watched this while at WDW, and the commercial/miniseries? :huh: :shrug: is not the same here in Alabama.

Endless appliances being opened and closed with feeling!

OMG! I had forgotten about those dumb commercials! I ran across them at POP on our last trip! I think there's something subliminal or hypnotic there because i found it really hard to get away from that channel. (i think they were doing an hour block of nothing but that commercial or something!)

honeybear
03-23-2007, 12:59 PM
My favorite right now is the T-Mobile Commercial with Duane Wade and Charles Barkley! I laugh Everytime I see it.

The McDonalds Commercial with the makeover into a basketball decor!

I love the Taco Bell commercial with the lions!

I also like the Geico commercials where they use celebrities to tell the customers stories. The one with Little Richard and the Movie Announcer are the funniest!

Disney Babe
03-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I like those celibrity Geico commercials too! I like the one with the movie announcer.

I found out last night that the Geico cavemen have their own website. Cavemancrib.com It's pretty cool. You get to hear the music that was on one of the commericials too!

There is a new commericial for Kia Spectra that I like. The guy on it is just like a typical young guy picking a girl up for a date. "Sure I'm good looking and date super models, " he says, while putting the girl in the car. Then he reveals his secret is reading this book all about Kia. "Chicks dig readers." It's so cute.