PDA

View Full Version : Overall best dining

Woohoo
03-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi guys:

I've been to WDW a number of times and definitely have racked up some favorites of mine in the way of restaurants, but as far as DLR is concerned, I'm not so knowledgable of what is there. Could you guys rattle off your favorite restaurants, table service, and counter service especially, at DLP, DCA, downtown disney, and the hotels please? Also, let us know what you think the best bakeries and dessert places are. Thanks!

BronxTigger
03-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, I don't have any answers for you, but I just wanted to say:

:welcome: to Intercot!

NotaGeek
03-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Breakfast
DL -- Carnation Cafe
DL Hotel -- Granville's (Steakhouse 55) or Goofy's Kitchen
DCA -- N/A as they aren't usually open until 10am
DTD -- There is virtually no where for a real breakfast but there are pastries etc at La Brea Bakery

Lunch
DCA -- Taste Pilot's Grill (GREAT burgers)
DL -- Hungry Bear Restaurant (Great Burgers on The Rivers of America in Critter Country) or Rancho del Zocalo for Mexican
DTD -- ESPN Zone

Dinner
DCA -- Wine Country Trattoria
DLH -- Granville's or Hook's Point
DLR -- Plaza Inn (the best fried chicken and pot roast!) or Blue Bayou

Melanie
03-18-2007, 03:55 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT, Woohoo!

DL - Carnation Cafe (breakfast), Rancho del Zocalo, Blue Bayou
DCA - Wine Country Trattoria, Taste Pilot's Grill
GCH - Storyteller's (breakfast and dinner)
DLH - Hook's Pointe and Granville's (breakfast and dinner)
DTD - ESPN Zone, Ralph Brennan's

DVC2004
03-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Blue Bayou and Rancho Del Zocalo at DL
Napolini in DTD for pizza

kingkong
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
DL - Rancho del Zocalo, Blue Bayou, Red Rockett's Pizza Port, chimichangas from the vending cart with the turkey legs. Club 33 has excellent food, and alcohol, but it's members and their guests only.

DCA - Corn Dog Castle, the beer truck in the Pacific Wharf area, free tortillas and bread from Mission and Boudin factory tours.

DTD - Ralph Brennan's for the beignets, UVA bar for martinis and appetizers

Hotels - Napa Rose - easily one of the better restaurants in all of Orange County. It is very pricey, but if you're into good food with good wine, this is the place to go. It works especially well if you have clients and an expense account.

Yamabuki is decent, but for the prices they charge, there are tons of japanese and other asian choices off-property, and within driving distance, that will give you better value for your money.

I guess I'm a little biased, living so close to the park, but with the exception of Blue Bayou, Napa Rose and Club 33, we have never intentionally visited the park just to eat. There are way too many good choices in the surrounding area. Perhaps I'll put together a "best of off property but within 2 miles of Disneyland" list sometime.

Woohoo
03-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your input!
Kingkong, I'm only 20 on this trip, which is too bad with all your good alcohol suggestions.:beer: :marg:

LibertyTreeGal
03-20-2007, 08:02 AM
I'll let you know on April 2 when I come back :thumbsup:

But we're doing Blue Bayou, which is the greatest themed restaurant in the Disney Universe -- just try riding POTC and not want to eat there.

BrerGnat
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Best bakeries/dessert locations:
Main Street Bakery (DL)
BakersField Bakery (DCA---the big train near the entrance)
Dole Whip Stand-(DL-Adventureland)

Best Downtown Disney Eats:
-Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
-Jazz Kitchen Express is excellent CS adjacent to the sit down restaurant
-ESPN Zone-good food (great burgers), EXCELLENT desserts (try the cookie sundae)
-Naples (table service Italian food) and Napolini (CS)

For a quick breakfast:
-Jamba Juice in DTD
-Pastries and Coffee at Main Street Bakery
-Carnation Cafe (table service on Main Street)

Favorite CS in the parks:
-Bengal BBQ (DL-Adventureland)
-River Belle Terrace (DL-Adventureland/Frontierland---excellent food/large portions)
-Redd Rocket's Pizza Port (DL-Tomorrowland)
-Rancho Del Zocalo (DL-Frontierland)
-Hungry Bear (DL-Critter Country)
-Taste Pilot's Grill (DCA---my favorite CS burgers and onion rings at DLR)
-Corn Dog Castle (DCA-if you like corndogs, this is THE place to go)
-Cucina Cucamonga (DCA-mexican CS)

Favorite TS:
-Blue Bayou (DL)
-Carnation Cafe (DL)

autumn
03-29-2007, 08:00 PM
DL - Plaza Inn for fried chicken and pot roast; Rancho del Zocalo for Mexican; Carnation cafe for yummy, cheaper lunches with nice service

DCA - Pizza Oom Mow Mow for CS pizza or pasta (it's empty in there, so the food is usually hot and fresh)

GCH - Whitewater snacks has awesome nachos; Storytellers is cozy with reasonable prices and good burgers and pizza (burgers in the parks are dried out and kind of disappointing, even though i really want to like them)

Desserts: the shop by the Winnie the Pooh ride is A-MAZING. Do not miss it!! Crazy cookies and all manner of goodies. :thumbsup:

heart4princephillip
03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Another vote for Blue Bayou!

LibertyTreeGal
03-31-2007, 09:00 AM
OK, here are my revised faves/dislikes

DL --
Blue Bayou - excellent food, the servers are top notch without being stuffy, very casual and classy
Plaza Inn - NOT impressed, greasy fired chicken, really disappointed
Fries - ok, McDonalds has these kiosks everywhere wher they have the most awesome fries. Unreal.

CA -
Taste Pilots - Very Icky overdone burgers, and almost no indoor seating -- yes, I just happened to be there during that awful storm
Boudin Bakery Cafe - I don't know what this place was called but it had the most incredible salads served in warm sourdough bread bowls. I had a chicken salad and it had a honey dressing and it was incredible. Mom had another salad. it was great too. They also had soups in bread bowls, but we didn't have that. They have chocolate covered cream puffs there that have to be experienced to believe :thumbsup:

Boy was I missing the DDP ;)

maizey05
04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Gotta check out the ice cream parlor in Disneyland. They have a flavor of ice cream that is unique to Disney, called Fantasia. It's a mix of different flavors and yummy.

Melanie
04-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Gotta check out the ice cream parlor in Disneyland. They have a flavor of ice cream that is unique to Disney, called Fantasia. It's a mix of different flavors and yummy.

I know at one time they stopped offering the Fantasia flavor. Is it back?

tinkwest
04-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I know at one time they stopped offering the Fantasia flavor. Is it back?

To the best of my knowledge that flavor is still off the menu. :(