PDA

View Full Version : *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 4

Christine
03-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Friday March 16th

me, 35
DH, 37
DD, 7
DFIL and his fiance (staying at an RV park offsite)
Michelle, my dear friend from Cocoa Beach

Magic Kingdom

Moving SLOW this morning! Met up with Michelle at 11 in front of City Hall. DH went to FP Big Thunder, and we girls were going to go to the bakery for breakfast...until I noticed NO LINE at the Barber Shop! So I took DD to get her hair cut. The ladies working said that we grownups could use some pixie dust too, so they "sprinkled" us! I am so glad we got to do this!

Then it was off to the bakery. DD and I got cream cheese danishes, Michelle had a mini chocolate bundt cake, and DH (who had met up with us with FP's in hand) had an apple turnover. While we were checking out, my DD asked for a cup for the chocolate milk (so she wouldn't have to drink out of the bottle) and the CM (Nina) at the register was so happy with her manners that she gave her a special limited edition pin set of Tinkerbell. The first pin is on a card that says "For You". The second pin is on a card that says "To give to someone else". She was so proud!

After breakfast, we met up with DFIL and his fiance, Bonnie in the theater behind Expo Hall. I love it back there! It was time for the BTMRR FP's, so we hopped on the train (where CM "Irwin" made DD guest conductor!) and while they did Thunder, I got FPs' for Peter Pan. I met back up with them and it started to rain...a lot! We were able to ride Magic Carpets twice and meet Peter Pan, Wendy, Hook, and Smee!

It was well past lunch time, so we went to Pinnochio's Haus and got to sit by the IASW window. DD and I had PB&J, Michelle and Bonnie had Figaro Fries, and DH had the Italian sandwich. With full tummies, we went to ride Dumbo, Snow White, and the teacups, then went to take advantage of our Peter Pan FP's. I absolutely love this ride!!!

Then, drumroll please, I rode Goofy Barnstormer!! I HATE rollercoasters, but DD really wanted me to ride. I told her never again!:sick: :ack: I will never get the joy others find in coasters??? I wish I could!
We showed DFIL and Bonnie Mickey and Minnie's house and then boarded the RR where CM "Nate" asked DD to be guest conductor! She was ecstatic!!!

Back on Main Street, we had to say goodbye to Michelle. It is so hard to say goodbye to friends when you are not sure when you'll see them next! I always hate leaving her.

After DD and I shed a couple tears, we pushed on and headed towards Tomorrowland. Only the ice cream parlor jumped out and captured the rest of my group. So as they were force-fed ice cream, I went ahead to FP Buzz. When we met up, they got in line for Astro Orbiter (realizing afterwards that it was very uncomfortable and they should have done CoP instead!)
I stayed behind b/c my PB&J was GONE from lunch, and I got some sushi from the noodle terrace. It was bad...just really really bad. So, still hungry, I decidced to try to eat something later on and I jumped on the TTA. I ran right into the gang getting off of Astro Orbiter, and they wanted to do TTA too, so I did it again...with no complaints as I could do that 10 times in a row easily!

Next, we rode Buzz and I learned that I still royally stink at it! Oh well...Now DD wanted to do the Speedway, so we all went for a drive and suffered whiplash as is par for the course!

It was almost 9pm, and Winnie the Pooh had a 10 minute wait, so we jumped on it! Then Wishes began so we parked it in front of Dumbo and tried to take it all in. I don't like watching Wishes from Fantasyland...besides missing the castle in the foreground, you had to look left, right, front, back...the layers were all messed up!

After Wishes ended, we took another ride on Dumbo then headed to Casey's for dinner. I think people thought that since Wishes was over the park was closing (but it didn't until 11) and the park became totally empty! :) After dinner, we went on Jungle Cruise and had a laugh out loud fantastic time thanks to our skipper Lindsay...she was hilarious and had us in stitches!!! Then we walked right on POTC, and when we stepped out, DFIL and DH had just enough time to cash in their FP's for Space Mt. while we ladies went on another TTA spin! We met up afterwards and slowly made our way out of MK. We got to see the kiss goodnight and all was right with the world! Hopped an empty bus back to the resort and here I sit, probably running on too long and making a million typos!

*High point of the day- getting DD's haircut at the barber shop!

*Funniest moment of the day- the Jungle Cruise. I have ridden this many times and NEVER been a fan, but tonight I laughed my fool head off, thanks to our great skipper! Close second: meeting Lady Tremaine and the two wicked stepsisters from Cinderella! They are hysterical!!! They hollered over to Aurora to "go back to sleep" and asked a little girl who was wearing a Cinderella tshirt, "Why does your shirt have a picture of our maid on it??"

*Purchases- My feet have been killing me so I broke down and bought some Mickey crocs (and dd got some too). So glad I did...who would have thought ugly rubber shoes would be more comfortable than tennis shoes???

*Plan for tomorrow- Animal Kingdom then property shopping in Celebration, Oveido, and Dr. Phillips!

Photos: Click Here (http://community.webshots.com/album/558211728GEWWWl)

Maleficent's Dad
03-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Great pics!

Guest conductor twice in one day? Lucky DD! And congrats on the pin set!

Congratulations on riding Goofy's Barnstormer - now you need to get on RNRC! ;)

Thank you for sharing your very busy MK day! :mickey:

Caroleh
03-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Your DD was having great luck!!!! Thanks for sharing again!!

pogo
03-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Wonderfull report. :thumbsup: And I love the pictures, especially the one of you and DD on the coaster. Come on..... admit it..... it wasn't that bad !:ack: :sick: Lol

I'm glad you are having so much fun and a big "thank you" for sharing your families trip "live" with us. After a day in the park and you still have enough ambition to do the extra work, shows you truely love Intercot !:D

SodaPopMGK
03-17-2007, 12:27 PM
It sounds like your DD had a magical day! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
03-17-2007, 05:11 PM
You covered lots of ground! My feet would hurt also!

What a lovely day you had!

jilwil
03-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I am really enjoying your reports!:thumbsup: I love the pic of your DFIL and DD on Dumbo! So sweet! Your DFIL and fiance' look as if they are having as much fun as your DD! Keep the reports coming!:)

Bethis26fan
03-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Sounds like another great day.

LeeKien22
03-17-2007, 11:05 PM
I am so glad you did a roller coaster.... And you survived to tell us. haha. Really I am proud of you, so glad your having a great time. Miss ya, and wish I was there enjoying. Mickey says hello, and he's fine. Take Care

Here we go again...
03-17-2007, 11:23 PM
The crowds do not seem as bad today. You sure got a lot done! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time.
Thanks so much for the trip report :mickey:

tron80
03-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Another great day. Congrats on taking the Barnstormer! I rode it a couple of times when I was a kid.

Bethanymouse
03-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Another perfect day! Thanks so much for sharing!

Christine
03-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Wonderfull report. :thumbsup: And I love the pictures, especially the one of you and DD on the coaster. Come on..... admit it..... it wasn't that bad !:ack: :sick: Lol

That wasn't me with DD on Goofy's Barnstormer...that was my friend Michelle. I assure you, if you had seen me on it I would not have been smiling!!

CanadianWDWFan
03-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for posting your day Christine!:thumbsup:

You gotta love Pinnochio's Haus, we always enjoy our meals there.

We love watching Wishes from Dumbo, I love how the fireworks go off right over head! :fworks:

On to day 5!

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Mickey'sGirl
03-18-2007, 12:24 PM
What a fantasic day with your friend and your in-laws. Terrific photos! I too could ride the TTA over and over and over again -- and if you are lucky -- I can show you how to become a Galactic Hero on Buzz! :thumbsup:

murphy1
03-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Still having a great time I see! I love the pic of your dd with her grandpa and with the stepmother and sister, I have never seen them before!!Good luck with the house stuff too!

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
What a great day! I loved the photos once again! (You're really good at the pic-taking thing, aren't you?)

Sounds like the encounter with Cindy's stepsiblings was a hoot! And how cool that DD was guest conductor! :thumbsup:

P.S. I've only been on BTMMR and that was enough for me. So you and I can happily stay on the ground (and go shopping ;) ) while the rest of the crowds ride the coasters!

mudpuppysmom
03-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Great day except for the rain and the bad sushi......Every time we go the Noodle Station is never open!! Well, I take that back, it was open and as a treat stop for the MVMCP.....we got yummy cookies!!!

Glad you guys are having a wonderful time!!

Keep the reports comin':D

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 08:53 AM
How much fun!!! Guest conductor twice and a pin set - that sprinkling of pixie dust sure did work for your dd!!! Great pics! Off for the next day's report!

offwego
03-19-2007, 11:45 AM
What a great day!! I can't get over how amazing your pictures are.

And you and your DD and your friend Michelle sure got your share of pixie dust (both physical and magical).

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us it's very much appreciated.

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

DizNee143
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
yet another good day..thats awesome you guys were able to get into the barber shop..:mickey: