PDA

View Full Version : Need help fiding moderate room with balcony!

peggyr1308
03-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if any of the rooms in the moderate resorts have balconies? I can't seem to find any. I LOVE siting on a balcony and it won't be a vacation without one. My husband agrees. Thank you for all of your help.

CleveRocks
03-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Unfortunately for you, there is no such thing as a WDW moderate (or value) resort with balconies. That animal simply doesn't exist.

In every single room in every single moderate and value resort, your door and your only window(s) open up onto an exterior corridor. If you have a second or third floor room, the "balcony" outside your door is the exterior corridor, the public walkway to get to and from your room, and for everyone else to get to and from their rooms.

So, sorry again, but no balconies at moderates. Zero.

If a balcony is a necessity for you, you'll need to look into the deluxe resorts. You can also save money and get rooms cheaper by renting DVC points (at DVC resorts) rather than renting the room through Disney. That way, you can stay at a deluxe resort (such as Saratoga Springs, the Boardwalk area resorts) but pay in the area of moderate prices.

I'm fairly new to Intercot, but I'll bet there's a DVC forum here where you can learn more about renting DVC points.

GOOD LUCK!

peggyr1308
03-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Thank you so much for the info. Now I can stop driving myself nuts and decide if I'll stay at a deluxe or my free place to stay, Westgate Resorts. I really wanted to stay in Disney but I really need a balcony and am not sure if it's worth the price of a deluxe. Thanks again.

Auntie
03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
I feel the very same way about having a balcony. I especially enjoy having my morning coffee out on the balcony. You also might want to look into the Wilderness Lodge..has some wonderful views..and the rates are less than some of the other Deluxes. Check the resort threads for discount code information. Very often the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge have rooms available with discounted rates. They accomodate four as opposed to other Deluxes that accomodate five..because they offer a daybed and the WL and AKL do not. If you don't have a need for a daybed then these resorts are a good choice. Wilderness Lodge is our favorite.

Pirate Granny
03-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Although there are no balconies, I enjoyed CBR and our room faced the beach and was steps away from the hammocks...We had our morning tea there...and lunch naps and, well you get the idea...also at the FQ there are benches (again we had two just steps away), and i would go get my tea and wander to the water's edge and sit on the bench and watch the boats go by...WL has great rates from time to time and has wonderful balconies as does the YC, but that's really $$$...although well worth it as I can still see my dad enjoying his breakfast out on the balcony and smiling like a little kid...yes, well worth it. Although Westgate has the enclosed balconies, but I agree, it's not the same...but free, versus on site...no question in my mind...:cloud9:

Carol
03-17-2007, 08:34 AM
I would definitely look into the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The standard rooms are priced cheaper than the other deluxe resorts because they are smaller and only sleep 4. However, you get all of the other amenities available at a deluxe resort.

Checkers
03-18-2007, 05:51 PM
:mickey: We just went through the same thing in our family. We had POFQ booked and it was myself, DD & 2 DGDs (ages 3,1). Anyway, my DD calls me one morning and says "You know, Mom, we won't have a balcony to sit out on after the kids are in bed -- what are we going to do, sit in the darkand stare at each other??" As luck would have it we had a change of plans for later on in the year and some of our DVC points became available so we changed to Saratoga Springs. So, I understand how you feel. A balcony really is a must for us as well (especially on this trip)! Good luck, it would be nice if you could rent some points from a DVC member.

cgriff
03-20-2007, 01:24 PM
:mickey: We just went through the same thing in our family. We had POFQ booked and...

Palace of the Frog Queen?

:confused:

cgriff

BrerGnat
03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Palace of the Frog Queen?

:confused:

cgriff

No, it's Palace of the Fairy Queen. :D

Just kidding, of course. POFQ is Port Orleans French Quarter