PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm here for a convention!" solo trip report-part 5

tron80
03-16-2007, 07:41 PM
"Bugs,turtles and mice,oh my!" and dinner at Teppanyaki.

After some hypersleep and breakfast,I went out to AK again. And of course it was more crowded than last night. So I went in first to It's Tough to be a Bug,which is by far,the best 3-D show here in WDW..I laughed myself silly at the "stinger" part. Afterward I went around strolling and saw Lilo & Stitch,with a big line,so I went out to Africa.(I regret that right now,next time I'm gladly getting in line). There was a 30min wait for the Safari,so I did standby. Now there were some animals,like some giraffes,lions,hippos and gators. That's the best thing about this safari..something new every time.Afterward I decided to go to Epcot again,to check tonite's reservation at Teppanyanki.

After arriving,I checked out "Club Cool"-you can taste various soft drinks from around the world. There was this lemon drink from Israel that has a bitter(but not sour) lemon taste. Then there's the famous Beverly....lemme say that it tastes like an alcoholic drink without the alcohol,it is an acquired taste. My favorite one has to be the watermelon drink from China. Afterward I went to the exit and saw something that said:"Character Connection" with a Mickey hand pointing at the entrance. It was a character meet-n-greet place...and it was empty. I happily obliged to take pictures with the characters,there was Mickey,Pluto,Minnie,Goofy and Chip & Dale.
First was Mickey and Pluto,they came out to me to give a hug,hehe,that was nice. Then was Goofy and Minnie...I'm not sure how to say this but Minnie was thrilled to see me. She started giving kisses! And then she wanted a kiss from me,so I happily obliged,laughing. Goofy was such a good sport as well.

Finally there was Chip & Dale...I cannot believe I confused those two. When I asked(wrongly) on who were they...Dale said yes thinking he was Chip,and Chip just bonked him on the head! Then they were messing with my arms for a pose and this was the end result,ladies and gentlemen:http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chipndalemk6.jpg
Oh,man I came out of there almost blushing and laughing. This is a great place for meeting characters,with not a huge line. Oh and as for any adult feeling hesitant about approaching the characters:don't. Everybody is more than welcome,and besides,it's included with your theme park admission. Go ahead! Here at WDW everyone is 5 years old again.

Afterward I catched the ferry boat to the other side of World Showcase. And walked to Japan,the reservation was OK for tonight. Now I went to the first floor of Mistukoshi,to get some really hard to find candy that I can't get at home(agh):Pocky and Hi-Chew. Some of the best candies ever made. Now while walking,there was a huge line for something in France...it was a line for Cinderella. It was cute watching the kids talking to her. Nearby I saw Sleeping Beauty and the cat from the Aristocats. I found myself walking to England and I was about to get Fish and Chips for lunch. The fish could've used some sauce,but it had a fresh seafood taste,the chips were awesome. The shortbread that was included:excellent. I love England. Nearby where I was eating Mary Poppins..popped up(lol). She was alone,and call me crazy, but I did go and met her. She was the most nicest person..and got a great picture. Afterward I went to check out Nemo,this was the first encounter with the cheerleaders...there were screaming and hollering:"NEMO!" in the queue. I was glad I made it to the clammobile,phew. Now,I remember when the pavilion was called the "Living Seas" and it had a story to get to the Seabase(with hydrolators!)...the Nemo thing has a story..about haha,finding Nemo AGAIN. The ride thing was ok...but it's just too much Nemo. I went out afterward for Turtle Talk with Crush..this was VERY GOOD. In fact better than the whole "all your seabase are belong to us" thing. I was sitting in the back far near someone and look what happened:

Crush-"Hey,dude with the blue polo and glasses,why are you doing back there dude?"
(a cast member comes along with a mic and Crush asks my name)
Crush-Whoa...it's(Flipping something and my name starts with an F). Guys,say hi to Fever Flipping(?) Felix!
(audience turns back and says hi..I was nervous of course).
Crush-Tell me Felix dude,is this your first time seeing me?
Me-Uh...yeah.
Crush-Dude! That soooo totally rocks! Isn't the Epcot thing-a-majig great?
Me-Of course....dude.(I finally got into character)
Crush-Haha,awesome dude! You have a question for me dude?(something like that)
Me-Yeah..uh how long have you been here..dude?
Crush-Dude,I been here for almost 80 years(eh?..then the audience laughs). The ocean is a pretty changing place dude.(Then he explains about other stuff,that I can't remember).
Crush-Let's give it up for Flipping Felix dudes,say "you so totally rock!!"
(Audience repeats..yeah)

I'll say this:THAT WAS FUN.I loved it. You must stop by the Seas to "sea" this,heheh.And I got a very nifty Crush pin.The kids started talking to me:"Look it's flipping Felix,high five dude!" Wow. After a lesson in Turtle Talk..I went back to CS for a shower. Then came back here for dinner at Teppanyanki. As I walked up to tell the host for the reservation I waited about a couple of minutes. (Here's another tip: Do those ADR's! I saw people being turned away at the last moment,I did a reservation two weeks ago from that day,I was lucky). Now,I was seated with a family from Chicago and a couple of Grandparents from Florida,with their grandsons fron Indy,visiting for the first time. Now there wasn't too much interaction..I was accustomed to eating in places like these so I didn't care. The food was phenomenal,very "oiishi"(delicious,yummy in japanese). I had some excellent Miso Soup,some "Tori"(chicken with those great noodles and veggies) and to top it off:vanilla ice cream with Mickey sprinkles.

After the family from Chicago left quietly,the grandparents invited me to come join them. The kids introduced themselves,something that I did not expect. And the kids recognized me:

"Aren't you the one who talked with Crush?"
(I nodded)
"I knew it! Look,grandma it's Flipping Felix! Dude!"
"Oh,so you are the one who talked to him!"
"High-five dude!"

These kids are obviously fans of Crush.Thanks Crush,I owe you one. I've told them that I was here alone,and they said:"wow,that's great,having a good time?" Indeed I was. After saying our goodbyes,I camped out near the pagoda to catch Illuminations again,this time without blocking trees. The "we go on" part can get any macho-guy choked. I love this and what a great way to end one of the greatest days I had all week,I've met some old and new friends. I left quickly because at 8am next day,I break bread with Lilo & Stitch. Coming up:"Aloha,cousin!",deja vu at Blizzard Beach and Epcot EMH.

I'm sorry if I use the words:"I","Me" "Myself" way too much. After all it is a solo trip,what other words could you use? Domo arigato all,for taking the time reading this. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
03-16-2007, 08:58 PM
I have done a day or two here or there alone. I am jealous! I would love to do a whole trip alone. As much as I love to travel with my DH and DD, there is just something to be said about being alone :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a good time.

faline
03-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Great interaction with Crush! Sounds like a really awesome day - good food and lots of terrific character interaction!

Nice pic of you with the chipmunks!

tron80
03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks,faline. I'm still star-struck with the whole Crush thing,I was never expecting anything at all,especially since I was sitting way back! He did talk to a mom and some kids though.

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 04:29 PM
sounds like you ha d good time with crush and made some new little friends while doing so!! glad you enjoyed dinner!! :mickey:

pogo
04-11-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm getting the impression that even though you did the trip "solo" you were not alone. You make friends very easily, and that is a great quality to have.:thumbsup:

Got to read more, Dude. :D

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Of course I am partial to pictures with Chip and Dale :chipdale: in them to begin with, but I do have to tell you that is a great shot of you with them that you shared. I just love their Dream vests!! Thanks for sharing that and another really great day with us! :mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm "so totally jealous" that you got to talk with Crush.:thumbsup: