PDA

View Full Version : Jellyrolls

ginny57
03-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I will be celebrating my 50th B-day in October with family and friends coming & going during MY 11 day trip! A friend coming from Fl west coast wants to check out Jellyrolls. Can anyone tell me about it from personal experience??

THANKS!

Seasonscraps
03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
It's a dueling piano bar. The playlist is by request. They interact with the audience who are encouraged to sing & clap along. It starts to fill up after Illuminations ends.

It's so much fun! If you are celebrating something, they may call you up to the stage to make a big hoopla over you.

Last time I was there, the cover was $8. Even though it's on disney property it's not a disney establishment so they do not accept room cards for payment. It is also a smoking establishment.

Anytime we stay in the Epcot area, we go there one evening. :number1:

tinkerbell04
03-18-2007, 09:15 AM
You will have a blast at Jelly Rolls! It is 10 dollars a person cover now. Have a great birthday!:mickey:

Bill George
03-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I LOVE THIS PLACE! It is so much fun. I highly recommend it. You write your requests on a napkin and throw it up on stage. They get the audience involved, and everyone has fun.

BTW- Happy early Birthday. The best people were born in October. (Mine is on the 5th. Please send me something expensive from Disney) :D

Sportster
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Jellyrolls is an absolute blast!! I try to hit it every time I go down. As the others have described, the playlist is created by the audience (usually tip them when you take your request up). They do have some old standards that they seem to play often. Great audience sing along too. You won't be disappointed. Last trip we had free passes to go Citywalk at Universal. They have a similar set up at there - Pat O'briens. Different crowd though. I was honestly disgusted by some of things I saw go on in there. I will NOT be going there again.

PirateLover
03-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Am I right to assume that if we want to close out the place, we should plan on taking a taxi back to the resort? We definitely want to hit up Jellyrolls one night, but we are staying at the Poly.

Bill George
03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I believe the buses run until 2:30. Take a bus to Downtown Disney, then transfer to your bus. It usually winds down around 1 or 1:30. Everyone else is trying to get back to their rooms as well.

DisneyTeen
03-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Just a question, If you are staying offsite and still want to go to jellyrolls, is parking at the boardwalk like other disney hotel's where you only get like a 2 hour pass, or will I be able to park around 9pm and stay till last call?

pox24
03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
What a blast. These guys know every song in the world! Have fun.

ginny57
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm sold. I'll have a drink for EACH of you when I get there!

mmr42
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Never hada problem parking at the boardwalk, although only only parked once then used valet.

JELLYROLLS is awesome. My friend is from Philly so she requested Philadelphia Freesom and they didnot know it so they searched her down to give her her $$ back. So she told them to keep it and sing anything that reminded them of Philly. Well they came back with the theme from Fresh Prince of BelAir - you know what I'm talking about

"Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air ---
In West Philadelphia born and raised

Are you all singing it now? Or am I just aging myself?

ginny57
03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Having been born in Philly myself, I am familiar with BOTH songs. And, yes, I am singing along while I type!

BellewanaB
03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I visit the Boardwalk frequently and all I say is that I'm there to grab dinner. I never get a "pass" and stay for as long as I like.

Even though you can get transfer busses, I'd def do a taxi for pia factor back to Poly.

For the Big 50 in October, make sure you go on a Fri or Sat night. I've gone during the week where it's DEAD and a little awkward (although, I'll say, those guys were JAMIN reguardless. It's just tough to do a sing a long when there's ten people in there and you're with 4 of them)

And by the way, you don't write a day over 42:funny:

ginny57
03-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks

I've been told that I write well for my age! 42 works for me!

tinkerbell04
03-22-2007, 07:58 PM
A cab from there late is your best bet. It is very easy to get there and after a long night of fun at JellyRolls, that 15 bucks is worth every penny! :party: