PDA

View Full Version : Earl Of Sandwich?

Donald Duck 224
03-16-2007, 12:35 PM
One place we have never tried is Earl of Sandwich. HOw is the food there?

THanks

angedeaile
03-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I haven't tried it, but have read many threads raving about it! I noticed it is often referred to as the best CS in DTD...running a close second is Puck Ex.

This thread gives you a good idea at how people love the place and some of their sandwiches. It made me so hungry after reading it.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=97617&highlight=earl+sandwich

Needless to say, I haven't heard many bad things about it and I do plan on eating there next time. I have my eye on the Caprese

mrsgaribaldi
03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
They have the best sandwich I've ever eaten:thumbsup: Try them at least once if you can. I love "The Original 1762 " without the cheese. Delicious:cloud9:

goofysbabe
03-16-2007, 01:11 PM
LOVE this place. Sandwiches are wonderful and the price is right too! Be sure to try and stop in.:thumbsup:

figment
03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
we ate there our last trip... and i had one of their turkey sandwiches... which was great. i think they made their own chips??? and i wasn't to impressed with those... but the sandwich filled me up.

disneymom15
03-16-2007, 01:38 PM
We've eaten there 2 or 3 times. It's very good.

DNS
03-16-2007, 01:45 PM
My hubby loved it, but I didn't care for it at all.

eam
03-16-2007, 02:08 PM
We have eaten there many times and have thoroughly loved everything we have tried. As a matter of fact, it is one of the first places we will eat when we are there in May. (Only 10 more weeks!!)

Vinny
03-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Earl of Sandwich is very good. If you are looking for a quick meal on the go it is one of the best. I usually go there on the day I return home from WDW before my flight. Most often having an early evening flight home, I usually go to the parks for about half a day and them head over to Sandwich for a later lunch before the flight. They offer alot of specialty sandwiches and/or soups that are very good for the price.

Jasper
03-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I notice that a previous poster mentioned that Earl is in the Downtown Disney area. I don't remember seeing it before, is it new say in the last three years or so?

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I notice that a previous poster mentioned that Earl is in the Downtown Disney area. I don't remember seeing it before, is it new say in the last three years or so?

Yes within the last three years or so. It's next to the kitchen shop at DTD which used to be called the pantry or something. (In fact you can still walk in through it but it's much smaller then it used to be).

Frankly we tried it and were not overwhelmed. For a CS credit on the dining plan I would much rather go to Wolfgang express which is pretty near this anyway.

(however for leftover credits or something to go to the airport with I agree it could work pretty well)

tinkerbell04
03-16-2007, 05:45 PM
We have eaten here many times and everything we have ever gotten has been great. I have tried a few of the sandwiches and the salads are good too. I do agree though for value on the ddp, Wolfgang Puck Express is awesome also.:mickey:

Donald Duck 224
03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks Everyone! Ill be sure to try it this week. We have always tried to stop there, but the only time we are at the marketplace is after we have eaten dinner.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
We've eaten there a couple of times, the food was good. They also had little side dishes of potato salad, cole slaw etc. The lines can be quite long, but moves fairly quickly. And by Disney standards, it's fairly inexpensive.

Meteora
03-18-2007, 03:22 PM
My family and I are big fans. Even my sister, the pickiest of eaters, loved her sandwich. It's a great place to go after a long morning in the parks, when you're hot and dehydrated and starving. As mentioned before, the line can seem overwhelming, but it goes very quickly and you'll be eating before you know it. We like to top it off with a trip to ghirardelli.

Natazu
03-18-2007, 05:50 PM
It's one of the best quick service places at Disney. It's also very affordable so if you're on the Dining Plan, consider paying out of pocket there.

magicofdisney
03-18-2007, 06:07 PM
The BLT is fabulous! One note: the kid's meal cheese pizza isn't actually a pizza. Maybe this is obvious to some, but we ordered it and it turns out it's actually a sandwich with pizza sauce and cheese on it. As good as their other sandwiches are, this was NOT a favorite of my son's.

murphy1
03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
My dd and I had dinner there on our mother daughter trip last year for $8 with our AAA discount! It is great, they have good soup too.

luvdiznee
03-18-2007, 06:44 PM
OT question: What comes with the sandwiches? In case you want to take it to your resort or just walk and eat, what else will you have to carry? :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
1) Earl of Sandwich is a nice place for a meal.
2) The offerings are typically
. . . sandwiches
. . . salads
. . . several component food items
3) In our opinion
. . . the servings are right-sized (not huge)
. . . fair priced (not typical WDW expensive)
. . . the food is well thought-out and nicely prepared
. . . the sandwiches have a uniqueness

NOTE: My favorite is the ham and swiss with sauce.

KAT1811
03-19-2007, 03:30 PM
We loved Earl of Sandwich. Great different sandwiches. A great DTD dining choice!

TheRustyScupper
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
1) Earl of Sandwich is a nice place for a meal.
2) The offerings available are
. . . sandwiches
. . . small hot meals
. . . salads
. . . several component food items
. . . soft drinks and sodas
3) In our opinion
. . . the servings are right-sized (not huge) *
. . . fair priced (not typical WDW expensive)
. . . the food is well thought-out and nicely prepared
. . . the sandwiches have a uniqueness

* I say right-sized because Disney in many cases try to over-stuff the plate and give so much food. This seems like a just-right portion.

HndrdPrcnt
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
The Earl of Sandwich is a MUST DO for us!! In fact, on our last trip, we must have done it at least 3 times. The sandwiches are so good! My favorite is the Cannonball (meatball) sandwich. My DDs love the PizzaSandwich. Very yummy and very well priced. The bread they use is amazing! :tasty:

tinkerbell04
03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
OT question: What comes with the sandwiches? In case you want to take it to your resort or just walk and eat, what else will you have to carry?

Just the sandwich comes with the sandwich :) They have chips and sides that you can buy and take with you, but if you are concerned with carrying stuff, the sandwiches are greatly portable! Enjoy:mickey:

luvdiznee
03-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Just the sandwich comes with the sandwich :) They have chips and sides that you can buy and take with you, but if you are concerned with carrying stuff, the sandwiches are greatly portable! Enjoy:mickey:

Thanks! Good to know. I wasnt sure if it were like a CS meal that came with a drink and all. But that's fine. :mickey:

DISFREAKS
03-19-2007, 07:42 PM
A must do at least once a trip. DW loves the egg salad and I always get the 1762.

crazypoohbear
03-20-2007, 10:35 PM
We really like the sandwiches there.
The food is cheap, fresh, and tasty.
If you use a CS then you get the drink the sandwich and the side and dessert.

We ate there last August before we left for home and I bought an older couple lunch with our leftover CS vouchers.
Even if Earl was outside of disney I think the prices would still be reasonable!
GO, ENJOY