PDA

View Full Version : Cokes from around the world

disneydawniebeth
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know if they still do this in Epcot and where it is located? We have read about it several times and we still have never done it. Hope we didn't miss the boat.

Michigander
03-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes they still offer them.:mickey:

Disneytrotters
03-16-2007, 11:01 AM
is located in Future World at Epcot. It is interesting to try out different "taste treats". Stay away from Beverly!!!:sick:

Michigander
03-16-2007, 11:15 AM
sorry missed listing where it was in Epcot:blush: and you are so right stay away from Beverly:ack: But do enjoy all the others:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-16-2007, 12:05 PM
You probably missed it due to the renovation it went through last year and the name change. I miss the old igloo!

King Triton
03-16-2007, 12:11 PM
You probably missed it due to the renovation it went through last year and the name change. I miss the old igloo!

Chris is right. I had to specifically look for it last time down...its not especially well marked and I think I walked right by it before I found it. And having been to Ice Station Cool many times, I should have known better.

The sodas are many different varieties. The samples are not "Coke", but different flavors that the Coca-Cola company sells around the world. None of which resembles Coca-Cola in any way. You can get a Coke there, but you have to buy a bottle of it, just like from any other Coke cart around Epcot and WDW.

huzzah4
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Although it is horrid, you need to at least try the Beverley, if for no other reason, so you can tell others just how awful it actually is. Granted, I would highly recommend that you try it in small sips, it makes less of a mess that way. I have some each trip, I just refuse to believe it is actually as bad as it is (I prove myself wrong each time).

Brer Longhorn
03-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I second the recommendation to at least try the Beverly. It's one of those things you have to try - just be prepared!

indytraveler
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I've wanted to do this on my last trip... Glad its still around. Is there any flavor that is better than US Coca-Cola?

May524
03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I have some each trip, I just refuse to believe it is actually as bad as it is (I prove myself wrong each time).

haha! Thats so funny! I admit to doing the same...hehe :mickey:

dinahvixen
03-16-2007, 05:40 PM
What is Beverly? A soda from a different country?

Jared
03-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know if they still do this in Epcot and where it is located? We have read about it several times and we still have never done it. Hope we didn't miss the boat.
Coca-Cola products from around the world are available at Club Cool, located near the Imagination! pavilion.

What is Beverly? A soda from a different country?
Beverly is an Italian aperitif available at Club Cool. It is very bitter, and many people spit it out before swallowing. People on the boards like to joke because the stuff tastes so bad

Catwillow
03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
This is from the Wikipedia.....An apéritif or aperitif is an alcoholic drink usually enjoyed as an appetizer before a large meal. It is often served with something small to eat, like olives or crackers.

Now the Beverly is a "non" alcoholic drink ... but yet is still considered an aperitif. So saying this .. I am wondering has anyone ever had this drink with say a nice rye & brie? or triscuit & cheddar (LOL). Most aperitif's I have had are generally accompanied with "finger foods".

Now saying this....I however am one of a few Americans that actually like the Beverly. I was "shocked" (and this is EVERYTIME) by the first sip or two but after that I rather enjoy it. Now I am curious as to how it would taste with finger foods.

Kathleen

Tink#64
03-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Beverly:ack: Beware:bolt:

But we all really like the drink from China - it's watermelon!:tasty:

I don't recall any of the drinks being anything like our cola drinks at all! I do remember that my DS's like another one that was lemon flavored, but I can't remember which country it was from.:confused:

It's a lot of fun if you can find it!:mickey:

joelkfla
03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
I've wanted to do this on my last trip... Glad its still around. Is there any flavor that is better than US Coca-Cola?
I think most of them are better than regular Coke, but that's purely a matter of individual preference.

Pop Centurion
03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
So how many people tried the Beverly even though you were warned not to, just to see if it's as bad as everyone says?

I know I did. :ack:

Sylvia
03-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I have to admit, even though I already know I don't like the taste, I always have some of the Beverly.

When I was in Atlanta last year, I visited the World of Coca Cola, and there's a testing area there also. Yes, you guessed it - I had some of the Beverly.

I don't remember the names or the countries of the various drinks, but I really like the ginger ale and the watermelon flavors.

tinksmom02
03-17-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't recall any of the drinks being anything like our cola drinks at all! I do remember that my DS's like another one that was lemon flavored, but I can't remember which country it was from.:confused:

I may be wrong, because we only tasted a few of the sodas (and unfortunately Beverly was among them :ack: ), but I THINK that the soda from Israel had a lemony-lime taste, kind of like Sprite? I enjoyed that one the best.

I was also surprised that all of the sodas we tasted were clear, not at all like our Coke, Pepsi, etc. Is the dark-colored syrup an American thing, does anyone know?

LudwigVonDrake
03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Ah, Beverly :ack:

caryrae
03-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Here are the flavors.

Smart Watermelon - China
The Chinese name for watermelon, his-kua [pronounced she-gua] means melon from the west, which introduced it to china nearly 1200 years ago. Today, the Chinese produce 40% of the world's watermelon crop and consume millions of watermelons each summer.

Kinley Lemon - Israel
Invading Mongols were probably the first to introduce lemonade to the Middle East. Historical records from the 12th century reveal that a drink made of lemons, water and honey was popular among Genghis Khan's thirsty warriors.

Lychee Mello - Thailand
This unique beverage is very popular in its home country of Thailand. It contains the essence of lychee, a very sweet and juicy grape-like fruit.

Vegitabeta - Japan
The Japanese have long recognized the importance of beverages for both nutrition and health benefits. In modern Japan, this interest in healthy consumption finds its ultimate expression in "health" vending machines that dispense vitamin drinks like Vegitabeta.

Fanta Kolita - Costa Rica
The sweet quality of this fruity flavor from Costa Rica makes it very popular with children of all ages.

Mezzo Mix - Germany
The best known German beverage is beer. Germans often mix their beer with other beverages to weaken the alcohol content and enhance the flavor. Mixing flavors has also become popular in non-alcoholic beverages like Mezzo Mix.

Beverly - Italy
Drinking an aperitif before dinner to stimulate the appetite is a traditional part of Italian refreshment culture. Beverly, with its bitter flavor, is a popular non-alcoholic aperitif.

Krest Ginger Ale - Mozambique
Ginger has long been used as a medicinal herb throughout Africa so it is not surprising that ginger ale is a popular drink in Mozambique. It is also popular in shebeens, informal bars where it is used as a mixer.

cgriff
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Awesome! Thanks caryrae!

:thumbsup:

bradk
03-18-2007, 01:49 PM
just to make a minor correction, Club Cool is located near Innoventions West, although I believe technically it's next to the Fountainview Cafe.

forgive me if this isn't proper protocol, but i do have a photo of the available 'flavors around the world' here: http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/2214665#122814067

the most popular does seem to be the watermelon (although i'm partial to kinley myself) and for the longest time since the refurb, they seemed to be out of it, but fortunately it's back.

i've also heard that if you ask, nobody in the italy pavilion at epcot has even heard of beverly? just throwing that one out there.

WDW_Obsessed
03-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I love stopping in to test the cokes from around the world! It's such a fun little break from the heat of the day:thumbsup: Just as an fyi...when I was there in october all the Beverley had an Out of Order sign on them. Hmmm...maybe Disney is tired of all the :ack: from that nasty soda!

Disneytrotters
03-19-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't recall any of the drinks being anything like our cola drinks at all!

and that, I believe, was the one from Germany. I drank a few glasses of that to get the taste of Beverly out of my mouth!!:sick:

xoHelloKittyox
03-20-2007, 12:37 AM
You know I've never tryed the Beverly and never will. But something I always will do is trick my friends into trying it!

This summer my friend went with me for her first ever trip to WDW! I told her how AMAZING the Beverly was! haha needless to say she spit it out and I was called a few choice words haha we laughed the whole time too!!!! :D :marg: