PDA

View Full Version : may crowds and birthday

abdcsl
03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello all. We are planning a trip May 5th (my 31st birthday) through the 11th. What will the crowds be like and how can I make my birthday at Disney even more exciting? ( I really pushed to be there on b-day to DH :party: )

DDuck66
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I have been to WDW numerous times during early May. The weekends tend to get pretty crowded, especially at the MK. The week days are relatively empty with little or no waiting. I think it is one of the best times to go.
As far as your birthday, make sure you get a birthday button and let everyone know it is your birthday!!!! If you are outgoing with the CM's, they will really be responsive to you. Have a great birthday!!!!!

abdcsl
03-16-2007, 11:40 AM
How do I get a birthday button?

offwego
03-16-2007, 11:55 AM
How do I get a birthday button?

Either at your resort at check in or at guest relations in any of the parks.

Sharon1026
03-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Happy Birthday early!

If you stop at guest relations at any of the parks and tell them that it's your birthday, they will give you a birthday pin with your name on it. You won't believe the attention that you will get! CM's will say happy birthday to you all day.

We were at Epcot and a CM in Mexico gave my husband, who had on his birthday pin, a churro for free! It was very nice. Enjoy!

:stitch2:

Belle_0717
03-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes Happy Birthday. :party:

Guest relations at any of the parks and even at DTD have the buttons. Whether a birthday, just married, anniversary or first time visit button wearer, you get lots of attention and sometimes some free stuff. Don't assume anything - we received one free dessert while on our anniversary trip meanwhile the year before we got something free or special at every place we went for our honeymoon.

We will probably see you in there. DH and I are heading down for 5 days - need to get away - for our first May trip 5/7-11.

dolphinmickey9170
03-16-2007, 01:18 PM
If you are making any ADRs, let them know as well that it is your birthday. You may be surprised at what happens at the restaurants. We were married at the point at the polynesian in July of last year, we wore our wedding pins everywhere. We got front of the line service at SM, and received three free FP to other rides, we got a free set of champagne glasses at CRT, we got a free glass of champagne at the concourse steakhouse. We were congratulated everywhere by lots of castmembers. It was great. However, if you are a quiet, reserved person who is uncomfortable with the attention, just keep it to yourself. Anyway, enjoy your trip and happy birthday. Maybe we will see you there, we will be there the 6th-18th of May!!:party:

MizMissy
03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
We were in WDW for my DD's 7th birthday. Went to MGM in the morning, Epcot in the afternoon and HDDR for dinner - so we picked up birthday badges for her at three parks (stopped by MK on the boat ride from HDDR after dinner).
The best was Epcot because Goofy called her with a HB message. I have a picture of her face on the call - pure joi.:cloud9:
Also, HDDR was great because they recognize birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

McGoofy
03-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Hello all. We are planning a trip May 5th (my 31st birthday) through the 11th. What will the crowds be like and how can I make my birthday at Disney even more exciting? ( I really pushed to be there on b-day to DH :party: )

Well, there will be at least 3 of us in the park with you!:party: Our family of 3 will be there May 6-12th. It's a week right in the middle between my 36th birthday and DS's 9th birthday. (AGGGHHH...last year with child rates at WDW:( ) From what I hear it isn't too terribly crowded that time of year, and times like that are getting harder and harder to find at WDW. Anyway, happy birthday to you and perhaps I will see you there!:mickey: (50 more days according to my Intercot countdown clock!!:cool: )

pshokie
03-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, there will be at least 3 of us in the park with you!:party: Our family of 3 will be there May 6-12th.

Well, you can move that number closer to a dozen. Our party of 5 will also be there May 6-12th, also celebrating a birthday:party: . This the first trip for our kids, and our oldest (DD will be turning 4 while we are there.

But maybe we shouldn't be talking about this. Want to keep the crowds down...:secret:

Jasper
03-16-2007, 02:06 PM
We have also done early May in the past and found the weekdays to be fairly light in terms of crowds. Granted, crowds at Disney parks are a relative term! Even though it may be light for Disney, it will certainly be busy compared to many other places.

Weekends in May do tend to be fairly full but not horribly so.

abdcsl
03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Considering my first visit to MK was on July 3rd when I was 8 years old and I begged not to go back the next day....relative crowding is ok:) Thanks for all the feedback. I love to chat on Intercot to get pumped about my trips.
abdcsl
Pop Sept 2006
Pop May 2007 (surprise for DS age 5)