PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I am Cheating on Disney

Speedy1998
03-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I am taking my kids to Sea World - San Antonio tommorow, and I feel like I am cheating on Disney. DS 2 keeps telling everyone that he is going to Disney World to see Shamu.

Eeyore3138
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
I totally understand how you feel!

I started reading Lemony Snicket and had to stop because I felt like I was cheating on Harry Potter!

Isn't it funny how anything AROUND disney, people consider disney? I had a student who talked for weeks about going to disney and when he came back and I asked him what he did, there was NO disney at all! Sea World, Universal, etc. But he was convinced he went to Disney!

Darbylew
03-16-2007, 10:14 AM
We have never gone to any other parks in
Orlando. We love WDW and just enjoy the
parks there. We are passholders so we just
spend our time in the WDW parks. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY..........:D :yay:

StillSimbaGirl
03-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I think that's the way Disney would want you to feel.

All companies want your loyalty. Coke always wants you to drink Coke - even if Pepsi is on sale.

Frankly, I love Disney - but I would be doing a gross injustice to my family - if that was the only place we ever went. It's a big world out there...Disney is just a part of it.

That, and you are not married to a Corporation. You didn't take a vow - or get engaged to Mickey - although Chip did once give me a paper napkin engagement ring!

I say, broaden your horizons. And for the love of all things Epcot, visit the actual world.

Barb_A
03-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Well ... i love WDW, but there are a LOT of other things in life to experience! WDW, US, Sea World, Six Flags, Cedar Point, you name it!

Just because i *like* to eat steak, doesn't mean i have to ONLY eat steak when i go out! I can still enjoy it, and when i decide to have steak again, that just makes it all the better!

Rockstar Boyfriends
03-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Just because it isn't "Disney's Sea World" doesn't mean it's not any fun. I visited Sea World San Antonio and I had fun.

You're not cheating on Disney either. It isn't like people in Mickey ears are going to come to your house and beat you up! ;)

NJGIRL
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I too could not imagine only going to Disney and never traveling anywhere else. We love our Disney vacations but also like to travel all over the country and the world. There is so much to do and I want to take in as much as possible. I understand the fun that comes along with Disney vacations but other places we have traveled to have been different but equally fun. We have found the most enjoyable vacations where we have least expected them.
We are not people to just sit down and relax so we don't do the week long beach thing, we like to always be on the move and there are so many places that you can do that.

Just my opinion but if you limit yourself to only Disney vacations you are missing out on so much.

mmr42
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
This is too funny because the first time my youngest daughter went to Disney (Florida) it was the same thing. Now my mother in law (MIL) (yuck!) lives about 45 min from WDW. So we went there before WDW.

And my daughter kept asking "when are we going to Florida" (after we weer already there)

so when we told her we were she was like no WE ARE IN DISNEY WORLD - WHEN DO WE GO TO FLORIDA.

It was so funny the whole trip!

RAIDER
03-29-2007, 04:05 AM
I love disney but i love what florida has to offer in the way of theme parks ..So i do not in any way feel any loyalty .....Sometimes its lovely to go to something totally different such as Silver Springs,Seaworld ,Cypress Gardens,Holyland or Universal ...

It makes the holiday more diverse and gives you something to compare it too ...:thumbsup:

thrillme
03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I love Disney but boy oh boy would I love to have the money to do Discovery Cove and swim with the dolphins.