PDA

View Full Version : *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 3

Christine
03-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Thursday March 15th

me, 35
DH, 37
DD, 7
DFIL and his fiance (staying at an RV park offsite)
Michelle, my dear friend from Cocoa Beach

MGM:

My crew is fading already! DD and I got out to the bus stop at 10am again, and went to MGM. DH, DFIL and his fiance met up with us at 11 (I think we are wearing them out!) My friend Michelle met up with us at 10:30. DD and I first stopped at Starring Rolls for a lite breakfast (croissant for me, blueberry muffin for her). We heard High School Musical pull up behind us at the hat, so we went to watch that afterwards. I like it better now that it is in MGM...that is more appropriate being a movie, and the set is wonderful.

Next, we did a few meet and greets, then DFIL and his fiance went to Star Tours. (Having never seen Star Wars, it just doesn't make much sense to me...I've ridden it before, but it is totally lost on me!) So Michelle, DD, and I went to the coffee shop/bookstore across the street and browsed. DD got a notebook and pen set. That sure was a lifesaver for the rest of the day...anytime we had a wait, she would draw. Wonderful!

After they got off Star Tours, we went to see Muppets 3D. It was getting to be about parade time, so we got a bench/curb at our FAVORITE place right near the exit and watched Disney Stars and Motor Cars. I love this parade! DD was so excited she got to shake 5 characters' hands!

After that, we went to Prime Time 50's for a late lunch at 3:45. What a fun time! DFIL and his fiance really liked it...she kept saying, "I had a lamp like that!" etc. They really liked the interaction and theme. Michelle got in trouble for elbows on the table, our cousin told DFIL's bride to be to stop whining, and DH had to wear a bib before he could eat his hot fudge sundae! DD had grilled chicken and pasta, DFIL and Michelle had fried chicken, DH had a turkey sandwich, DFIL's fiance had chicken pot pie, and I ...still trying to stave off a gallbladder attack, had a child's bowl of mac cheese. (for those keeping score, that makes 3 servings of mac cheese for me so far this trip!)
We all enjoyed the food and experience at lunch!

After lunch, we saw the Indy stunt show. A first for me. Again, having never seen an Indiana Jones movie, it went right over my head. Next, we went on the Great Movie Ride. Have I mentioned I am getting tired of the teenagers yet? There were 5 behind us, talking on cell phones, kicking the seats, making fun of other guests' weight, clothes, handicaps, etc. (I have seen this WAY too much this week...I may blow my top soon and have to speak up!)

After our stroll through Hollywood past and present, we were off on the Voyage of the LIttle Mermaid. Cute as always...

Next came my favorite, One Man's Dream. I can not sit through that film without crying! The sky started to look threatening. We had first thought we would ride rides up until the 10 showing of Fantasmic when the park closed, but thought we had better not press our luck and did the 8:30 instead. GOOD CALL! Our show went on, but they ended up having to stop the 10 midway through. DFIL and his fiance ABSOLUTELY LOVED FANTASMIC! They were blown away!! It was incredible to see them so awestruck!

Afterwards, DD, DH, Michelle, and DFIL used their FP's for RnRC. DFIL came out CHEERING! He is having so much fun! I am so glad they came. I know it makes DH happy to see his dad enjoying himself so much!

Then DH, Michelle, and DFIL went on ToT. Again, this was a hit!

With about ten minutes to go until closing, DFIL decided he just had to go on RnRC again. He literally ran to get in line!

When they came out, the sky opened up and we got SOAKED! We ran to the candy shop and waited it out (somehow, DD and DH ended up with turtle fudge too!) When it lightened up a bit, we headed for the bus to call it a night. I realized I was REALLY hungry (a croissant and mac cheese all day was not enough to get me through) so I went to the food court when we got home and got us some drinks and a pizza. This is the most risky food I have eaten all week and I hope I don't regret it!:sick:

DD is sound asleep, DH is getting ready to load my pictures, and I am about to get a hot shower and head to bed. All in all, another great day!!

*High point of the day--seeing the inlaws watch Fantasmic...they were just too cute!

*Funniest moment of the day---at Prime Time 50's Cafe, DD was so scared to put her elbows on the table, she held them up as she colored! (see photo!)

*Purchases--DD's notebook and pen. That's it! If I don't get downtown by myself soon I may lose it!!

*Plan for tomorrow---Magic Kingdom!

Photos...Click Here (http://community.webshots.com/album/558200057mrmhDR)

BronxTigger
03-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the trip reports! I am reading them while I eat my breakfast. I don't know what I'll do next week during breakfast when you are back at home! Haha!

Your daughter would love my commute. Every morning, this lady that bears a stunning resemblance (even down to the posture and bag she carries!) to the Mary Poppins in your avatar!

CanadianWDWFan
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for sharing your MGM with us, Christine!:thumbsup: It sounds like a good day had by all!

BTW, Mac Cheese :eat: is in a food group all by itself.:tasty:

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for sharing MGM!

Can't wait for more Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

Don't let the teens get to you - you're in a magical place, and regardless of their behavior, there are lots of good things surrounding you! :mickey:

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Another great day! So glad your FIL is having such a wonderful time! RnRC is an AWESOME thrill of a ride! So I don't blame him for wanting to get in that one last ride! Hope your gall bladder continues to behave itself. CAn't wait to read your next report.

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 09:04 AM
TERRIFIC!! You even managed to have a picture taken with the ever elusive Daisy Duck (DS3 has a crush on her -- and we have yet to find her :() . I :shrug:am amazed that you haven't seen Indy! Star Wars was bad enough...but Indy too? :jaw:
Terrific posts Christine -- and thanks for my pic yesterday! :mickey:
I actually teared up a bit reading about your FinL and Rock'n'Rollercoaster. How fabulous!!

murphy1
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
How funny that pic of your dd, she looks so tired, but those elbows are staying up. My kids are now asking me every morning "where are the lady's pictures from Disney??" LOL

Keep having a great time!

offwego
03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
What a great report!! I'm so glad your having a good time and so far (aside from often being hungry) your feeling ok.

I can't believe your FIL on RNR!! And everyone seems to be getting along so well. Your DD's hat this day is just amazing. I love how well your pics are turning out.

Thanks for sharing this with us.:mickey:

faline
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Terrific day!

Glad your gallbaldder has been behaving itself!

Christine
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the trip reports! I am reading them while I eat my breakfast. I don't know what I'll do next week during breakfast when you are back at home! Haha!

Your daughter would love my commute. Every morning, this lady that bears a stunning resemblance (even down to the posture and bag she carries!) to the Mary Poppins in your avatar!

I am humbled that my reports are beating out the morning news! :D And my daughter would LOVE to see your "Mary Poppins" look-a-like! Shoot, I would too, for that matter!

BTW, Mac Cheese :eat: is in a food group all by itself.:tasty:

Boy, don't I know it!

Don't let the teens get to you - you're in a magical place, and regardless of their behavior, there are lots of good things surrounding you! :mickey:

I know, I am trying...I think I could handle just "annoying" behavior, but the HATEFUL behavior is just too much to watch. Honestly, who makes fun of handicapped folks??? :mad:

How funny that pic of your dd, she looks so tired, but those elbows are staying up. My kids are now asking me every morning "where are the lady's pictures from Disney??" LOL

Wasn't that funny with the elbows?? :D And that is so sweet your kids are enjoying the photos...you're raising them right to love Disney so much! :thumbsup:

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 12:18 PM
What a fun day! Your Father-in-law on RnRC reminds me so much of my daughter's first time. She came out cheering too!

Isn't Fantasmic just, fantastic? I'm so glad they enjoyed it.

Great fun, great family, great time...thanks for taking us along. :mickey:

tron80
03-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Another great day. Looking at the pictures,that must've been hard for your daughter to color! Thanks for the report!

BelleCiavo
03-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Great pictures and report. I have never seen the RRC line so long :cool: , Thank you Disney for fastpass.

Karen

KylesMom
03-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I too cannot believe you've never seen Star Wars or Indiana Jones!:darth:

It's so wonderful to hear that everyone is having a good time - except for this:
Have I mentioned I am getting tired of the teenagers yet? There were 5 behind us, talking on cell phones, kicking the seats, making fun of other guests' weight, clothes, handicaps, etc.. Don't let 'em spoil your magic, Christine!

Too cute about FIL! DD looks like she's ready to throw in the towel at 50's. I REALLY think you need to go shopping!!!:mickey:
Thanks for sharing with us!

mudpuppysmom
03-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Great day!!! FIL is really getting into the thrill rides, eyh? Glad to hear it!! It's so fun to watch grown adults having so much fun!!!

Oh, and the kids on the cell phones, making fun of other guests.....I'm going to assume they are girls.....wait til they have kids and get hips!! And, once they have those kids, what it's like not to be able to buy new fashionable clothes each season........maybe then they might remember!:mad:

pogo
03-16-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm getting tired just reading this. Your family is having so much fun. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Love the pics. :D

Caroleh
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Looks like you're having a great time!!! That's so cute, your DD coloring!!! I love it about your FIL and RnR!!!

I love all the pictures, gives me that feeling that Dec. will soon be here!!!

Bethis26fan
03-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Sounds like another great day.

TikiGoddess
03-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I love the picture of your DH with the bib on. Great look!

TikiG

Here we go again...
03-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Another great day! I don't know if I could do Disney on such a bland diet though. I sure hope the pizza does not make you start feeling bad.

I love reading about your FIL. It sounds like he is going to be bit by the Disney bug! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
03-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Another great day! I just love reading about the trip and then getting to see the pics! Sorry to hear about the gallbladder- my mom is having trouble with hers now too- going to get an operation in a few weeks! But I am glad to hear so far so good with the food so far for you! Thanks for sharing your day!:mickey:

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Christine, thanks so much for the report and the pics! They are awesome! :thumbsup:

Glad you stumbled upon the great drawing trick... it's one of my personal favorites (keeps DS entertained every time).

We've got to get some popular culture into you! Now that you have DD though, you have no choice. ;)

Can't wait to read more!

DizNee143
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
another great day...im glad you guys ended up going to the earlier showing of fantasmic and that everyone really enjoyed it!!...:mickey: