PDA

View Full Version : Do these characters exist?

disneydude1
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
I have been compiling a list of all Disney Character Greetings ever and am having some trouble finding info about some of them and was wondering if some of these even existed. Any help please!!!

- Webby from DuckTales

- Pete from Goof Troop

- Gurgi from Black Cauldron

- Basil from Great Mouse Detective

- Jenny from Oliver & Company

- Wild Wing from Mighty Ducks

- Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninjua Turtles

- Yoda from Star Wars

- Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars

- C-3PO from Star Wars

Even if these characters only appeared in shows or parades, I would still appreciate any pictures of info on them.

Also, there are four characters which I cannot place names with: Please help!!!

- Green and blue dinosaurs from Animal Kingdom (not Conniesaurus or Carnatorous)
- 2 Poodle looking dogs, they are featured in the Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show on the Walt Disney Treasures DVD: Disneyland USA.

PLEASE HELP WITH ANYTHING!!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Can't say that I've seen any of those characters either...but I've always been curious about if they'd put on a Pink Elephant Parade. Would even like to see them walk around a bit!

Chris :hatter:

Meeko_33785
03-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I've heard from CMs that Webby and Pete do exhist, but I don't know if they have ever been out for anything.

I've seen pictures and video of Gurgi from the 80s, but never in person.

I've heard Basil was out when the movie came out, but not since.

Wildwing made appearences at the Mighty Ducks games in Anaheim. I'm not sure if he still does.

The rest, I'm not sure about. I'm pretty sure than the only TMNT characters were the four turtles and April though.

As for the Dinos, I'm not sure if they have official names, but I've heard them refered to as Chester and Hester.

tyandskyesmom
03-16-2007, 12:33 PM
- Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars

- C-3PO from Star Wars

- Green and blue dinosaurs from Animal Kingdom (not Conniesaurus or Carnatorous)

Obi-Wan is out during Star Wars Weekends and so is C3PO.

Chester and Hester are the Green and Blue Dinos at AK and they come out near their store.

Figgyluv03
03-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Call me crazy, but I think I saw Pete in the Disney afternoon live stage show, but that was back in the 90's, so my memory isn't that clear. I don't think we have any pictures from that though.

Brer Robert
03-17-2007, 08:37 AM
I don't think a Pete costume ever existed, same goes for Webby. If Webby did ever make appearences, it would've most likely been at Disneyland where they once did a temporary land called the "Disney Afternoon Avenue" where Mickey's Toontown currently resides. I DO know that the Beagle Boys made appearences there, but I'm not sure about Webby.

AliceinDisney
03-18-2007, 03:27 AM
Apparently when "Oliver and Company" first came out they had a Dodger costume, but the movie didnt do well and so it was scratched.

I think they need to have an Arthur from Sword and the Stone character. They have Merlin. I think it would be good.

Also I think they should do a costume for Oliver and Company.

The Black Cauldron characters should make a comeback. Disney needs to re-release that flick.

The Rescuers should be out and about, as well as the freaky lady that was in that movie too. Never can have to many villians.

disneydude1
03-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I've heard from CMs that Webby and Pete do exhist, but I don't know if they have ever been out for anything.

I've seen pictures and video of Gurgi from the 80s, but never in person.

I've heard Basil was out when the movie came out, but not since.

Wildwing made appearences at the Mighty Ducks games in Anaheim. I'm not sure if he still does.

The rest, I'm not sure about. I'm pretty sure than the only TMNT characters were the four turtles and April though.

As for the Dinos, I'm not sure if they have official names, but I've heard them refered to as Chester and Hester.

Could you find those pictures and send them to me to I can see Gurgi.

Also, thanks for all the other help. Apparently Jenny existed in an Oliver & Compnay stage show at MGM that starred Oliver, Dodger, Georgette and Tito. However I have never seen pictures of any of those characters.

I think that the Disney Afternoon show would be the only place to see Pete and Webby. But a CM told me about them as well, so they just may exist.

That makes sense about Basil, however I did see Ratigan at MGM back in 2001, so maybe Basil has returned more recently.

I have heard of Chester and Hester but I was under the impression that Chester and Hester were the humans who walked around with Lucky the Dinosaur. Did they turn into Dinosaurs?

Also, thanks for the Star Wars characters help.

Final, I have one more charcter to add to the list: Humphrey the Bear from Donald Duck cartoons and possibly the Park Ranger that was usually with him.

ONCE AGAIN ANY HELP PLEASE!

disneydude1
03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I was reading some other discussions boards on other sites about rare characters and there is mention of a few characters that I need to add to the list or unknown existence.

- Ludwig Von Drake
- Scat Cat and the rest of the Alley Cats

Once again any help is appreciated!

Meeko_33785
03-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't have a pic of Gurgi. I don't remember where I saw it. I know he was at the cerimonies when Michael Eisner announced EuroDisneyland. I've seen him on a video clip of the announcement too on a special about the park (it might have been on MSNBC or CNN). It could be on YouTube.

I've never heard of a Oliver and Co. show at MGM. I know I saw them in a mini-parade at MK back in 1988 when the movie first came out, but I don't remember seeing Jenny. There was a character for Penny from Rescuers though, so it's possible there was a Jenny too.

Webby and Pete were not in the Disney Afternoon show at MK. I saw it a number of times while it was there, Goofy and Max were the only Goof Troop characters and Scrooge and Launchpad were the only Duck Tales characters in it.

The dinos have actually started signing autographs with the names T-Rex and Roxie. I guess those are their names.

Ludwig Von Drake does exhist. He was in the World According to Goofy Parade at Disneyland in 1992 and has made a few very very rare meet-and-greet appearences too. Scat Cat and his Band made appearences in the 1970s too.

disneydude1
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Ok, I saw the video of Ludwig, but no luck with Gurgi. I found a picture of the Oliver & company parade float. It has Jenny, Oliver, Dodge, Georgette, Tito, and Francis on it. Where therte any other Oliver & Company characters? Also, could I see some pics of Penny and the Alley Cats with Scat Cat please if they exist out there...

Meeko_33785
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I sent you a Private Message with some pictures of Scat Cat. I'll see what I can do about Penny. I think I remember where I saw it. Also, where did you see a pic of the Oliver and Company float? I haven't seen it in almost 20 years and would love to see it again. Ahhh... nostalgia! :cloud9: