PDA

View Full Version : Best Bus Service - Moderate Resort

CraniumCommando
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Which moderate resort (Port Orleans FQ, Port Orleans RS, Coronado Springs, Carribean Beach) has the best bus service?

I like POFQ because it's small and the walk is usually shorter. Plus it's the first stop on the PO route.

Strmchsr
03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
POFQ is nice being the first stop, but the fact that it has to share with POR makes it a hassle for me. It takes a LONG time to hit all of those POR stops. So, coming back it's not so bad other than the fact that the buses are packed and I never get to sit down (I'm a young, male so I pretty much give up my seat to everyone). I think CS and CBR their own buses, so that would probably be better.

Pirate Granny
03-15-2007, 08:56 PM
There are seven bus stops at CBR and five bus stops at CS...so, in the end FQ most likely is the same...for my $$$ Pop Century is the BEST...only one stop and doesn't share with any other hotels...big bonus...although once we got caught and it took EIGHT bus' to get home from the MK after the MNSSHP...was the only resort that the buses couldn't keep up.

Have a WONDERFUL TIME...I'm going to check out the buses at Saratoga Springs for the first time in April...I already know that ALL STAR SPORTS is the first stop both coming and going so that'll be OK....:cloud9:

CraniumCommando
03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Pirate Granny
We just got back from Saratoga Springs a few weeks ago. There are 4 stops, and there was no real pattern on which order we stopped at them.

If you can, walk to Downtown Disney, that'll save a few waits at the bus stop.

I'll have to check out Pop Century. I assumed it was a value resort like All-Stars, but maybe it's worth it.

Strmchsr
I hear you about standing up a lot, I'm the same way. That's a good reason to stay at POFQ over POR since you get off first. :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
03-15-2007, 10:53 PM
During my recent week at POFQ, I only ONCE in the whole week was on a bus that went to all 4 of the POR stops before heading to our destination.

MOST of the time, we didn't go into POR at all, which surprised me. And it was DEFINITELY not like we had full buses with standing room only or anything like that. I remember a coupla times we went into POR but stopped only at the main depot before moving out.

As far as the ride back to the resorts from MK, after 3:00 p.m. they each have their own waiting area and separate buses.

And just some useless trivia ....
Even though POFQ always the first stop in both directions, this doesn't hold true for the buses going to and from Downtown Disney. The DTD buses start at POR and only after all 4 POR stops do they stop at POFQ before going to DTD. The same on the way back from DTD -- they stop at POR first and the POFQ stop is dead last.

And for those of you keeping score at home, the boat originates at POR, then stops at POFQ, then stops at DTD, and on the way back it stops at POFQ first before moving on to POR.

tron80
03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Coronado Springs,hands down. Port Orleans buses always has a huge line and they stop at two resorts . Again,that's just my opinion. Both resorts are pretty to look at though.

pogo
03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
You know..... the nice thing about Disney transprotation is that the drivers use a radio to call for more busses if they get full before they make all the assigned stops.:mickey:

I haven't seen much difference in time or hassle at any of the Mods. :D

moe513
03-16-2007, 07:39 AM
I think if you are going to wdw in a slow time the buses wont be an issue but if you go during peak than it might be important to take that into consideration when you decide were to stay.

disneymom2000
03-16-2007, 02:30 PM
My last trip I stayed at POR and that was the worst bus service I have ever had. One morning we waited for an hour for a bus to Magic Kingdom and we had three to the Animal Kingdom come through while we were waiting. Also, the line at night leaving the parks to get to the POR bus was so long we would have had to wait for about 3 before we got on, so we caught a taxi instead.:(

Brenle
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Recently stayed at CBeach. We made plenty of stops, with Old Port Royale being the best place to get on/off. Also, we learned a great deal from a WDW bus driver. She told us NEVER to go to DTD to get a bus to another resort because the wait there is too long. (She was right, by the way) She told is to go to the closet theme park to our site, then transfer there to whichever resort we wanted to go to.

That did save a bunch of time. We had friends at the Boardwalk and had dinner reservations at GF and Poly, and getting there took us less than a half hour. (We waited at DTD for a half hour just to catch a bus to Boardwalk)

One day, Disney will have buses that not only take you from your resort to theme park, but also resort to resort. (I hope):mickey:

PecosBill
04-01-2007, 06:09 PM
My family has stayed at all of the moderates and transportation is VERY important to us.

I believe that Coronado Springs has the best busing, period. Yes, it has four stops within the resort but they go fast. Maybe it is because the resort is not as busy? There have been times that my family have been the only guests on the bus. We go every year in mid-August.

I think the worst was at POFQ/Riverside. They share buses and they get very crowded. Although the theming and grounds of the resort is one of our favorites, we will not stay there again because of the transportation.

The Caribbean Beach Resort's transportation was fine, just not as good as Coronado's.

We have stayed at many of Disney's resorts and when it comes to busing, we think that Coronado's is best of them all.

This is just our opinion.

c&d
04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Coronado Springs was the best bus service we've had. The buses were never all that crowded and we never had any really long waits.

When we were down the August, the fact that it had the 1st bus stop at the MK was great. Short walk from the bus stop to the main gate, but more important when we were leaving the park the short walk to the bus stop.