PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Roller Coaster Is it that Bad??

Disney Maniac
03-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Everyone!! I'm going to WDW in May and I was just wanted to know if RnR is really scary!!
I trying to work up the courage to go on it but I don't know if I can!! Please help me work the courage to go on it, I'm really undecided! Thanks for any help!!:mickey:

BronxTigger
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, do you like "regular" roller coasters? RnRC is very similar to a typical steel coaster in terms of track. What is different is that it is very dark (if you are in the front seat you can see a little in front of you, but not much) and that it has the shotgun start instead of a lift hill.

LoriMistress
03-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I've been on many roller coasters (I'm a thrill seeker), and this ride is great. It's not scary and the tracks are extremely smooth so you don't feel like the ride will break any minute. And on top if it, they blast Aerosmith throughout the ride...how cool is that?!

Jasper
03-14-2007, 06:59 PM
It really is a great ride, but it is not the scariest thing you can ride. Part of what makes it such a neat ride is the take off and the fact that it is run in the dark similar to Space Mountain.

KAJUNKING
03-14-2007, 07:04 PM
it is truly a great ride, a cant miss on my list :thumbsup:

TinyTink
03-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm usually a scaredy cat when it comes to rides, but I've been on RnRC and it wasn't scary. The launch is fast, but thats the worst part. Its dark, smooth, and short, so perfect if you want a thrill but nothing too far out there. Honestly, the best thing to do is just try it and not think about it too much. I had avoided it for a while and then one day I just stood in line and did it with out thinking about it! Good luck!!:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
RnR is a GREAT thrill ride. With that, I would say that it is EXTREMELY thrilling, but not scary. It has an amazing takeoff and is very smooth. I would actually say that it is the best attraction in all of the WDW parks by far!! It is the closest thing that you are going to get to an attraction that competes against any of the roller coasters at Islands of Adventure.

May524
03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I LOVE this ride!
I'm usually quite a baby on rides...I won't go on half the things at other theme parks...but I adore this ride. I guess I can't "take it" b/c it's in the dark...can't be so afraid of what you can't see right? :blush:

dumbo ears
03-14-2007, 09:20 PM
it is a very fun rollercoaster. To me I didnt really remember the flips and the ar the start when you are slung like a sling shot, it is awesome.

thejens
03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm also scared of big drops and major roller coasters and am also trying to get up my nerve for RR and EE. I've done all the others but the loops scare me. I don't mind fast but how scary are the loops? Are there any big hills, drops?

Dopey's Girl
03-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I love RnRC! It is really fast, and really fun! The first time my aunt rode, she was really scared. When we got off she said "I thought you went upside down!" She was so worried about the quick start that she didn't even notice the rest of the ride! If you can handle space mountain, or other fast coasters, you will be fine with this one too!

Good luck!

TinyTink
03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
There are no drops on this ride and you can't really feel the loops at all, IMO.

What is Idle Prattle For?
03-15-2007, 03:34 AM
In short, it is *spectacular* !

The first 15 seconds or so of this ride is like nothing else you'll ever experience.

Is it scary ? Well, it depends on your tolerance for coasters. Some people 'freak' on BTMRR and SM. If Space Mountain pushes your limits, I really would really think twice about riding RnRC.

Keep on mind it's more than 'Space Mountain with Aerosmith music', you are pulling about 6 g's, I think, during that 'take off' and you'll really feel it.

That being said, I say 'go for it'. Just try, if you can, to keep your eyes open during the ride...Trust me, you'll never forget it.

"Goooo'win dooooown" :D

alpro2
03-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Sounds like you want to try it. If that is the case, you definitely should. It is my fav! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by thejens
I'm also scared of big drops and major roller coasters and am also trying to get up my nerve for RR and EE. I've done all the others but the loops scare me. I don't mind fast but how scary are the loops? Are there any big hills, drops?

Actually the loop follows the take off. The loop is a "relief" because it slows you down and it is over before you even know it. Then there are corkscrews which are alot of fun since the ride is so smooth. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-15-2007, 06:46 AM
I can't answer the poll because there is no suitable choice. By no means is it the best thrill ride at WDW. But it's not scary, either. It's a great ride, a lot of fun, and you're totally safe. The ride itself is actually very smooth. Those first few seconds are the most exhilirating (potentially scary) and then it's all wild, good fun. If you like thrills, don't miss it.

DDuck66
03-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I rode the RNR for the first time last October. I loved it..but the shotgun start tends to whip you back into the seats and I almost lost my glasses. If you have eyeglasses, I would suggest that you remove them before the ride. Besides that it was great. I do like EE better though.

mmouse566
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Love RnR but my biggest complaint is that it feels like one of the shortest rides in WDW.

Jerry2
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
It seems like I'm in the minority but I hate the shotgun start. As others have said, because of the speed and the dark, you hardly realize that you're doing a flip or corkscrew.

I'll try everything once and have ridden RnR several times, but in my old age I can do without the "excitement" of thrill rides :sick: . Now I sit with the shopping bags while DW and DS ride RnR and ToT.

pogo
03-15-2007, 10:41 AM
I can't answer the poll because there is no suitable choice. By no means is it the best thrill ride at WDW. But it's not scary, either. It's a great ride, a lot of fun, and you're totally safe. The ride itself is actually very smooth. Those first few seconds are the most exhilirating (potentially scary) and then it's all wild, good fun. If you like thrills, don't miss it.
I have to agree with Sherri. I rode it for the first time last trip and it was no big deal for me and I'm :old:

It was lots of fun !:D

threeh
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think it is scary as much as I HATE the take off. My body doesn't like going from 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds. Once the take off is over it's fun, but I won't go on because I don't like that part.

Not scary, just a strange feeling!!!

castlelady36
03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
The take off is probably the "scariest" but mostly a smooth ride with some great music as well!!!

Speedy1998
03-15-2007, 12:57 PM
One of my Favorite rides but not at all scary.

Although the only ride I have found anywhere lately that actually scares me is TOT. I will not ride it if the line is too long, I start thinking about the 13 story drop and chicken out.

disneydawniebeth
03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
I AM A BIG CHICKEN WHEN IT COMES TO ROLLER COASTERS AND I RODE RNRRC!

IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN! Just try to not psych yourself out when you are in line. They show the take off when you are waiting to be loaded and it can scare the pants off of you if you are a chicken like me. But really- watching the take off is much scarier than actually doing it. It is over so fast- and like others have said- it is pretty smooth sailing from there. Good luck I hope you do it!

indytraveler
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
What is different is that it is very dark (if you are in the front seat you can see a little in front of you, but not much) and that it has the shotgun start instead of a lift hill.

Shotgun start is pretty awesome.:thumbsup: If you do like regular roller coasters then the ride is very smooth not herky jerky like BTMRR or SM. Very Cool.

Donald A
03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't call it scary. It is not like a monster coaster. The takeoff is unique, and actually the best part!

MOJoe
03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
For my 12 year old the Scary Part of RnR was the loading area. When he first saw it, and saw how fast the ride begins he wanted out. I had to insist that he ride. I am sure those around us found our discussion amusing, because I nearly had to drag him on the ride. But as soon as it was over we got in line to go again! RnR is probably the most fun ride in WDW. Most Thrilling? EE Scariest? ToT

The Bookseller
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
The RnRC is a solid ride with a good theme. She goes fast, especialy at the start and loopings in the blacklight are just great.

For me, it dosen't beat E:E as my favorite coaster or ToT as the scariest ride but it's very close to the top.

Disney Maniac
03-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!! I think I'll go RnRC!! Thanks again, I finally worked up the courage to go on it!!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes. Its really that bad. I read so much about how smooth it was, and it sure didn't feel that way to me. The only time it felt smooth to me was when we looped upside down, other then that my head was jerking all over the place. I didn't like the feeling at all.

Jared
03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I did not vote in the poll because Rock "n" Roller Coaster is not the best thrill ride, nor is it too scary. Though this attraction does have inversions, Expedition Everest is significantly more intense.

Rock "n" Roller Coaster is very smooth, and there are no large drops. Definitely give the ride a try!

pook@wdw
03-16-2007, 06:27 PM
0 to 60 in 2.6 seconds, inversion upon take-off, great scenery (if you keep your eyes open), and a very smooth ride. All this accompanied by, quite possibly, the greatest music EVER! What's not to love?:cloud9: The only scary thing is not being able to ride again and again and again...!:number1: :thumbsup:

pink
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't think the ride is that scary, it's actually really fun. There is a loop in it but thats the most intense part. I think that waiting in line and hearing the coaster take off with the sound effects is probally the scariest part of the whole ride but you definitley can't miss it!

:mickey:

rafiki fan
03-17-2007, 04:56 PM
We come from not far from the roller coaster capitol of the world (Cedar Point) and therefore have ridden some of the best. I love this ride not because of the thrills so much as the great themeing. It's kind of a Splash Mountain thing for me. I don't like the fact that I get wet on Splash but I love the show. RnR is especially great if you love the music of Aerosmith.

Enjoy the ride:thumbsup:

Mikey Piano 23
03-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Great ride. I do it about 8 or 10 times a trip. Lots of fun!

mttafire
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
RnR is NOT scary..Its a fantastic thrill ride!! Once you try it, you WILL love it!:mickey:

DisneyFreak102
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
i havent rode it but i have heard that it is REALLY fun!!!!!!!!! I hope you will enjoy it as

DisneyFreak102
03-17-2007, 06:53 PM
i havent rode it but i have heard that it is REALLY fun!!!!!!!!! I hope you will enjoy it as my friend did she said that it is AWESOME :eyes:

Seasonscraps
03-18-2007, 08:39 AM
I AM A BIG CHICKEN WHEN IT COMES TO ROLLER COASTERS AND I RODE RNRRC!

IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN! Just try to not psych yourself out when you are in line. They show the take off when you are waiting to be loaded and it can scare the pants off of you if you are a chicken like me. But really- watching the take off is much scarier than actually doing it. It is over so fast- and like others have said- it is pretty smooth sailing from there. Good luck I hope you do it!

:ditto: It took me 3-4 years to work up the courage to go on RNRRC. I kept my eyes closed the first time I went on it. It starts out so fast you barely realize you are going upside down until you are right side up again.

Good luck!

ncbyrne
03-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't think it is scary as much as I HATE the take off. My body doesn't like going from 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds. Once the take off is over it's fun, but I won't go on because I don't like that part.

Not scary, just a strange feeling!!!

Oddly enough, the more I ride RNRC the more scared I get of the launch! It's not so much the speed (and it is FAST!!!), it's the strobe lights that freak me out. I find that if I keep my eyes closed at the last second countdown, it's a smooth ride.

Lorraine444
04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Sounds like me.... Don't do COASTERS!!!! Except ....
When I went to Disney for the 1st time in "03" @ age 35 Something magical happened:magic:
I felt SAFE!!!!!
I have done every coaster in Disney... & even The BIG green HULK in universal (don't think I would do that one again though....:jaw: :nono:
Don't be scared, DO IT, you will be sooo proud of yourself & will love them!!!!!
Go get um!

SallyfromDE
04-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I am a ride wuss and will usually just get out of line when everyone else jumps on. But I let myself be talked into this one and I loved it!! The first time I had my eyes closed the whole time. but we got back on and I had a ball.

lovetheprincesses
04-28-2007, 08:19 PM
See, I think the opposite of some of you; I absolutely LOVE Aerosmith, and the first time I rode RnR, I loved it. However the last couple of years, I can't take the takeoff any longer. It makes me feel ill!:sick: :ill: HOWEVER, I LOVE EE. I don't feel that EE is more intense than RnR and ride it (EE) each time we visit several times. I guess it's a matter of what wigs you out...fast takeoffs, dark for me I guess, more so than speed and going backwards.:)

biodtl
04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm a coaster fanatic - the faster and steeper, the better But RnR isn't my favorite, because it's too rough and jerky. I didn't find it scary at all, but I had a headache from my head banging against the headrests.

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 02:45 AM
My son rode it when he was 5 years old and loved it!

I have mellowed as I've ... eh ... "matured" as far as rides go and I love Rock 'n Rollercoaster. I think you go so fast at the start (someone mentioned it's like getting sent out of a slingshot -- excellent description) that you don't realize how wild the ride is until you're almost through. I laughed like a little girl the entire ride it was so much fun.

:coaster:

Kate In Wonderland
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM
I LOVE RnR! I'm a big fan of Aerosmith anyway, but even if I wasn't I'd still love it!

jszczur5
04-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Rock and Roller Coaster is not scary. The take-off is amazing, and the rest of the ride is very smooth. The ride is very short, so even if you hate it, it's only a minute and a half or so. It's sort of like Space Mountain, but smoother and louder and includes some inversions. I can only ride it 3 or 4 times in a row before the headache sets in though.
My husband and I are almost 40 and we love it. My mother, almost 60, hated it last last summer. She said it was the worst ride she'd ever been on. Not sure how much you can read into that though, ' cause she felt sick on Soarin' and had to close her eyes.
Try it once at least, so you can say you did. You may even find out that you loved it!!

Mickey91
05-02-2007, 09:41 AM
I hate rollercoasters!!! I don't even care for BTM all that much. But I will go on RRC and actually enjoy it. I will say that the take off isn't my favorite part. Make sure to keep your eyes wide open as there are really cool neon signs! Add that to the soundtrack and it is a really cool ride. Let me just say again that I really hate rollercoasters and still ride this one!! Go for it!!

DizNee143
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
i am not a roller coaster fan..dont really care for them..and i really dont like anything that goes upside down...it just scares me..plus i have a sensitive stomach..and i dont see the point to to go on the those kinds of rides so i can feel yucky for the rest of the day...but about 5 or so years ago my sister got me on the ride...and i was very surprised that i enjoyed it...its the only "real" roller coaster ill go on...i went on it again last january..and it was still kinda fun..i felt a bit dizzy and my stomach was upset for alittle while after..but ya...its not to bad...goodluck if you decide to go on it!! :mickey: