View Full Version : *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 1

Christine
03-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Tuesday March 13

Me, 35
DH, 37
DD, 7
DFIL
DFIL's fiance (They are staying in their RV just outside WDW. They are not sure how many days they will be doing WDW with us yet!)

We spent Monday night in Dallas to catch our early flights out of DFW today. We were up at 4 and the airport shuttle picked us up at 5. My flight (DD and DH were on a separate flight...I used my American Airlines miles and couldn't get on the same flight!) was at 6:40am. An hour and 30 minutes later, we actually took off due to mechanical problems! So I ended up landing a mere 20 minutes before them at 11:30!

I have been really nervous about this trip. We are spoiled to "off peak" visits, and this is our first spring break trip. When I saw the huge groups headed for DME at the airport, I was REALLY scared. Turns out it was 500 high school seniors on a senior trip, but they were getting picked up by the cruise bus and headed to sea!

When I got in the line to the All Stars it was about noon and the line was HUGE, but I was in the front of it! :) After stopping at Sports and Music, I was in Movies check in line (beat that crowd too!) by 1:00. My room was ready in 20 minutes. Herbie Love Bug bldg 6. We headed up and unpacked. We met up with DFIL and his fiance at 2:00 in the food court, where I had to have a small bite to eat (my plain biscuite at 5am from DFW was long gone!). So I got a PB&J crustable and we headed to MK! (DH & DD ate at MCO...they just couldn't wait!)

We were the only ones on the bus, which arrived in seconds of us getting to the stop. Why? Because everyone and their brother was already at MK! We walked in just as the 3:00 parade was starting, so we stopped outside the train tunnel and watched.

Then off to POTC! 40 min. wait. LOVE this as always. When we came out, Capt. Jack was doing his tutorial. I wanted to watch, but the lines around were already about 7 people deep! I wonder if it may become necessary to put this on an elevated stage due to it's popularity???

Next, we were off to HM! 40 min wait, went a little longer. As tradition seems to mandate, we broke down just as we "fall out the window" before the cemetery scene??? Oh well, it kept us on the ride longer!

Then on to dinner as it was 6:00 (yes, we got to MK at 3, and by six had seen the parade and only ridden two rides!) DD and DH were getting a little antsy, but I reminded them that we knew going into this that it was spring break and we should just resolve that there would be crowds. Anyway, we head to Columbia Harbour House. I love the tuna here, but I am really leary of eating anything but bland food, as I have been having gallbladder problems lately. So I opted for the grilled chicken kids meal (grilled chicken chunks, cheese cubes, and grapes). No problems, no pains!! Everyone else loved their sandwiches and chowder!

After dinner, we headed to IASM. After enduring, I mean enjoying that :D we were off to Philharmagic. I had so much fun watching DFIL and his fiance watch this! They were blown away by the great effects!

Next, a quick spin on the carousel, Snow White, then while the others went off to use FP's for Splash that we had gotten earlier, I decided to ride the train and try to catch up with Main St. Jim b/c he had told me he was working today, but alas, I missed him. :(

Met up with the family for Wishes and Spectromagic, made the obligatory stop at the Main St. Confectionary (DH got fudge, DD got a Rice Krispie Mickey Head, but I declined. On top of the fear of digestive issues this trip, I knocked my crown on my tooth loose right before we left home! So needless to say, no caramel apple for me! We stumbled out of the park at 11:00. Now it is 1:00am and I am about to drop. DH will post some pictures, and I will report more tomorrow after our day at Epcot!

*Highlight of the day- besides arrival of course, it would have to be during Spectromagic. Mary Poppins was walking by, and DD yelled to her. She came over and took DD's hand. My DD just had to tell her that her cell phone ring tone is "Spoonful of Sugar"! Mary was VERY impressed! :)

*Funniest moment of the day- When at the airport baggage claim, a family was looking for DME. They asked for directions, but they didn't seem to understand. I told them they could follow me if they want. They declined (the man said, "I am not going to listen to some stranger who doesn't know anymore than I do!" and I watched them get on the escalator to Chili's by security instead of enter Terminal B! Hey, I tried!!

*Purchases of the day- I may have to mark this on the calendar, but we were too tired to shop today!!! We got nothing!! I am sure I will rectify this situation SOON!!

*Plan for tomorrow- Epcot!

PICTURES: Click here (http://community.webshots.com/album/558158297vZYMVY)

alpro2
03-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks for posting Christine. Enjoyed your report and the pictures. :thumbsup:

BelleCiavo
03-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Ooh, a live trip report! I know what you mean about fearing crowds, we usually go in September, and the last two times have been right after hurricanes and the parks have been empty. I'm so glad to be able to read your report as we prepare to stay over Memorial Day Weekend.

That silly man in the airport; I hope his attitude adjusted when he arrived on property or it might be a rough week for him:laughing:

Karen

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Good to see things have started out right. Next time get somebody to take your picture too. Don't worry about the party at your house, Alex and I are making sure everything is nice and secure. :D

Waiting for the Epcot report. (Hope you didn't get up too early.)

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks Christine! Your first day sounds and looks like it was a lot of fun! Remember to kidnap, er, um, I mean borrow Stitch for me! :D Can't wait to read more!

offwego
03-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Your DD is so cute!!!

Great pics and a wonderful report. We stayed in herbie too when we stayed at ASM and loved it. Let me know if you see any bunnies and amardillo's there. My DS loved that resort.

Can't wait to hear about Epcot.

The parade pics were fantastic. We didn't watch it last trip clearly we need to make some time for this!!:thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks for sharing your day with us Christine!:thumbsup: Your trip report makes me want our trip to get here sooner, only 37 daays for us!:cloud9:

Even with the crowds, you still get a good day in! Got to love that Disney MAGIC!:mickey:

ElenitaB
03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Christine, glad you all made it safe and sound to WDW and had such a fun first day. But what a LONG first day... you woke up at 4:00 am (5:00 Eastern), spent a day at MK and were still posting at 1-something this morning. I want some of that pixie dust! LOL

Thanks for sharing with us! We'll be thinking of you today as you tour Epcot!

faline
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
That first day in the Magic Kingdom is always wonderful - regardless of the crowds!

Hopefully, your gall bladder and tooth will cooperate for the rest of your trip!

murphy1
03-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the report! Glad you could get on a couple things! Your daughter is cute as ever. We always get stuck on that same part of HM ever since I was a kid!

LeeKien22
03-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey, Glad you made it, loved reading the report. Sounds like the fun has begun. Tell DH to just go with the flow of the crowd. "Remember your in Disney, not East TX.":mickey: Gonna get Mickey today. HAVE FUN!!!

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 10:56 AM
TErrific Christine! Thanks for sharing (The parade looked remarkably uncrowded!??). I look forward to the rest of your holiday. :D

mickeysworld
03-14-2007, 11:45 AM
(The parade looked remarkably uncrowded!??).

I was thinking the same thing!

Thanks so much for sharing, can't wait to hear about Epcot!

tron80
03-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Glad you had a great time despite the spring break crowds. I'm hooked now,thanks for the report!

Bethis26fan
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
sounds like a good start to your trip.

Nascfan
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
What a long, but great, first day Christine! Love the pics, your daughter is so adorable!

Caroleh
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
TErrific Christine! Thanks for sharing (The parade looked remarkably uncrowded!??). I look forward to the rest of your holiday. :D

I was thinking the same thing!

Thanks so much for sharing, can't wait to hear about Epcot!

:ditto: Thanks for sharing!!! Makes me wish Dec. was much closer!!!

Carol
03-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I've only seen the pirate tutorial at Disneyland - but it sounds the same. They really do need to delegate a better viewing option. It's hard to see(enjoy) if you're not right up front.

we were off to Philharmagic. I had so much fun watching DFIL and his fiance watch this! They were blown away by the great effects! My favorite. I love watching the audience. You can always tell the first timers. :smickey:

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Don't let those crowds get ya down. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
03-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Plane problems & crowds notwithstanding, it sounds like a great first day. Hopefully the crowds will not prevent you from enjoying your stay. I would also agree with the Pirate Tutorial - we never saw it because we couldn't "see" it (if that makes sense).
*Purchases of the day- I may have to mark this on the calendar, but we were too tired to shop today!!! We got nothing!! I am sure I will rectify this situation SOON!!
WOW! I'm sure you'll make up for it sooner than later. Great pics! :mickey: Looking forward to Day 2!

DizNee143
03-15-2007, 02:57 PM
yay!! live trip reports..sounds like a pretty good travel day...cant wait to hear about the rest of the trip!! hope your having a good time!! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Great pics - thanks! :thumbsup:

I also love the attitude - crowds have to be dealt with, so you do your best! We always go at crowded times as well and you have to accept it for what it is!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Christine
03-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey, Glad you made it, loved reading the report. Sounds like the fun has begun. Tell DH to just go with the flow of the crowd. "Remember your in Disney, not East TX.":mickey: Gonna get Mickey today. HAVE FUN!!!

Hey Leeann! Thanks for taking care Mickey for me! Give him a big kiss from us!! (By the way, all, Mickey is my poodle that my friend Leeann at home is babysitting!)

pogo
03-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Great day one, Christine. :thumbsup:

On to read more. :D

TikiGoddess
03-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Sounds like you're having a great trip! Thanks for posting the photos of the parade (and your adorable kiddo!) -- we are going to try and see the parade for the first time this summer, and my DD4 is excited to see all the characters. This will give her a little preview!

TikiG

Here we go again...
03-17-2007, 07:02 PM
It sounds like you are doing fine in spite of the crowds. I am with the otheres though... how did you find a place for your DD with NO ONE around?
Off to read day 2!

Bethanymouse
03-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a perfect first day! I loved the pictures! Glad to see you had fun! Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

princessgirls
03-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the great trip report!

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day!

Julie:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I loved the Live report and the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: