PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper airport to fly into Disneyland

spectroaddy
03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Sorry to keep bothering you guys, but does anyone know from experience, which airport (LAX,SNA etc) is cheaper to fly into??? I know SNA is closer to Disneyland, but does have a cheaper rate (rountrip)??? We are just paying for flight and car together, and park tickets separately, using DVC points for Disneyland hotels!!! Comes out cheaper than package!!! Any suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, who did you book from (AAA, expedia, cheap or walt disney travel company), found AAA has the cheaper rate, 318.00 roundtrip!!!

2Epcot
03-14-2007, 12:17 AM
From my expierence, SNA (Orange County John Wayne Airport) is more expensive then LAX. You are closer to Disneyland, but it always seemed when I booked tickets in the past it cost more. SNA is about 15 miles from Disneyland, LAX is 35 miles. The drive isn't too bad, but of couse it depends a lot on the time of day. Even before I lived in CA I never booked with Disney or AAA to come to Disneyland, though I did with WDW. I usually booked flights directly with the airline.

NotaGeek
03-14-2007, 12:30 AM
LAX is typically cheaper than the smaller airports in SoCal. SNA is usually more expensive but if you find a good deal, go for it.

I have booked through everyone except AAA as I am not a member. As I am a travel agent, I always look for all the possibilities to get the best rate ... and as I mentioned in your other post about this vacation, you might do good to find a knowledgeable travel agent to help plan your trip as they will be able to check out all your options, and some that aren't available to the regular public.

JustCallMeSquishy
03-14-2007, 08:24 PM
ONT (Ontario Airport) is about 30 miles too, you can try that one...but I do agree that your best bet will be LAX

Invincigirl
03-18-2007, 11:23 PM
I've found I can sometimes fly into Vegas and rent a car cheaper then I can fly into Cali. One year I couldn't find airfare cheaper then $700 (two people) We flew into Vegas and rented a car for $350. AIrfare and rental cars always seem to be much cheaper in Vegas. The drive is about 4 hours, but I like to add a day on either end of the trip to hang out in vegas.

frozman
03-23-2007, 06:03 PM
From my experience, LAX and Long Beach have the best deals. Long Beach is Jetblues west coast hub, so if you have an airport nearby that's served by Jetblue, look into that. As for LAX, I believe it is usually the cheapest out of the 4 closest airports (Ontario, LAX, Long Beach and John Wayne/Orange County). However, I have heard some people say stuff like "we're a family of 4 and the flights to LAX are $50 cheaper per person r/t than John Wayne, but it's just not worth the headaches LAX causes for the $200." Myself, I flew into LAX and had no trouble, however:
-We took a shuttle to/from Disneyland
-We arrived and departed on a weekend when there is no rush hour.
Furthermore, for me it was over $300 more per person round trip if I wanted to go to John Wayne as I had two free round trip tickets to any airport Air Tran flies, and they don't go to LB, ONT, or JWA/SNA, so maybe the fact that I was saving $600 made me feel a little better. This is another thing to keep in mind, if you have an airline of choice, it probably doesn't go to John Wayne/Orange County.
I actually found it to be less stressful than my local airport. Of course, living near Washington, DC, I'm used to airports that cause headaches.

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 06:39 PM
We have actually found ONT (Ontario) to be the least expensive of the airports in the DL area. Of course, it is really going to depend on where you are flying from and if there are direct flights and how much driving you want to do once you get in to town. LAX is also pretty cheap and they do have an airport shuttle that takes you right to the Disneyland Hotel.

spectroaddy
03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks, everyone we are still in the process of planning, does anyone know if we take the disneyland shuttle from the airport, is their a rental car center near disneyland???

Thanks again for all of your help!!!:mickey:

NotaGeek
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Alamo has a car rental location in Downtown Disney. :car:

Dakota Rose
03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
When we lived in CA, it was cheaper to fly into SNA for us with the exception of ONT. But, it wasnt' worth the savings for us to fly into ONT because you have to factor in TRAFFIC! However, if we were to fly there now, I'd definitely check ONT and Long Beach. And, honestly, if you're willing to drive, check San Diego too. It's a longer drive than the other 2, but it's pretty.