PDA

View Full Version : Nervous About Beach Club! Help!!

Daisyroo
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I've been reading a lot lately about how the Beach Club has really gone down hill. I am starting to get very nervous about staying there this June. Has anyone been there lately and if so, how was it? I loved the location but I'm seriously thinking about changing our plans. It's our first trip to Disney and I don't want to be dissapointed in our resort. I have three children (the youngest is 1), so I know either my husband or I will be spending a lot of time at the resort with the baby. Any suggestions??

Seasonscraps
03-14-2007, 12:57 AM
DH & I stayed in the villas in December and do not recall that the room was worn or that anything was not up to regular Disney standards.

BethieTink
03-14-2007, 08:27 AM
We stayed at the Villas in December and loved it. The pool alone is :cloud9:

Can't wait to go back in October!!

ChipDale2708
03-14-2007, 09:07 AM
We stayed at the BC last February and everything appeared in great shape. Our room was just as clean and comfy as ever! The staff was wonderful and helpful. Only staying at the YC next month because we alternate between the two. Don't worry - enjoy your trip!

Figment!
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
The problem with subjective complaints like " really gone down hill" are two-fold:

1) One person's "down hill", is another person's "well kept".

2)Complaints are louder than praises. The vast majority of people who have a good experience tend not to share it, while the vast majority of people who had a poor experience do. This generally makes a very rare problem, appear it is commonplace.

If the objective qualities (location, amenities, transportation options etc) of the Beach Club appeal to you, go for it.:thumbsup:

On the whole, the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are of high quality and maintained at top-notch.

As many rooms as there are on property there are bound to be some sort of issue every now and again. Should you encounter any sort of problem with your room, just be sure to get in touch with the hotel's management and they will likely be able to assist you.

Disney Yankee
03-14-2007, 05:31 PM
What do you mean by "down hill"? Because we stayed at the beach club last April and LOVED our stay!:mickey:

mrsHerbie53
03-14-2007, 08:29 PM
A co-worker went a couple weeks ago and said the Beach Club was fabulous!!!! I hope to stay there on our next visit!

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I've been reading a lot lately about how the Beach Club has really gone down hill.
Not sure where you read this...:scratch:

Between DW and I, we've had 3 stays in the past 12 months at the BC (villas to be more specific). In NO WAY are they "going down hill."

We are well travelled - and have spent time at most Disney resorts. The BC is, by no means, heading in a downhill direction! :mickey:

PeterPan
03-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I would love to know where you read that the Beach Club is going "Down Hill." It is one of the finest resorts at WDW. It is immaculate. I mean, your standards would have to be extremely high - I'm talking so high you only stay at the Ritz in New York - to think that the Beach Club is not worthy. It is ONE CLASSY JOINT. It is downright SWANKY as far as I am concerned. You will have a fabulous time - relax.

ThanxForNoticin
03-15-2007, 06:19 AM
BC is far from being 'downhill'. It's one of the superior resorts on the property - well-kept, great service, and great location. There is no need to be nervous and no need to change any reservations. Have a great time.

DizneyRox
03-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Beach Club is not my third favorite resort. AKL, BoardWalk and then Beach Club.

Yes, all three score higher than the GF in my book...

smartinez1
03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
I agree with Figment, I do believe people who have had a bad or not so great experience tend to leave more comments then people who have had a great time, which is a shame. Take for example, Amazon.com. Have you ever wanted to buy something from a store but wasn't sure if it is worth it? Go on Amazon.com and search for the item and you will get customer reviews, BUT, 95% of the comments are bad. Last year I bought a pool from walmart. It was the one that was like 15 feet around and 4 feet high. You spread it out on the ground, blow up the ring, and then fill it with water and it slowly rises. It came with a filter and vacum and everything, BUT, every review on there was bad. Everyone said it had holes, it didn't last, the filter didn't work properly, but you know what? We loved it, and didn't have not 1 problem with ours. There is always a defect or 2 in batch, and some peoples standards I think are just abnormal. Everything I wanted to buy online I looked on there first and everything had a horrible review, but I bought the items anyway and never experienced any problems with anything. With that being said, don't always listen to what people write especially if it is bad. People have a way of exaggerating especially when they are upset. If you are not happy with something, let the front desk know, usually they are very apologetic and helpful. (sorry this was so long)

PrincessJessica
03-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Don't change your plans. The Beach Club is one of the best resorts at WDW. As far as it going 'downhill' is concerned, it is completely subjective to opinion. You'll find that the rooms are immaculate and the service is great. Any problems, all you have to do is pick up the phone and the staff will take care of it.

tikiman
03-15-2007, 10:23 AM
I had a few people that do room testing at the resorts tell me that many of the rooms at the BC were in bad shape and in need of refurbishment. Also last week the AAA started doing resort reviews and they mentioned to the CMs that BC was possibly going to lose a Diamond off its rating.

I still think the BC has a great location and a lot to offer but it sounds like it might be in need of some attention as all resorts do at some point.

mjaclyn
03-15-2007, 10:28 AM
The Beach Club is one of the most popular resorts on WDW property. Every time we've stayed at Beach Club we haven't had any complaints. I personally think the DVC Villas in ANY resort are a little more worn than the regular rooms because they're used so much. Even so, the Beach Club is a BEAUTIFUL resort and I think one of the best choices to stay - especially with a 1yo. Your kids will LOVE the pool and it's in a great location. Our next trip this September is in the Beach Club. We can't wait!!!

mouseketeer mom
03-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Oh my gosh no! Don't change your plans! Disney maintains all of their resorts beautifully. You picked a great one! One of our favorites! (Poly is #1 for us tho!) We spent some time there last month and it was as beautiful as ever. Its peaceful, a great place to spend time with your one year old, the pool is terrific, Cape May cafe is great for Breakfast and dinner, a terrific resort, soooo close to epcot you will love it! You will be very happy!

threeh
03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I stayed also in 2005 and it was a great location. You can't beat being so close to EPCOT. I'm not sure how old your kid/ kids are but the pool is great. My kids would stay again for the pool alone in a red hot minute.
My only suggestion is to request a room close to the elvators. The halls can be a bit big and you can end up with a fair walk to your room.

Enjoy and don't stress. You are going to WDW!!!:thumbsup:

disneymom2000
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
This is my favorite resort to stay at. It is always so bright and relaxing. Please don't stress. You won't be at the hotel all that much since you will probably be in the parks mostly. You will absolutely fall in love with this resort. :mickey:

jefmblrd
03-17-2007, 09:52 AM
We've been DVC members with the Beach Club as our home resort for years, and we have always found it to be excellent. I'm not sure who said the BC was going downhill, but the posts in this thread should serve as a strong counterpoint to that opinion. We'll be there next month, and we can't wait.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions, concerns. etc.

LudwigVonDrake
03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I know someone who has the Beach Club as their "home resort" and they came back in January and LOVED it :mickey:

WEDTOPIA
03-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Not that you need any more support at this point ,but the Beach Club may well be the best kept resort on property.

In my opinion ,when a negative comment is made about any Disney resort I take it with a grain of salt. Standards are high 99 % of the time. There are some people that wouldn't be satisfied with the highest rated resort in the world ,so it's not unusual to find a bad comment from time to time concerning a Disney resort.

And yes , to you 1%ers , you are entitled to your opinion :thumbsup:

:mickey:

bkfree
03-18-2007, 11:14 PM
GO Go and have a wonderful time, your kids will love the pool and the location. We just returned in Jan. from a week at the YC and we checked out the Beach Club. To us, a BAD room at any Epcot resort is much better than a great room at any other Disney property.
Have Fun:mickey:

DisneyEpcotDad
03-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I've stayed at the Beach Club several times. With my two sons and by myself. It has always been an enjoyable experience. Especially if you are a fan of Epcot and MGM Studios. The pool area, Beaches & Cream, and the variety of things to do around the Epcot Resort area, plus again you can walk to Epcot! :mickey:

FireMickey
03-19-2007, 10:56 PM
We have tried various resorts at WDW and the BC has been our favorite! Location, location, location, plus a great pool. Our kids still talk about how much they love the BC pool. Don't change your plans, go and have fun. I'm sure you will love it.:mickey: