PDA

View Full Version : Podcast discussion?

TikiGoddess
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi,

Would it be permitted to start a thread on Disney podcasts?

I just discovered the world of podcasts and would love to see what everyone else is listening to.

TikiG

jodijo
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't know the answer to that but you can see my Disney podcast on my home page. I would love to see what other people have created also.

threeh
03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I LOVE disney podcasts!!! I don't think you can post specifics per the user agreement but PM me and we can chat!!!:thumbsup:
If they give the ok then I'll be in on the podcast discussion.

threeh
03-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't know the answer to that but you can see my Disney podcast on my home page. I would love to see what other people have created also.

Where is your podcast??? I saw the pictures of Disney and your kids (very cute, by the way :thumbsup: ) and I saw the links to other web sites, but where is the podcast?? I'd love to give it a listen.

Thanks!!!

DizneyFreak2002
03-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Inside the Magic is one of the best Disney podcasts out there.... Also, WDW Today, Mouseguest, The WDW Radio Show, Magical Definition, Windows to the Magic, and Beyond Main Street are my other favorites....

threeh
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Windows to the magic is one of my favorites!!! I love the stuff Patrick Hurd does, he is amazing. And I also love the Where in the park bits. ANother worthwhile listen is Meandering Mouse podcast for some good WDW audio clips to get thru the months between visits.:mickey:

jefmblrd
03-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm a huge fan of Disney podcasts; I'm listening to one as I write this. I'm not sure it's cool to mention them here, but I'd love to get into a discussion of them as well.

TikiGoddess
03-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Mods? Can we start a discussion as long as we don't post web addresses?

TikiG

Jeff
03-17-2007, 08:53 PM
As long as you remember Intercot terms of service you certainly can discuss podcasts.

Just remember, no blatant self promotion or posting of outside links to websites.

TikiGoddess
03-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Yay!

Okay, so what's everyone listening to? I've just started to listen to WDW podcasts and have found there's so many out there. I have been listening to WDW Today voraciously. Great topics and a sense of humor.

I listened to a couple of Meandering Mouse podcasts and Jeff from Houston is pretty good. His audio from the parks is great.

Speaking of audio from the parks, try the WDW Memories podcast. I listened to ITTBAB (entire show) while driving to work one day. Great way to forget all the snow outside!

The only podcast that I personally don't care for (so far) is Net Cot. It's a well produced show but the host says "awesome" and "cool" far too many times for my taste.

Let me know what other great podcasts are out there!
TikiG

jefmblrd
03-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Inside the Magic is my favorite. It's filled with Disney news, ride audio, music, and features like Disney reviews, tips, and more. it usually runs around an hour plus, and is very entertaining.

WDW Today is another one I like a great deal. It usually runs around 20 minutes or so and features a roundtable of knowledgable Disney enthusiasts usually talking about one topic. I've really gotten some great information, tips, etc from this podcast.

The WDW Radio show is also very good, although the title is a bit misleading. It does have music, but it is more like Inside the Magic in that it provides Disney News, park information, audio, etc. It usually runs around an hour to an hour and a half and is really informative and entertaining.

A Window to the Magic is a great podcast for park sounds usually in binaural audio. I don't always enjoy their features, and the focus is more on Disneyland, but it is still a good podcast to listen to.

There are many more out there-some which I don't care for and others that I just haven't listened to enough to form an educated opinion. I look forward to hearing opinions from others.

After finding the podcasts I like, it's been fun going back and listening to past shows. Inside the Magic just passed their two year anniversary, and I've only been listening to podcasts since October, so I'm making my way through all of the past episodes. It's also fun, in this case, to see how the show has evolved and improved over that time span.

In general, Disney podcasts are a great way to remember the magic when you can't be there-especially when you are the major Disney fan in the family like me.
They are also great places to learn new things about the parks and anything Disney really. I especially love the binaural audio-when you wear your headphones it almost sounds like you are on the ride, attraction, etc. They're just great entertainment and lots of fun.

Mousehead35
03-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I've become a Podcast geek! I spend my morning and afternoon commutes listening to just about all the podcasts listed already.

I have to mention Beyond Main Street too, it's actually a vidcast all about Disney and it's a lot fun to watch! :thumbsup:

jefmblrd
03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I've become a Podcast geek! I spend my morning and afternoon commutes listening to just about all the podcasts listed already.
:thumbsup:

I do the same thing, and it really makes the commute nice and smooth.

threeh
03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Yay!

The only podcast that I personally don't care for (so far) is Net Cot. It's a well produced show but the host says "awesome" and "cool" far too many times for my taste.
Let me know what other great podcasts are out there!
TikiG

That's funny because Net Cot is actually one of my favorites. I just totally get his kind of humor. (i use awesome and cool alot too):thumbsup:
One time I was listening to window to the magic and he had Jeff from houston in the background of a ride (i think it was Alice in DL) doing his "Saul" charcter. It was pretty funny.

Love a good podcast!!!:thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I've been listening to WDW Today religiously for about a year now. I love it because it's filled with inside tips from some of WDW's biggest Disney nerds (love the guys) and they have guest appearences from many people that have Disney related websites. The guys are hilarious and always make me laugh more than once during a single episode. I also like that it's 20 min long on average so it's not "i'm antsy" long but it's not so short that you can't get any information.