PDA

View Full Version : My issues with VMK

darthmacho
03-13-2007, 07:04 PM
What a great idea, only I have these gripes!

1. They disapporoved Darth Macho as a name, and didn't really offer an explanation why. :rant:

2. Graphics are great, but I'm not really sure what to do in most rooms. I played a few games, but had trouble figuring them out. The easiest one, Jungle Cruise, kept booting me offline! :huh:

3. All the girls were hitting on me. I have no idea how old these girls were, and wanted to be friendly, but NOT get arrested. I got more offers to be my girlfriend in one half hour than in my entire life! The whole thing was quite a distraction. I'm so confused! :bubbles:

WDWfanatic742
03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Yup VMK is really strange like this. 1st thing you said is common. If they don't like something, they will discontinue it without telling you why. 2nd thing, it can take awhile to learn the games and be good at them. 3rd, well they put something into effect in fact today saying that they don't want those kinds of rooms anymore. Hopefully, they put a stop to it all together in VMK.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh wow my friend, I am so sorry about the third.. Fan gets the same thing! I've heard it through Zoo's stories but this time I actually saw it with my two little virtual eyes :D

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
It's unfortunate that you can't use Darth Macho ' it's one of my favourites on Intercot:thumbsup:
The games?... Well I am on VMk quite a bit and really don't spend much time playing them. I'll play them for credits from time to time but thats about it. If it's games your looking for there are better games out there.
As far as your third point I agree with you. It can be troubling at best. I often avoid public areas for that very reason. From the very start I've primarily used VMK as a place to talk with friends and have a little fun. If you want to give it a fair trial find one of us Intercot people on there and spend some time with us. I'm sure we could show you a thing or two you would enjoy in VMK.

RaspberryRed
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
1. I would probably guess they didn't like the "darth" part of it. It beats me why, but maybe they didn't think it was appropriate. A lot of time people abuse the privledge to choose a name by making things relevant to non G-rated things, so VMK has to crack the whip on all of us.

2. There is plenty to do in your room! In fact, everyday even more original and creative rooms are built! There's a variety of things you can do, building a game with in-game items that you bought or traded for. Building a quest with the Quest Kiosk to allow players to do some type of mystery and if they solve it in the given time limit they win a prize! I copied this off my science fair registration...who knew that school would actually help!?! Inventions, Investigations, and Displays. Okay, the investigation thing is kinda weird, but the other to fit it well. An Invention...creating something like a Giant iPod, or a Dog, I have seen a lot of those things build with crates and misscellanious(sp?) items. An example would be CL_figgiefigs Recycling Plant, (or something like that) He showed different steps of making the world a better, greener place! In fact, there is no limitation to what you can create! Okay >whistles<....so maybe there is a few, you have to be G-rated.

3. Girls hitting on you is not abnormal in VMK, it's an issue that VMK is working hard to STOP. They have already put it in the rules that anyone caught doing this will be given a warning, or even banned. My suggestion? Just ignore the girls, and NEVER go to any of the rooms that say Boys meet Girls! If you stick with the Inside and Out people, this shouldn't be a problem!

Hope that cleared a few things up!
<3<3<3
Red

Chescat
04-02-2007, 01:47 AM
That's why Fan & JP hired Nachocat and I as their guard cats. We follow them around for protection against those girls. All we ask for is cookies and mickey ice scream and we are set. :cat: :spy: :cat: :spy: