PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding Bells

Melanie
03-13-2007, 05:35 AM
It doesn't start here until next week, but I'm wondering if anyone watched the first episode and what you thought of it?

It looks like a show I might like. :bride: :groom:

Reviews please. :)

ChipnDaleGal
03-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Mel, I liked it a lot! But I am a big David Kelley fan. I like the quirky characters he writes. The first episode was setting up the premise of the business these sisters run, so you are just figuring poeple out a little. But I already have this week's show in my DVR. Looks like each week we get to see one couple's journey to the altar. :thumbsup:

prttynpnk
03-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I liked it too! The reviews I've read have really slammed it, but I found it to be a pretty good send up of the wedding inductry. I think when the show has had more time the characters will really flesh out- the 1st episode tried to cram a lot of set up detail at you so the characters seemed a little over the top, but I loved the idea!

Niecyboo
03-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I am a part-time wedding coordinator, and I'm afraid I found the first 5 minutes so cliched that I turned it off. I know, it's all for comedy, but the bride running away? Maybe it's because I work for a church, but I have never even had a bride or groom show cold feet in 6 years.

I know, it's me not the show, and maybe I'll try watching it again in a few weeks. I think it's hard for people in a lot of professions not to judge any show about it. I'm already sick of hearing "so, are you like Jlo from The Wedding Planner." "How many grooms have you fallen in love with?" haha.

SBETigg
03-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I thought I was going to love it, but I was disappointed. All the funny parts were aired in the commercial and the rest was melodramatic and bland. I found it surprisingly dull.

tink55
03-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I love actress Teri Polo, and I enjoyed the pre-airing commercials, but when I saw the actual show I was disappointed. The script was sleazy and tasteless and insulting to women. Just what I've come to expect from primetime network TV.

Tick-Tock
03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Ditto from the last two comments. I thought I might enjoy it, but I was highly disappointed. I don't think I'll try to tune in again.

Melanie
04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Oh well. Much like another Kelley show (The Brotherhood of Poland, NH) I had gotten into and they canceled quickly.

Kelley's "Wedding" cut short

By Nellie Andreeva
Tue Apr 3, 2:11 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The honeymoon is over for David E. Kelley's midseason Fox series "The Wedding Bells."

Production will be shut down after completion of the seventh episode.

After receiving decent sampling in its premiere behind "American Idol," "Bells" quickly faded when it moved into its regular Friday time slot, most recently drawing 4.5 million viewers.

"While we've been pleased with the show creatively, and David's writing was first-rate, ('Bells') just didn't secure the ratings we'd hoped for," Fox said in a statement.

Four episodes of "Bells" have aired. For now, the network said it intends to air the remaining three segments.

"Bells" starred Teri Polo, KaDee Strickland and Sarah Jones as three sister running a wedding-planning business.

AdventurerKim
04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info about cancellation of Bells. We've been watching and really like it. First Studio 60, and now this canceled! :mad:

ChipnDaleGal
04-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I am bummed about it. I like the cast and the stories were fun. I am often a series killer. :blush:

DisneyGiant
04-08-2007, 01:09 PM
That's a bummer. I love David E Kelly.

I guess I still have Boston Legal..........

I have the shows on TiVo - why should I watch them now?