PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm here for a convention!" solo trip report-part 4

tron80
03-12-2007, 11:01 PM
"The hotel I wish I could check-in",AK EMH and Disneyquest(I'm sorry if it is long!)

The 3rd day at WDW was going to be at MGM,now,I knew ESPN weekend was coming up soon,so it was ideal to go to the studios today(however I went out again on Saturday,details later). First thing to do here? Check out the tip board near Sunset Blvd,the wait times for both of the Blvd e-tickets were 10 minutes at Tot and 20 at RnRC. I went to RnRC first,it used to have a singles line back then,but I saw that the other queue was under construction. Result? Grabbed an FP for 2:00 then did standby..wait was not that long,I waited perhaps 8 minutes I think. I came here back in 99 when it was "testing" before it opened in July and boy does it still rock!
Now afterward I did ToT...it was a walk-on for lunchtime. This could be the best pre-show in all WDW,very detailed with the very convincing lookalike of Rod Serling(it fooled me back then,then I heard about who he really was).

Now the Tower of Terror just might be #1 in my top 7. Why? They added the new random ride thing. Sometimes I went up & down about 3,4,5 or 6(!) times. Soo good,I rode it 4 times before I grabbed a bite to eat(please eat AFTER the ToT as I saw litteraly people like this: :sick: ) and went to see some Muppets and the stuntshow. I still love Muppetvision 3d,too funny and has some of the greatest quotes ever:.."It's a salute to all countries BUT mostly about America." The stuntshow was nearby,and about to start. This is,finally, a very good addition to the studios. Stunts and driving were incredible and yes mindblowing. If you love cars and explosions,you HAVE to see it. Afterward I sat on a bench,because the mob came stampeding afterwards,that area can get very crowded. Now it was nearly 4pm and I had a decision to make...either go wait for Fantasmic! or go to AK for extra magic hour. Well,I saw this show when it opened(1999 was a great year huh? :D ) and well I did wanted to avoid the crowds,and I remember them fondly. Whether entering or exiting there's always a huge mob there. So I rode RnRC two more times,then grabbed a bus to CS to rest and freshen-up,then it was off to AK. The park was officially closed at that time,and at the turnstiles I heard this question from someone to a CM:
"The park's closed,why are people still getting in?"
"Parks open until 8pm for the resort guests."

That's right,extra magic hours,baby! I grabbed the bracelet and walked to the Tree of Life. And there was a HUGE line to see Mickey and Minnie in their safari clothes. But....no line for Expedition Everest! 10 minutes at least and yes there is a very hidden single rider line. Now,this easily cracks the top three list of my favorite rides at WDW. You can see my room from the second big lift hill. The backwards part was so great,it puts Space Mountain to shame. Great job,Disney. :thumbsup:
Afterward I did some more rides: Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl,both were good. Afterward I rode Everest again and once more. I was done,since I am going again here tommorow to explore some more. At the bus stop I was the only one,until a nice family from Canada came along. I asked them if they had a good day,and the mom and daughters started talking to me all at once. The girls were about 6,7 years old and it was their first time there,they(and I) never stopped talking about how cool Everest was. Their faces glowed,litteraly! There is nothing more special than taking kids for the first time here and seeing the looks on those faces,right parents? Afterward we met the nicest bus driver and started to play trivia questions,I only got one right,and I can't believe I remember Cinderella's middle name...because I remember it not too long ago at the MK. The other questions were tough..the family from Canada and I were the only ones who got a question right,these questions were so darn tough and everybody was stumped at some point. Now it was almost 8pm and left my bag in the room,then I hit Downtown Disney for Disneyquest since it was included in my ticket.

It was quite empty compared to my last visit here. And yes it was actually dissapointing because some things weren't working for example:Ride the Comix. I did Pirates of the Carribbean thing though,that was fun. Later I played some classic and current video games,and rode Cyberspace Mountain with a coaster that has a ride level of two,since those simulators are more intense than the real thing,lol. Afterward I went back to CS and ate at the yummy Pepper Market. Ok day and thread's done.
Coming up:"Bugs,turtles and mice,oh my!" and dinner at Teppanyaki.
Thanks again for reading this,I hope you had fun reading this,as much as I did writing it! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Sounds like you really had a lot of fun on the MGM thrill rides! I can not wait to do an evening EMH at Animal Kingdom. Did you see the Tree of Life all lit up? Th epictures I have seen are so beautiful that I want to see it for myself in June. Thanks for another great report! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a great time.

tron80
03-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Sounds like you really had a lot of fun on the MGM thrill rides! I can not wait to do an evening EMH at Animal Kingdom. Did you see the Tree of Life all lit up? Th epictures I have seen are so beautiful that I want to see it for myself in June. Thanks for another great report! :mickey:

Yes,the Tree of Life looks pretty when it's lit up. I could post some pictures that I took,but I need to develop the camera's film. Oh and EMH at Animal Kingdom is worth going,since the crowds rather go to a park that has fireworks,hence few wait times!

faline
03-14-2007, 09:52 AM
I would love to do an evening extra magic hour at Animal Kingdom! In fact, I had planned to do this on our last trip but it so happened that the extra magic hour was the same night as the Pirates and Princess party. Oh well! Something to look forward to for the next time!

Sounds like you had a great day!

pdrlkr
03-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
sounds like a good day at MGM and good night at AK...:mickey:

pogo
04-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes... I'm having a lot of fun reading your reports. You make me feel like I'm with you on your trip.:secret:

Great day. I can't wait to read more. :D

larrybob
05-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Great report ... thanks!