PDA

View Full Version : For those who have been to Las Vegas

TiggeRia
03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
My brother is graduating from weapons school at Nellis AFB in June, so my family is making a week long vacation of it while we are there. My question is this...has anyone ever taken one of the helicopter tours that leave from Vegas and tour/land at the Grand Canyon? I was wondering what you thought of it, and what company you may have used. Did you think it was worth it? I've done some research online, but I was hoping to talk to a few people who have actually done it!

Janet89
03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I've not taken a helicopter tour, but would like to next time we visit Las Vegas. You can find information in the forum section of tripadvisor, though. There have been quite a few threads regarding the subject or you can start your own.

mamacatnv
03-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I have never done it - to scared. However they advertise all over Vegas. In the hotel rooms, billboards, coupons at your hotel etc....

Have fun

mook3y
04-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I have friends that have gone on it and loved it. Personally, I have issues with getting on anything that beats the air into submission. :D

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I have never taken an air tour (helicopter or airplane) over the Grand Canyon, but I can echo the sentiment that they are heavily advertised in Las Vegas. We considered doing at one point, but a jeep tour guide in Arizona, who also flew airplane tours around the area (just not the Grand Canyon), stated how he would never fly tours in the Grand Canyon area as the air currents are upredictable. We figured if a pilot was reluctant to fly that route, than it was not for us either! To be honest, statistically the odds of an accident are low, but it never hurts to be aware of a company's safety record.

My nephew and his wife did take a helicopter tour while at the Grand Canyon using Maverick Helicopters and they had nothing but good things to say about it. I'm not sure if they fly out of Las Vegas, but they might be worth a look.