PDA

View Full Version : Are December 19-22 usually busy?

BriarRose
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows when it gets busy for the Christmas season at DL? We are looking at arriving on December 19th and leaving on December 22nd.

N.W.Girl
03-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Yup, Its pretty busy! Its Christmas break!!! Theres a trade off tho. All the decorations and holiday specials.
Your first 2 days will be the best. So use those days for the rides and then save the weekend for shopping,picture taking, etc... :tree:
Except get the fast passes to sqeeze a few more in, and the early mornings and last 1/2 hr.):santa3:
Get there a good hour, no less. for the fireworks, parades, and/or Fantasmic. :fworks:

SierraNevada
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Actually, we went at that time last year since my son was out of school and expecting it to be very busy. We found that it was not busy at all since most school were still in session - we were told that Orange County schools did not get out until closer to Christmas. And this year, even my son's school does not get out until after 12/21 so it might not be that bad. From that Friday on, however, it WILL be packed.

Dakota Rose
03-29-2007, 04:39 PM
We were there those exact dates in 2003 and it was busy for sure. Long lines and the whole bit. But, it was also a week-end that year so that made a difference.

Your savings grace will be that most schools won't be out for Christmas until the 21. I would also suggest hiting Disneyland on Wed/Thur and saving DCA for Fri/Sat. DCA is almost always less crowded than DL, so save it for days when DL will be busy.