PDA

View Full Version : Late August 2007 Vacation

spectroaddy
03-12-2007, 01:46 AM
We have decided on alternative dates, since Fantasmic and Splash mountain was closed on our 1st vacation dates in may!!! Is august a good time to visit Disneyland, due to crowds and weather??? (we have 12-16 and 19-23 as prospective dates) Also, are rates for hotel, tickets and other stuff cheaper during this time of year??? Any suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
One last thing,is Fantasmic back open during the month of august, could someone give me an idea of park hours for both theme parks (entertainment,parades) so we can plan accordingly!!!

Thanks for help!!!!

ChipDale
03-15-2007, 10:54 AM
August hours should be 8:00am to midnight for Disneyland and 10:00am to 10:00pm for California Adventure.

Weather should be hot during the day and cooler after dark. It will still be crowded (any days before Labor Day weekend will be), but with the extended hours you should be able to do what you want to do.

As for rates, no there are not cheaper rates (for the Disneyland hotels) during that time. If they come out with any cheap rates (which is rare these days) it would also be after the Labor Day weekend.

Tink&Goofy
04-01-2007, 12:59 AM
We have just booked our THIRD August Disneyland trip - last August we went to WDW, but the prior two were at DL. All of the trips have been the last week of August (or second to the last week). We have found the last week in August to be about the best all summer - crowds are definitely lighter, as many are back in school - although the weekends are still quite crowded. I've heard that the Disney hotels sometimes offer some special rates for late in the month - of course they don't come out with those for awhile. Area hotels many times do have lower rates beginning mid August, or later. Temperature wise it can be hot - but absolutely no comparison to WDW in August! Its much dryer, and cools off quickly when the sun goes down.

Everyone thinks we are crazy - but this make it Disney four years in a row! Hey its something we can all enjoy together, which is tough with kids 4,12,15. We will be there 8/24 - 8/28. I can't wait!