PDA

View Full Version : chicago eats

busterthebronco
03-11-2007, 09:47 PM
you guys have helped me so much on my plans to visit chicago so i hope im not asking too many questions, i just cant help it! :blush:
where should we eat?
im wanting a place with a great view and of course good food but if it gets too pricey my in laws will be uncomfortable.
the wanut room?
and the wife wants some famous chicago style pizza.
help?

DVC2004
03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Geno's East for pizza. The Walnut Room- OK food, terrible service. We ate there around Christmas and the service was horrid. For a great view hit the Signature Room at the top of (95th floor) the John Hancock. I think they serve lunch as well which may not be as pricey as dinner. Ed Debevic's on Ontario is fun- 50's style diner (burgers) with "mean" staff -think 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM.

seawitch
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Lots of fabulous choices...my favorites include Rosebud on Rush (italian)
Bin 36 (Dearborn St.). awesome wine/cheese bar this is a fun place to relax late afternoon and have a flight of wine/sample of cheeses
I prefer Giordanno's pizza to Geno's
If you have kids with you they might like Rainforest Cafe'...my kids love this place although I think it is overpriced and not that tasty. Have fun!

Chic-a-pin
03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Carson's Ribs are great too! Not much of a view, but good food.

TheMartellFamily
03-15-2007, 08:51 PM
There are some great resturants on Navy Pier. the views are great . For the pizza it can only be Gino's east. This is our favorite when it comes to the Chicago pizza. There is so much to choose from here. My all time favs is Fronteria Grill. I feel this can not be missed and the prices are not that bad. They have a web site for this restaurant. As I said there is just sooooo many and they are all good.

busterthebronco
03-15-2007, 09:08 PM
ya'll are so great!
i cant tell you how nice it is to get opinions from real chicago people!
i've made some decisions-we're staying in the hilton garden inn o'hare.
it seems real clean and nice and its much easier on the wallet than anything downtown.
we're going to the signature room to eat after the braves game but need to kill some time between since i want to eat during sunset and that is 8:35 that night.
we need to eat friday after arriving and ive found options close to our hotel.
(i think they are close)
what do ya'll think of these places-
rosewood restaurant
black ram
bristol bar and inn
harry carreys

and this pizza deal, it seems to be quite an hard thing to decide on.
ginos vs giordanos
thanks ya'll!

Jasper
03-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Carson's for ribs is just wonderful. (For you trivia folks this is where the characters in the TV show MASH sent to for ribs.)

For pizza, I love Una pizza. They have several locations but my favorite location is on Clark street. (I may be off a street or two on this location.)

I do not know if this is true or not, but on the Food Channel they once said that someone at Una pizza was the inventor of Chicago style pizza. Regardless of whether this is true or not, the pizza is quite tasty!!

BethieTink
03-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Other great Chicago options include - Any of the Emilios Tapas places, if you want to try fantastic Spanish tapas. You can google them for the menus. Sai Cafe on Sheffield and Armitage is some of the best sushi ever. (Also the first place I ever had sushi). Try the Volcano Roll. :cloud9:

Chicago pizza is not to be missed. I like Gino's, love Giordano's (one right near where I went to school), but Lou Malnati's is my favorite. I personally wouldn't bother with Pizzeria Uno, you can get this in your local mall.

Ed Debevics with the kids would be fun. Alot like 50s PTC.

kris10399
04-17-2007, 06:06 PM
as for your friday when you get in, the Ram Brewery is good, also Harry Carey's. You could also try Bob Chinn's. That is fresh seafood flown in daily plus they have GREAT Mai Tai's. You'll be able to get the Mai Tai's at Wrigley too. Bob Chinn's is in Wheeling which isn't too far from O'Hare.
Or DH suggested Carlucci's (italian) which is at the Marriott Suites O'Hare.

Lots of great food.