PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Pirate and Princess Party Returning In August *Updated with Dates*

5 Mousekteers
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Message originally posted by 5 Mousekteers on 03-10-2007

:pirate: Just saw this posting on the Disney site. :skull: The Pirate and Princess Party will be returning for select nights in August!:mickey:

Returning Select Nights this August!
Become a pirate or a princess in the place where dreams come true! Grab your adventure map and treasure pouch as you embark on a quest through Magic Kingdom® Park for chocolate doubloons and royal beads. Immerse yourself in pirate coves and princess courts. Be dazzled by the new Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade. Experience the Magic, Music and Mayhem fireworks spectacular. If you wish, you can even come to the party dressed in your favorite pirate or princess costume*!
All of this, plus use of some of the most popular Magic Kingdom® attractions, will provide you with a night of adventure to remember and "treasure" forever.

Event Highlights:
Pirate coves and princess courts
Beads and chocolate treasure giveaways
Interactive activities including Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial and Jasmine's Royal Guard Recruitment
Character meet and greets and adventurous atmospheres
Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade
Magic, Music and Mayhem fireworks spectacular
Dream Along With Mickey castle stage show
Some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractionsMessage updated by Figment! on 03-14-2007

Disney has released the second set of 2007 dates as:

August 11, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, and 31
September 3

June 1, 2007 has been announced as the ticket sale date for this second set of dates. As of this announcement, ticket price has not been specifically noted; however, it is expected to be the same as the first set of parties.

JPL
03-10-2007, 06:37 PM
This seems like the new draw during the slow season. They have September and October cover with MNSSHP and a good part of November and December with MVMCP. It looks like they found a way to fill in the last slow season gap.

DisneyGiant
03-10-2007, 06:52 PM
This seems like the new draw during the slow season. They have September and October cover with MNSSHP and a good part of November and December with MVMCP. It looks like they found a way to fill in the last slow season gap.

Yes, I recently wrote to them asking it if they would consider having it in June (my nephews would love to attend).

Their answer - a polite No. ;)

kakn7294
03-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm so excited and can't wait to see the dates! We'll be there Aug 11 - 19 and hope to go! It sounds like a lot of fun and maybe will make up for a not-so-great time at MVMCP and our last trip in general (due to the group we traveled with).

Christine
03-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh man! I was devastated that I missed this when I had to cancel my Jan. trip this year. Now I get another chance?

WDW is just not going to make it easy for me to let my AP lapse, are they???:thumbsup:

steph436
03-11-2007, 12:37 PM
WONDERFUL!! My DS4 will LOVE this. :cheer: He tells me everyday that he wants to be a pirate! Does anyone know how much tickets cost? I hope the party dates work with our vacation dates in Aug! We are already excited because we found out that the Magical Beginnings shows would start during the week of our vacation! This will just add the pixie dust to our trip!:pixie:

Mousehead35
03-11-2007, 12:56 PM
We're headed down August 8-17 and I was really upset b/c of the HM refurb, now we have the P&P Party so I'm smiling againl. I can't wait for the dates to come out.

mjaclyn
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I wish Disney would add a couple of nights in September too. I'd LOVE to take DD!

Figment!
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know how much tickets cost? See the Disney's Pirate & Princess Party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for pricing and event details.

I wish Disney would add a couple of nights in September too. I'd LOVE to take DD!It's very unlikely as Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starts its 2007 run September 14.

r4kids
03-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Ohhh I wish this would go through Sept. 25th. I know it most likely won't due to MNSSHP. I want to take the kids to both. Ya know my cake and eat too!!:mickey:

Figment!
03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
**Updated**

MaryPoppinsFan
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
This is going to be fun. I just switched my ADR'S for LTT from Monday night to Friday night 8-24 at 5:45. The rep said it was one of the last tables. Now I see this. My daughter is going to be 8 and I'm sure she'll love this. Not sure about my 12 year old son but I'm not going to miss it. and June 1st is my duaghters birthday. What a great gift!!!:mickey:

BelleKP
03-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately I'm a little disappointed in the timing of this! I know it's great for all you travelling with kids, but I'm not . . . we're doing an adult only trip, and it turns out that one of the PNP dates lands on a day we were counting on using MK EMH!
I hope all of you that are attending have a great time :mickey: . . . I just wish I wasn't losing out on some very important MK time!!!:(

CleveSJM
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
BelleKP is right. Unless my old potential trip notes are wrong, 8-15 was supposed to be 9am to 10pm with EMH. Now they'll kick you out at 7pm unless you cough up another $35. They should have avoided EMH dates. They should give people with existing MYW reservations for those nights free access to the party.

mjaclyn
03-16-2007, 12:04 AM
DRAT!! We'll be in Disney in mid September and will miss the PNPP. I don't understand why Disney has to do MNSSHP so early. We don't celebrate Halloween and I would really love to take our DD to PNPP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they add at least one night while we're visiting!

dad2princess
03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Is the end of August really that slow of a period? I was surprised to see this party announced, meaning of course shorter regular park hours. Now I might have to look at trip down at the end of August, for the kids of course.:secret:

Goofy Pluto
03-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Wow, they're doing it Sept 3rd? That's Labor Day. I'm just surprised they would do it that day.

dad2princess
03-21-2007, 09:27 AM
So I was contemplating a trip, and notice that Disney has already released park hours for August and September, and I see some of the P&P party dates are scheduled 9:00 closings. So is Disney, in fact, adjusting the operating schedule to allow a second ticket event since the party is a 7:30 to 12:30 event? If this is true, will the closing time be 6:00? :(

Figment!
03-21-2007, 10:58 AM
So is Disney, in fact, adjusting the operating schedule to allow a second ticket event since the party is a 7:30 to 12:30 event? If this is true, will the closing time be 6:00? :(Disney should adjust the hours (soon) to reflect a 7:00 pm closing time as with the previous parties.

Goofy Dad 13
03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Disney should adjust the hours (soon) to reflect a 7:00 pm closing time as with the previous parties.

OK, going down in August and have Liberty Tree reservation for 7:30 on one of the nights of the event. Will we still be able to eat there without buying the extra tickets? DDs may want to go, but if not, will we have to eat somewher else?

Figment!
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
OK, going down in August and have Liberty Tree reservation for 7:30 on one of the nights of the event. Will we still be able to eat there without buying the extra tickets? DDs may want to go, but if not, will we have to eat somewher else?This is unique situation with no past precedent. I would contact Walt Disney World Dining and see what they can do.

The standard procedure for Hard Ticket Events is as follows:

Attractions will close to non-Party Guests at 7:00 pm, by 7:30 all non-party Guests are ushered to Main Street, by 7:45 all non-party Guests have been ushered out of the park.

Kim Possible
03-23-2007, 01:18 PM
cool! i may be going in august so that's a good thing!