PDA

View Full Version : grey goose slushes in epcot????

luv2luveeyore
03-10-2007, 02:24 AM
I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that in the World Showcase in Epcot one could find an orange slush type drink with grey goose. Possibly in France?? If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

May524
03-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Hmm....sounds yummy!
I do love the ritas in Mexico! Ole'! :marg:

disneyfan1124
03-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Sounds WONDERFUL!! Since it's Grey Goose you're talking about, France would be the most likely place. Next trip in Nov 07, and I'm more than willing to check it out!

wdwnomad
03-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I am not sure if they sell them year round but I remember getting one from the France booth at the Food and Wine Festival last year. I don't remember the details of them but there were two different kinds.

Deni4000
03-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Yes, they can be found in France! There is an orange slush with Grey Goose, and I believe there is also a lemonade slush made with Grey Goose Citron. The kiosk is located to the left of the stand that sells crepes.

RPHX2NC
03-10-2007, 01:56 PM
REALLY! Very interesting and I will try to report back in Sept!:thumbsup: Will I remember Epcot??

Crow
03-10-2007, 07:09 PM
thats interesting i dont remember that.
i do remember the :marg: in Mexico, Kir Royal and wine in france at the booth next to the crepes...

Pop Centurion
03-11-2007, 12:36 AM
I was unaware of this also. Will definitely have to get one next trip. I do remember having an alcoholic tangerine slushie from Morocco a few years ago that was good.

Mickey'sGirl
03-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes, they can be found in France! There is an orange slush with Grey Goose, and I believe there is also a lemonade slush made with Grey Goose Citron. The kiosk is located to the left of the stand that sells crepes.This is very dangerous knowledge :D ... Do you think I will have time to finish one before I hit the :marg: in Mexico?

disneydawniebeth
03-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I think I may be the only person in the world that does not like the margaritas in Mexico:sick: I was a bartender for 5 years in college and loved margaritas. Maybe I am just a light weight now, because they are really strong. Obviously why lots of people like them!

BUt an orange flavored grey goose slushy? I AM THERE!

Deni4000
03-11-2007, 04:15 PM
This is very dangerous knowledge :D ... Do you think I will have time to finish one before I hit the :marg: in Mexico?

I like the way you think ;)

There would definitely be enough time. There's seven countries in between, I think? I plan on testing this out next month, just to make sure, lol. :thumbsup:

Crow
03-12-2007, 09:24 PM

There would definitely be enough time. There's seven countries in between, I think? I plan on testing this out next month, just to make sure, lol. :thumbsup:

ill try:marg: :beer:

mudpuppysmom
03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
This is very dangerous knowledge :D ... Do you think I will have time to finish one before I hit the :marg: in Mexico?

I will be trying this in May.......I've been known to "two fist it" before, so IF I'm not finished by the time I hit the next country I'll carry it with me!!! (I mean if I start in Mexico I'll get a :marg: , and if I'm not finished by France I'll carry both with me).

I'm really excited now!!!!:D

garymacd
03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Okay, call me naive; but are we talking about someone actually squeezing a grey goose into a jar and drinking it? Or is this something else entirely?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I will be trying this in May.......I've been known to "two fist it" before, so IF I'm not finished by the time I hit the next country I'll carry it with me!!!
That is dangerous my friend! I did that once and passed out in Norway. BE strong...and Good luck! :sleepin:

Okay, call me naive; but are we talking about someone actually squeezing a grey goose into a jar and drinking it? Or is this something else entirely? That's right. But you need to chill the jar before drinking it. ;)

pogo
03-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I will be trying this in May.......I've been known to "two fist it" before, so IF I'm not finished by the time I hit the next country I'll carry it with me!!! (I mean if I start in Mexico I'll get a :marg: , and if I'm not finished by France I'll carry both with me).
I'm really excited now!!!!:D
I'll be at Epcot in just 37 days and I feel it is my duty to report back on this issue...... errrr.... if I can remember, that is. :D

That is dangerous my friend! I did that once and passed out in Norway. BE strong...and Good luck! :sleepin:
No problem Cousin, I'll help Brian carry you.:medic:

There would definitely be enough time. There's seven countries in between, I think? I plan on testing this out next month, just to make sure, lol. :thumbsup:But dosen't that mean there are seven countries to try drinks in ?? :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 11:42 AM
No problem Cousin, I'll help Brian carry you.:medic:
You are an officer, and a gentleman! :thumbsup:

offwego
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Okay, call me naive; but are we talking about someone actually squeezing a grey goose into a jar and drinking it? Or is this something else entirely?

It a brand of prem. vodka. Quite good actually and no geese inside.

And Jenn since you'll be there first I'll have to ask you to try both and let me know which one I should try in Sept. Just for research you know.

garymacd
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
That's right. But you need to chill the jar before drinking it. ;)

Feathers, feet, bill and all????:confused:

disneymom2000
03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
You guys are a hoot. Margaritas AND Vodka. Who said the countries of the world couldn't get along? :dance:

Deni4000
03-13-2007, 10:43 PM
But dosen't that mean there are seven countries to try drinks in ?? :D

:idea: Excellent point!!! What was I thinking? Now I need to rethink my whole strategy!

By the end of the day, I'm going to look like this: :crazy:

Mnchknbrat1982
03-14-2007, 12:01 AM
But dosen't that mean there are seven countries to try drinks in ?? :D

Hmm.........this could be bad for me hee hee! Especially if they have drinks in each country that I want to try. Especially since I am not a big drinker to begin with but gotta love a marg!

mudpuppysmom
03-14-2007, 12:38 AM

Last year at the F&W festival I tried to two fist it and I ended up sitting on a bench by the train exhibit in Germany for a few minutes until I got my bearings.......granted I had come from Italy with two drinks, but still......I needed a break!!! I THINK I shoudl be able to make it from France to Mexico or vice versa.......I guess the investigation will commence May 11th!!!! I'll have DH with me by then, so he'll be my backup!! yeah, right, he usually eggs me on!!:haha: :crazy:
Oh well, if anyone sees me laying on the ground near the train exhibit.....check to see if I'm ok please.....my DS will be GLUED to the trains and DH will be sitting next to me laughing at me!!

angedeaile
03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
O-MY-GARSH!

Orange slush=Yum
Grey Goose= Intoxicating Yum

OS+GG=Trouble!:tasty:

I wish I knew about this last time I went. I guess I will have to make up for lost time come Dec.

With all the great drinks brought up in this thread, it is a wonder I haven't heard crazy stories about all the wasted obnoxious adults wandering in WS.

Tifa
03-14-2007, 02:18 AM
OK so let's go in circular order of drinks everyone must try in each country (aside from the "local" beer).

Mexico: Margaritas
Norway:
China:
Germany:
Italy: Limoncello
Japan: Sake!
Morocco:
France: Grey Goose slushes
UK:
Canada:
During Food and Wine weekends, Ireland had some VERY yummy honey wine and Irish cream... That was my double fist for a few countries!

Those are mine... anyone else? And yes, Slushes are a new addition due to this list ;)

ParrotheadMinni
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I HAVE to try the Viking Coffee in Norway in April. I've heard most excellent things about it.

DisneyTeen
03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Like people have said, I too have spent a few minutes (or an hour) "relaxing" on a bench before attempting to move again. The double fisting was a mistake in the heat. The second time that I attepted to drink around the world, i started with a loaf of french bread and just ate that throughout the first few :beer: . the bread laid down a good base for all that followed.
Just a little hint that i use to make it around the world.

mudpuppysmom
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I too have the "snack as you go" mantra. I, however, use sugary pastries as my base......so I double my "problems".....I'm like a kid on Christmas plus I'm tipsy!!! Normally I'm the designated driver, but when we go to Epcot the first time I have a :marg: since I will not be driving!!

Let's see if I can do this:

France: GG slush + pastry from bakery
Morocco: Is that where I'd get baklava? I'm thinking not, but I usually get something.
Japan:......no pastries there for me
Italy: time for GELATO!!!
Germany: apple struedel w/ vanilla sauce!
China: ....do they have pastries?????
Norway:.....heck, I'm just about to Mexico, so I don't bother with anything, I'll give my tummy a rest:D
Mexicl:.....time for my regularly scheduled :marg:

See, I can make it........Honestly I'm not a drinker "in real life".....I do indulge in a few when I'm on vaca, but only at Epcot and when we go to Kona (gotta love them there Lapu Lapu's!!:cloud9: )

Now, where exactly is this GG slush stand again?!?!? I don't want to forget!!!

Deni4000
05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Just wanted to report back on the slushes! I just got back last week, and the slushes are sold at the same kiosk as the wine and champagne in France. It is to the left of the crepe stand.

The orange slush is made with Grand Marnier, and the lemonade slush has Grey Goose. We tried both of them :thumbsup: , and I thought the lemonade one was so much better. Didn't really taste a lot of alcohol, but it definitely packed a punch - and I'm a bartender, so my tolerance is pretty high! The orange one tasted like a creamsicle, but it was almost sickeningly sweet. Still very good, just not my type of drink.

All in all, this stand is a must for anyone looking to drink around the world!

Cinderelley
05-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Like people have said, I too have spent a few minutes (or an hour) "relaxing" on a bench before attempting to move again.

I now know why Disney felt the need to have a "relaxation" expert show us how to try out the benches on the vacation DVD. :secret: :D :marg: :beer:

Belle619
05-03-2007, 03:44 PM
This is fantastic - I'm trying to convince my fiance` to come with me to Disney and I think Epcot may be the selling point!

I personally like the adult beverages they offer and I'm sure he will too. The danger for me is not the alcohol though, but the pastries!!!

dumbo ears
05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I think that around france there is a stand for grey goose slushes. those things are awesome! I had some of my sisters when I was down there. oops guess I shouldnt talk about that since Im only 16.

Maleficent's Dad
05-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Just wanted to chime in.
I've been to France hundreds of times and have eaten and drank there more times than I can count. (Both the country and the "land" in EPCOT!)
The Grey Goose Slushes are news to me and I'm glad someone reported them. I've been reading this post with vigor, and look forward to August when I'll need some "liquid refreshment!"
:marg: :beer: :marg: :beer:

mrsgaribaldi
05-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I think I may be the only person in the world that does not like the margaritas in Mexico:sick: I was a bartender for 5 years in college and loved margaritas. Maybe I am just a light weight now, because they are really strong. Obviously why lots of people like them!

BUt an orange flavored grey goose slushy? I AM THERE!

You are not alone. I hate those margaritas. I had one once and it made me sick:sick: I can never go back now. But I like the sound of those slushys;)

Crow
05-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Just wanted to report back on the slushes! I just got back last week, and the slushes are sold at the same kiosk as the wine and champagne in France. It is to the left of the crepe stand.

The orange slush is made with Grand Marnier, and the lemonade slush has Grey Goose. We tried both of them :thumbsup: , and I thought the lemonade one was so much better. Didn't really taste a lot of alcohol, but it definitely packed a punch - and I'm a bartender, so my tolerance is pretty high! The orange one tasted like a creamsicle, but it was almost sickeningly sweet. Still very good, just not my type of drink.

All in all, this stand is a must for anyone looking to drink around the world!
mmm Grand Marnier! and it tastes like a creamsicle? hmmm:secret: think my first taste of Grand Marnier was at Mama Melrose once. and i liked. but i look at the price of a bottle in the store! guess what Ill b trying?
lets see if i go to the right...Black n Tan in England
SLushy in France
Sake in Japan
Viking coffee in Norway
:marg: in Mexico...
and thats if i skip the countries in between...

mudpuppysmom
05-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Another report on the slushes......I had the Lemon one and it was served in a martinin "glass". I didn't know I was drinking alcohol either, and I didn't really feel any ill effects, I even thought it was non alcholic!

Too bad I had to drive that evening or I would have had a margarita......we ate at Biergarten and DH had two of the large beers they have there, so no margarita for me that day!

I do recommend the slushes though!!

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I had the Grand Marnier orange slush in France last week and found it to be absolutely delicious! It was served at a stand along with wine and the Grey Goose lemon slush. Was also very surprised by the Tsing Tsao beer in China. We went drinking around the world. At some point I plan on posting a trip report. Wish I had caught the names of everything we got... I'll have to check if I still have the receipts. :marg: