PDA

View Full Version : Autograph question - need pen?

LAULIPOP
03-09-2007, 12:37 PM
HI, I am looking at autograph books online to get for my sons. Of course they love the ones that come with pens. We've never gone to get character autogrpahs (they were too young last time). I know the characters need big fat ones to hold and sign - my question is, do they have their own markers/pens that they sign with, or do we give them one?
Thanks in advance for answering a silly question!

Jared
03-09-2007, 12:39 PM
The characters do not have pens, so you will have to bring one. The masked characters cannot handle small instruments, so pack a large, fat marker. Face characters like Cinderella and Snow White can easily sign autographs with a regular pen.

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Sharpies have always worked best for us! The big thick pens that are sold in the parks tend to stop working or fall apart VERY VERY quickly! I buy a boatload of Sharpies at the supply store before we head down -- in many different colours -- then we are all set!

LAULIPOP
03-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Thank you!

kadesha
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Where are you looking at them online at?

I was thinking of making my girls one for our upcoming trip and letting them help. I thought it'd be more special that way. But I wouldn't mind checking some out online too.

MN MINNIE
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
characters to use. They sell them at Walgreens stores. Buzz Lightyear has his own stamp that he uses to stamp in autograph books.:stitch:

LAULIPOP
03-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Kadesha - right now I'm looking at Ebay, checking prices to see if it's worth getting them before we head down to FL.

Blue Genie
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
That so funny at Disneyland Buzz,Beast,Woody they sign autograph book and they can use small pens. But I do think my next pen I will get when my dry out again is what Mickey'sGirl said a Sharpies. The last time I had my pen out I hand it to Ariel,Snow White & Princess Minnie and as they started to write it stop working. So Ariel when and got a Sharpies pen and both her and Snow White use them. But tell me what stores sales Sharpies at?

joanna71985
03-09-2007, 09:19 PM
The character attendants usually have pen/markers for people to use, if for some reason they left their pen somewhere or it just happens to die right there (it has happened). As for the best ones to use, I would say the best pens/markers are large, thick ones that they can easily hold in their hands. Little ones sometimes are too small for certain characters. And there are several that do not sign. They are:
*Beast
*Buzz Lightyear
*Mike
*Sully
*Mr. and Mrs. Incredible (although I have had her sign once for me)
*Frozone
*Figment
*Bullseye (though he is very rarely out)

The Bookseller
03-10-2007, 12:36 AM
I have to agree with some posters up in the thread: Sharpies are the way to go! One advice: buy a pack with various collors. Black can be boring on the long term.

battle beast
03-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Do not sign?

*Mr. and Mrs. Incredible (although I have had her sign once for me)
*Frozone

My friend has all three autographs, but from DCA.

joanna71985
03-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe in DCA. But at WDW they stamp.

Noah's Helper
03-25-2007, 10:28 PM
When we had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table several years ago, the princesses all signed with their own crayons. The color of the crayons even matched their dresses. Our daughter got a big kick out of that.

It could be different now. We haven't been back to CRT since then.

joanna71985
03-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah, when I ate at CRT last July they didn't have anything. However, in Toontown they each had their own pen.

Kim Possible
03-26-2007, 10:45 PM
acctually only once jasmine had an aqua sharpie. i thought that was really cool because it matches her outfit

The Bookseller
03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
acctually only once jasmine had an aqua sharpie. i thought that was really cool because it matches her outfit

It is quite a fun occurence: I had a Jasmine once who found a purple Sharpie in a nick of time when I dint had one. This proves us how resourcefull she really is.