PDA

View Full Version : Resorts with quiet pools?

tink2006
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
My husband loves POR. His requirments are: A quiet pool right outside our room, close to the food court, main pool, etc. It also has to have a restaurant and be close to the bus stop. He also likes to have our car close by (We drive). He really does not ask for much :mickey: ..... I found this at POR but I have not seen this set up in any other hotel. He loves having the best of both worlds - the quiet pool and the hustle of the main building a few feet away.

Are there any other resorts that would fit his needs? I would love to stay deluxe but I would hate to spend the money only to hear I want to move to POR. In the past we have stayed at POFQ and CBR (neither met his requirements). We have gone to the world many times and have always stayed at POR. I just want to try something new.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Mary Poppins fan
03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
The Samoa building at the Poly! :lei: :cloud9:

CleveSJM
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Pool area room as AKL is as close as I could get to filling all those requirements. Car being close seems to be the worst there...

mrsgaribaldi
03-10-2007, 07:50 AM
The Polynesian has a quiet pool. We were in the Tokelau building and the quiet pool was right outside:thumbsup:

AndrewJackson
03-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Sounds like POR is your best choice. The quiet pools at POR hardly ever have anyone in them.

Another option may be to look at a DVC property. VWL and BCV both have their own quiet pool, but you can still use the main pool as well. The rack rates are expensive $$$$, but you could always save money renting points. We are renting points for a studio the last week of March for six nights, and it is costing us less than a moderate.

mmouse566
03-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I think Coronado would meet his requirements. There are several small pools right outside of room clusters and then the large pool. This resort has an overall quiter, more adult, less rushed pace about it. We have stayed at all the Disney resorts with the exception of GF and Poly and this is one of our favorites.

tink2006
03-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!:mickey: I will try to talk him into staying somewhere else. If not, we are still at WDW - anywhere will be fine:cloud9:

tinksmom02
03-18-2007, 12:05 AM
I think Coronado would meet his requirements. There are several small pools right outside of room clusters and then the large pool. This resort has an overall quiter, more adult, less rushed pace about it.

I agree! we stayed at the coronado in 2004 on our first trip. We were in the ranchitos, I believe, and literally STEPS away from the quiet pool. Our car was not that far away, either. It was a walk to the main pool, lobby, restaurants, etc. but nothing major. Matter of fact, when we first arrived, we drove to the big pool, not realizing how close it was! We ended up walking more than if we had just walked from the room@ :blush:

I haven't stayed at any deluxes so I can't help you there, but we really enjoyed the Coronado.

storzo
03-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Caribbean Beach would fit those needs. Especially rooms in Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 (non-smoking).