PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm here for a convention!" solo trip report-part 3

tron80
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
"No Dole whip for you!" and something special

This is a bit long so please bear with me!

After catching some zzz's and ate a quick breakfast(cereal juice and a banana,I did this all week except on Friday) I went to the Magic Kingdom 1 hour after opening,it was 10am. Heheh,appereantly no one at Coronado Springs wanted to go the Magic Kingdom so I had the bus to myself,I did have an interesting conversation with the bus driver. Now after arriving it was raining,it came and went though. I love walking in Main Street. Very pretty and I can still smell that delicious scent from the Main Street candy store. After browsing the shops and bought a 1 one use camera,I headed toward the castle hub to check the wait times. Hardly a wait for anything, even though the area looked crowded.

First stop...Pirates with a 5 min walk on. Now I have to say the updates were interesting,that Davy Jones effect was nice and not too much of a Jack Sparrow overdose,thank goodness. Afterward I catched the pirate tutorial,the performers and kids did a great job,very fun to watch. I wanted to grab a Dole Whip,but Aloha Isle was closed,so no Dole whip for nobody,and I did not get one later on because I can't believe I forgot about it. :( Next I grabbed an FP for Splash Mountain and boarded the train for Tommorowland and Toontown. After arriving at Toontown station,I found this very out-of-the way path,while everybody was flocking to Minnie's house,I think. This is where
something interesting happened...

I came across a cast member who was cleaning up some leaves near the speedway and I said:"hello" and we started to talk about where was I from,how do you like it here,1st time here and whatnot. Then she said:
"Here...it's not a Fastpass badge,but it'll do."
She gave me 4 Fastpass tickets for any ride at the Magic Kingdom.
"Whoa...this is awesome! Thank you so much! But what is a fastpass badge?"
I found out that the park is running a contest where they randomly award some "dreams",one of them is a stay at Cinderela Castle for a night. Or a Fastpass badge and other stuff.
Yes I did later saw the Fastpass badge on someone...but that just screams attention all over. Afterward I thanked her 100 times for this. If the cast member is reading this right now:THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I will never forget this "magical" moment.
Here's a tip: Say "hello" more often.

I was so overwhelmed that next I went to the TTA to figure out what to do with these. Well on the way,I got off and saw Stitch all by himself and I got a picture with him..he's so funny and one of my favorite characters. Speaking of which..there was a 5 min wait for Stitch's great escape,so I did that. Now the pre-show was great but the attraction is just well... merely ok,like Soarin' perhaps,I just wasn't impressed. I think they use the same chili dog smell in these two attractions: It's tough to be a Bug and Journey into Imagination. FInally it was time to do the triple mountain whammy(Stacy I love you). Splash,Big Thunder and Space at the same time...incredible,after some years the mountains still pack a punch! Now some wait times in those mountains were 20 minutes or so,but I did use the FP's. After conquering the mountains,I grabbed some lunch at Cosmic Ray's. Now another tip borrowed from the vacation planning DVD:let's say there's a big misunderstanding and you accidently miss a parade? Well.wait times for the rides are a dull roar during a parade. I did skipped them(I really wasn't going to camp out during a parade) and was able to do the mountains again.Next up I suddenly found myself in Fantasyland and headed for Mickey's Philharmagic. Phew..I'll keep posting in this thread soon.
Coming up:Stroller Mania and the great wait for the fireworks.

faline
03-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Congrats on the fast passes! What a nice magical moment!

Bethis26fan
03-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a good day.

tron80
03-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Let's see if I can finish this thread now-Stroller Mania and the great wait for the fireworks.

There's two words to describe fantasyland:stroller heaven. Tons of parked strollers were everywhere! After that fiasco,I went straight to Mickey's Philharmagic. When the doors opened and headed for a row,a family didn't move all the way down,despite Goofy saying to fill in every available seat. The movie was good,however that same family and a couple of other people decided to make for the exit at some point,to which I coudn't enjoy the movie entirely.Donald Duck is the star of the show and it shows from beggining to end,about time huh? After the show it was circa 4pm and well I went to board the monorail to check out the Polynesian before the fireworks and try to avoid the Spectromagic mob.

OK,the Polynesian resort is very very pretty(and expensive) resort. That lobby is so relaxing,I doze off to sleep for 45 minutes! After that I went walking around to see where the restaurants,shops were. Finally I made it outside,and lo and behold, a great view of Magic Kingdom and Space Mountain at sundown...relaxing. This would be the deluxe resort I would pick for the ultimate getaway. It was 6:45ish and I catched the monorail again and made it to the MK just in time,people were camping for Spectromagic. I went to tommorow land to ride the TTA again(this has to be my 2nd favorite ride at the MK,next to the mountains). Around 7:00pm I grabbed a Coke at the Tommorowland Noddle station and camped out for the fireworks,I was so lucky to have that excellent view of the castle. Finally it was 8pm and I saw Wishes for the first time.
Those fireworks were amazing,I did not expect Tinkerbell fly over(no wonder the other part of the terrace was packed,people clapped and cheered for this,little girls were either screaming with laughter or it was too much excitement). The finale was too good I can't even describe it,such a moving soundtrack with fireworks everywhere.
Afterward I waited 35 minutes for the packs to leave,then boarded a bus back to Coronado and ate some fajitas at the pepper market,,then came back to my room,showered then slept. Tommorow,I hit the studios. That's it for this thread,and thank you very much for reading this.

BTW-I can't decide which is better:Illuminations or Wishes,could someone help me?

pdrlkr
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
What a great day! Very nice moment with the fast passes. It does pay to be nice and friendly. Sounds like you enjoyed your visit to the Poly. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us.

Oh, and I would vote for Wishes!! :fworks:

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2007, 01:57 AM
What a busy and fun filled day. The Poly is my all time favorite after staying there in January. And it's Illuminations for me:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
sounds like a pretty good day at the MK...thanx for sharing! :mickey:

pogo
04-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Ah yes...... there is something to be said about being cordial. Not only in the parks, but in every day life. Imagine how much nicer the world would be if people just said,"Hello", instead of just looking at the ground.:blush:

Sounds like you had an excellent day at MK.:mickey:

Going to read more. :D

larrybob
04-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the report!

I vote for Illuminations.

smartinez1
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Loving your TR, keep up the great work!!:thumbsup: