PDA

View Full Version : Do you or someone you know work at WDW?

caryrae
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Along the same line as the "What's you job" thread.

Do you or someone you know work or will be working in WDW or any Disney park in the world for that matter and what do they or will they do?

BrowncatP
03-08-2007, 09:55 PM
My cousin' s daughter will be working in the MK as Sleeping Beauty.:princess:

Marilyn Michetti
03-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't honestly know the man, but anyone on this board can feel free to say "hi' to Main St. Jim.

Sorry Jim, but we all feel like you're our connection to the mouse.:mickey:

Kim Possible
03-08-2007, 11:31 PM
my mom's best friend's neice worked in disney for a while. she was mickey and minnie... im not sure if she still works there though....

May524
03-09-2007, 01:04 AM
I worked there! My role was hospitality. It was checking guests in and out of the hotel, and making dining/ticket/recreation reservations. It was very fun and I miss it! :cloud9:

vizsla
03-09-2007, 05:31 AM
My great uncle worked at WDW for 25 years before retiring in1996. He was a CM for It's a Small World and the Haunted MAnsion.

TikiGoddess
03-09-2007, 08:56 AM
My husband worked for the Mouse back in the '90's. He worked retail all over the World, but most famously was on the opening team of Splash Photo. He was there for 3 yrs before he decided to move back up north and start his teaching career.

Now he wants me to work there! He thinks that it would cure me of my WDW obsession. There's a slim possibility that we might move to Orlando for a summer so we could both work part-time at WDW. Slim possibility, but possible!

TikiG

DizNee143
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
my sisters friend works in disney...shes been there for over five years now...she does pretty much all the princesses...i know she def does cinderella in the 3 o'clock parade in the MK...but she also does snow white and ariel..and im sure a couple of others...:mickey:

murphy1
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
My aunt does and has been there 20 years at a mod, my cousins have worked in the parks. She got me into the pipeline, but having lived there and taking it for granted, I just didn't want to work there at the time (it is different when you live near it, you either love it or are sick of it, now I like it again, also wouldn't mind moving near the resort, I love Central Florida), her friend in HR wanted me to be a face character after my aunt showed her my picture, I did a lot of theater work, but the pay was nada. I have had friends work there too. Main Street Jim and Red and Fuzzy are CMs I have had the pleasure of meeting.

DisneyTeen
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I worked at AK in Asia as an Operations Manager for the quick food. (Counter Service).

trackbarroness
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Currently work in Tomorrowland's attraction Space Mountain. And my Mom AKA PirateGal works front desk at the All Stars Resorts.

WDWFanatic
03-10-2007, 11:14 AM
My great uncle worked at WDW for 25 years before retiring in1996. He was a CM for It's a Small World and the Haunted MAnsion.

I most likely worked with Vizsla's uncle...:thumbsup:

I was a MKCP (before WDWCP) back in the late 80's. I worked at HM, Country Bears, Tree House, & TSI. HM was down for a short 2 week rehab which is why I got to work at some other places.

I LOVED it. I think every college student who loves Disney should try it!

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I worked at Fantasia Mini Golf Back in 2003 and when I move back in Sept. I want to audition for entertainment or go to HM!

joanna71985
04-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Character attendant for me (hopefully performer someday).

jkj1224
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm going to be working in merchandise in adventureland, but I haven't actually started yet. :)

joanna71985
04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm going to be working in merchandise in adventureland, but I haven't actually started yet. :)

Ooh, you will have so much fun there. I worked there a lot during my first CP, and my favorite part was doing Glow/Squeeze Breeze carts.

CaptainSad
04-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I have never worked for WDW. I have always had the dream of one day working at WDW. I am 52 now and my time is getting short. It also doesn't help living in the Northeast. I have been to WDW world at least 30 times since 1983. Every time I go I keep thinking what it would be like to just pack up and go South for the rest of my life. If I could I would be at the parks every chance I could get. Maybe someday....:mickey:

Rich

caryrae
04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I have never worked for WDW. I have always had the dream of one day working at WDW. I am 52 now and my time is getting short. It also doesn't help living in the Northeast. I have been to WDW world at least 30 times since 1983. Every time I go I keep thinking what it would be like to just pack up and go South for the rest of my life. If I could I would be at the parks every chance I could get. Maybe someday....:mickey:

Rich

I here ya, My wife and I would love to move down to Florida someday. We have lived in Minnesota all our lives, we are 35 and 33 so not to old yet. I am starting to really hate winter these days, today it's only in the low 30's and will be pretty cold for a few days still. My family never did much winter stuff while we were growing up (snowmobling, skiing, ice fishing, ect) so it's nothing i've gotten into.

The only thing keeping us in Minnesota is most of our families live close by, within 30 miles or less.

I install ceramic tile, i'm sure WDW has lots of tile to replace or new tile to install.

mouseketeer mom
04-08-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't know anyone, and have never worked at Disney. but...its my dream to work there, even if I was a greeter on Main Street, waving with a big white glove! I'd be on :cloud9:

*Liz*
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I work in Costuming at the Magic Kingdom and sometimes Animal Kingdom when they need me. I help dress the characters for SpectroMagic so I know that parade in & out! :mickey:

Nick Mc
04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm currently a seasonal CM but used to be FT. I'm in the entertainment department, and I love my job, and can't wait to go back next month to do my seasonal work.

Natazu
04-09-2007, 04:06 AM
One of my best friends plays Gaston at B&TB. It's a great part for him because he's like 6'2" and is a trained opera singer. He's very talented if anyone happens to be casting an opera.

SunnyNY
04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
My daughter did the college program last spring semester 2006. She absolutely LOVED it. It gave her her first opportunity to live away from home, and was such an exciting experience that she signed on to be a seasonal employee, and now can return during the following year to work her required hours to maintain her status until she finishes college.
After that, who knows where she may end up?
IIt is a great opportunity for college kids to explore, wish I was her age to do it myself..lol

alicia524luvstw
04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
My friend Jimmy works the Jungle Cruise in MK. He's on the college co-op.