PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to upgrade to a moderate?

poeticeclipse
03-08-2007, 04:34 PM
I've stayed on Disney property twice and both times i've stayed at Pop Century. My honeymoon is in late May through early June and we have Pop booked again for 9 nights and 8 days. I keep looking at pictures of moderates and wondering if it'd be worth raking out the extra money and putting myself further into debt just to have the extra ambiance.

Even if I did decide to upgrade to a moderate, I can't choose which resort I like better! Here is my thinking about the moderates.

CBR - hate it. Too big and too many bus stops. The theming is wonderful but I hate how everything is SO spread out.

CSR - wanted to stay there for years. It was my original "dream resort." The pool really did me in. I'm not crazy about how the rooms look inside. They seem kind of worn out. Also, I heard it's pretty big too.

POR - reminds me of a really relaxing small town. But, I heard it's pretty good in size. And it makes me nervous having to share busses with POFQ. The landscaping here is probably my favorite other than CSR.

POFQ - the only thing that makes me want to stay here is the small size. Everyone says that it's really romantic but I just don't see how a sea serpent pool is romantic. Maybe I just haven't seen the right pictures yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

darthmacho
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Unless it means you won't be able to return to WDW anytime soon, the upgrade to moderate is worth it, especially for something as important as a honeymoon. :bride:

My favorite moderate is Coronado Springs, which was very romantic. I'm leaning toward Port Orleans Riverside for 2008, our 10th anniversary, because it also seems very romantic. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon. :cloud9:

WeLuvBuzz
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
It is your honeymoon, so it might be worth it to upgrade to be special. My only concern is your comment about going further in debt. If you are financing this vacation using credit cards that you are not going to be able to pay off immediately then I would not advise spending the extra money. Finance charges can double the cost of your vacation very quickly. Congrats on your wedding and I know you will have a great trip no matter where you stay.

poeticeclipse
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I really shouldn't have used the term "debt." I have the money to cover the trip in my savings account i'm just a tight wad about spending it. I just want to make sure it's worth paying an extra 600 dollars to stay at the nicer resort.

AllDisney
03-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Have stayed at CB, CS, POFQ each has it's own charm. The most important questions are: #1. How much time will you be spending in the room? #2. Is it worth it to YOU to spend the extra money to upgrade?

It seems like you have done your research on the resorts and know what to expect based on your findings. Whatever you pick....have a fantastic time!

KylesMom
03-08-2007, 05:37 PM
We felt the same way you did before we started upgrading resorts - why spend more? Needless to say, I will agree with the above Intercotees and tell you to go for it - especially since it is your honeymoon!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
03-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Since you have clarified the statement about going further into debt, I feel better saying that this is a special occasion and you might want to "splurge".

I always ask DH where HE wants to stay when we go and he always says AKL or BW or WL, then he hears the room rate.....and tells me wherever I can get us a room is fine, but he does like the added touches the deluxes offer. I'm the tightwad in our family though.....but I always give DH the option of where to stay!

Last year it was our 10th Anniv and we stayed at POFQ. While we did use the pool on two mornings, we really did not spend much time at the resort, so to me that is a waste of money.

Now, the year before (2005) we stayed at AKL and we spent a bunch of time at the resort. We even had my cousin's family over one afternoon and the kids all walked around and talked to the CM's on the trails, helped feel the pelicans (I think that is what they were>) -- they all had a great time!!! We did not use the pool though, these kids were more into the animals and hearing about them!! We topped off our afternoon with dinner at Boma and then went back out on the savannah and used the NVG's to see the animals in the dark, which was cool! All the while we had a room upstairs with a balcony that we could also watch goings on from.

Again, if you are going to spend some additional time at the resort that is a good reason to upgrade. If you are park commandos then I would not spend the $$, but again, this IS a special occasion!!

poeticeclipse
03-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Again, if you are going to spend some additional time at the resort that is a good reason to upgrade. If you are park commandos then I would not spend the $$, but again, this IS a special occasion!!

We're in between. I've never been to the world for more then 6 days so i'm very excited to have an extra two full days to enjoy everything and get the most out of my money at the resort(whatever that may be). Last June we took more time and used the pool more and just relaxed in the room for an hour during the day. It def. helped with our energy levels when we were in the heat "park hopping." I know that we'll do that just as much, if not more, this time around.

I kind of figured things up and it looks like it would be an extra 600 dollars to upgrade. I'll have to talk about it with my fiance tonight. And with the way i'm feeling, we'll be picking out a new resort.:cloud9:

pogo
03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
OK....... here's my :twocents: It is your honeymoon............. you WILL be spending time in your room.:blush: Make it the best resort that you can afford !

CBR....... great resort.... we spent our honeymoon there and loved it.

POFQ...... we are staying there this year ( 42 days ). We looked at it last year and trust me.... it is very romantic.:cloud9:

POR..... alittle bigger than POFQ but just as romantic. We might stay there next year.

CS...... I've never seen it, but I've heard nothing but good things about the resort.

Remember one thing..... it is NOT the resort that makes your honeymoon romantic...... it's you and the love of your life !

mouseaddict
03-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I have stayed at CSR, CBR, POFQ. All of them were great. I have also stayed at POP, ASMu.
Given the fact that it is your honeymoon you also need to consider the fact that the values will be packed with kids. You mentioned the serpent slide not being romantic, but think about the pools at POP. Also, no hot tub at the values.
You also may find that those "too big" resorts are actually great on a honeymoon. DH and I went to CBR for a getaway without kids and we had a great time in a king room in the Trinidad building. We sat out on the beach and watched the fireworks at EPCOT.
CSR has great hammocks on little sandy beaches and it is great for a nice stroll.
No matter what you choose it is your honeymoon and it will be memorable!

poeticeclipse
03-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Remember one thing..... it is NOT the resort that makes your honeymoon romantic...... it's you and the love of your life !

...wow, so totally almost made me get super choked up. haha. good line!!

I agree... and I keep trying to convince my fiance. It's about convincing him that the upgrade is worth and... I'm trying to come up with a list of reasons as to why we NEED to stay at a moderate over a value.

help! :cool:

pogo
03-08-2007, 10:23 PM
...wow, so totally almost made me get super choked up. haha. good line!!

I agree... and I keep trying to convince my fiance. It's about convincing him that the upgrade is worth and... I'm trying to come up with a list of reasons as to why we NEED to stay at a moderate over a value.

help! :cool:
I'm sorry you took it as a "good line". It wasn't meant that way. What I meant was it doesn't matter if you stay in a Mod or Value. It's your honeymoon and it will be special no matter where it is at WDW. :D

garymacd
03-09-2007, 12:12 AM
A first honeymoon is a very special occasion. Spend the money. We didn't on our first and I regretted it. We still had a great time!!!:blush: But I promised myself and by beloved wife a wonderful 25th anniversary. We had it last year and stayed at POFQ. It is, by far, the most romantic resort we have yet stayed at. We could have stayed at WL. We even considered it. But we so love POFQ. You will too.
Spend the money. Then 25 years from now you can do it all over again! No regrets.

MargaretMessler
03-09-2007, 08:41 AM
I really shouldn't have used the term "debt." I have the money to cover the trip in my savings account i'm just a tight wad about spending it. I just want to make sure it's worth paying an extra 600 dollars to stay at the nicer resort.

I was helping a dear friend plan a trip for her and her husband for their anniversary, and I will tell you the same thing I told her : for a special occasion, GO FOR IT! If it is managable financially (and it sounds like it is) then do it. You can stick to value resorts on future trips, but your honeymoon is only once.

Which one to choose? Well, I've only been to CBR and I love it, but if I were planning a honeymoon for myself, I think CSR looks like one I would lean towards.

TikiGoddess
03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
My DH and I stayed at ASMusic for our honeymooon. We were both grad students at the time (and saving for a house) -- and staying at ASMusic was actually a splurge, considering up to that point we had stayed offsite! I loved it, it was very Disney, but it was not romantic. DIdn't matter, we had a great time.

Now looking back, I wish we had been able to have a fancier honeymoon. All we did was Disney for 3 days, then 3 days in Tampa to spend some time at the beach and with DH's parents. Makes me want to plan a BIG trip for our 10th anniversary. :D Hmm... will have to talk to DH about that...

Usually I would say, Pop Century will be fine. But since it's your honeymoon, I would upgrade. POFQ sounds great! While you're at it, splurge and get a rental car. That way you could stay at CBR, enjoy the Caribbean atmosphere, and not have to deal with the crowds on the buses. Just a thought.

TikiG

Dicecatt262
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Congratulations! How exciting for you to be spending your honeymoon at WDW!

I say yes, it is worth the splurge. I've stayed at both POR and POFQ. POR is beautiful! But very large. In my opinion, you should choose POFQ. It is small, and walking around the river would be a very romantic thing to do! You can take the boat to Downtown Disney, which is really convenient. POFQ is the first pickup (most of the time) for bus service. There is a cute bar at POFQ that has good music and friendly bartenders. The rooms are cute, and spacious. And it is your honeymoon, it is worth it to do it once! I'm sure Pop is great, but it will be a lot more kid-filled, not that kids are bad (I have four:thumbsup: ) but POFQ was very peaceful. And as far as romance, the Serpant pool was cool because it is Mardis Gras themed, it is less kid targeted in my opinion than Old Man River pool at POR. And the hot tub was great! It is off from the pool in a little courtyard looking area surrounded by bushes.

Mariašoš
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
This is your honeymoon...definitely spend the extra money for a nicer resort!! You'll be spending plenty of time at the All Stars or Pop once you have children! I was very concerned over CBR because of how spread out the resort is, but man was I glad we picked CBR once we checked in. Because of how spread out the resort is you don't feel crowded or over run by other guests as you do at other resorts. The tropical, caribbean themeing was absolutely wonderful! I felt like I was on a vacation within our vacation. The sandy beaches, hammocks, caribbean music, larger room than other moderates. Our room at CBR was even larger than the room we had at WL. Our room was located in Aruba and it was literally an 8 minute walk from our door, over the bridge and island to Old Port Royale. We were able to see Spaceship Earth as well as Illuminations from our resort. CBR does not share their bus transportation with any other resort and they have an internal bus for the resort as well. The main pool has a really nice theme, poolside bar and ping pong tables. Boat and bike rentals are available. If you like the themeing than definitely look into CBR! Each island also has their own quiet pool which my husband and I had all to ourselves during our last vacation Aug 25 - Sept 1st. We have stayed at FW campground, All Star Music, CBR, POFQ, WL, Poly, Contemporary Garden Wing and Contemporary Tower. For the cost, size of room, location, themeing, food court offerings, amenities, etc.... CBR has become our favorite resort! I should also say that my husband injured his leg while serving in Iraq and has a difficult time walking. He didn't have any problems whatsoever with the amount of walking at CBR.

Brenle
03-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Caribbean Beach is beautiful. And if you ask to stay in the Martinique section, you are very close to Port Royale which has the restaurant and large swimming pool. Plus, it's your honeymoon. Wouldn't you rather stay in an "upgraded" hotel?:thumbsup:

May524
03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Definetly upgrade!!!
I've stayed at Values and Deluxes...no moderates, but the differences are amazing!
If you plan on taking it slow and relaxing a bit more than upgrade to a moderate.
I'm so happy we stayed at the Boardwalk for our honeymoon, we have never stayed there before which made it special. :cloud9:

asrai555
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I think it is totally worth it. Having stayed at both Pop and POFQ I think one is miles beyond the other. Maybe we just had a bad go at Pop (possible) but I found the extra money spent was worth it.

I think the honeymoon deal, well it only comes once so-to-speak so why not do something a little special? POFQ is totally romantic (the gas lights, the bright streets at night?!?!) The horse drawn carriage ride from POR to POFQ is just awesome. The pool isn't romantic, its true, but the river is! And the boat to DTD that is so great. Gahhhh - now you are getting me excited!

Have a great time whatever your choice!

pooh0601
03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
I would upgrade to a moderate, especially since it is your honeymoon. I agree with you on CBR I hate it there too and the rooms were disgusting. I'm not a big fan of the pop/allstar resorts either. The lines for the buses are insane. POFQ is very nice. I have been spoiled by my hubby who always gets us in at the contempory/poly/wilderness lodge but a few times we have stayed a POFQ and it was very nice and romantic. The pool is ok. The hot tub is nice. I think ungrading to POFQ would be a great idea. Just my opinion. :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
For a regular, routine visit to WDW (if a person goes to WDW regularly, that is) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a value resort. But a honeymoon is a special time and if you can swing it financially, I think it would be worth it to upgrade to a moderate. I've stayed at all the moderates and I would personally recommend Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. As you said, the grounds are lovely, and then there's that lovely path by the river for strolling on and the romantic (and it can be, especially in the evening) boat ride to and from Downtown Disney. :heart:

Jasper
03-29-2007, 05:27 PM
I certainly agree with the other posters that a honeymoon is a special occasion that certainly merits spending a little extra. However, being another tightwad as you called yourself, I would still ask myself how much time am I going to spend at the resort?

I realize that being a honeymoon many would say that they will be at the resort a lot. However, that is not always the case for everyone. The first step is to talk it over with your intended and see what you think you guys want to do.

My basic rule of thumb is that if I am going to be at the parks at least 90% or more of my waking time than I will go with the value.

Not2Loud
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
If it isn't going to put a strain on you financially, I recommend upgrading. I am the one that likes the high end hotels, DW, well, she used to think she didn't as she is the "tightwad."

On our honeymoon (non-WDW), we had a room at the Royal York in Toronto that was $375 or so a night. This was for a room in what is equivalent of the Concierge service at a Deluxe Disney property. We could have stayed at the Holiday Inn down the street for $70 per night.

I wanted her to remember the grandness and the luxury and so on when thinking back to our honeymoon. I didn't want her to remember and average hotel room. Let's just say she got the luxury travel bug after that.

Does the $375 per night for a great hotel date me?

With all that said, go for it, UNLESS it will truly put you into debt; then thats another ball of wax.

Enjoy, and congrats!! :congrats:

Goofy Pluto
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm looking at this from a different perspective as someone who has never stayed at the value resorts and only stayed at moderates during previous trips, now has 3 kids, and is looking to save as much money as possible...

We stayed at the moderates or above previously because we could afford to (CBR was OK, POR was really nice, Beach Club is very nice, Poly was almost 30 years ago but love to visit). As we are planning our trip for this year, our situation is different (3 kids now!) and at this time a moderate is not affordable. And I wouldn't let anyone swing us away from that decision. Anyone can post on here, "Sure, it's your honeymoon, go for it!", but the truth is you know your financial situation and whether it really is affordable or not. Truthfully, unless you plan on spending some time at the resort to really enjoy it, it's probably not worth the extra money that you might need or could use on something else. If you're someone who's strictly visiting parks and away from the resort almost all the time (except to sleep), then it would not be worth it.

That's just my opinion. It's really up to you and your fiancee. You have to make the decision on whether or not that extra $600 is worth it to you.

MOJoe
03-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree with the suggestion to upgrade. A Honeymoon is not a vacation. It should not be looked at as just another trip. It should be treated as one of the most special events in your life. Cost is always a factor, but you really should do something special - even over the top. To Not make that extra effort is a decision you can't take back, and one that many regret.

BW Fan
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
CBR is a nicely themed resort and it has a really good food court, but it is HUGE. My personal favorite moderate is POR. Boatwrights is really good (for those early evenings when you are back at the resort), the bar is great, the food court is a food court, and the gift shop is the best gift shop in the World. Your honeymoon is a special time and you could not choose a more beautiful setting.

The upgrade from any of the value resorts is definitely worth it, especially for your honeymoon.:mickey:

A Big Kid
03-31-2007, 11:33 AM
My only concern is your comment about going further in debt. If you are financing this vacation using credit cards that you are not going to be able to pay off immediately then I would not advise spending the extra money. .

Yeah. That was my thought. But since she said that is not the case, I would up the ante and move to a moderate.

I detest values for too many reasons to cite here. If you have never upgraded resports, try it. You might never look back.

DisneyDudet
03-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, we always wager on whether to do a mod or a deluxe (it used to be value and mod). We used to stay in mods quite a bit. Our favorite is POR Magnolia Bend. We would get a standard view (which isn't much different than an upgraded view) and it was so quiet and pleasant. Lots of beautiful landscaping. it is big, but they have multiple bus stops around the resort. They also have nice Quiet Pools, if pools are big for you, which sounds like it might be.

If I were picking a mod for myself, it would be POR.

As far as upgrading, thats really between you and your sig. other. As with the others, if you plan on spending time at your resort, and possibly dining is major for you, I would go for a mod. The only food options at the values are food court. While the mods have food courts, they should also have a table service or lounge. If you want to sit back w/ a nice beverage, I would think POR is the place for you.

Another thing is, is there something else you'd rather spend that $600 on? Are you wanting to dine at nice restaurants w/o the dining option? Are you wanting to do something else special while you are there, a tour perhaps?

All this needs to be thought out.

Personally, if I had the money, I would upgrade.

Are either you or your intended teachers, nurses, or government employees? If you are, then you can stay at the Swan or Dolphin for just about the same price as a mod (one reason why we're staying there in Oct).

garymacd
04-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Makes me want to plan a BIG trip for our 10th anniversary. :D Hmm... will have to talk to DH about that...

Usually I would say, Pop Century will be fine. But since it's your honeymoon, I would upgrade. POFQ sounds great! While you're at it, splurge and get a rental car. That way you could stay at CBR, enjoy the Caribbean atmosphere, and not have to deal with the crowds on the buses. Just a thought.

TikiG

Tiki
I hope you get your 10th anniversary trip!

About the rental car: Stay at POFQ! The buses are never as crowded as they are for CBR. Buses are shared for most parks at POFQ for both Riverside and French Quarter, but they each have their own bus for Magic Kingdom.

asrai555
04-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Poetic did you make a decision?

poeticeclipse
04-02-2007, 12:24 PM
My fiance and I keep discussing it. He does understand where i'm coming from when I say that I want to upgrade to a mod. But, he just doesn't have a huge desire. After much squabbling(is that a word?) we've (I think) decided to stay put at Pop for a few reasons.

1. We want to do a few tours! I'd like to do the segway tour and he'd love to do the living seas dive. There's a couple hundred right there.

2. We're familiar with Pop so we won't have any surprises. I'm terrified that if I do move to a mod i'll be disappointed with something and wish I was back at Pop.

3. My fiance said that if we stay at Pop this year we can stay at the Poly next year for our anniversary. The Poly is my number one resort that i've always wanted to stay at but could never afford it.

I really hope that this thread has helped out a bunch of other people making this same decisison. I can't thank you guys enough for all of your help. Intercotees always pull through for me!:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM
That sounds like a great deal -- a few extras for the HM and the Poly for next year!

Congrats on the wedding!!

SteveL
04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Upgrading from a value to a moderate just isn't worth the money to my way of thinking. Other than a bit more extensive themeing at the resort, you don't really get much for the extra money. Both resort categories have double beds. If you were going to at least get a larger bed for the extra money then I would consider it.

poeticeclipse
04-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Both resort categories have double beds. If you were going to at least get a larger bed for the extra money then I would consider it.

We actually have requested a king bed at Pop so I hope everything works out and we get that nice king size bed! Right now we've been sleeping a double bed. And my fiance is not a tiny man. Talk about a tight squeeze!!:secret:

moe513
04-02-2007, 08:14 PM
We stayed at CBR for out honeymoon and loved it. Its beautiful with all the colorful buildings. I think the values are too big and plus you get tons of kids. You could also split your stay between too resorts. Good Luck.

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 10:40 PM
:vacation: I vote for the upgrade, too. We stayed at CBR the last time, and wouldn't have traded it for anything. Granted, we have 2 young girls, and some of their "family friendly" amenities added to the charm, but my DH and I are going back for a long wknd in Oct., and we're choosing CBR again. Yes, it is very big - you don't get the "cozy" feel of some of the smaller resorts. But the themeing is fantastic - very romantic w/ the palm trees and hammocks everywhere. We found the busing to be very handy and quick, and the internal buses were great, too. The restaurant Shutters had great food, and the themed pool was nice - not as large as you'd think from the pictures - but we enjoyed it. I'm sure someday we'll check out some of the POR resorts, but for us right now - it's CBR all the way!

Good luck with whatever you decide - I'm sure it'll be a fantastic honeymoon wherever you stay!! :thumbsup:

scootch713
04-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I say do a split stay at the POLYNESIAN and the Pop. To me, there is a huge difference between the moderate and deluxe. So I can't imagine the moderates are that much greater than the values. If it were my honeymoon, I would do the POLY for a few nights, especially the days you dont' plan on going to the parks as much and just going to POP to balance out the money.

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 03:58 PM
I vote for stay at PoP this year and Poly next year. We stayed at the Poly for the first time in Jan and fell in love with it:thumbsup: It's my favorite resort now. As for Pop, it's my favorite value. We are staying there in 31 days:mickey:
Congratulations on your wedding and I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon no matter where you stay:bride: :groom: :cloud9:

garymacd
04-04-2007, 09:02 PM
1. We want to do a few tours! I'd like to do the segway tour and he'd love to do the living seas dive. There's a couple hundred right there.

I did the Living Seas Dive last year on our anniversary trip. Your new hubby will enjoy it. One word of advice: tell him to take his own mask! The masks they give you are patently uncomfortable. I considered removing mine and finishing the dive bare-faced because it hurt my forehead so much. But, then, I wouldn't have seen the shark coming at me...

Your reasons are sound and you are definitely making the right choice for the right reasons.

Have a great time.

sunlyon
04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
I would stay one less night to stay at a moderate. The difference is night and day! We stayed one night at one of the All Star resorts, it felt like any run of the mill motels to me (but, maybe I'm spoiled?). When we switched to the moderate it was like a totally different vacation. The difference it made was enough to convince me to never stay below the moderate level even if it means not staying as long! We love to spend time at the resort enjoying all the things there are to doi there. The quiet pools are open all night (as long as you are quiet). We love to walk around the resort at night on the beach or spend time in the hammocks. Even if it is crowded you never really feel crowded at the resort.

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I'd say go for it and stay at the moderate. If you don't like it, you could always switch back to the value! That's what my husband and I did on one of our anniversary vacations. We stayed at Pop for 2 nights and then we upgraded to POR. But they put us soooo far away (we were practically not even in the resort!) and we ended up switching back to Pop!

I've stayed at all of the moderates and here's my opinion:

POR - Just explained above about this - it's a beautiful resort, but they put us so far away and they were doing construction in the room next door (not very romantic!) But if you ask for a room closer to the food court, you'll probably have a wonderful time. It really is such a beautiful resort.

POFQ - Love, love LOVE this resort! My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and it was absolutely amazing. We've also stayed there one more time since then and loved it. I know you said you saw the picture of the dragon slide in the pool, but honestly, that's the last thing you'll notice because it blends right in (I know it sounds crazy, but trust me).

CSR - Beautiful resort but BIG. I found it to be as big as the CBR if not bigger, and if you don't have a car, it can be a long bus ride back at the end of the night from the parks. It's a bit further away than CBR from everything, and when you're on the bus from MK, it can sometimes seem like an eternity. But it may not be that way for you (maybe you'll be able to take a nice nap on the ride!)

CBR - I love this resort. Yes it's big, but there are ways around that (ask for a close building, etc). But if the size of it is going to ruin your trip, then I'd say pass on this.

Let us know what you decide to do and remember that whatever you decide will be the right decision! Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!

2disneyfans
04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
My vote is for CBR!:thumbsup: We loved it when we stayed there last year for our first trip to WDW. Even though it is spread out that is what is nice about it. You and the other guests are not piled on top of each other like some of the other resorts. All the 'Islands' have a quiet pool so they do not get too crowded. We went through the whole, "which resort should we stay at," and it came down to POFQ and CBR. We decided to return to CBR again this June because we loved it so much last year.

52 days and counting!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
In general, the moderates have more of a "grown up" feel to them, IMO. I think they're a little more appropriate for a honeymoon. I liked POR because of the subtle Disney touches. It was very romantic to stroll the paths in the morning and watch the bunnies. I would not worry about sharing a bus line with POFQ. A lot of times, the resorts have their own direct bus from the theme parks.

You'll have a great time wherever you stay... congrats!

Mickey91
05-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Sounds to me like you may be happiest where you are. The moderate resorts are beautiful and spread out. You can always request a room closest to the dining hall etc. The rooms are a bit larger, but with just the two of you, room isn't really an issue. As far as the buses go, I don't see much improvement over the Pop except for location of the stops at the theme parks when they close. Some nights I would pay anything to have one of the moderate stops!:mickey: The moderates each have a TS restaurant. They also have quiet pools in addition to the main themed pool. But, so do the values. There will be less kids at the moderate or at least the foliage helps to lessen the noise.
Honestly, if your only going to sleep there, i would stay where you are. Save the money for extra souvenirs.

GrmGrninGost
05-04-2007, 12:09 AM
For me, the moderates are all better than the values. But, for the time you actually spend at the resort, are they worth the extra? For me, absolutely!! They are quieter and roomier. They have slides at their main pools. Their smaller pools tend to be quieter with mostly adults. Food selection is better. Transportation is better. The rooms are larger. Also, for comparison sake, POR and POFQ have a total of 3056 rooms, while PC alone has 2880.
All that being said, it sounds like you are perfectly content with the values. No problem there, I would stay in a pup tent if I had to.
There's no place like WDW!!!:mickey: