PDA

View Full Version : Tours you would like to see offered

Chernabog1326
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
If you were put in charge of developing a new tour for WDW, what would you come up with?
Here is mine:

A tour that was held in the overnight hours to see all the work that goes on to get the park ready for guests the next day.

DDuck66
03-08-2007, 10:08 AM
I would like to see a behind the scenes tour of the many life action shows (Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones, Nemo and Friends, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, etc). I do not think that the average visitor understands how much time, planning, and practice goes into these shows.

jclightchasr
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I would like to see behind the scenes of preparation for parades and nighttime shows especially spectromagic, Illuminations, and Fantasmic.

I would also like to see behind the scenes on classic rides especially showcasing rides which have been recently refurbished. The guides could point out what was entailed and what changes were done. They could end with a sneak preview of a ride currently under refurbishment. (this of course may have to be seen on foot and that would be fine)

JPL
03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
I would like to see ride specific tours like a Mountain range tour where you learn about the history and inner working of the WDW mountain range. It can start at AK and move to the MK and cover all four mountains.

DNS
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I would love to see an AK tour that allows you to pet/handle some of the animals. And some other interactions with the animals. Things like going along to feed the animals on the safari.

Kristi Kay
04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
nothing exciting goes an after park hours...Just a whole bunch of custodial cleaning....

Here we go again...
04-08-2007, 11:49 PM
A tour that was held in the overnight hours to see all the work that goes on to get the park ready for guests the next day.
I would love to do a tour like this but at Christmas or Halloween. I saw a Disney show on what goes into putting up those decorations... to be able to see it in person would be amazing.

I would also like a tour through the tunnels.

Goofy Pluto
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
A tour that shows you the inner workings of the rides! See the inside of the Haunted Mansion, PotC, Splash Mt, etc. Maybe there's nothing really to see, but I'd like to see for myself!

BrerSchultzy
04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I want a tour of the abandoned stuff...

You know, head on over to Discovery Island. Walk along the railroad tracks in Fort Wilderness to get to River Country. Then over to the ghost town at Pop Century.

Maybe we go to AK to look for the "Dragon" on Discovery river, then sneak in some of the old Backlot at MGM, then finish with Communicore, Odyssey and Wonders of Life at Epcot.

Now THAT'D be fun as a nighttime tour!

4ubie1
04-09-2007, 02:36 PM

:ditto: I have always wanted to see this and enjoy some of the shows out there that kindof do this. I have also wanted to see the "behind the scenes" for many of the rides....like go on inspections or something of that nature.:thumbsup:

wjrhw
04-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I want a tour of the abandoned stuff...

You know, head on over to Discovery Island. Walk along the railroad tracks in Fort Wilderness to get to River Country. Then over to the ghost town at Pop Century.

Maybe we go to AK to look for the "Dragon" on Discovery river, then sneak in some of the old Backlot at MGM, then finish with Communicore, Odyssey and Wonders of Life at Epcot.

Now THAT'D be fun as a nighttime tour!

I would definitely pay for this tour. I find this stuff fascinating as well. I had to go and see all the pictures of River Country online in its abandoned state. I’ve never even been there, but it still was cool to see.

Goofy Pluto
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I would definitely pay for this tour. I find this stuff fascinating as well. I had to go and see all the pictures of River Country online in its abandoned state. I’ve never even been there, but it still was cool to see.

Where can I see those pictures? That would be interesting...

poeticeclipse
04-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I would like to see a tour that allows you to "Walk in Walt's Shoes" at DLR. I'm a big Walt Disney fanatic and i'd adore seeing all of the places that meant a lot to him and knowing secrets that he intended only certain people to know.

At WDW i'd like a tour at MGM-Studios. I'm not too sure what it would be but maybe a tour that allows you to be apart of a show. Or help out backstage somehow.

pook@wdw
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I would love to go to the offices of Team Disney to see what goes on w/the imagineers as they're planning the next great WDW idea!
Just to sit in on the brainstorming sessions would be AWESOME!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ian
04-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I would like to see a tour that allows you to "Walk in Walt's Shoes" at DLR. I'm a big Walt Disney fanatic and i'd adore seeing all of the places that meant a lot to him and knowing secrets that he intended only certain people to know.Ask and you shall receive:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=WalkInWaltsFootstepsTourPage&bhcp=1

My personally, I would love a tour that lets you walk through the attractions (something I've always wanted to do).

Like a behind the scenes at the Haunted Mansion tour that shows you how the effects work, etc. I'd pay for that!

2Epcot
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
When I took the Backstage Magic tour, my favorite part was seeing the workings of some of the attractions. Like others, I would enjoy more tours that allowed you to see different attractions from the other side and learn how they work.

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Ask and you shall receive:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=WalkInWaltsFootstepsTourPage&bhcp=1

How Funny!! When I was typing that I thought, "I sure hope this doesn't actually exist and then make me look like an idiot."

Can't wait until I go to DLR someday and actually take the tour. I'll be a bawling baby!!!

Ian
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
How Funny!! When I was typing that I thought, "I sure hope this doesn't actually exist and then make me look like an idiot."

Can't wait until I go to DLR someday and actually take the tour. I'll be a bawling baby!!!I didn't even have to take the tour to get all choked up the first time I visited DLR.

All it took was looking up at the light burning in the window of Walt's old apartment to get me going!

Nick Mc
04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I dont really know what kind of tour i would like to see, since i am a CM, i have seen SM with the lights on - not pretty - i have seen the MK after hours, just trucks on the strees on Main Street. But if i werent a CM I would like to see the whole tunnel of the MK to see how they really do it, the part in the Keys to the Magic tour, you only get to see the Main Street part aka the cleanest part of the Tunnel. the rest of the tunnel would be fun, and a walk through tour of HM, i have took it before, but I think guests should be able to take it too, it is really neat how they do things.

Figgyluv03
04-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I would also like a tour through the tunnels.

The tunnels arent' really a big deal. just a lot of big trash compactors, characters running around without their heads on and a few other things that I won't repeat because I may ruin the magic. I will suggest a haunted tour. Yah know, a complete tour of the haunted mansion and then jump over to MGM for a complete tour of ToT.

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I didn't even have to take the tour to get all choked up the first time I visited DLR.

All it took was looking up at the light burning in the window of Walt's old apartment to get me going!

Just thinking of it gets me emotional:cry: ... I really hope that more and more people realize that we have all this love for WDW because of him. He started it all.

LottaLubes
04-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I would like to see a Behind the Scenes Monorail tour where you could go to the barn and watch the monorails loaded. Well, this would be more for my boys but I think I would enjoy it also.

magicman
04-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Guided hunts in the Animal Kingdom. :silly: (Sorry...a little Texas humor.)

I'd like to go on a quick tour of each resort on the WDW property & see what amenities are offered at each resort as well as what a room looks like at each. (They may already have this, and I may just have not heard of it.)