PDA

View Full Version : Three Ladies at WDW-Day 5 Final Day

BrerGnat
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Friday, February 16: Our last full day.

We woke up to a beautiful, sunny morning, but boy was it cold! Highs today were expected to only be in the upper 50's. We had a LOT to do today, since it was our last full day. Today is actually Cynthia's birthday, and she decided (yesterday) that she wanted to have a sit down breakfast this morning. We originally had an 11:30am lunch ADR for LTT in the MK, but she did not want to go there. On Thursday afternoon, we spent some time on the phone with Disney Dining trying to see where we could get an ADR for breakfast. Naturally, Cynthia wanted a Character meal (I say "naturally" because I honestly thought she would NEVER want to go to one of those, so when I originally made ADR's, and NO ONE mentioned wanting a sit down breakfast, nevermind a character meal, I did not have one planned or even researched). Anyway, we were unable to secure ANY of the character breakfasts, so we just made an ADR for Kona Cafe.

Fast forward to this morning, and I was not feeling well, so I told them to go to breakfast without me and I would take my time getting ready to go and meet them at the first park of the day. Well, they didn't want to leave me like that, so they headed down to WCC to see what they could get as a walk in. I called to cancel the Kona ADR as soon as they left. Turns out, they waited about 30 minutes but were able to be seated by 9am. I met them down there around 9:15, just as they were being served their food. I had picked up a package of grapes from the Roaring Fork and I ate them there. Something about dinner last night at CA Grill did not agree with me too well, and I really just wanted some fruit. Both Cynthia and Andrea really enjoyed their breakfasts and were happy they decided to eat at WCC. I admit, their food looked good, but I just had NO desire to eat this morning.

We were out of there by about 9:45 and we were off to Animal Kingdom. Turns out, Andrea could NOT live without the Yeti Poofball :D, so our mission was to go to the Expedition Everest store (oh yeah, and ride E:E) first. We made our way back there and the standby line was only 15 min so we hopped on and were whisked away up the mountain in no time. I seriously LOVE this ride, and I was a bit sad that this would be my last ride of the trip. :( We browsed in the store and all ended up getting a little something to remember Everest by. I got the snowboard t-shirt and a vial of "fake snow" (it's SUPER cool, by the way). Andrea got her beloved Yeti Poofball and Cynthia grabbed a t-shirt as well. We left AK because we really did not want to waste anymore time there. Right before we left, Andrea discovered that they forgot to remove the security tag from Yeti, so she headed back in to find a store that could take it off for her. Meanwhile, Cynthia received a few phone calls wishing her a Happy Birthday.

Our plan was to go to Downtown Disney to do some shopping next. We made a quick detour to AKL to catch the DtD bus from there. We went into the hotel to look around since none of us had ever been there. We thought it was "okay", not as spectacular as the WL, and I don't really think African art is something any of us particularly like. I hate to say this, but we went out to the savannah and my impression was "that's it?". I had envisioned something so much more expansive and with so many more animals. We saw maybe 3 animals total, and they were WAY off in the distance. The savannah itself was pretty barren...I don't know, I guess I expected more vegetation or something, but it looked like someone's unkempt backyard. Oh well, to each his own, though...I know there are more than a few people who love the AKL; it is just not a place I ever really want to stay at.

We got to DtD around 11am, and we spent a couple hours shopping here. I left the girls in the Art of Disney store while I picked up some lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express (VERY good food, by the way). After meeting back up with the girls, we went to the World of Disney together and promptly lost each other for the next hour. We left the store in one piece, glad to get out of there. It was a madhouse! Then, Cynthia and Andrea decided they were hungry, so we went back to Wolfgang Puck's so they could get lunch. They thought their food was yummy as well! After lunch, we had planned to go to Disney Quest for awhile, but none of us really felt all that much like doing that, so we opted to return to our hotel, drop off our purchases, and head over to MK for awhile. Tonight was EMH at Epcot, so we had left the bulk of the Epcot stuff to do this evening.

Upon returning to our room, we found a balloon bouquet, a card, and a signed photo of Cinderella for Cynthia! This was a nice surprise. I had mentioned Cynthia's birthday to Debbie (of MJ) while making our ressies, and I know she noted it on our reservation, but I really sort of forgot that they might do something for it. Coincidentally, Cinderella is Cynthia's favorite character! (forgot to mention, we got to "meet" Cinderella in a backstage area of the MK at the end of the KTTK tour yesterday. She happened to be "on her way back to her royal residence" and we got to wish HER a Happy Birthday and sing to her---for those who don't know, Cinderella's Birthday is February 15---Cynthia thought that was way cool).

So, Cynthia enjoyed her little present, and we hung out in our room, COMPLETELY pooped out. I think we were just tired from the week in general, our feet were starting to complain. ;)

It took a bit of prodding to get us back out the door, but we didn't really want to waste time. Before we left, we all changed into "warmer" clothes (i.e. long sleeve shirts under our thin sweaters). We bussed over to the MK, because it was starting to get biting cold out (and very windy) and we did NOT want to be on the boat. We noticed throughout the day that many plants on property were tented, and we heard from a bus driver that there was a freeze warning for Orlando that night. :eek:

When we got to MK, our plan was to see Hall of Presidents (most of us remembered Ronald Reagan being the most recent current president when we last saw this show). :blush: We enjoyed it mostly because it was warm in there. I could do without the movie, and a longer time with the AA Presidents. We shopped in the Christmas store a bit and then decided to just leave and head for Epcot, since MK was very crowded and there were long lines for BTMRR and all the Fantasyland rides. It was getting close to 5:30 at this point. We did stop in at Casey's to get some cheese fries as a snack. Yes, cheese is STILL free at Casey's, and they still have the self serve pumps there. The fries were excellent!

BrerGnat
03-07-2007, 06:02 PM
We made our way to Epcot via monorail and arrived around 6pm. It was starting to get seriously cold at this point, and although we all had on double layers, we needed some heavy artillery, so the first item on the to do list was BUY SWEATSHIRTS! We beelined to MouseGear and laughed at the racks set up all over the store (like where there had previously NOT been racks) FULL of sweats. Can't say Disney doesn't come prepared. It took us a LONG time to each find a sweatshirt that we:

A) liked enough to wear again once we left WDW

B) was the right size, and

C) had a hood (this part was crucial)

Cynthia got lucky, but I had to settle for an XL size shirt (again, no L to be found) and Andrea had to settle for a men's shirt (she is very tall so it's hard for her to find ladies shirts that fit her). But, we left the store VERY happy to finally feel WARM again.

We briefly contemplated riding Test Track and M:S, but both had lines 100 minutes long, so we opted to hold off and do those during EMH, since they would be open. We headed for WS, starting in Canada, and worked our way around, stopping for drinks along the way. Cynthia was VERY excited to learn she could get a half yard of beer in the U.K. She was all set to buy a bottle of Bass (for $7.50!) until I pointed out that she could get a half yard of Bass draft for $12.00. She was like "I can seriously get a half yard of beer? Ok!!!" She really enjoyed her beer and then Andrea got some sort of peach or orange cocktail in France and Cynthia got another beer in Norway and then Andrea got some wine in Italy...they were having a great time. I was just not really in the mood to drink...I felt a headache coming on again and I wanted to be in good form for EMH later. I just enjoyed watching them get a little tipsy. We browsed in the shops and wound up in Mexico right around 8:45. The girls decided they wanted some Mexican food for dinner (and I honestly don't remember what I ate for dinner that night...I think I just got some eggrolls from the cart in China). I staked out a table by the water for Illuminations and we enjoyed the show while the girls ate.

After dinner, we headed back to FW to get wristbands. We found a table with no line and got them quickly. We went to Test Track first, and the wait was 30 min, but we got in line anyway. The wait was only really about 20 minutes, and we really enjoyed the ride. Our ride photo came out funny, since we all had our hoods on, so you can't really see our faces or anything. We WERE able to put this ride photo on the Photopass card, so we will have it when we order the cd. Why can't they make ALL the ride photos able to go on the card? All we did was put the card into a slot underneath the monitor with the picture and that was it! So easy...they should really work on that.

After TT, we headed straight to Mission Space. Cynthia was still buzzing pretty good, but Andrea was starting to feel the effects of too much booze and scarfing down a bunch of Mexican food. She waited in line with us, but seriously thought she might :ack: on the ride, so she opted out at the last minute. Cynthia also had a slight air of nausea, so we decided to sit on opposite sides of the pod. She actually held onto the barf bag just in case, but she didn't need it. Cynthia thought M:S "while intoxicated" was a LOT of fun! She said that she actually felt LESS dizzy and disoriented as she felt when she got off the ride sober. After M:S, we contemplated hitting the Land to do Soarin, but we'd all ridden it at DCA, so we opted to just leave instead. It was really too cold to be out and enjoy it. Angel called me at one point and I guessed it was around 45 degrees. He called me back after checking the weather online and told me that it was actually 47, but the wind chill was 41. Felt like it. We meandered out of Epcot, taking some photos along the way (I love FW at nighttime). For the first time, I actually didn't feel too sad to be leaving. Not that I wasn't sad, but usually we are at the MK on the last day, and it feels more sad to leave the MK than any other park. I don't know why. We waited about 15 very long minutes for our bus. It arrived and it was nice and toasty warm inside. We got back to WL and contemplated packing, but then decided to just hit the sack and pack tomorrow. Our DME pick up time was not until 10:40, so we didn't have to rush around. We went to bed, exhausted from the long day and the cold weather.

Up next: Day 6, check out and final thoughts.

Bethis26fan
03-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Even with the cold it sounds like it was a good time.

faline
03-08-2007, 05:54 AM
What a very full day! I know what it's like to tour Disney World when it's that chilly! It can take some of the fun out of it!

offwego
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
What a full day. Sorry it was so chilly.

I'm glad you were feeling up to doing so much in the end. Sounds like you were having a great time!!

SandmanGStefani24
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I've always wanted to know what WDW is like when it's cooler/cold! Hopefully I'll get to see the parks like this one day. Great report~

KylesMom
03-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Nat, I'm sorry your day started with you feeling a bit off. It sounds like you made the most of your day, though! I'm sorry to see your trip reports coming to an end - you're really having a good time with your friends! I can only imagine, though, that you'd be ready to get back to your family. Thanks for sharing with us!:mickey:

DizNee143
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
aww..sorry your werent feeling to good at the begining of the day..but sounds like you guys still had fun even though it was rather cold...lol :mickey:

TKDisneylover
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
It sounds like you ladies had a blast on your last evening. I could only hope to have so much fun with friends! I enjoyed hearing about your wonderful trip! Thanks!

ElenitaB
03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
We also have quite a collection of sweatshirts and sweatpants bought at WDW during unexpected cold snaps, so I had to laugh at your shopping spree!

After TT, we headed straight to Mission Space. Cynthia was still buzzing pretty good, but Andrea was starting to feel the effects of too much booze and scarfing down a bunch of Mexican food. [...] Cynthia thought M:S "while intoxicated" was a LOT of fun! She said that she actually felt LESS dizzy and disoriented as she felt when she got off the ride sober.
This is new... RUI! Definitely less dangerous than DUI though!

Sounds like you all had another wonderful day! :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Brrrr....what a cold day! I am used to going in July when it is almost a 100 degrees out! Sounds like a great day anyway. So glad that everyone enjoyed epcot!

sleepingbooty
03-21-2007, 04:37 PM
You know, you might be on to something - we're always so sad when we leave MK as our last park, so maybe we'll do a different park last on our next trip. I hate that feeling if you don't know when you'll be back!:(