PDA

View Full Version : Pin Storage

Duchess99
03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm a newbie to Pins. I've bought some that I like here and there, but recently I've started collecting. What is the best way to store the pins? I've seen people with binders and lanyards, but which is the best way to protect them?
That and any other tips to pin trading would be great :thumbsup:

sagessa
03-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I've found that the best way to store my pins is in 3-ring binders. I've tried the pin bags and the easel type pin book, but I was not happy with either of those. The binders that Disney sells will hold 5 pages full of pins without getting too heavy, and the pages that they sell in the parks and resorts are great for protecting the face of the pins.

Rachel R.

Duchess99
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks!
Is there anywhere to buy them online?

sagessa
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I checked on DisneyShopping.com, but I didn't see them there. I know that they are available on eBay, but you shouldn't buy one there unless you can get it for 25.00 or less with shipping, since that's about what they cost in the parks and resorts.

Rachel R.

vamaggie
03-08-2007, 05:47 PM
My DS has a pinbag that he uses. He likes it because he can easily carry it and the pages inside are very securely fixed in. Pin trading is a great hobby/collection but beware--you can get very addicted very fast!!!

Duchess99
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
So, I found a pin binder at the World of Disney in NYC...it's great and only $20! you can also buy refill pages for it.

ILoveLegos
04-27-2007, 12:50 AM
I display my pins on an old lamp shade (not being used on a lamp) It fits a night stand sized lamp and I can get about 30 pins on it. The I put that on display on top of my bookshelf. I can rearrange the pins acording to theme or randomize them and I get a view of different pins by simply rotating the shade. Plus it's easy to choose which ones I take on travel quickly and easily. When travelling to WDW I stick a few in my baseball cap or pack them in my checked luggage. :)

Figgyluv03
04-27-2007, 12:39 PM
I display my pins on an old lamp shade (not being used on a lamp) It fits a night stand sized lamp and I can get about 30 pins on it. The I put that on display on top of my bookshelf. I can rearrange the pins acording to theme or randomize them and I get a view of different pins by simply rotating the shade. Plus it's easy to choose which ones I take on travel quickly and easily. When travelling to WDW I stick a few in my baseball cap or pack them in my checked luggage. :)

That is such a great idea!!!