PDA

View Full Version : How adult is the Comedy Club

DISFREAKS
03-06-2007, 08:37 PM
DW and I were thinking about trying it on the next trip. Are the Comedians pretty tame or does it get racey?

Christine
03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
That is an excellent question...I have wondered the same.

I am sure someone will be along to fill us in...

DizneyRox
03-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Last time I was there they were pretty tame. It's still Disney... I've heard from friends however that it's pretty much not worth going anymore. They said the show is shorter than it's ever been, drinks were outrageous, and the comedians weren't funny at all.

I don't bother much with Pleasure Island anymore. When they opened it up to just needing a ticket to get into the clubs, not the area, they pretty much put up a red flag for me. I'm not at all interested in spending cash to find out it's horrible.

GenieOfPA
03-06-2007, 09:59 PM
we went there last year and it wasn't anything too extreme... the comedy was hysterical, but nothing too raunchy. although that was the only time i had been there. seeing as the show is different every night because its an improv place, i'm sure some nihgts can be worse than others especially since no kids are allowed... someone else will know better than i. can't wait to go again though, it was a lot of fun and we had sooo many laughs!

DisneyLove
03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
As much as I love Disney, I must say that I am not a huge fan of the Comedy Warehouse. (I also don't like Whose Line, so maybe that has something to do with it since it is in the same style). It's generally not too adult, there's certainly innuendo, but as it's Disney it's not too explict. I am friends with some of the comedians who work there occasionally (they usually find their home across the street at the Adventurer's Club, which I think is fantastic), and Comedy Warehouse can be really hit or miss. Unfortunately, I've generally missed. The shows are 20min-30min, I believe, and I'm sure the drink prices are high, but they are on property in general. I'm not sure how ticketing at PI works anymore, it seems to change monthly, but you may be able to buy 1 ticket and visit the CW and AC, so that if you don't like one you can go to the other (you should definately try the AC- I really do love it, and there are many other fans on the bord). I got way off topic from your original question, but thought I would give you my opinion. Sorry if it was confusing! :blush:

jillluvsdisney
03-07-2007, 07:00 PM
The Comedy Club was a great time when I went.
It's all improv and they start off with audience suggestions sometimes. My sister and I really enjoyed it. There's some mild innuendo but no language to worry about. She actually took her 13 year old son back the next night for the first two shows. There is no minimum purchase either. We had 2 Sprites and a bag of popcorn for 6 bucks total.

The Adventurer's Club is right across the street and that is also a lot of fun.

I'll definately be going back to both on my next trip and taking my Dad with me.

DISFREAKS
03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks so much for helping us out and giving us some good info. We didn't realize the AC was also a comedy club. Think we may try that one.
Disneylove you didn't confuse us at all. thank you for your post.:)

mrsgaribaldi
03-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Thanks so much for helping us out and giving us some good info. We didn't realize the AC was also a comedy club. Think we may try that one.
Disneylove you didn't confuse us at all. thank you for your post.:)

We did the Comedy Club once and we go back to the Adventurer's Club over and over again. I think that says it all;)

AdventurerKim
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I think it depends on what night you go, what skit they're doing, who's there (comedians), and what people shout out. The comedians don't curse, but I've been to hilarious shows that were much more than just inneundo and mild suggestions about adult topics, and others have been tame. It can be hit or miss because it's improv, but it's always a great time. AC can be the same when they're not doing a scripted show like in the Library or the Mask or Treasure Room. We never miss either, though! :marg: :beer:

DisneyDog
03-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I find it to be pretty tame, but we've never gone with a child. We were there one time for an earlier show and they were taking ideas from the audience. A young girl (about 14 years old) shouted out something that was somewhat offensive (a specific word that has been in the news a lot lately regarding the tv show Grey's Anatomy). The nice folks on stage handled this very well...they simply said "that's not very Disney is it?" and moved on with the show.

LoriMistress
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I think it depends on the audience. Usually, the comedian will ask a funny story from the audience. When they asked my cousin Bobby one time, they got one hell of a story. The place was a riot and after the show people kept on stopping him and mentioning that they reconized him from the club. From what I heard, it's tame...which is understandable...but you think by going to PI to escape the kiddie stuff, it's a bit annoying when you're trying to be an adult they're kids everywhere.

BellewanaB
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
The performers at the comedy warehouse are VERY tame and will also tame a rowdy audience. Usually the earlier the show, the less "rowdy" (ok, drunk) the audience is.
I'm also a huge fan of one of the female performers who is also the voice of, like, everything else in Disney (illuminations, etc.)
AC is also tamer earlier in the evening. Here you can interact face to face with the performers and go into various stand-up performances. I've heard MUCH racier things here but never in poor taste, just innuendos. And you'll NEVER hear bad words anywhere. I think it funnier in how they avoid saying raunchy things.