PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm here for a convention!" solo trip report-part 2

tron80
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Day 1-"They should call it Snorin'. "

Ahem..after the arrival in MCO,I went to the Magical Express desk to board. No lines at all. The bus ride was nice and I liked the arrival video that was playing. Now after a stop in Pop Century,I arrived at Coronado Springs and was greeted with a nice "hola" at the check-in desk. It was 6 pm, after tugging my luggage to the room and resting up a bit...what do you do now? You go to my favorite park of all time:Epcot!

So much has changed since the last time I was here(June 1999)..for example the fingerprint scan. Why do they do that? Hmm..anyway the first thing I rode was Test Track,especially since it has a singles line,I was seated next to a Dad with a little girl riding it for the first time. At the end the girl nodded 'no' after her dad asked her if she wanted to do it again. Oh well,it's still one of my favorite rides. It was better on friday during EMH(more on that later).

Afterward I did Mission:Space,at the entrance I was asked:"spinning or no spinning?" I picked spinning,since I never rode it. The pre-show is so exciting it makes me pumped just thinking about it. In the queue I met my team for the mission to mars..all of the teammates had pin lanyards,and I told them some compliments,they also were riding it for the first time. Now afterwards we rode it..I got the position of engineer. I cannot exactly describe the launch..it does feel like gravity is against you. Now that's a great e-ticket ride..if you haven't rode it, just keep your head back and eyes foward,plus the air conditioning helps so you should be okay,you can also try the non-spinning version if you want.

Afterwards I went to Soarin'. Wait time:1 hour and fastpasses were gone. Now the queue is confusing,if you decide to go solo take note:the first part of the queue is so wide,people might cut in front of you. Now after I made it to the pre-show(Patrick Warburton is so awesome,I swear I could hear Joe from "Family Guy"),I got row 3...it really didn't exactly thrill me that much for the first time(I got row 2 on EMH, more later) after it was over I heard this comment: "They should call it Snorin' ". :unsure: Well I left The Land pavilion not exactly impressed. Afterwards I got a Coke then stuck around for 10 minutes or so for some Illuminations near the bridge in international gateway,with some blocking trees. I decided to see the whole show on Thursday,so I make for the exit and boarded the ferry to the Boardwalk. Now I decided to go to Spoodle's if it was empty to waste 1 table service credit. Well..it was empty,so I walked right on in.

Mmm..Spoodle's was so good,the server(drat I have to write down all the names of the cast members who were incredible,I stink at remembering names)was exceptional. For appetizer I got the fried calamari(yum) and some italian bread with olive oil(yummy as well). For the main course I orderded a beef kabob with potatoes and rice..delicious. And for desert some vanilla ice cream. Afterwards I was so full.. I walked slowly toward the ferry to transfer for Coronado at MGM(no way I'm doing EMH today,I was so full). Bus took about 10 minutes and down the road was Coronado..I showered then got some sleep,tommorow I hit the Magic Kingdom. I'll keep posting,and thank you very much for reading this. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
sounds like a good day.

faline
03-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Arrriving and heading right off to a park! That's definitely the way to start off a trip!

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2007, 12:09 PM
You got a lot done at Epcot for a travel day. Sounds like you had a very nice meal at Spoodles. Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

Jennib
03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
That is funny what you said about that ride ' soarin'. My friend loved it but I thought it was just ok.
Great report!

pdrlkr
03-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2007, 01:53 AM
I love that single rider line for Test Track. We always use it and save loads of time. Epcot is my favorite too. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
thanx for sharing...good choice in parks..i would of went to epcot first also!! :mickey:

pogo
04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Great second day. :thumbsup:

And it pays to pace yourself and not try to do too much. I'm sure it helped you keep up the pace. :mickey:

Going to read day two. :D

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the report - love the EPCOT idea solo! :mickey:

larrybob
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for sharing!