PDA

View Full Version : 1 upgrade in each park

jclightchasr
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
If you had to choose one ride/attraction in each park to upgrade, totally change or revamp what would it be and what would you do? This is for new ideas only not bringing back old favorites.

MK: Grand Prix Raceway: put in a Cars Themed Dark Ride. There's plenty of space.

Epcot: Living with the Land: this ride bores me to tears I mean come on a vibrating buffalo. I don't know exactly what could be done but I would keep the themeing of agriculture of the future and make it more exciting than just a greenhouse tour.

MGM, and AK: Sorry Guys and Gals we rarely go here so lets hear from you on these.
Lets hear from all you budding imagineers out there.

firefan43
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
MK: space mountain. make it not boring.

Epcot: journey into imagination. the song has got to be one of the most annoying songs ever to make it into a ride (second only to the "great big beautiful tomorrow" song)

MGM: star tours: motion simulators were cutting edge in the 80's. I think its time to rip it down and make a cool "dark" ride out of it.

AK: ADD something. there just isnt enough there!

ParkMan
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Let's see...

MK - just fill in some of the open space in Tomorrow land. It just seemed a bit too empty to me last time we were there.

MGM - The studio tour (or whatever it's called now). I remember the days when the park first opened and it was much more fun. Now it just seems a bit of a shell of it's old self. Also, the same thing holds for the former animation tour. Everytime I visit it, I'm just saddened.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth. I love the sphere and have always enjoyed the ride, but it needs to be refreshed.

AK - Just add more stuff. It's a great park and the theming is teriffic, it just could use more.

EvilQueen2006
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
one of the most annoying songs ever to make it into a ride (second only to the "great big beautiful tomorrow" song)

blasphamy!

my picks;
MK- indy speedway, loud, stinky, waste of space. incorperate some environmentally friendly theme.
Epcot- fill the empty wonders of life pavillion. 2nd choice, replace the canada movie with a ride.
MGM- put in a good dark ride somewhere. maybe replacing the incredibly boring "sounds dangerous" attraction.
AK- update the conservation station area. Make it worthwhile to take the train ride all the way there.

WEDTOPIA
03-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Magic kingdom - Utilize the area where the old Skyway station used to be in Tomorrowland by building a good dark ride.

Epcot - Aside from the obvious of doing something with Wonders of Life , the Imagineers need to go back to the drawing board on the the Imagination ride and get it right , again.

Disney/MGM - Sounds Dangerous replacement is a definate ,but I'd like to see a permanent show put into the Superstar space even more.

Animal Kingdom - They need more stuff , but I'd love to see the Discovery boats back in action. This time with a real purpose and theme.

:mickey:

prttynpnk
03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
MK- I'd actually like to see the Dumbo ride queue changed- it's like a death march in the shadeless heat
HM is ready for a sprucing and technology upgrade

AK- I love you just as you are, but update the conservation station

Epcot- Wonders of life seems dead...

MGM- add new scenes to the Great Movie Ride

jpcns50
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Here goes nothin:

MK - I would love to see something done with HM, just to update and renew it. Love the ride, its a classic, just needs to be refreshed.

EPCOT - I think the Canada Movie could use some updating.

MGM - Get rid of Sounds Dangerous and add something new and different.

AK - Just add a new ride to the park some where.

SandmanGStefani24
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
MK-speedway (main priority should be to remove the rails!:mad: don't you just love the way they break your thumbs and wrists when you bump them?)

EPCOT-renovate Body Wars with digital loops and a modified motion mechanism and reopen it.

MGM-either rework the backlot or wipe the slate clean and add another attraction

AK-extend the safaris and make the journey longer

Figgyluv03
03-07-2007, 12:27 PM
MK - Update the Indy speedway with the Cars Theme.

Epcot - Add more stuff to the wonders of life and keep it open more that just seasonally.

MGM Stuidos - Definetely replace Sounds Dangerous and add more stuff in the studios that are not being used.

AK - Can't say much about this. I was there once, saw Tarzan Rocks and then left, so I can only say, bring back Tarzan Rocks.

Speedy1998
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
OK everyone read my entire post before you start screaming. If I could add new things to the parks this is what I would do.

MK: Remove the old Skyway building and COP (Blasphmey I know, but hold on). And put in a new cutting edge Thrill ride in the space that this would open up.

Epcot: Expand the Universe of Energy, possibly updating the original ride again, adding exhibits dealing with energy and put the COP in the new larger pavilion as a second ride.

MGM: Let's start by putting something in the building that is next to Sound's Dangerous. I am not even sure what it once was, but it seem like prime space that could have some sort of show in it.

AK: A new show called "The demolition of Dinoland" I bet they might even be able to sell tickets to the one time event. Then in the empty space they could build something that I can not experience at the local county fair.

Luv Eeyore
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
MK: Upgrade Space Mountain like they did at DL (redoing the Indy Speedway was a close second).

Epcot: Upgrade and reopen the Wonders of Life pavillion - we really miss it.

MGM: But for RNRC and ToT, I'd upgrade the entire park.

AK: I'd add more to the Conservation Station (I was torn between this and reinstating the Discovery boats with a real theme as suggested by WEDTOPIA). This is my favorite park and I'd love to see Disney do more with it so that others begin to love it as much as we do.

CraniumCommando
03-07-2007, 05:40 PM
MK: Update the Carousel of Progress. It's a favorite of mine, but instead of 1900, 1920, 1940, 2000 it could be 1900, 1940, 1980, 2007 or something like that.

EPCOT: Revamp Innoventions. Last time I visited I walked through it and remembered why I never go in there.

MGM: Replace or rework the Indy Jones stunt show.

AK: A slow touring ride would be nice, maybe a boat ride.

DisneyCrazyET
03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
MGM - New movie for Muppets keep the Muppets in it.
EPCOT - New movie for Honey I...
AK - New show for Indy or the Indy ride from DL
MK - Update the cars at the speedway I agree with Cars

Child of EPCOT
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
MK: Update the Carousel of Progress. It's a favorite of mine, but instead of 1900, 1920, 1940, 2000 it could be 1900, 1940, 1980, 2007 or something like that.

I had the exact same idea, but for one difference:

*Horizons was a sequel to CoP...
*The last scene of CoP is supposed to show us tomorrow... things we're on the verge of but don't quite have yet....

Make the last scene of CoP Horizons. Use some of the Horizons props and what not, but present it in the CoP fashion. Replace the Christmas music in the background with one of the background Horizons themes (perhaps the Aolean harp melody). Also, at the end, they could sing Horizons instead of IAGBBT again. They could even throw in a line by the father like "Now is the time for you to choose your tomorrow!" (two references in one line, plus it all fits).

Thoughts?

DisneyGRL7
03-08-2007, 08:01 PM
MK: Space Mountain will always be a classic no matter what, but it could definately use some updating

MGM: The Backlot Tour is kind of boring...

AK: I can't really think of a ride that needs to be updated just yet, but I think some dark rides would be a good addition, but could possibly take away from the atmosphere

Epcot: I think there should be more dark rides in the countries

frozman
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, with my recent visit to DL, lets say:

MK: Pirates, have a restaurant inside the ride building, like Blue Bayou, and have a second waterfall as well.

As for the other parks
Epcot: Soarin', make a film that's appropriate to have in Florida (whether it be one of FL, USA, or the World), additionally, I actually found this ride to be rather dissappointing after my like, 10th time on it. I couldn't get enough of it during my 05 visit, but on my 2006 visit it just seemed like an average ride, and on my visit to DL it just seemed very lame.

MGM Studios: Well, my vote would have to go to Tower of Terror, I'd love to see them add the mirror scene from California.

Animal Kingdom: Dinorama, get rid of it.

DREAMADREAM93
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
MK: space mountain. make it not boring.

Epcot: journey into imagination. the song has got to be one of the most annoying songs ever to make it into a ride (second only to the "great big beautiful tomorrow" song)

MGM: star tours: motion simulators were cutting edge in the 80's. I think its time to rip it down and make a cool "dark" ride out of it.

AK: ADD something. there just isnt enough there!

haha.
i have never seen a post i disagree with more.
Common, who doesn't like hear "One Little Spark" over and over?
Matter of factly, im listening to it right now :]

But hm, ...

Magic Kingdom -I think we need a Robin Hood ride. Correction ... i KNOW we do. Tom Sawyer Island would be the perfect place if it wasn't Tom Sawyer Island. Hey, there's an idea : get rid of it.

EPCOT - Bring back the OLD Journey into Imagination ride. And i mean the FIRST one. WITH Figment in it. But keep the song :mickey:

MGM - My favorite park ... 2 Words : Roger.Rabbit.

Animal Kingdom - I agree completely ... ADD something. Tarzan ride. ...? :]

- Jordan

huzzah4
03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
MK - Bring back the old management for the Enchanted Tiki Room, Zazu and Iago ruined the whole experience for me. That was always my favorite attraction as a child, and it sickens me that it had to be updated with more modern characters just so the kids would recognize it. What is so wrong about having an attraction that did not have a movie associated with it?

Epcot - I like the ride of Mission Space, but the story that goes with it is pretty lame. Revamp it so that it has a Star Wars theme, think X-Wings attacking the Death Star or fighting TIE Fighters. This is the logical progression of the motion simulator rides of the 1980's, and it would allow for them to tone the whole ride down a little for safety.

MGM - Since we now have a Star Wars ride in Epcot, the space in MGM would now be open for a new dark ride. Or, instead of closing the Indy stunt show, they could update and expand it into this area.

AK - Expand the Conservation Station. I know it would be impossible from a safety standpoint (both for the animals and the humans), but I would like to see more direct interaction with the animals. Barring that, I would like to see more Cast Members explaining and displaying the animals, and I would like to see more of the animals themselves.

dolphinmickey9170
03-09-2007, 12:39 AM
blasphamy!

my picks;
MK- indy speedway, loud, stinky, waste of space. incorperate some environmentally friendly theme. Amen
Epcot- fill the empty wonders of life pavillion. 2nd choice, replace the canada movie with a ride.
MGM- put in a good dark ride somewhere. maybe replacing the incredibly boring "sounds dangerous" attraction.
AK- update the conservation station area. Make it worthwhile to take the train ride all the way there. I so agree. I can see goats just down the street from my home at the farm.

OK everyone
Epcot: Expand the Universe of Energy, possibly updating the original ride again, adding exhibits dealing with energy and put the COP in the new larger pavilion as a second ride.

MGM: Let's start by putting something in the building that is next to Sound's Dangerous. I am not even sure what it once was, but it seem like prime space that could have some sort of show in it. This used to have a Doug Live! show. Do the kids even know who Doug is?

I love this place!!

DisneyNut2005
06-03-2007, 10:34 AM
MK - Bring back the old management for the Enchanted Tiki Room, Zazu and Iago ruined the whole experience for me. That was always my favorite attraction as a child, and it sickens me that it had to be updated with more modern characters just so the kids would recognize it. What is so wrong about having an attraction that did not have a movie associated with it?

Nothing is wrong. The new Tiki Room is awesome!

The old show is not coming back. It can still be seen at DL, though, which gives people like me reason to want to go to the other parks around the world.

Besides, this thread was created to express NEW ideas, not bring back old attractions.

LandFan
06-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Hmm...
MK: Indy cars - do a cars themed ride and make it environmentally friendly
EPCOT: WoL! Put something new in the building!
MGM: Fix the backlot tour - it really stinks now - start making real movies there or change the ride to something else
AK: add more to conservation station

:thumbsup:

StitchplusTink=STINK
06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
MK: refurbing HM is a must or getting rid of hall of presidents

Epcot:get rid of wonders of life.....BORING

MGM:get rid of sounds dangerous or adding more scenes to the great movie ride

AK:more rides. i know its all about animals but they"re disney imagineers for pete's sake!!!!!they can think of something and i know it will be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!