PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for newborn gifts

DNS
03-05-2007, 01:16 PM
My niece is expecting her first baby (a girl) shortly before we go to WDW. I would love to get some gifts at WDW that would be hard to get anywhere else. One thing I thought of was a Christmas ornament, maybe princess, and have her name and birth date painted on it. Can anyone think of anything else to get her? My niece loves Disney and I know she will be so appreciative of anything like this.

hooberry
03-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Great Idea:thumbsup: I would go with an ornament too, and how about a pair of mouse ears with the baby name embroidered on them:mickey:

Michigander
03-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I know this is not Disney but I always put together the "Baby's Healty, Wealthy and Wise" start in Life Basket.
I put inthings to keep baby Healthy or things that go along with health.
I buy a piggy bank and start baby off with a few dollars in change or a saving account setup for the wealthy part
and then I add several books and toys that will help baby learn in life. I just have fun with it. I make up a little write up to explain what I'm giving to baby naming some of the items in each part on a little scroll of paper and tie it up with a ribbion and use that as my card. I put all the items in a basket and wrap it with netting and tie a bow to the top. So far it's always gotten a big smile and many thanks from the new mom to be.

Piglet822
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM
In WOD there is a small section of the store devoted to infants. Perhaps you could find something there.

KAT1811
03-07-2007, 09:08 AM
My parents took our oldest DD to WDW when I was pregnant with DD#2 and she insisted on spending almost all of her money on gifts for her new little sister (there are 8 years inbetween them). She brought home an adorable disney outfit, a bib, a rattle, a baby Minnie stuffed animal. There really is quite a bit dedicated to the smallest of Disney fans. I love the ornament idea. We have Mickey head shaped ornaments with each girls name on it. This year we need to get another for DD#3! I'm sure whatever you get your niece she'll love!!!

Christine
03-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh I definitely second the idea of a pair of ears embroidered with her name!

You gotta start these kids off right! :mickey:

DNS
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I love all of these ideas! Thank you all so much. I have a question about the ears though. Where do you have them embroidered?

GreenBeetle
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I know some folks who received shares of Disney Stock for their newborn. If you can afford it, what a great gift!!

spoonfulosugar
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM
You could do a cute Disney bath towel set with her name embroidered on it too...I know there's a shop at DTD and in MGM that does this.

casey@bat
03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I know this is not Disney but I always put together the "Baby's Healty, Wealthy and Wise" start in Life Basket.
I put inthings to keep baby Healthy or things that go along with health.
I buy a piggy bank and start baby off with a few dollars in change or a saving account setup for the wealthy part
and then I add several books and toys that will help baby learn in life. I just have fun with it. I make up a little write up to explain what I'm giving to baby naming some of the items in each part on a little scroll of paper and tie it up with a ribbion and use that as my card. I put all the items in a basket and wrap it with netting and tie a bow to the top. So far it's always gotten a big smile and many thanks from the new mom to be.

It could be disney! Disney piggy bank, Disney books, Disney tooth brush and now they have Disney snacks. You would need to check the date since it would be a while until the baby could eat them.

mickeys_princess
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
I think you should get a Disney bank and put a few Disney dollars in it to start helping her save for her first trip.

KAT1811
03-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I was talking about this thread to my mother last night. About how wonderful it was that you think so much of your niece you want to do something this special and put so much thought into it. I can't tell you how fabulous I think that is. I have a VERY close family, small but close (we are all traveling to WDW together this year) and my aunt was my matron of honor when I got married. She, my mother and I are best friends. Well anyway getting back on track here, I was telling her you were looking for something special to get your soon to be arriving great-niece and she suggested starting a snow globe collection for her. That way for holidays, birthdays, or just souveniers from your trips you can collect them for her and she'll always remember that you started the tradition. Then when she is old enough you can have her pick her own with you in WDW! My father started the tradition with our oldest DD. Now that's a her and Poppy thing (Nanny is sacred in our home and Poppy often feels left out.)

Anyway, once again I think it is wonderful that you're going through this much trouble to make sure you get your niece something special for her new baby.

celestesmommie
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
My typical WDW newborn gift:
I get a storybook, The My First Disney Bear from World of Disney(He is so Soft), the baby's first set of Ears, one of those rattle balls and an Xmas ornament. I usually but them all in a basket and make the bear wear the ears. It goes over very well with my family and friends.

casey@bat
03-08-2007, 05:11 PM
My typical WDW newborn gift:
I get a storybook, The My First Disney Bear from World of Disney(He is so Soft),.

That is a wonderful idea! I saw those when we were there in December! I almost got one for my niece, Maggie (JasonHook's daughter), due Apr. 25th. Sorry Jason, I didn't get it for her, maybe next time!

Nicki'sMom
04-24-2007, 09:30 PM
I bought both my girlfriend's who were pregnant at the time we went last year a baby Minnie and Mickey rattle. I got them at Once Upon a Toy and they are pastel pink and blue. Adorable!

DNS
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I've made a list of all of these great ideas and plan to do as much as I can with it. Thank you all very much!

thrillme
04-25-2007, 01:59 PM
My neighbor had a baby when we were away at Disney one year. I brought her back a cute little baby pooh outfit complete with a little hoodie with pooh ears.

merlinmagic4
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I love all the ideas!! My first thought was a piggy bank, though! Never too early for a Disney fund (forget college ;) ). I also really like the Christmas ornament idea and the "Healthy Wealthy and Wise" basket. I'll use that one myself someday!

maizey05
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I was pregnant last year during our trip to DW. I spent my entire souvenier budget on baby! I bought a mickey rattle, a ball what makes noise, with mickey on top, numerous outfitts (he's 3 months now, and looks oh, so cute in them), a storybook called "Disney's Family Story Collection (I highly recommend that one), and a baby Dumbo picture frame. Many times when I found something for our son, I would get all weepy and teary eyed, (thanks hormones). I will never forget that trip, and picking out so many neat gifts for our little boy.

biodtl
04-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I think the ornament is a great idea. The artists that personalize them in downtown disney do an absolutely beautiful job - you could even get the name/date/weight, etc

Keep in mind that if you do this, do it early in your trip, because they get backed up.