PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Follow the Green Bunny

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Let's see if we can get this one past St. Patty's day and Easter.

Did everybody enjoy the jellybeans and green:beer: ? Does anybody need some, uh, assistance getting off the plane. Does anybody actually see a green bunny? Does anybody need the services of DDTS? (Drummerboy Discount Detox Services).

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Great flight Ken! Couldn't we get another movie than "Leprechaun in the Hood" ? I'll have night terrors for a week! Christine's "Barnyard" was a good one!

Mikki -- The Peter Cottontail song goes on to tell us that there will be jellybeans for Tommy and Coloured eggs for sister Sue -- There's an Orchid for your Mommy and an Easter Bonnet too! Personally, I'd rather have some Cadbury Mini-Eggs :tasty:.

Ellen -- I rarely want to eat meat....but when I have a hankering for it -- I always give in! My theory is that your body is craving the iron (and AB- !). Ken....there may be a Detox requirement in Brooklyn!

The cold wind has moved in here already! I got to my office from the train in half the time with the "tail" wind I had!!

Are all the invalids from last week in good repair today?

Christine
03-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Nice flight, Ken. I think I lost a crown munching on those jellybeans though :sick: ...
may be time to see DD-DDS!

I don't think I need the detox service though...I always see green bunnies. Is that bad????

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Did everybody enjoy the jellybeans and green:beer: ? Does anybody need some, uh, assistance getting off the plane. Does anybody actually see a green bunny? Does anybody need the services of DDTS? (Drummerboy Discount Detox Services).

Um, is my heart monitor suppossed to be beeping hysterically? Was it the flight or the jelly beans I wonder?

Me and my monitor are getting along pretty good. It's a bit annoying at night... the cords are not real long so I'm basically laying the monitor in bed next to me and hoping to not crush it in my sleep. My doggies don't like the beeps it makes when I play back on the phone to the monitoring company. I am still having palpitations. And I've been caffeine and chocolate free since last Tuesday - so it should be out of my system by now... if not, maybe I'll have to try DD Detox System.

No green bunnies here.... but I see lots of Blue Aliens on my desk ....

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 09:32 AM
You mean the green bunnies weren't the flight attendants? Uh oh

(We have a new thread. We have a new thread! :D )

Jenn, you know the whole song? I'm impressed! :thumbsup:

I might have some fun news later today. Anyone want to know what it has to do with? (Hint: it's bigger than a breadbox.)

Oh, fresh pot of coffee is done for anyone who'd like some. Who's got cookies?

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Me and my monitor are getting along pretty good.
Did you give it a name yet? My Vac dressing machine's name was Snorty.

No green bunnies here.... but I see lots of Blue Aliens on my desk ....
Hmmmm. I wonder why :razz: (Is there room for a keyboard on that desk?)

Oh, and there's some nice hot decaf for you too!

Christine
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I might have some fun news later today. Anyone want to know what it has to do with? (Hint: it's bigger than a breadbox.)

Do tell! Is it a whole pantry???

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Jenn, you know the whole song? I'm impressed! :thumbsup: ?My dad has tought me every single nonsensical song ever written....My mom has taught me ever single kiddie song ever written .... and Mitch Miller taught me the rest. Any requests?

I might have some fun news later today. Anyone want to know what it has to do with? (Hint: it's bigger than a breadbox.) Is it a new RV for Ken's DW? Is it a spaceship?

Oh, fresh pot of coffee is done for anyone who'd like some. Who's got cookies? I just got a cup -- No cookies, but I made Crepes for dessert last night. There are some left which are nice with lemon and Icing sugar. Anyone want one? :eat:

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Bigger than a pantry, but it has a pantry. Bigger than an RV, though you could use one to get to it. Not a spaceship but wouldn't that be fun! :alien:

Crepes sound LOVELY! May I please have one?

offwego
03-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Bigger than a pantry, but it has a pantry. Bigger than an RV, though you could use one to get to it. Not a spaceship but wouldn't that be fun! :alien:

A house? To put all you new equipment in?

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 10:11 AM
A house? To put all you new equipment in?
Don't I wish! May I have some of what you're having? :cool:

Nat, what's the shoe report today?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Here you go. Is that enough powdered sugar? Don't breathe in whilst you are putting it in your mouth...(think beignets!)

A house? To put all you new equipment in? Or to put up your JQ friends? :D

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Did you give it a name yet? My Vac dressing machine's name was Snorty.

Hmmmm. I wonder why :razz: (Is there room for a keyboard on that desk?)

Oh, and there's some nice hot decaf for you too!

Hmm... a name? How about "Frankie"? My thinking - the monitor checks my heart as it throbs - and Frankie was a major heart throb back in his day... what do you think?

Yeah, I am able to squeeze a keyboard onto my desk, but the piles of work will have to go. They are taking up precious Stitch space! :D
Hmmm... can I skip the decaf coffee and have some hot decaf green tea?

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Hmm... a name? How about "Frankie"?
:( :confused:
How could you not use "Drummerboy" for something that monitors the thumpings of your heart? I'm crushed.

I finally got things straightened out so I can log in at work. Aren't you all excited? I can harass you all day now.

dlpmikki
03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Great flight Ken!

Mikki -- The Peter Cottontail song goes on to tell us that there will be jellybeans for Tommy and Coloured eggs for sister Sue -- There's an Orchid for your Mommy and an Easter Bonnet too! Personally, I'd rather have some Cadbury Mini-Eggs :tasty:.

Your Easter Bunnies are rather odder than our Easter bunnies! Not sure what the fascination with green is? Ken - didn't like the green stuff, can we have dull brown next flight?

Is it a holiday home /cabin? Or a Caravan (do you have those in the US?)

Nascfan
03-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Good morning JQ friends! Did everyone have a good weekend?

Ken, of course we can make this thread last until after Easter. It'll just be about a hundred pages, that's all. :D

So it's not a new house, has a pantry. A yacht?

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 10:29 AM
By the way, I'm usually kind of a "silent" laugher, but I've come close to laughing out loud at this morning's posts. Only thing stopping me is me partner's office's proximity to my office (we usually keep our doors open unless we have clients in).

Sandy--Do you have to add the "ny" to my name? Your jersey is showing through with that one. Repeat after me: "I live in FLorida now, I will not add "ny" to people's first names. I will also not ask them 'What exit?'"

OK, how much more trouble can I get into until my late client gets here?

Oh, I've restocked the question pantry for the new thread.

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 10:32 AM
So it's not a new house, has a pantry. A yacht?

DVC?

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 10:50 AM
For all interested parties.... here's the full Peter Cottontail song...

:piano: Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
Hippity hoppin', Easter's on its way
Bringin' ev'ry girl and boy
A basketful of Easter joy
Things to make your Easter Bright and gay

He's got jelly beans for Tommy
Colored eggs for sister Sue
There's an orchid for your mommy
And an Easter bonnet too.

Oh! Here' comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity Happy Easter Day

Look at him hop and listen to him say,
"Try to do the things you should"
Maybe if you're extra good
He'll roll lots of Easter eggs your way

You'll wake up on Easter morning
And you'll know that he was there
When you find those choc'late bunnies
That he's hiding ev´rywhere,

Oh! Here' comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity Happy Easter Day. :dance:

(reaching onto the shelf again...) "Where's the beef?"

Gosh, does it seem like we are getting a bit hard up for questions?

Nascfan
03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Oooo DVC, good one Ken! Now, where did Ellen take off too?

Who's in the lead for the race to 3,000?

offwego
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't I wish! May I have some of what you're having? :cool:

Nat, what's the shoe report today?
red with grommets 2 inch heel

:( :confused:
How could you not use "Drummerboy" for something that monitors the thumpings of your heart? I'm crushed.

I finally got things straightened out so I can log in at work. Aren't you all excited? I can harass you all day now.
Yes as a matter of fact we are

By the way, I'm usually kind of a "silent" laugher, but I've come close to laughing out loud at this morning's posts. Only thing stopping me is me partner's office's proximity to my office (we usually keep our doors open unless we have clients in).

Um don't your clients want privacy??

Sandy--Do you have to add the "ny" to my name? Your jersey is showing through with that one. Repeat after me: "I live in FLorida now, I will not add "ny" to people's first names. I will also not ask them 'What exit?'"

OK, how much more trouble can I get into until my late client gets here? So that's an estate deal then right??

Oh, I've restocked the question pantry for the new thread.

There are questions in there for Ken but I buried them in the post. That counts right?

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 11:36 AM
You know Nat, about the time I hit the post button, I thought, "I should have said...until my client, who is late, gets here". If it was actually the late estate client, I'd probably make a new door trying to get out.

Just for providing the laugh, I'll clue you in to the secret really-good-question hiding place (everybody else close your eyes). It's on the upper shelf of the pantry, on the far right behind the stale cookies.

Guess I'll have to resort to a mundane question. Let's see. Having a nice day?

offwego
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks Ken...how did anyone here get stale cookies though?

Mind you I did (insert gasp of horror) through out about 2 dozen extra christmas cookies. (sorry Alex)

So when is Ellen coming back to clue us in on her seceret?

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
It's on the upper shelf of the pantry, on the far right behind the stale cookies.

We have STALE cookies here? :jaw: Are you sure you are hiding those good questions in the correct thread? Or is Alex and Scott slipping?

Ok Ken, you have guilted me into changing the name of my monitor... from hence forth, in Ken's honor it will be called "Frankie Drummerboy". There - does that put a smile on your face?

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 12:29 PM
We have STALE cookies here? :jaw: Are you sure you are hiding those good questions in the correct thread? Or is Alex and Scott slipping?

Ok Ken, you have guilted me into changing the name of my monitor... from hence forth, in Ken's honor it will be called "Frankie Drummerboy". There - does that put a smile on your face?
You were aaaaalmost in trouble for opening your eyes and seeing the secret hiding place, but you've exhonerated yourself. You've brought a tear to my eye. Or was that the mace from last night....?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 01:06 PM
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it -- does it still make a noise?

offwego
03-05-2007, 01:14 PM
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it -- does it still make a noise?

Yes...cause whats a forest with out nuts? and thus chimpunks? :dale: :chip:

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 01:17 PM
You were aaaaalmost in trouble for opening your eyes and seeing the secret hiding place, but you've exhonerated yourself. You've brought a tear to my eye. Or was that the mace from last night....?

Here (holding out a Kleenex). I thought I saw someone dressed in Leiderhousen on the news this AM... something about refusing to move a RV that his neighbors were complaining about. They showed the RV - it was covered with stickers from England, WDW, Australia, and one that read "Great Danes are the Greatest"...

(reaching onto shelf for question) "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?"

Jasper
03-05-2007, 01:28 PM

Are you expecting? A baby may not be bigger than a bread box at birth but they quickly make up that difference!

Jasper
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Oooo DVC, good one Ken! Now, where did Ellen take off too?

Who's in the lead for the race to 3,000?

One guess and I can tell you it isn't me!! I had way to much going on this weekend to spend anytime on the boards so I slipped WAY off the mark! Can't say I am real surpised, how about you?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes...cause whats a forest with out nuts? and thus chimpunks? :dale: :chip:
Squirrelly (like us :D ) ?

:hi: Jasper!

Nascfan
03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Allright, who let the cookies stay around long enough they got stale? I can assure you, if Alex or I would've known about them, that would NOT have been a problem.

If a man speaks in the forest, and his wife doesn't hear him, is he still wrong?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 01:37 PM
If a man speaks in the forest, and his wife doesn't hear him, is he still wrong?
That's a rhetorical question, correct? ;)

offwego
03-05-2007, 01:38 PM

Yes. And ladies should we even let this count as a question? And what on earth is the man doing in the first place talking to his wife if she's not there?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Yes. And ladies should we even let this count as a question? And what on earth is the man doing in the first place talking to his wife if she's not there?
There really is no question is there Nat. Good point. He needs help.

When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?

Jasper
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Allright, who let the cookies stay around long enough they got stale? I can assure you, if Alex or I would've known about them, that would NOT have been a problem.

Cookies!! Cookies!!! You people had cookies left and didn't tell us? I may just take my Nair and go home if that is how you all are going to play!:mad: Just kidding, but do you have any Girl Scout Thin Mints? I just love them! The cookies, not the Girls Scouts!

And you all thought I was going to make a comment about the wife question didn't you?

Actually, I was but I just couldn't think of anything to say because my wife wasn't here to tell me what to think!!!:D :D :D

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
And what on earth is the man doing in the first place talking to his wife if she's not there?
Wasn't she absent because trees a crowd?

Nascfan
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Ladies, I need help in so many ways, but that's a different subject entirely. :D

And yes it was rhetorical, and just in case, I made sure to cover myself by asking two questions in my post.

Psst, Jasper, hurry and post while Christine's not here. I've got 10 bucks riding on you to hit 3k first. Of course, I've got 20 on Christine, so I guess it doesn't really matter does it? ;)

(passing Thin Mints to Jasper) They just came in today here at work. My favorite too!

offwego
03-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Are you expecting? A baby may not be bigger than a bread box at birth but they quickly make up that difference!

Um didn't Ellen say it came with a pantry? It's been a while but I'm pretty sure DS didn't come with cupboards of any kind.

Oh and Mikki I'm pretty sure a "caravan" and an "rv" are the same thing but as they both involve camping I'm none to sure. (frankly the fact that the mods don't have roomservice has always caused my family to tease me unmercifully about lowering my normal standards I just don't do camping...my heels would sink in all that dirt)

Jasper
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Ladies, I need help in so many ways, but that's a different subject entirely.

Psst, Jasper, hurry and post while Christine's not here. I've got 10 bucks riding on you to hit 3k first. Of course, I've got 20 on Christine, so I guess it doesn't really matter does it? ;)

Whether a man needs help is all a matter of opinion! Of course, I didn't clear that comment with my wife first so I may need help with it!

I see how you are, you pretend to support your male counterparts but you still give more to the women don't you?

So I guess that makes you the smart one?

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Well it does mean his hairdo is frequently less tampered with.

Oh and Jen I'm more partial to the blue ones.

And what are these girl guide cookies you are all going on about? the only ones we ever seem to see are faux oreos.

Jasper
03-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Um didn't Ellen say it came with a pantry? It's been a while but I'm pretty sure DS didn't come with cupboards of any kind.
I just don't do camping...my heels would sink in all that dirt)

You will find that I am an off the cuff responder! When I see a comment I respond to it right away. The only downside to that is that sometimes there are things said after that which makes my response seem a bit strange.

But hey, if she gives birth to a kangaroo it would come with its own built in cupboard wouldn't it?

Nascfan
03-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Just covering my bases my friend. :D

You guys don't have Girl Scouts up...over...across the lake there Nat? Here have a Thin Mint, chocolate mint cookie covered with chocolate. Oh, and I've got Tagalongs too, a shortbread type with a dolop of peanut butter in the center, covered in chocolate.

Jasper
03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Well it does mean his hairdo is frequently less tampered with.

And what are these girl guide cookies you are all going on about? the only ones we ever seem to see are faux oreos.

AHHH, the glory of having very little hair!!

I don't have much hair to begin with and what little I do have is poker straight so I just keep what little I have buzzed short. That's why I don't fear your Nair or waxing threats!! Guess you will have to find something worse?

I may be mistaken, but aren't the American Girl Scouts and Canadian Girl Guides the same organization just with different names? Of course, that doesn't mean we get the same cookies in both countries.

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
You will find that I am an off the cuff responder! When I see a comment I respond to it right away. The only downside to that is that sometimes there are things said after that which makes my response seem a bit strange.

But hey, if she gives birth to a kangaroo it would come with its own built in cupboard wouldn't it?
Isn't that more like a purse?

Just covering my bases my friend. :D

You guys don't have Girl Scouts up...over...across the lake there Nat? Here have a Thin Mint, chocolate mint cookie covered with chocolate. Oh, and I've got Tagalongs too, a shortbread type with a dolop of peanut butter in the center, covered in chocolate.
We have girl scouts but they only push a kind oreo looking thing sometimes in a mint choc. covered covering (again like an oreo).

That bit about where I am sure is odd isn't it?

Did you guys all see that coverege on the dude from Detroit? That was way creepy. (and dh gets mad at me cause I don't get jelaous maybe I should make him read the papers more?)

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:33 PM
That's why I don't fear your Nair or waxing threats!! Guess you will have to find something worse?

I may be mistaken, but aren't the American Girl Scouts and Canadian Girl Guides the same organization just with different names? Of course, that doesn't mean we get the same cookies in both countries.

yes your right about the girl scouts thing.

Jasper I remember you have a bad back so we won't threaten that...but you do have legs don't you?

and arms?

are they also victims of this poker straight buzz cut?

Jasper
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Isn't that more like a purse?

Did you guys all see that coverege on the dude from Detroit? That was way creepy. (and dh gets mad at me cause I don't get jelaous maybe I should make him read the papers more?)

I guess it depends on what you keep in your purse or cupboard wouldn't it?

I must have missed the Detroit thing, can you share it on this site?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
We have girl scouts but they only push a kind oreo looking thing sometimes in a mint choc. covered covering (again like an oreo). They are Girl Guides -- not scouts. Horrid oreo copies are in the spring, Horrid mint cookies are in the fall. Remember that line in "The Addams Family" when Wednesday asked the Girl Scout selling cookies if they were made with real Girl Scouts? Hilarious movie!

Did you guys all see that coverege on the dude from Detroit? That was way creepy. (and dh gets mad at me cause I don't get jelaous maybe I should make him read the papers more?) Do tell....what dude in Detroit?

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Do tell....what dude in Detroit?

I guess it depends on what you keep in your purse or cupboard wouldn't it?

I must have missed the Detroit thing, can you share it on this site?

Well I've never put the kid in a purse or a cupboard so not sure on that one. OH no I forgot a question. Has everyone put their cookies down first?

The dude is well seriously sick (think like Scott Peterson ish sick). Google Grant and Macomb county (or go see cnn) and you'll see what I mean. But they were chasing him all over this weekend which meant endless news flashes.

Nascfan
03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Dude in Detroit? What dude in Detroit?

Edited to add: Ewwwww!

Jasper
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
but you do have legs don't you?and arms?
are they also victims of this poker straight buzz cut?

Hmmmm, no they aren't, but now that you mention it that could be an interesting look don't you think?

I may have to try it and see what my wife says when she gets home. Anyone else think she will have a major cow?

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Hmmmm, no they aren't, but now that you mention it that could be an interesting look don't you think?

I may have to try it and see what my wife says when she gets home. Anyone else think she will have a major cow?

As apposed to a minor cow? what would a minor cow look like anyway?

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 02:47 PM
The dude is well seriously sick (think like Scott Peterson ish sick). Google Grant and Macomb county (or go see cnn) and you'll see what I mean. But they were chasing him all over this weekend which meant endless news flashes.
Very nice Nat. Thanks for sharing that human interest story with us! Why did they go looking for him? I would have left him rurnning in the wild surrounded by snowed in hungry groundhogs and such!

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Very nice Nat. Thanks for sharing that human interest story with us! Why did they go looking for him? I would have left him rurnning in the wild surrounded by snowed in hungry groundhogs and such!

While that seems like a good idea...I'm guessing that would be even tougher to explain to her two poor kiddos.

But I'm thinking hungry fire ants or something no? At least he had no shoes somehow or other.

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
But I'm thinking hungry fire ants or something no? At least he had no shoes somehow or other.
We were attacked by fire ants at the Poly pool last August. It wasn't nice.

I need a question " When do you feel the generation gap the most?" :confused:

Jasper
03-05-2007, 03:02 PM
As apposed to a minor cow? what would a minor cow look like anyway?

A minor cow would also be called a calf!

Or if you prefer, a major cow has more stripes and a minor cow is called a private.

Or, a minor cow is the one in a hard hat and shovel who is headed down the elevator shaft!

HMMM, that's all I can come up with right now.

By the way, I did look up the Detroit dude thing and I just have to echo the other comments already made!! EWWWWW!!!

I am not normally a fan of the death penalty, but I think at times like this I could be persuaded to change my opinion!

Isn't it amazing that it is always the ones you least suspect?

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Hmmm... can I skip the decaf coffee and have some hot decaf green tea?
Just put some up before opening the thread. How Twilight Zone of us! Do you want Splenda, honey or sugar? Sorry, you'll have to do with a Mickey or Pooh mug... we don't have any :stitch: mugs. (I'll have to remedy that our next trip, k?)

Yes, we are. And, btw, I regularly laugh at loud at the comments on this thread. You all provide my laughter therapy for the day! Who says the JQ group doesn't do community service?

So it's not a new house, has a pantry. A yacht?\
Getting warm!

DVC?
Sorry... been there, done that. Have the mortgage payments to show for it.

(reaching onto the shelf again...) "Where's the beef?"
At least it wasn't "Who wants rabbit stew?"

:rotfl: Biologically impossible! :blush:

Super creepy. I feel for the kids

Oh good, she can have the cow. I'll be in the next bed having the kangaroo. So does anyone have good baby names for the new arrivals?

Where's Alex? And Riri?

Nat, you'll be proud of me today. I'm trying to think with my budget and not my whims. :goodbad:

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Did you buy a new car?

Ellen -- you are a little more :thedolls: today than :angel: .

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Did you buy a new car?
No, we still have Mr. Morrow. But he's such a good car that it will be a while before we change him for a new car.

Could that be the effect of working on my spreadsheets all day? Back to Excel-land!

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Just put some up before opening the thread. How Twilight Zone of us! Do you want Splenda, honey or sugar? Sorry, you'll have to do with a Mickey or Pooh mug... we don't have any :stitch: mugs. (I'll have to remedy that our next trip, k?)

I have a couple of Stitch mugs - so I'll just use one, thanks. Oh, and I'll take it with honey please! Yumm!

I don't think she's gonna tell us. Think the threat of a Nair treatment will get it out of her?

Jasper
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Nat, you'll be proud of me today. I'm trying to think with my budget and not my whims. :goodbad:

Ok, thinking with your budget may make your banker happy, but where's the fun in that?

Aren't we all suppose to be in hock up to our ears? That's what the government and banking cabal want isn't it?

offwego
03-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Ok, thinking with your budget may make your banker happy, but where's the fun in that?

Aren't we all suppose to be in hock up to our ears? That's what the government and banking cabal want isn't it?
Um no...with the current spread being better on deposit money I would prefer that my clients keep it on deposit with me...I'm not adverse to lending it out and all but you should have some too. Better yet offer me cash security ok? Oh and I charge you a fee to lend you money or to deposit it you do know that right? (insert evil laugh track here)

I don't think she's gonna tell us. Think the threat of a Nair treatment will get it out of her?

Could we just tickle her??

Jasper
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Um no...with the current spread being better on deposit money I would prefer that my clients keep it on deposit with me...I'm not adverse to lending it out and all but you should have some too. Better yet offer me cash security ok? Oh and I charge you a fee to lend you money or to deposit it you do know that right? (insert evil laugh track here)

Ummmm. . . maybe I will just go back to stashing what little money I have under the mattress or bury it in a mason jar in the back yard. Believe me, with what little I have it would only take a pint jar, not a quart jar!!

Oh, let's what to do for a question? How about how come you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

dlpmikki
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Oh, let's what to do for a question? How about how come you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Answer: Only in America! :thedolls:

Do you think my guess was so dumb that Ellen just ignored it? :(

Hey Jasper - are you going to have a chance to overtake whiel Christine is enjoying herself in WDW?

And ladies - I think we have Nair'ed enough. Isn't it time to move on to epilation? :thedolls: :thedolls:

offwego
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Ummmm. . . maybe I will just go back to stashing what little money I have under the mattress or bury it in a mason jar in the back yard. Believe me, with what little I have it would only take a pint jar, not a quart jar!!

Ok but it takes me longer to get it from you that way...I have to wait till you try to use it as money.

Answer: Only in America! :thedolls:

Hey Jasper - are you going to have a chance to overtake whiel Christine is enjoying herself in WDW?

And ladies - I think we have Nair'ed enough. Isn't it time to move on to epilation? :thedolls: :thedolls:

Didn't you guess a Caravan Mikki? I think that's the same as an RV and she said it wasn't that.

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
[Runs to hide DW's old Epilady] No no, Nair's fine.

Let's see: "You're how old?" Oops, meant to throw that one out during the cleanup.

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Is anyone else ready to go home?

dlpmikki
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I think I cheated and went for two guesses with the other option being a cabin or some such :blush:

Just for info caravans are towed by a car - don't you actually drive RVs? Otherwise I suspect they are very similar.

offwego
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
[Runs to hide DW's old Epilady] No no, Nair's fine.

Let's see: "You're how old?" Oops, meant to throw that one out during the cleanup.
An old one? that's even better!!!

Is anyone else ready to go home?

Di don't leave now Ken has new equipment for us!!

offwego
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I think I cheated and went for two guesses with the other option being a cabin or some such :blush:

Just for info caravans are towed by a car - don't you actually drive RVs? Otherwise I suspect they are very similar.

Ah...similiar idea...RV's often tow cars afterall.

I think we call those campers. Since she hasn't told us I'm not sure. She might have just been eliminating the clear not going to happen ones first.

disneydrmr
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
An old one? that's even better!!!

Di don't leave now Ken has new equipment for us!!

Oh yeah! An old epilady! That means the blade is dull - so that means more pulling and tugging and knicks! Ok, I'll hang out around here a bit longer.

(reaching for the shelf) "Do you care enough to send the very best? If so, buy from Drummerboy's Discount Greeting Cards..."

Um, Ken, I thought advertising was against Intercot rules? :D

offwego
03-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I think DD and it's subs are sponsers. (but the button keeps moving)

Isn't that it Ken?

Mind you all the other sponsers deliver really topnotch service so mayhap I'm confused?

drummerboy
03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah! An old epilady! That means the blade is dull - so that means more pulling and tugging and knicks! Ok, I'll hang out around here a bit longer.

(reaching for the shelf) "Do you care enough to send the very best? If so, buy from Drummerboy's Discount Greeting Cards..."

Um, Ken, I thought advertising was against Intercot rules? :D
[Cuts cord off of old Epilady]
Ummm...advertising, what advertising? That was just a suggestion. Just one of the many fine places you can find greeting cards.

Christine
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Whew...just got home from work and picking up DD from school.

Okay, so in the four pages since I left this morning, we still don't know Ellen's surprise???

Ellen, are you booking a cruise???

Jasper, I was a chatterbox this weekend, wasn't I??? Don't worry, as Mikki said, I am sure you will probably leave me in the dust next week when I am in Disney!

What's for dinner tonight??

dlpmikki
03-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Well, dinner is already over here but I am planning the menu for lunch tomorrow as I have guests:

Asparagus and pecorino cheese wrapped in parma ham and baked as a starter

Stirfried Chicken and Banana in a cream sauce with rice for the main course and

Rhubarb fool / trifle

How does that sound? With coffee and mints to follow of course!

Jasper
Jasper, I was a chatterbox this weekend, wasn't I??? Don't worry, as Mikki said, I am sure you will probably leave me in the dust next week when I am in Disney!

SO, when exactly are you leaving again?

By the way, I will gladly throw the race if you take me with you, at your expense of course!! Think you can swing it?

I think the new thing is a kitchen remodal.

offwego
Pork roast in an apricot ginger sauce, apple mashed potatoes and I think either carrots or green beans.

How about everyone else?

drummerboy
Hot dogs. Dunno what else. You?

offwego
03-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Well, dinner is already over here but I am planning the menu for lunch tomorrow as I have guests:

Rhubarb fool / trifle

That sounds yummy. Have you ever tried tucking a cherry tomato in with the aspargus? really tasty with the parma ham.

And are you making trifle and fool? that's a lot of dessert!!

yuck

Jasper
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM

Rhubarb fool / trifle

Pork roast in an apricot ginger sauce, apple mashed potatoes and I think either carrots or green beans.
?

Can I come live with you guys? My wife thinks a four course meal is driving through McDonald's more than once!

I will probably have some cottage cheese or a string cheese for dinner this evening!

Jasper
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM

yuck

A trifle and a fool, those are desserts?

And here I always thought they were just things my wife called me!

offwego
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Jasper there's pie too. Lemon merangue. (ok I can cook but can't spell forgive me?)

Didn't you know in addtion to being an evil banker I love to cook?

Tommorow is perch in a scalloped potoato sauce with chedder cheese. (and of course the potatoes).

And Wed is tortellini with a red pepper tomato sauce. Thurs is meatloaf (hey DS loves it) with garlic mashed potatoes and salad.

I love the veggies though and do stuff like bok choy, nappa cabbage, snow peas etc all the time so you'd kinda have to adapt to that if that's ok.

Christine
03-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Rhubarb fool / trifle

I only recognized about four of those words! :confused: :blush:

SO, when exactly are you leaving again?

By the way, I will gladly throw the race if you take me with you, at your expense of course!! Think you can swing it?

I'm leaving Monday to spend the night in Dallas, then Tuesday I fly out to WDW at 6am!

While I would love to take you with me...I must resist...I think you and my husband would be too much for me to handle!!

Again, I have no idea what most of these dishes are!:confused: :blush:

NOW you're speaking my language! I think we will have either Catfish King or Sonic...

Which would you choose?

dlpmikki
03-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Can I come live with you guys? My wife thinks a four course meal is driving through McDonald's more than once!

I will probably have some cottage cheese or a string cheese for dinner this evening!
Interesting - the multi quotes come in the order you press them! Do you really want to come and live in England in a house with a working epilator? :thedolls:

That sounds yummy. Have you ever tried tucking a cherry tomato in with the aspargus? really tasty with the parma ham.

Not tried the cheery tomato but I think i have some in the house - may improvise as I go! :thumbsup: The trifle / fool is all one dish. It's a kind of combination. never made it before so we will just have to see. The only preparation I did today was roasting the rhubarb. Does sound as weird to you as it does to me? :D

offwego
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
A trifle and a fool, those are desserts?

And here I always thought they were just things my wife called me!

yep!! A fool is whipped cream with fruit pureed fruit folded in (as in so easy any fool can make it).

A trifle is cake/lady fingers often sprinkled with sherry/rum or other spirit layered with custard (always) sometimes spread with Jam (often) and topped with cream and fruit (the fruit can very but often berries rasberries but my MIL always uses peaches my grandma always used rasberries).

A fool should never be trifled with though. (however I think it might taste pretty good what do you think?)

offwego
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Christine mines simple. I did the pork roast in the slow cooker with the following

Aprox 1/2 cup gingerale
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 apricot jam
1 teaspoon or more hot sauce
2 tbls brown sugar
2 tbls mollases (skip the brown sugar if use sweet jam but mine was an all fruit deal)

put in slow cooker till done.

for the apple mash peel one apple toss in for ever 2-3 potatoes mash as normal.

See not so hard!

Your ok with the carrots right? (kidding)

Christine
03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Christine mines simple. I did the pork roast in the slow cooker with the following

Aprox 1/2 cup gingerale
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 apricot jam
1 teaspoon or more hot sauce
2 tbls brown sugar
2 tbls mollases (skip the brown sugar if use sweet jam but mine was an all fruit deal)

put in slow cooker till done.

for the apple mash peel one apple toss in for ever 2-3 potatoes mash as normal.

See not so hard!

Your ok with the carrots right? (kidding)

That's not simple. THIS is simple:
Bowl
Cereal
Milk

Get bowl out of cabinet. Fill with cereal. Pour milk over.

And if you mean "am I okay with the carrots" like I know the definition, yes.:thumbsup:

If you mean "am I okay with the carrots" like I will eat them, no. :D

We are very boring, non-adventurous eaters in my house.

On a different note, here is my most rediculous item of the day (what's a little copywrite infringement against Bill O'Reily??):

You may remember DD was being bullied at school. Beyond playground politics, beyond pestering. She was terrified to go, coming home with bruises, getting things stolen from her. (They are in first grade, and it is a BOY doing this to her). After having to postpone several conferences, I finally spoke with teacher.

She said that this is all part of growing up. I asked if she was aware of the instances, she said no. I said how can you not be? She said, "Because I don't allow tattling in my classroom. I tell the children that if they're not bleeding, I don't want to hear it!"

Nice, huh???

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Nair doesn't scare me! Who needs Nair when you have chemo? Luckily the hair on my head is staying put for now. :D

[...]

I included your question with the RV answer. And there are no such things are dumb questions.

Bring back the Nair! Anything but the Epilady!

Exactly

[Cuts cord off of old Epilady]
Find a silver spike and put it through its evil heart and then bury it! It's a full moon and you can't be too careful around those things.

Ellen, are you booking a cruise???
Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner here. 'Cept I'm trying to decide whether I max out my Disney Visa to do it. We have a 4 night cruise booked for December, but MJ has come up with a great rate for a week long cruise (Western itinerary) for November when DS will have time off from school. I think I may go with the budget though. Is that a sign of maturity or just being overly cautious?

Rhubarb fool / trifle

Mikki, what kind of bananas are you using?

You may remember DD was being bullied at school. Beyond playground politics, beyond pestering. She was terrified to go, coming home with bruises, getting things stolen from her. (They are in first grade, and it is a BOY doing this to her). After having to postpone several conferences, I finally spoke with teacher.

She said that this is all part of growing up. I asked if she was aware of the instances, she said no. I said how can you not be? She said, "Because I don't allow tattling in my classroom. I tell the children that if they're not bleeding, I don't want to hear it!"

Nice, huh???
Bruises are not part of growing up. I would go over her head directly to the principal on this one. We had a similar incident when my DS was in 1st grade. He was being sexually molested by another little boy in his class. My DS took a few days to tell me and didn't want to tell his teacher because she didn't allow tattling. Needless to say, once I found out, I went directly to her and then to the lower grades' assistant principal. The next time she comes home with bruises, take a picture of them. You must elevate this issue!

Nat, I'm going to make your recipe. It sounds delish and easy.

Oh, forgot to add what's our dinner for tonight. I'm taking the easy route: we're going out to Outback. Well, there is a reason... You see, I've been mixing up this week and next for some reason, causing myself split-second panic attacks that certain deliverables aren't ready, that I don't have the agenda ready for the meeting I'm facilitating on the 14th, that I have to go into the office on the 13th, etc., etc. But it's only the 5th, right? For some reason, I keep on missing that little fact (we'll chalk it up to chemo brain). Well, it's Pajama Day at DS' school on the 12th. So what happened this morning? I sent him off to school in his PJs. I didn't realize my mistake until around 3:30 this afternoon. I apologized profusely to him when he got home (luckily he didn't get into trouble), and we're going out to dinner at one of his favorite places to make it up to him (it's cheaper than therapy).

trackbarroness
03-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Oops sorry Ken my bad, :D I keep forgetting about where I live. That wouldn't have anything to do with how cold it's been down here would it? :D Lol Wow I'm glad there is the DBTS to help those to play catch up with the rest of the group. :cool:

Christine
03-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the advice, Ellen. Oh, and would you believe that the teacher made the point to tell me SEVERAL TIMES that this child 'comes from a really good family?' What the .... does that have to do with anything? Is that a threat, warning me to keep quiet?

UGH! Rough day, glad it's almost over. Hope everyone else's Monday went better.

But, tomorrow is another day...and the one week mark til Disney!

...good night all!

disneydeb
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, it's Pajama Day at DS' school on the 12th. So what happened this morning? I sent him off to school in his PJs. I didn't realize my mistake until around 3:30 this afternoon. I apologized profusely to him when he got home (luckily he didn't get into trouble), and we're going out to dinner at one of his favorite places to make it up to him (it's cheaper than therapy).
:funny: :silly: :rotfl:
Maybe that explains why some of the students I teach are dressed as they are when they come to school here!! Too funny!

We had Monday night meatloaf, turnip greens, corn and black-eyed peas, southern cooking! I've been making an effort to put more green vegetables in our diet. Sunday we had collard greens and today we had turnip greens. I honestly couldn't tell much difference in the two. Can anyone else?

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Deb, aren't those greens hard to cook? They are supposed to be VERY good for you though... any recipes to share with us Yankees?

I just finished the first of two massive spreadsheets. Tomorrow I'll work on the second and hopefully move on to the main event of the week (working on articles for my newsletter).

Good evening to all! See you in the AM!

alpro2
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Where's Alex? And Riri?

We are here...or at least I am. Maria is sleeping....or is she? :scratch:

I can see it was a busy day today. 5 pages of posts for Just Questions. I am jealous. Was I the only one working today? ;)

Riri529
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by ElenitaB http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1214173#post1214173)

Where's Alex? And Riri?

Hey Ellen, I'm here. How's it going? I wanted to tell you that I too, made crepes the other night--with fresh berries with fresh whipped cream.mmmmmmm
(This looks like it is in all italics. I can't switch. Is there something I don't know about switching back to regular letters???)

BTW Alex, as you can see I am not sleeping. I am wide awake--as you know I am a night owl!!
So Natalie, I wanted to ask you. As Spring approaches I begin my annual dilemma. I am always in a quandry as to what shoes to wear for the transitional period between boots and sandals. What will be covering your feet in the upcoming weeks?
You are the shoe guru--true?

dlpmikki
03-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Maria - at the top of the box where you type are 3 letters - B - I - U. Select the text you want to Bold, Italicise or underline and away you go. sounds like the I box might have been hit by accident in which case you just select everything and hit the I box again to unselect it. Is that OK?

Ellen - how many types of bananas are there? I am using yellow ones. A cruise sounds wonderful! :crab:

alpro2
03-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Something screwy with your post Maria. Actually sometimes I get caught in the Italics "loop" too, where even if I check and uncheck the box, the italics remain. I usually start over again. Since you ARE a night owl, you clearly have enough time.

Originally Posted by ElenitaB

So Natalie, I wanted to ask you. As Spring approaches I begin my annual dilemma. I am always in a quandry as to what shoes to wear for the transitional period between boots and sandals. What will be covering your feet in the upcoming weeks?

Yes, do tell Natalie. I was wondering myself. Do I where my sandals or the oxfords? :cool:

disneydeb
03-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Deb, aren't those greens hard to cook? They are supposed to be VERY good for you though... any recipes to share with us Yankees?

I cheat. I get canned turnip greens. I found canned collard greens at the market the other day and tried them. Canned greens are better than if I tried to cook them on my own, I'm sure.
I do have a great reciped for okra. I but frozen cut okra at the market.
1. heat a pan containg a bit of olive oil and garlic salt.
2. toss in okra from frozen and sort of stir fry till tender on the inside and fairly crispy on the ouside.

The standard way to cook okra here is to coat it in cornmeal and fry it in vegtalbe oil. Okra had lots of great fiber if you aren't familiar with it.:thumbsup:

What your son wearing to school today?:D

Ya'll have a great day!

drummerboy
03-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Cookin' greens:
1. Gitcha a mess of greens and rainch off the dirt.
2. Throw 'em all in a big iron pot full o' water.
3. Throw in some fatback.
4. Bile it all 'til it's good and mushy.
5. Eat 'em. Use chow-chow with it if you want.

Southern-English translation:
1. Procure some collared greens and rinse them so no foreign sand particles remain.
2. Find a large iron pot in which to place them, first being sure there is plenty of water in the pot for boiling.
3. Put a few pieces of bacon or other suitable pork-based seasoning into the pot with the greens.
4. Boil until tender.
5. Place the tender greens in a serving bowl and present to your guests. Chow-chow or other such relishes are excellent flavor-enhancers.

Wouldn't Martha be proud?

offwego
03-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Open or peek toe pumps are the way to go this season...a nice mix between the two and very in this year.

Ellen - how many types of bananas are there? I am using yellow ones. A cruise sounds wonderful! :crab:
Plaintains perhaps?

Yes, do tell Natalie. I was wondering myself. Do I where my sandals or the oxfords? :cool: [/I]
Are oxfords not flat? this is not a style I work well with.

Southern-English translation:
1. Procure some collared greens and rinse them so no foreign sand particles remain.
2. Find a large iron pot in which to place them, first being sure there is plenty of water in the pot for boiling.
3. Put a few pieces of bacon or other suitable pork-based seasoning into the pot with the greens.
4. Boil until tender.
5. Place the tender greens in a serving bowl and present to your guests. Chow-chow or other such relishes are excellent flavor-enhancers.

Wouldn't Martha be proud?

Not so much...did you ever see Alton Brown use the washer to rinse his?

Mickey'sGirl
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Not so much...did you ever see Alton Brown use the washer to rinse his? :hi: Nat! I love Alton Brown.

Slabs of ice are falling from the office buildings and the CN Tower -- so parts of the downtown are closed off -- I have to go underground with the rats to get to work! YUCK!!

Congratulations on the cruise Ellen! We might do a Disney Cruise in 2009 (So Euan will be old enough to enjoy it!).

I have to proof our Annual Report today.... Anyone have some Red Bull?

ElenitaB
03-06-2007, 10:22 AM
What your son wearing to school today?:D
He's in his gym uniform today.

Were they arrested?

Congratulations on the cruise Ellen! We might do a Disney Cruise in 2009 (So Euan will be old enough to enjoy it!).
We should plan a JQ cruise! Don't you think? I decided pretty much to stay with our 4 day cruise so that I can start to learn to stay within a budget. I'm finally learning that in my old age. :old:

It's so cold here... there's a bunch of hot cocoa for everyone over here on the sideboard. Anyone have any cookies?

offwego
03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh I can't wait to hear about the cruise Ellen.

Will there be pictures again?

Jen to be honest I miss the underground. It meant I never really needed real boots.

Jasper
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
While I would love to take you with me...I must resist...I think you and my husband would be too much for me to handle!!

Even if I PROMISE to behave? Of course, I am not sure how long that would last!

Jasper
03-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Interesting - the multi quotes come in the order you press them! Do you really want to come and live in England in a house with a working epilator? :thedolls:

I would even let you rub salt in the wounds if I could eat like that everyday!!

Hmmm, guess I need a question don't I? How about; if you turn your lights on during a day time funeral procession do you turn them off at night?

Jasper
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the advice, Ellen. Oh, and would you believe that the teacher made the point to tell me SEVERAL TIMES that this child 'comes from a really good family?' What the .... does that have to do with anything? Is that a threat, warning me to keep quiet?

UGH! Rough day, glad it's almost over. Hope everyone else's Monday went better.

But, tomorrow is another day...and the one week mark til Disney!

...good night all!

I agree that you need to take this up the ladder! The picture idea is a good thing too because kids bruises heal quickly and it will probably take some time to get any action. Of course, you could always try speaking directly to the parents of the other child but that can be very dangerous as well. Good Luck!!!

Question, question, who's got the question?

ElenitaB
03-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Speaking to the parents of the other child oft times is not productive, as I'm sure they will deny that their little angel was incapable of doing such awful deeds. Also, this would allow for the whole thing to be swept under the proverbial rug, including the teacher's lack of interest and apparant taking of sides in the whole shebang. (After all, isn't the perp from a "good family"?) Personally, I'm not so sure that I agree with the "no tattling" rule. While I can understand the philosophy around it, aren't teachers supposed to fall into the category of adults to whom kids can go if they're having problems?

How cold is it by you all today? It's 11 degrees here! :freeze: But it won't stop me from going out and buying some lottery tickets today!

Nascfan
03-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm cold. I don't like being cold. It was around 9 degrees here this morning. Christine, can I go to Disney World with you?

I can't believe the teacher would say something like that either. What kind of example does that set for the children? I hope you can work it out by going higher.

Ellen, awesome news about the cruise! Let's go now, shall we?

You know, if we keep this up, Ken will have to do a new thread every week!

Jasper
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
How cold is it by you all today? It's 11 degrees here! :freeze: But it won't stop me from going out and buying some lottery tickets today!

We are in a virtual heat wave this week, we are suppose range from the low 40's to low 50's most of the week. Although it is suppose to rain and be windy later in the week.

if I send you a dollar will you buy me a lottery ticket? You know I TRUST that you will make sure I get the winning one and that you won't keep it for yourself, right?:D

Jasper
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
You know, if we keep this up, Ken will have to do a new thread every week!

But Ken loves us all so much he would do a new thread every day for us if we needed him to right? Umm. . . hello, Ken, are you still there? I think maybe Ken isn't feeling the love today, do you think?:grouphug:

You don't think he would be ignoring me do you?

Oh yeah, he might, after all he just wants to make me feel like I am at home right?

Christine
03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Even if I PROMISE to behave? Of course, I am not sure how long that would last!

Sorry, no. You think DH doesn't promise to behave, too? I know better...

I'm cold. Christine, can I go to Disney World with you?!

But who's going to babysit my dog???

How cold is it by you all today?

It is 71 degrees today...sorry! Does this mean I can't have hot chocolate??:blush:

And thanks guys for the support with the school problem. I am sure it will all work out...because I am sure I won't stop until it does!! :thedolls:

Mickey'sGirl
03-06-2007, 12:10 PM
It was -29F (with windchill -- only -8F on its own!) when we got up this morning..... It's warmed up to a balmy -8F (with windchill -- or 12F on its own). That is enough for chocolate liquor hot chocolate if you ask me!! Anyone have a scarf I can borrow?

Riri529
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok JQ crew. I have a question for you. A friend is turning 40 and we are compiling a top ten list for her--so here is the question:

Why is it better to be 40 than it is to be 20??

I already have a few ideas in mind but perhaps those of you over 40 could impart some additional wisdom. How about it?

drummerboy
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Remember, DDA has great weekly and daily rates, so we can change threads as often as your pocketbook will allow. I'm thinking though, should we change the name of this thread to "Just Yak"?

Christine, I'd certainly follow through about the bullying. I was terrorized through most of my sixth grade year by one lug who took advantage of my non-aggressiveness. (I was about as big as him but I guess he thought it made him look tougher to pick on a big guy.) Finally took my big sister's intervention to get him off my back (She threatened to cut him off from the cigarettes she'd been 'loaning' him--lol)

I'm glad that teacher doesn't work for social services--I could see all the battered women who would be afraid to 'tattle' to her about the beatings they'd received.

Nascfan
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
But who's going to babysit my dog???

It is 71 degrees today...sorry! Does this mean I can't have hot chocolate??:blush:

I forgot about that! How about this, since it's about 50 degrees warmer where you are than me, how about if I come to your house and watch it AND the dog for you? Two for one deal, how can you refuse?

I didn't know of a temperature rule for hot chocolate, so I'd say go for it!

Maria, one thing better 40 than 20 is you can go anywhere you want and have a drink, since 21 is legal age most places now. I'll have to wrack my brain to see if I can come up with any others.

Christine
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Christine, I'd certainly follow through about the bullying.
I'm glad that teacher doesn't work for social services--I could see all the battered women who would be afraid to 'tattle' to her about the beatings they'd received.

You can be sure I will follow through with this...thanks Ken!! :) Doesn't she sound just lovely??:thedolls:

I forgot about that! How about this, since it's about 50 degrees warmer where you are than me, how about if I come to your house and watch it AND the dog for you? Two for one deal, how can you refuse?

Gee, Scott, I don't know. Can I trust you not to throw any wild parties like the last time I went out of town???

offwego
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Ok JQ crew. I have a question for you. A friend is turning 40 and we are compiling a top ten list for her--so here is the question:

I already have a few ideas in mind but perhaps those of you over 40 could impart some additional wisdom. How about it?
Don't qualify sorry...well not really

Remember, DDA has great weekly and daily rates, so we can change threads as often as your pocketbook will allow. I'm thinking though, should we change the name of this thread to "Just Yak"?

Christine, I'd certainly follow through about the bullying. I was terrorized through most of my sixth grade year by one lug who took advantage of my non-aggressiveness. (I was about as big as him but I guess he thought it made him look tougher to pick on a big guy.) Finally took my big sister's intervention to get him off my back (She threatened to cut him off from the cigarettes she'd been 'loaning' him--lol)

Just Yak? Pocketbook?

But seriously Christine do whats right for your child, don't worry about what the teacher thinks is right.

Nascfan
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Gee, Scott, I don't know. Can I trust you not to throw any wild parties like the last time I went out of town???

Hey, I was a guest at that party, not the host. Now that you mention it though, how's your cookie supply? ;)

Christine
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
But seriously Christine do whats right for your child, don't worry about what the teacher thinks is right.

I absolutely agree...that's all I know how to do!

Hey, I was a guest at that party, not the host. Now that you mention it though, how's your cookie supply? ;)

Oh don't think for a moment that I have forgotten the others' involvement in that party. But you had the key, Scott!

Well, I am off to school...I volunteer on Tuesday afternoons. Wouldn't it be a pity if I accidentally dropped a tub of paste over that big bully's head???:thedolls: :secret: :blush:

Nascfan
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, I am off to school...I volunteer on Tuesday afternoons. Wouldn't it be a pity if I accidentally dropped a tub of paste over that big bully's head???:thedolls: :secret: :blush:

That would actually be hilarious!
Have fun this afternoon.

From the supply closet: Why do fools fall in love? Hey, that's a good song!

ElenitaB
03-06-2007, 02:31 PM
if I send you a dollar will you buy me a lottery ticket? You know I TRUST that you will make sure I get the winning one and that you won't keep it for yourself, right?:D
If I win tonight, we'll all go on a cruise! How's that?

I'll PM you... but there are several reasons! ;)

Christine, cover your ears... Scott, Frankie would be so proud of you! You learned well, little grasshopper! :notworth:

From the pantry, "How does her garden grow?" :flower:

Mickey'sGirl
03-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry -- can't speak from experience (yet ;) ).

Atticus...eh I mean, Ken! I don't think INTERCOT's server could handle a daily version of this thread....and my mind is spinning thinking of keeping up! How about every third Tuesday, unless the name of that month has an "a" in it?

Nascfan
03-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Christine, cover your ears... Scott, Frankie would be so proud of you! You learned well, little grasshopper! :notworth:

Do you think someday I will become a Jedi master too?

offwego
03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Jenn I won a coffee! (yes this will make sense to her and Brian but likely not the rest of you unless you watch a lot of commercials)

Ellen does this mean you have curds and whey in your pantry?

Mickey'sGirl
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey Jenn I won a coffee! (yes this will make sense to her and Brian but likely not the rest of you unless you watch a lot of commercials)Well done! :thumbsup: I won with the very first cup I bought -- but not since. My sister won a donut this morning.... Are you going to share your prize with anyone (it would be a nice offering for your trainee).?

I think I need a coffee now....

offwego
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Well done! :thumbsup: I won with the very first cup I bought -- but not since. My sister won a donut this morning.... Are you going to share your prize with anyone (it would be a nice offering for your trainee).?

I think I need a coffee now....

He (:jaw: ) does not drink coffee. I have however taught him to fetch coffee...and photocopy, and fetch and drop off paperwork. My boss complained I wasn't abusing him enough. (Apparently you need to be mean to trainee's in banking it's been so long I can't remember).

Next lesson you ask? Filing...I have a months worth for him!!

alpro2
03-06-2007, 03:28 PM

Well, just to let you know that 40 is/has been the best ever. I won't divulge on the boards (we want to keep those youngersters wondering about what 40 is really like).

I am starting to think that Ken. ;) Isn't a yak a big hairy ox?

offwego
03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, just to let you know that 40 is/has been the best ever. I won't divulge on the boards (we want to keep those youngersters wondering about what 40 is really like).

And are you selling bridges too? Mind you my 30's are way way better then my 20's which will go down (with a few exceptions like say meeting DH and DS coming along) as my all time worst decade! BLECH! Double BLECH.

However 40's just seems so I don't know settled or something. Can you wear 4 inch heels in your 40's? (oh and Ellen...black leather 4 inch heel boots lower calf side zipper slightly rounded toe for with pants)

drummerboy
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I am starting to think that Ken. ;) Isn't a yak a big hairy ox?
Oh, wait, I think I was looking in the mirror when I wrote that. :blush: I think I meant to say 'yack', didn't I?

Doesn't somebody need some advice on being over 50?

Did somebody sneak some questions from the old pantry into the new pantry?

Speaking of pantries, congratulations Ellen. Will you be stocking cookies for the rest of us stowaways in that on-board pantry?

disneydrmr
03-06-2007, 03:57 PM
(crawling in, too tired to walk...) Hey everyone... what a day! :bang: :badpc: Just stopped in for a quick smile! Thanks for giving me a few! Frankie Drummerboy (my heart monitor) has really gotten a work out today. I need all the cookies you guys can gather up. Anyone know what would be the best gun to use against a computer and a new phone system?

offwego
03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
(crawling in, too tired to walk...) Hey everyone... what a day! :bang: :badpc: Just stopped in for a quick smile! Thanks for giving me a few! Frankie Drummerboy (my heart monitor) has really gotten a work out today. I need all the cookies you guys can gather up. Anyone know what would be the best gun to use against a computer and a new phone system?

Sorry your having a bad day. Would a hammer not work better? Plus less traceable.

alpro2
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
However 40's just seems so I don't know settled or something. Can you wear 4 inch heels in your 40's? (oh and Ellen...black leather 4 inch heel boots lower calf side zipper slightly rounded toe for with pants)
Shall you answer that Maria, or shall I? Or perhaps Frankie wants too? :D

Christine
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Sorry you'e had a rough day, Di! Go light an aeromatherapy candle and take a hot bath. That will cure what ails ya!

Sorry Maria, I can't help with your friend's 40th birthday top ten....but save it for me when you get it done. Maybe it will make me not worry so much about turning the big 4-0 in a few years.

So Ellen, which cruise did you decide on then? The one in May? I am so happy for you! You need some R&R after dealing with the :thedolls:

Where is Rhonda? Was she not on board the flight? (I was in first class, so I didn't see all the 'little people' in the rear cabin!:D )

How about that? The only way I can ride first class in a plane is in a VIRTUAL plane!! :(

dlpmikki
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Why is 40 better than 20? Well not sure about generic answers but I can give you some ideas and some personal bits:
1 - I now visit WDW regularly!
2 - I have a loving husband
3 - I have more money in the bank
4 - I have (well did at 40, now I'm even more happily retired at 46) more interesting work
5 - I know what I really want
6 - I know what contentment is
7 - the best years of my life have been since I hit 40

Jasper
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
If I win tonight, we'll all go on a cruise! How's that?

Works for me!! Now you will really tell us the truth if you win, right? You won't hold out on your pals will you?

Just checking, you know money can change some people!

DizneyFreak2002
03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Who bought Peter Pan today?

Jasper
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Can you wear 4 inch heels in your 40's? (oh and Ellen...black leather 4 inch heel boots lower calf side zipper slightly rounded toe for with pants)

Of course you can!!! And what makes it even better is that if anyone gives you funny looks or comments you now have enough moxey to either ignore them or tell them what they can do with their opinion!!

Really, I'm not getting crankier with age, you all are just getting more sensitive, right???:D :D :D

Jasper
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Anyone know what would be the best gun to use against a computer and a new phone system?

Sorry your having a bad day. Would a hammer not work better? Plus less traceable.

I prefer doing a little rewiring and then plugging them into a little 220 voltage!! That way you can always blame it on a power surge and you would not be lying!

Question time; Are the days getting longer or am I just getting older?

Riri529
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
And are you selling bridges too? Mind you my 30's are way way better then my 20's which will go down (with a few exceptions like say meeting DH and DS coming along) as my all time worst decade! BLECH! Double BLECH.

40 was a really hard birthday for me, however the year has actually turned out to be one of my best!!:party:
Definitely not settled!! I travel more and get out quite a bit. :marg: Now that the kids are older, I get to the gym lots more than I used to. As for 4 inch heels--wore 'em in my 20's, wore lots of flats in my 30's (keeping up with small children), and back to 4 inch heels now that I'm 40!
Have I helped to clear up any reservations about the big 4-0?

disneydeb
03-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Who bought Peter Pan today?

I can fly! I can fly! Ican fly!

Can you?

Beast_fanatic
03-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Where is Rhonda? Was she not on board the flight? (I was in first class, so I didn't see all the 'little people' in the rear cabin!:D )

Somehow, my "seat" was in the luggage compartment! :mad: So, I just now got "unloaded" from the flight. Ken, you got some 'splainin' to do! :nono:

How did it get to be so late? Oh yeah, it's because I was trying to catch up on this thread!

dlpmikki
03-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Ken, I think you must have challenged them by wanting this one to last till Easter - they are writing more than ever! Or am I reading slower? Either way it is very hard to keep up and I keep finding I have missed interesting ***-bits :D (is that an expression understood in the US - would snippets of info make more sense?)

Jasper - Peter Pan does not come out for a few days over here - either weekend or Monday, not sure which. For those of you in New York the voice of Wendy and the model for Tinker Bell will be appearing:
March 9 - 4:00- 6:00 P.M. Margaret Kerry and Kathryn Beaumont will be doing a signing at the World of Disney Store on Park Avenue in
New York City on Friday.

Margaret (Tink) is a wonderful woman and well worth meeting. If you have a chance to go then do!

alpro2
03-07-2007, 06:38 AM
....For those of you in New York the voice of Wendy and the model for Tinker Bell will be appearing:
March 9 - 4:00- 6:00 P.M. Margaret Kerry and Kathryn Beaumont will be doing a signing at the World of Disney Store on Park Avenue in
New York City on Friday.

Margaret (Tink) is a wonderful woman and well worth meeting. If you have a chance to go then do!
If I tell her I know Mikki do you think she will have any cookies to share? :D Does she know where Figaro is?

drummerboy
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Somehow, my "seat" was in the luggage compartment! :mad: So, I just now got "unloaded" from the flight. Ken, you got some 'splainin' to do! :nono:

That wasn't the moving walkway you were on, it was the luggage conveyor. Didn't you find the cookies in Scott's luggage while you were there?

offwego
03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Of course you can!!! And what makes it even better is that if anyone gives you funny looks or comments you now have enough moxey to either ignore them or tell them what they can do with their opinion!!

Really, I'm not getting crankier with age, you all are just getting more sensitive, right???:D :D :D
You get more Moxey? My poor poor hubby.

Works for me!! Now you will really tell us the truth if you win, right? You won't hold out on your pals will you?

Really??

drummerboy
03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Some day I want to be able to test that theory.

Anybodywant to share this box of thin mints?

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Well, I think I know why my heart is acting up.. it's racing from trying to keep up with this thread!!! Wow, is this a talkative bunch or what? (is that really a question? Or is it more of a statement that is trying to pose as a question?)

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 09:25 AM

Anybodywant to share this box of thin mints?

I would LOVE to have some Thin Mints - but they are chocolate which has caffeine and I can't have one.. do you have any of the new Lemonade cookies?

Christine
03-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Is it wrong that I have to be at work in 30 minutes and I am still in my pj's???:blush:

I hope you all have a great day!

I'm better go get ready and then try to :tiptoe: into the office and see if he notices! :secret:

Nascfan
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Quite a slow-down here from the past couple days, so we're either all busier at work or our fingers are worn out. Hope Jennifer had a fun day at school!

Do you think Christine went to work in her pj's? That would be a funny sight!

offwego
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Scott would Christine get to go the Outback for dinner too?

My company will be on extreme makeover home edition this weekend. Finally buying up american banks is paying off:thumbsup:

Apparently our US divisions raised the money to get rid of the mortgage for the family. Kinda neat..can't wait to watch it this week. (Guess I'll watch amazing race Monday)

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
My company will be on extreme makeover home edition this weekend. Finally buying up american banks is paying off:thumbsup:

Apparently our US divisions raised the money to get rid of the mortgage for the family. Kinda neat..can't wait to watch it this week. (Guess I'll watch amazing race Monday)

That's so cool! I watch that show every weekend!

Christine - it's only wrong to still be in your pjs with 30 minutes till you are suppossed to be at work if you take more than 30 minutes to get to work! Just put your work clothes on over your pjs - that'll save you some time!

(reaching onto the shelf) "Do you have any grey poupon?"

offwego
03-07-2007, 12:54 PM
That's so cool! I watch that show every weekend!

(reaching onto the shelf) "Do you have any grey poupon?"

Well...if you watch this weekend you should be able to figure out which bank I work for. (to be fair it's not hard Canada has five major fi's).

Did you know the grey poupon actor passed away a week or two ago? That's weird isn't it?

Nascfan
03-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Scott would Christine get to go the Outback for dinner too?

If they have curbside pickup so she doesn't have to go inside in her pj's.
That's neat about your bank! Now if I can just remember that it's on.

Are our easties snowbound or socked in by the cold?

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
No, I didn't know that the grey poupon actor had died. I couldn't even tell you who he was. :blush: Ok, everyone come to my workplace. We have tableloads of food in our lunch room - about 5 differnt types of chili (none with spaghetti in it or on it or under it :D ), three types of ham (the Black Oak ham is the best! :thumbsup: ), some chicken tenders, some philly sandwhiches on panini bread, some fruit cobbler AND some CHOCOLATE COBBLER!!!!! Forget my heart - I'm having some chocolate cobbler! Oh my - it's so ooey and gooey!!! I might have to have a second helping! OH! A question ... I don't think I need to go to the shelf this time... "Does anyone know CPR?"

Mickey'sGirl
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
:hi: everyone! Busy morning at school -- there was an assembly and then I had to round up work that Harry will miss tomorrow (He and Brian are off to sunny CA tomorrow morning!). Do you think anyone will notice if Euan and I live in our PJ's and watch videos while eating cereal all weekend? Man...wouldn't that be something!

Di -- I hope your day is going better than yesterday.... and Nat -- I was wondering the same thing about Christine and the Outback. Maybe we could go to the Outback for her?

Scott -- not snowbound, but it sure was cold yesterday! Not so much today -- the sun is a blazing!

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
:hi: everyone! Busy morning at school -- there was an assembly and then I had to round up work that Harry will miss tomorrow (He and Brian are off to sunny CA tomorrow morning!). Do you think anyone will notice if Euan and I live in our PJ's and watch videos while eating cereal all weekend? Man...wouldn't that be something!

Di -- I hope your day is going better than yesterday.... and Nat -- I was wondering the same thing about Christine and the Outback. Maybe we could go to the Outback for her?

I hope Brian and Harry have a safe and fun trip! I think it would be fun for the two of you to stay in your pjs, eating cereal and watching tv the whole time they are gone. Do we think anyone would notice? Nah, we'll tell Frankie to turn off the spy cameras that Ken had installed in your house... :D

My day is going a bit better (how could it not when I''m eating CHOCOLATE COBBLER!) Had an angry customer yelling at me because he was out of bread, losing money and our delivery truck wasn't there with his bread. He swore he was promised a 10am delivery - well, we do not guarentee delivery times...I passed him off to the account rep who ended up getting hung up on.. so it's just another day in my fun filled work place.. SO, who wants some chocolate cobbler?

offwego
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
CHOCOLATE COBBLER!!!!! Forget my heart - I'm having some chocolate cobbler! Oh my - it's so ooey and gooey!!! I might have to have a second helping! OH! A question ... I don't think I need to go to the shelf this time... "Does anyone know CPR?"
My dh does but he'd be to busy eating that. How do they make it?

: Nat -- I was wondering the same thing about Christine and the Outback. Maybe we could go to the Outback for her?

the sun is a blazing!
sun is up here too! re the Outback I just can't do that. DS saw one and called it an Outhouse instead. It just changes the whole prospect blooming onion or no blooming onion.

My day is going a bit better (how could it not when I''m eating CHOCOLATE COBBLER!) SO, who wants some chocolate cobbler?

You still have some??

Nascfan
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
PJ weekend for Jenn and Euan! Safe travels for Brian and Harry too. I'm sure they'll have a great time out there with John and his family.

Most our schools were closed today, again, for snow. It's sunny out there now I guess. Haven't been out to see.

Anymore chocolate cobbler left Di?

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
My dh does but he'd be to busy eating that. How do they make it?

You still have some??

We don't make it.. it comes frozen and you bake it in your oven. Comes out so rich, and ooey, and gooey... and sinful!

I do believe there is still some out on the tables, along with some ham, and fruit cobbler, and chili, and chicken tenders....

(reaching onto the shelf) "How do you spell relief? Rolaids..."

Jasper
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Wouldn't we all? Oh well, I guess its back to the salt mines, I didn't see anyone on here celebrating their win last night! Or, have they all run out to claim their prize? In all seriousness, that particular lottery doesn't run in our area so does anyone know if there was a winning ticket or is the prize going up again?

offwego
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Did any of the rest of you see that Mcdonalds is coming out with a new burger?A one third of a pound burger?

OOF 840 calories. A big mac "only" has 530 or so.

offwego
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Wouldn't we all? Oh well, I guess its back to the salt mines, I didn't see anyone on here celebrating their win last night! Or, have they all run out to claim their prize? In all seriousness, that particular lottery doesn't run in our area so does anyone know if there was a winning ticket or is the prize going up again?

According to CNN there were 2. Maybe that's where everyone is?

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Yep, two winners - one in Georgia and one in New Jersey... I didn't even get one stinking number.... :mad:

Hey - who moved all the questions off the lower shelf?

Jasper
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Did any of the rest of you see that Mcdonalds is coming out with a new burger?A one third of a pound burger?

OOF 840 calories. A big mac "only" has 530 or so.

What makes this so incredible is that every now and again you see McDonald's out doing promotional work to say how they are changing their menu to be more healthy and all that. And then, they want to go and do something like this? I am not a very smart person but even I can see that this is not very healthy. Do we know if this is confirmed or is it just a rumour?

According to CNN there were 2. Maybe that's where everyone is?

Let's hope so, after all Ithink there were some promises made on these boards about sharing if they won.:thumbsup:

offwego
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Do we know if this is confirmed or is it just a rumour?

Let's hope so, after all Ithink there were some promises made on these boards about sharing if they won.:thumbsup:

It was on cnn and they were testing it in several locations. Also it's in direct response to other chains "angus" prem. burgers that are also larger so I suspect it will happen. Does seem silly to get rid of "extra large fries" and bring this in.

Mind you the commercial for that chicken wrap with the home reno's are pretty funny!!

Do we have anyone from Georgia or Jersey on the thread?

dlpmikki
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
If I tell her I know Mikki do you think she will have any cookies to share? :D Does she know where Figaro is?

Her figure is so good I don't think she has cookies! She did have her picture taken with Figaro when she was in Warwick last year so she might remember him ;) What are you going to do in New York to make Tink remember you?

alpro2
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Just got back from lunch. One of us was heath conscious and ordered grilled shrimp over field greens; the other however, had homemade pasta and shrimp in CREAM sauce. Can you guess which one Riri ordered? :piglet:

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Just got back from lunch. One of us was heath conscious and ordered grilled shrimp over field greens; the other however, had homemade pasta and shrimp in CREAM sauce. Can you guess which one Riri ordered? :piglet:

So, how was the homemade pasta and shrimp in cream sauce Alex? :D

alpro2
03-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't know....Maria wouldn't even share a forkful with me. Do you feel bad for me? ;)

alpro2
03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
What are you going to do in New York to make Tink remember you?
Have to think about that one. Do you think I am too big for her outfit?

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't know....Maria wouldn't even share a forkful with me. Do you feel bad for me? ;)

Should I feel bad for you? Did you share your cookies with her?

alpro2
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Should I feel bad for you? Did you share your cookies with her?
If you really must know (I am going to get in trouble for this :thedolls: ), when she got home she hit the Girl Scout cookies....and guess what? She didn't share!

offwego
03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
maybe Maria was worried about dairy intake?

Riri529
03-07-2007, 04:09 PM
If you really must know (I am going to get in trouble for this :thedolls: ), when she got home she hit the Girl Scout cookies....and guess what? She didn't share!
Oh Alex, I'm just looking out for your boyish figure. ;) What did you say you were weighing in at these days?

Would anyone like a girl scout cookie?

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh Alex, I'm just looking out for your boyish figure. ;) What did you say you were weighing in at these days?

Would anyone like a girl scout cookie?

I don't think he's said what he's weighing in at these days.. but I do know that the seat he sat on during our flight to this thread has a rather large 'sag' to it.... ;)

I would LOVE a girl scout cookie. Do you have the Lemonade ones?

alpro2
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
What seat number was that? Wasn't that the seat that Maria sat in on the last flight? She just wishes she looks like this when she reaches 40....oh wait, aren't you 40 already??? :thedolls:

Oh, and Diane...you forgot the question! :-o

Riri529
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Yes indeed, Alex, 40 and Fabulous!!:cool:

Don't you wish you had some of my sugar-free girl scout cookies? If you were nicer to me, perhaps I would share!

disneydrmr
03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Oh, and Diane...you forgot the question! :-o

Alex - I think you are undergoing some cookie withdrawl.. I did not forget the question...go check again.. after you eat a cookie of course.

So Maria, how DO you put up with this guy? :D

Riri529
03-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Diane,
Let me tell you, it's not easy!:rolleyes:

Don't you think the weight and age jokes are really crossing the line?

trackbarroness
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Oh Alex me thinks your cookie deprived. :D
Who's missing a questions? :cool:

ElenitaB
03-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Did you all miss me? Last night I posted a nice answer chockful of questions and my laptop ate it. :badpc:

I then spent the first part of this morning fighting with Lotus Notes which has been losing work for me. :badpc: The rest of the morning was spent on conference calls. And then I got very involved in some graphic work in the afternoon... all of a sudden, poof... it was the afternoon. Don't you just hate when making a living gets in the way of having a life? ;)

Alex, I'd make a special trip into the city Friday afternoon just to see you in Tink's outfit. I'd even bring cookies! What kind would you desire as enticement?

I'll be out of pocket most of tomorrow... treatment and then an appt over at the hospital. What's the spell against snow? At least the temps won't be in the teens. Anyone else had it yet with winter?

Beast_fanatic
03-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Ellen, have you not been feeding your computer enough lately? It seems to be eating things you don't want it to and awful lot.

alpro2
03-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Alex, I'd make a special trip into the city Friday afternoon just to see you in Tink's outfit. I'd even bring cookies! What kind would you desire as enticement?

Have you ever heard of the expression, "I work for peanuts"? Well, I work for cookies. Any kind will do. :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Mornin'! :hi: Ellen I hope all goes well with your treatments!

DH and DS8 were off bright and early this morning for CA. Poor Euan was so upset to wake up and find his brother gone (nevermind his Dad!) "Mooooom. Hare gone. Gone...:( " . What's he gonna do when Harry's at sleep away camp in the summer :hide: ?

Alex do you work for air biscuits? :confused:

Christine
03-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Ellen, I thought you had just run off with your lottery winnings! :D Hope your treatments go well. :pixie:

Jenn, that is so sweet that Euan is so sad about Harry leaving! That means you've done a good job raising those boys! I would have PAID for my sister to go away!

Well, off to take Mickey to the groomers, get my nails done, have lunch with a friend, and pick up a few things for our trip next week.

Y'all have a good day!

(hessitantly for a question from the shelf)

"Why do birds suddenly appear
... every time
... you are near?"

offwego
03-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Jenn that's so cute!

Ellen you be careful.

Alex you should be really careful in that outfit. (not feeling the cute though)

Anyone else not happy about daylight savings this weekend?

drummerboy
03-08-2007, 09:20 AM
"Why do birds suddenly appear
... every time
... you are near?"
"Just like me
...they long to be
...close to beer."

Well, it rhymes, doesn't it? :D

Speakings of siblings missing siblings, looks like our six-year-old granddaughter might not be solo-ing to WDW in October. She told her 3-yr-old brother that she was going and he cried so hard that it looks like he'll need to come along too (at least according to DW). I think he needs to spend some more extended time with Mama and Pa first though.

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Ken -- We'll be there with a 9yr old and a 3yr old.... Maybe we can arrange a play date for the little boys? :thumbsup:

I was the youngest of 4 -- with only 3 1/2 yrs between the oldest and the youngest. I welcomed breaks from any of them!!!

drummerboy
03-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Ken -- We'll be there with a 9yr old and a 3yr old.... Maybe we can arrange a play date for the little boys? :thumbsup:

I was the youngest of 4 -- with only 3 1/2 yrs between the oldest and the youngest. I welcomed breaks from any of them!!!
Yeah, I figure the one born at Thanksgiving won't know enough to care and the (by then) 9-year-old sister will probably welcome the break.

Why do we have to pay for the nice spring temperatures with icky spring rain?

offwego
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM

So we can have pretty flowers? And stuff like food?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
....and it could be icky spring freezing rain....or worse!

April showers bring Mayflowers. What do Mayflowers bring? :mickey:

drummerboy
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
April showers bring Mayflowers. What do Mayflowers bring? :mickey:
A new family moving into the neighborhood?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
A new family moving into the neighborhood?
Kinda. Try again..... do you recognize this :pilgram: ?

offwego
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Pilgrims?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Pilgrims?
You got it Pontiac!

I remember hearing that joke for the first time when I was in Grade 2! See what my poor addled brain is full of? :mickey:

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Who's Pontiac?

:hi: everyone!

offwego
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Who's Pontiac?

Apparently me but I bought a Ford so I'm confused now.

More of us around again. Don't know Ken but I really think your going to need a new title prior to Easter.

So what's for lunch folks? I need something more exotic then what's in my lunch bag.

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Who's Pontiac?

The great Ottawa chief, who led the rebellion in your neck of the woods back in the 1760's. His rebellion (a multi-tribal rebellion against the onslaught of Europeans) was a failure, but he stands for great resolve of the Native American people...

"You got it Pontiac" was an advertising slogan for the automobile back in the day.

What's up Scott? :mickey:

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh THAT Pontiac! I was thinking the car too, but I'll go along with that. :)

Lunch, we're having jumbalaya (sp?) that someone brought in. Sound better than what's in the bag?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Lunch, we're having jumbalaya (sp?) that someone brought in. Sound better than what's in the bag?
Sure sounds better than my bag (I will turn into a multigrain bagel with fat free provolone before I'm through!). I did change it up by bringing an apple instead of a bananaphone.
Brian and I once took cooking classes in New Orleans and learned how to make Jambalya.....mmmmmmmmm :eat: Do you think DDJQPLLD (Drummerboy's Discount Just Questions Pot-Luck Leftovers Delivery) could send some up to me? :tasty:

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Our acronyms are getting longer, aren't they?

That was good! Hot (temperature-wise) with a nice little kick, but not too firey.

disneydrmr
03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Send some of that jumbalaya to me also! All I had was an apple, a yogurt and a pudding cup. Hi everyone! Another rotten day at work. But at least there's no snow on the ground in my part of Ohio, unlike in some other areas of Ohio ;) . So, what kind of fun and trouble can we get into today?

Jasper
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I'll be out of pocket most of tomorrow... treatment and then an appt over at the hospital. What's the spell against snow? At least the temps won't be in the teens. Anyone else had it yet with winter?

Hope all goes well with the treatment!!!

As for the weather, I think our winter may be over!! We are in the 50's most of this week and then even the low 60's starting next week. I do feel for those people just to the north of us though because they are still stuck in the cold. We are just fortunate enough this time to be just south of the cold fronts!!

Reaching into the pantry; Does anyone know where I left my brain this morning?

offwego
03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Jasper going to leave that one well alone.

Di what about a virtual trip again? We mostly stuck with MK really how about Epcot? I could do with one last visit to Alfredo's what do you all think?

Jasper
03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Our acronyms are getting longer, aren't they?

If they get any longer it may easier to just write them out in long form. Wouldn't that just be the absolute end of the world?:D :D

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Di what about a virtual trip again? We mostly stuck with MK really how about Epcot? I could do with one last visit to Alfredo's what do you all think?

Oh Natalie, that may be just what the doctor ordered! Can we do Soarin first? No virtual lines, right?

(sending big bowl of jumbalaya down I-75)
Jasper, send some of those temps up here please.

drummerboy
03-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Kinda. Try again..... do you recognize this :pilgram: ?
Do you not have the Mayflower moving company in your neck of the woods? Just thought I'd throw a kink in the old Pilgrim answer. :D

Oh, did somebody need the use of DDSOASTMRTWOTOTBS (Drummerboy's Discount Shortening Of Acronyms So There's More Room To Write Other Things On The Boards Service)?

offwego
03-08-2007, 01:37 PM
If they get any longer it may easier to just write them out in long form. Wouldn't that just be the absolute end of the world?:D :D I think as a banker that might be against my religion or something.

Oh Natalie, that may be just what the doctor ordered! Can we do Soarin first? No virtual lines, right?

(sending big bowl of jumbalaya down I-75)

Sure we could do Soarin first but you do know we will be heading into mouse gears at some point right?

At least I will be while the braver souls hit MIS I just cannot do that ride.

offwego
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Do you not have the Mayflower moving company in your neck of the woods? Just thought I'd throw a kink in the old Pilgrim answer. :D

haven't seen one for ages. It's mostly United and Allied. (but they used to be up here. Maybe it's too cold?)

Jasper
03-08-2007, 01:42 PM

Ok, who has the big fan we were using for the snow this winter? Oh, that's right, it didn't work very well for some of us did it? Maybe I will just send some with the green Easter Bunny. How does that sound?

What is interesting is that just about 60 miles to the north of us they are only going to be making it into the low to mid 40's. It all depends on which side of the line you are on I guess.

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
What is interesting is that just about 60 miles to the north of us they are only going to be making it into the low to mid 40's. It all depends on which side of the line you are on I guess.
You know there is a highway just to the north of us, and north of that line they get all kinds of crazy weather systems (it's called the snowbelt), while south of it, something completely different..... Weather is fascinating!

We have Mayflower movers up here Ken -- So, I guess you should get partial marks for your answer!

Nat --- I'll hit Mousegears with you. MiS is not my cup of tea...can we also go across and get some pop?

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Nat --- I'll hit Mousegears with you. MiS is not my cup of tea...can we also go across and get some pop?

Ah...no pop thanks. (However there is a decent coffee cart on the Universe of Energy side of the path just pass the walkthru that has mousegears on one side and the electric umbrella on the other. Expresso maybe?)

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Ah...no pop thanks. (However there is a decent coffee cart on the Universe of Energy side of the path just pass the walkthru that has mousegears on one side and the electric umbrella on the other. Expresso maybe?)
I know the one of which you speak! Done!

I've never been inside the Electric Umbrella. Is it any good?

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Just send those temps up whenever you can Jasper. Hey, why not use DDODS? (Drummerboy's Discount Overnight Delivery Service)

Would either of you mind picking me up a shirt from Mousegears? I could use a Mickey or Tigger. Here's some $.

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM

Well DH, DS, DSIL, DB & DN liked it. (great big greasy burgers fries etc for all I think). I wasn't there as I was doing the gardens around the world tour and trying very very hard to make the plants be quiter after my birthday dinner of the night before. Frankly it's not my thing but they really liked it.

So now that we have caffine going wanta try the video games at the end of MIS. No spinning no icky required.

alpro2
03-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Electrifying!

So I was thinking (scary thought isn't it)...what shall I use for my customer avatar? Perhaps a picture of me in the little Tink outfit? :D

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Just send those temps up whenever you can Jasper. Hey, why not use DDODS? (Drummerboy's Discount Overnight Delivery Service)

Would either of you mind picking me up a shirt from Mousegears? I could use a Mickey or Tigger. Here's some $.

Scott the ones at AK are much better for Tigger. Do you want Mickey then? What size? Or do you want like a bowling shirt style?

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
)...what shall I use for my customer avatar? D

You give your customers avatars? That could get really really fun!

alpro2
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
You give your customers avatars? That could get really really fun!
LOL! I can tell that I am working too hard these days. :shake:

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
So now that we have caffine going wanta try the video games at the end of MIS. No spinning no icky required.So I wont be eating there in all liklihood -- that's what I thought.... I know the MiS game area well -- You forget I have a 3 year old with some 40 Disney days under his belt -- We've spent QUALITY hours there..... I can really execute a Mars rescue mission!

Electrifying!

So I was thinking (scary thought isn't it)...what shall I use for my customer avatar? Perhaps a picture of me in the little Tink outfit? :D I imagine they are wanting to attract new customers, not freak them out! Maybe just a head shot?

alpro2
03-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I imagine they are wanting to attract new customers, not freak them out! Maybe just a head shot?
Et tu, Jen! I am shocked! I thought you were different! You are starting to sound like Bobsey Babe and Banker Babe.

For the record, I meant to ask, what shall I use for my CUSTOM avatar???

We all can't be wise guys on this thread. ;)

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
So I wont be eating there in all liklihood -- that's what I thought.... I know the MiS game area well -- You forget I have a 3 year old with some 40 Disney days under his belt -- We've spent QUALITY hours there..... I can really execute a Mars rescue mission!
I imagine they are wanting to attract new customers, not freak them out! Maybe just a head shot? I just had head shots done...those are freaky!!

I think what Alex was trying to allude to is the chance to sponser servers for Icot and get a custom avatar for yourself. So how bout it folks tink with shoes? Just shoes? Shoes and coffee? Just Coffee? Shoes and diamonds? Shoes and food?

LOL! I can tell that I am working too hard these days. :shake: and lol back at you. Where is the question in this though oh fearless steak eater?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Et tu, Jen! I am shocked! I thought you were different! You are starting to sound like Bobsey Babe and Banker Babe. The Ides of March are upon us Alex. ;) (For the record, you have me pegged :D ). I don't think any man in a Tink costume would be a pleasant offering (sorry guys!) -- I think it would be unpleasant with most women as well (looking in mirror!). I personally like my avatar -- Maybe I'll just have my userid superscribed.....

Nat, weren't they already working on one for you?

alpro2
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
So how bout it folks tink with shoes? Just shoes?

Hey, hey...this is a family friendly site.

Originally Posted by offwego
and lol back at you. Where is the question in this though oh fearless steak eater?

Ok, you got me. Not like somebody we know who goes back in and edits their post. ;)
Shall I wear peep toes with that outfit? :D

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Hey, hey...this is a family friendly site.

Ok, you got me. Not like somebody we know who goes back in and edits their post. ;)
Shall I wear peep toes with that outfit? :D

Yes peep toes they are the thing this season Alex!

And I meant just an Avatar with Shoes in it...Catch a guy missing a question and he gets all picky.

Jen I think Carol have an idea with Tink and shoes in it. (of course) but not sure if she still has it or what.

I like the idea of keeping yours and putting your userid on it. (mine is pretty popluar though). I don't change them often so that part won't bug me. And I'd enjoy it more then a t-shirt honestly.

Wonder what Frankies might look like. Any ideas?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
:spy:

Like this?

alpro2
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
What can be more frightening than me dressed as Tink with peep toe shoes? Frankie dressed as Tink with peep toe shoes. :D

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
And will Ken be in traditional octoberfest garb?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
What can be more frightening than me dressed as Tink with peep toe shoes? Frankie dressed as Tink with peep toe shoes. :D
Yes...but he has award winning legs. Remember?

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM

Depends on who goes for which ones. Cnn has some on for spring trends in python print in blue. Or Red ones. Frankie likes red I think. If your a blue person that's scarier.

What about everyone else? Should Di have a phone in hers? Or should Ellen have a bike? HMM this could be fun indeed.

alpro2
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes...but he has award winning legs. Remember?
Which award may you be referring to?

offwego
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Which award may you be referring to?

Frankie won best male legs at an intercot meet some time back. I know he beat out Ian but not sure who else. Jen do you remember?

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Frankie won best male legs at an intercot meet some time back. I know he beat out Ian but not sure who else. Jen do you remember?
I have no details....I have only heard that he has award winning legs. Everytime I think of it I have a mental image of "The Old Man" opening his "Major Award" in "A Christmas Story". Do you think Frankie's legs light up?

offwego
03-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I have no details....I have only heard that he has award winning legs. Everytime I think of it I have a mental image of "The Old Man" opening his "Major Award" in "A Christmas Story". Do you think Frankie's legs light up?

GET THE GLUE!! Ah I love that movie. There you are Alex you get something from that movie. What about one of the kid with the tonuge stuck to the pole?

No the story behind the award as I recall is that there was a meet and pictures of legs were taken and then a vote was held and then Frankie won.

How about a best shoes competion?

disneydrmr
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Alex is gonna wear Peeps on his toes? Won't they get all melty and squishy? Is he gonna wear the peep chicks or the peep bunnies? Personally I think the bunnies would work a bit better as shoes, but the chicks could possibly be a bit easier on the feet - the heads could even possibly be like a massage on your heels.

If this week doesn't end soon I think I will go postal. More computer / phone issues. I'm ready to do some serious damage to it....:mad:

offwego
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM
the heads could even possibly be like a massage on your heels.

If this week doesn't end soon I think I will go postal. More computer / phone issues. I'm ready to do some serious damage to it....:mad:

So in addtion to getting candy on his feet it will have to be backwards?

Sorry about your day Di...did you want to pick our next ride at Epcot then? Maybe a nice relaxing spin on spaceship earth?

Christine
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Okay, I just got home and clearly I have been too busy lately b/c I am lost and have a lot of catching up to do!!

Why is Alex dressing up as Tink? (PLEASE tell me there is a reason, not just b/c it's a random Thursday!)

Di, how is your heart going to settle down when your work is driving you crazy? Can you take some down time??? Maybe I should rephrase that...you need to take some down time!

Nat, thanks for your input on my "Meet the Robinsons" post...you may be right, although I wish Disney would leave that kind of stuff to Lifetime!!

Jenn and Scott, why was I at Outback Steakhouse yesterday?

Jasper...oh sorry, he see this on account of all the dust I've left him in the race to 3000!

Scott, how's my trash talk coming???:D

I know I am leaving things out, but I have to run AGAIN! Time to pick up DD!

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Ok, who asked me about the shirt? Was it Banker Babe? Medium please. And a Mickey would be just fine.
Speaking of Mickey, :hi: Christine! How's my dog doing? ;) All nice and groomed?

"You'll shoot your eye out!" Sorry, couldn't resist. Haha!

offwego
03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Why is Alex dressing up as Tink? (PLEASE tell me there is a reason, not just b/c it's a random Thursday!)

Something about a Tink meeting in New York not as bad as it sounds.

Di, how is your heart going to settle down when your work is driving you crazy? Can you take some down time??? Maybe I should rephrase that...you need to take some down time!

Oh oh now we will hear about the dreaded points again...hide!!

Nat, thanks for your input on my "Meet the Robinsons" post...you may be right, although I wish Disney would leave that kind of stuff to Lifetime!!

Christine glad you weren't upset or anything. When you think about it they often have tackled difficult stuff, bambi in particular was devestating!! (at least to me I still can't watch that scene). In any case active parenting is always the best bet isn't it?

Jenn and Scott, why was I at Outback Steakhouse yesterday? Oh dear...

Jasper...oh sorry, he see this on account of all the dust I've left him in the race to 3000!

You go girl!!

Scott, how's my trash talk coming???:D
As long as the trash isn't talking
I know I am leaving things out, but I have to run AGAIN! Time to pick up DD!

Have fun picking up DD! I just finished talking to my DS and had asked him to invite a few (like 3) friends over one late afternoon for dinner and an early video. Darling boy who's too used to his china collecting mama called it a "dinner party" and the kids thought they needed invites like a b-day. So guess who has to go get invites now for his dinner party? An 11 year old dinner party??? Oh and he has ideas for his "menu"

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Darling boy who's too used to his china collecting mama called it a "dinner party" and the kids thought they needed invites like a b-day. So guess who has to go get invites now for his dinner party? An 11 year old dinner party??? Oh and he has ideas for his "menu"

Hahaha! Do they have to wear tuxes too?

dlpmikki
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I have no details....I have only heard that he has award winning legs.
I recall it was some thing about the 'hairiest legs'? How well would that go with a Tink outfit? :sick:

Not just random Christine - Alex may be going to meet Margaret Kelly, the model for Tink on Friday and wanted to make an impresion. What sort of impression is still open to question, but he is hoping for cookies. :D

offwego
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Ok, who asked me about the shirt? Was it Banker Babe? Medium please. And a Mickey would be just fine.
Speaking of Mickey, :hi: Christine! How's my dog doing? ;) All nice and groomed?

"You'll shoot your eye out!" Sorry, couldn't resist. Haha! Nota finga!

Hahaha! Do they have to wear tuxes too?

I forgot to ask about dress code. Do you think I should have? DS loves to have us all dress up for a "fancy dinner" on a friday or saturday. Fine china, silver, collar shirt & khakis or dress pants, dress for me etc. complete with napkins folded into flowers and the whole nine yards. It's pretty funny when your son can do up to 3 different napkin folds!

disneydrmr
03-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I get to choose the next ride? Oh boy! Ok, let's all trek over to MK and take a ride on Stitch's Great Escape!!!! :D I NEED NEED NEED a Stitch fix!!! And a big hug in those warm, fuzzy, blue arms of his!!!!!

Nascfan
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, who's idea was it to let Diane pick the next ride? Sigh. Ya'll had to know she was going to pick Stitch.

I'm about out of here, have a good night everyone!

P.S. Christine, your trash talk still needs some work hon. ;)

offwego
03-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Ok, who's idea was it to let Diane pick the next ride? Sigh. Ya'll had to know she was going to pick Stitch.

I'm about out of here, have a good night everyone!
Mine sorry...but I did get your medium shirt does that help?

I get to choose the next ride? Oh boy! Ok, let's all trek over to MK and take a ride on Stitch's Great Escape!!!! :D I NEED NEED NEED a Stitch fix!!! And a big hug in those warm, fuzzy, blue arms of his!!!!!
Uh Di...does stress reduction and Stitches great escape go together? Shouldn't we maybe do breakie at the poly instead?

I recall it was some thing about the 'hairiest legs'? How well would that go with a Tink outfit? :sick:

Not just random Christine - Alex may be going to meet Margaret Kelly, the model for Tink on Friday and wanted to make an impresion. What sort of impression is still open to question, but he is hoping for cookies. :D

I couldn't remember if it was hairest or least hairy. For some reason I thought Frankie one least hairy? Do we have to do this again then?

And Alex will do most anything for cookies apparently. Except maybe shoe shop.

disneydrmr
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, if no one wants to ride Stitch's Great Escape then let's hop over to the Poly and eat with Stitch at 'Ohana.. is that better? EVeryone ok with this idea? YOu might wanna keep the maracas away from me though - I just might use them to bonk my computer/phone system and all of our "Computer Specialists" on the head!!!!! (hmmmm... wonder if that would make a pretty sound???? :thedolls: )

dlpmikki
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Ok, if no one wants to ride Stitch's Great Escape then let's hop over to the Poly and eat with Stitch at 'Ohana.. is that better? EVeryone ok with this idea? YOu might wanna keep the maracas away from me though - I just might use them to bonk my computer/phone system and all of our "Computer Specialists" on the head!!!!! (hmmmm... wonder if that would make a pretty sound???? :thedolls: )

If we are having breakfast that sounds great! :D I suspect the maracas might make a better sound than the specialists do at the moment! ;)

Can we go visit Mickey in the Judges Tent next? Huh? Huh? Pretty please? :whistle: :angel: :tiphat:

offwego
03-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Ok, if no one wants to ride Stitch's Great Escape then let's hop over to the Poly and eat with Stitch at 'Ohana.. is that better? :thedolls: )

Sounds great...all the coffee I want!!

And Mikki sure we can go over there after.

Where to next then folks? Perhaps the TTA for Jenn? Or Buzz...lets see if Jenn can repeat!

disneydrmr
03-08-2007, 04:58 PM
If we are having breakfast that sounds great! :D I suspect the maracas might make a better sound than the specialists do at the moment! ;)

Can we go visit Mickey in the Judges Tent next? Huh? Huh? Pretty please? :whistle: :angel: :tiphat:

I wonder if each specialist's head would make a different sound as I bonk it? :D

Ok, Since I get my Stitch fix you can have a Mickey fix. But I gotta stop in the Poly gift shop first to buy up all the Stitch themed suveneers!!!!

Christine
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM

He's embarassed...he doesn't like getting his hair cut. They put a shamrock patterned bandana on him and all. He's :humph: at the moment!

Have fun picking up DD! I just finished talking to my DS and had asked him to invite a few (like 3) friends over one late afternoon for dinner and an early video. Darling boy who's too used to his china collecting mama called it a "dinner party" and the kids thought they needed invites like a b-day. So guess who has to go get invites now for his dinner party? An 11 year old dinner party??? Oh and he has ideas for his "menu"

That's hysterical! Can't wait to hear about that!

That is very cool! I wish I could be there for that (the meeting Margaret Kelly, not the hairy legged Tink! No offense, Alex!);)

P.S. Christine, your trash talk still needs some work hon. ;)

Diane, SINCE YOU'VE BEEN UNDER THE WEATHER, I will go to Stitch's Great Escape with you. Then of course I will be ill and you will have to go on what I pick next!!! :D

And Scott, I will study up on my trash talk and make you proud!! :number1:

Off to soccer practice...I'm not sure why we bother paying rent...we're never home, we could live in the car!

Have a good night everyone!

(In keeping that "Christmas Story" spirit)
"How do the little piggies eat???"