PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Follow the Green Bunny

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

offwego
03-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I think the family theme is always fun! But whatever you like we should be able to accomodate you. Pirates are sure to be hot again this year!

Anyone know when Pirates 3 is going to be released?

Memorial day isn't it?

Jasper
03-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Memorial day isn't it?

Thanks, I kind of thought that was what I had heard but I couldn't remember.

It's rough when you start having those "senior moments" isn't it?

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Um, Ken - if you think Christine won't notice that moldy, faded green plastic lawn furniture - well.... Hmmmm.. maybe if we stick a few potted plants over there.. and how about a nice, bright throw rug to put over that other stain on that side of the room... change all the lightbulbs to dimmer ones and cover the windows so it's not so bright in here.. yeah, you just might get away with it Ken. :rolleyes:

So, what kind of mischief can we get into today? I need a distraction....

Jasper
03-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Um, Ken - if you think Christine won't notice that moldy, faded green plastic lawn furniture - well.... Hmmmm.. maybe if we stick a few potted plants over there.. and how about a nice, bright throw rug to put over that other stain on that side of the room... change all the lightbulbs to dimmer ones and cover the windows so it's not so bright in here.. yeah, you just might get away with it Ken. :rolleyes:

I have a bright orange and lime green rug and some pink flamingos, do you think we can use any of that to hide the damage. . . er, I mean to improve Christine's place?

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I have a bright orange and lime green rug and some pink flamingos, do you think we can use any of that to hide the damage. . . er, I mean to improve Christine's place?

Oh yeah! If you set the pink flamingos in that corner and put a lampshade on their heads - maybe she won't notice that her old lamps are 'missing'... You could use that rug to cover the big hole in the back yard.. is it large enough?

offwego
03-15-2007, 01:13 PM
It's rough when you start having those "senior moments" isn't it?
Jasper I'm 36...I'm not even close to ready to admit to seniors moments yet!

I'm not feeling the idea of a JQ design team I'll tell you that much.

Did you guys ever watch trading spaces? Are you from the Hildie school of design?

Oh yeah! If you set the pink flamingos in that corner and put a lampshade on their heads - maybe she won't notice that her old lamps are 'missing'... You could use that rug to cover the big hole in the back yard.. is it large enough?

And when it gets dark?

drummerboy
03-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Deb wouldn't buying even more discounted food from DDWS & SFS lead to other medical issues? Or are expiry dates not key anymore?
You do know that those expiration dates are just suggestions don't you? Besides, we haven't had that many complaints from the survivors.

Jasper you can drive a backhoe? cool!
In the last State Park where I worked, I had to operate a front-end loader from time to time. Maybe Jasper and I can kind of...relandscape...Christine's back yard for her. I think we should leave the fountain that Jasper created when he hit that pipe.

offwego
03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
In the last State Park where I worked, I had to operate a front-end loader from time to time. Maybe Jasper and I can kind of...relandscape...Christine's back yard for her. I think we should leave the fountain that Jasper created when he hit that pipe.

If we aim some coloured lights at it and put them on a timer it could be a real show stopper don't you think?

Funny, I must finance a ton of that kinda stuff and I've never even thought of trying to drive any. (most of my clients would prefer I not try to kill my self on their equipment apparently).

However anyone that has a "line" often teases me about trying to make "widgets" or whatever they make. Lucky for me it's just been teasing so far. I have gotten to pick colours sometimes though!

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 01:54 PM

HEY! If we have a computer expert on here they can time the 'fountain' to music and she can have her own home version of the Epcot dancing fountain in her yard! (Think that would make up for the other 'improvements' we made?)

Nat - don't you think we are more like Doug from Trading Spaces? When it gets dark you ask? Well, that's where the new 'skylight' feature that Alex and Scott "installed' with their indoor grill experiment comes into play...

offwego
03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Nat - don't you think we are more like Doug from Trading Spaces? When it gets dark you ask? Well, that's where the new 'skylight' feature that Alex and Scott "installed' with their indoor grill experiment comes into play...

I think Ellen is our computery person no?

Doug often or sometimes anyway did stuff I could perhaps have understood but Hildie?

The stapled to the wall records?
The wine labels glued indvidually to the walls?
The silk flowers also stapled to bathroom walls?

That women was more dangerous then Ken, Alex, Scott, Frankie & Jasper on a cookie/sugar high with BBQ's!!

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I like the fountain idea -- the flamingos....not so much.

Just ate too much (its the coffee that always puts one over the top I have found!). Baileys Creme Caramel for dessert. I couldn't resist! Anyone care for a mint?

offwego
03-15-2007, 02:43 PM

Just ate too much (its the coffee that always puts one over the top I have found!). Baileys Creme Caramel for dessert. I couldn't resist! Anyone care for a mint?

Is it wafer thin?

Di so whats are distraction? are we going somewhere? Or doing something? What about State Parks? I don't know anything about any of them. Can Ken educate us on them?

Or....maybe everyone could post their perfect tuna sandwhich construction method?

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Is it wafer thin?? No quotes from that scene to a gal with a full tummy....capice? :sick:

Or....maybe everyone could post their perfect tuna sandwhich construction method? Mine all starts with a visit to Colombia Harbor House :eat:

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 02:54 PM

Is it a chocolate mint? If so I'll have to pass.. And what's wrong with the flamingos? They'll have lampshades over their heads..:D

Di so whats are distraction? are we going somewhere? Or doing something? What about State Parks? I don't know anything about any of them. Can Ken educate us on them?

Or....maybe everyone could post their perfect tuna sandwhich construction method?

I would LOVE to go to a State Park, or a National Park! Those were some of the best vacations my family took growing up! I love Smoky Mountain National Park best! Have you been to any of our National Parks Nat?

Tuna salad sandwich construction? Are we that bored????;)

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
No quotes from that scene to a gal with a full tummy....capice? :sick:

Mine all starts with a visit to Colombia Harbor House :eat:
Don't worry that's the only line I know. Your pretty safe!

Is it a chocolate mint? If so I'll have to pass.. And what's wrong with the flamingos? They'll have lampshades over their heads..:D

I would LOVE to go to a State Park, or a National Park! Those were some of the best vacations my family took growing up! I love Smoky Mountain National Park best! Have you been to any of our National Parks Nat?

Tuna salad sandwich construction? Are we that bored????;)

I've never been to any of your state parks.or National ones (Lots of our Provincial Parks however and some of the National ones here...I even have one in my town).

I don't know if we are that bored..but it's illegal for Jenn and I to discuss PB&J so I thought maybe tuna.

Would grill cheese be better?

Or Salad?

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't worry that's the only line I know. Your pretty safe!:whew:

I don't know if we are that bored..but it's illegal for Jenn and I to discuss PB&J so I thought maybe tuna.
:whisper: Nat (Jenn whispering to Nat) So this is a covert operation? :spy: If you would ever give me the code, I could reply some!!!

dlpmikki
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Poor Christine! Though I think some of the creative ideas for making the mess look desirable are pretty good :party:

The best way to do a Tuna Sandwich is Mrs Sieffs. Anyone know what that is on your side of the pond? I used to do whole Dinner Parties on Mrs sieffs recipies when I was working :D

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
:whew:
:whisper: Nat (Jenn whispering to Nat) So this is a covert operation? :spy: If you would ever give me the code, I could reply some!!! Well I wish I had the code for finding more snacks without nuts for school. DS is going to look like the quaker no nut granola bars! His fave part about march break is a pb & J!! :goof:

Poor Christine! Though I think some of the creative ideas for making the mess look desirable are pretty good :party:

The best way to do a Tuna Sandwich is Mrs Sieffs. Anyone know what that is on your side of the pond? I used to do whole Dinner Parties on Mrs sieffs recipies when I was working :D
Mrs Sieffs? Is this the British Martha?

I know about Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson but we need Ken's translation service on this one please.

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't, sorry Mikki. Is it anything like Marks & Spencer? We used to have a Marks & Spencer food shop near us that my Mom would get her "stash" from.

Jasper
03-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I think we should leave the fountain that Jasper created when he hit that pipe.

Is that what that was? I thought maybe we were close to geyser country and had our own "Old Faithful" going.

I was hoping to make a lot of money charging admission to see the new geyser. If we put a shut off on the line and have someone turn it on and off once an hour do you think anyone will notice it is not a real geyser?

I really don't think Christine will mind all the cars parked on her front lawn, do you?

Jasper
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
That women was more dangerous then Ken, Alex, Scott, Frankie & Jasper on a cookie/sugar high with BBQ's!!

Is that a challange?

By the way, wasn't she also the one who glued straw to the walls in one and dress patterns in another?

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 03:26 PM
MIKKI!!!! :party: CONGRATS:party: on hitting 7,000 posts! :yay: :clappy: :woohoo:

don't know who or what Mrs. seiffs is.. can you enlighten us?

So Mikki, since you like some of our 'redecorating' ideas - do you have any suggestions to offer us?

Jasper
03-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Hey, wait a minute, we are still trying to figure out what to do with Simon Cowell and you want to go and through another Brit at us?

By the way, did any of you see the episode where the contestant asked him if he had a work permit to be in this country? I am not normally an American Idol watcher but that one was really funny, even if the contestant was pathetic!

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Is that a challange?

By the way, wasn't she also the one who glued straw to the walls in one and dress patterns in another?

Good gravy no!! Can you imagine what else she might do if she thought you were competing with her? Glue or staple small animals? Movies? Plane tickets? Who knows she's just plain old weird!!!

And Mikki congrats!!! 7000 is just amazing!!!

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
:D
Is that what that was? I thought maybe we were close to geyser country and had our own "Old Faithful" going.

I was hoping to make a lot of money charging admission to see the new geyser. If we put a shut off on the line and have someone turn it on and off once an hour do you think anyone will notice it is not a real geyser?

I really don't think Christine will mind all the cars parked on her front lawn, do you?

Hmmmm... we could get more people in to see it if we do it every half hour...that would equate to more money.... We won't park the cars on Christine's lawn.. we'll use her neighbor's lawns and driveways...I mean - we don't want to ruin her grass or anything - do we? ;)

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey, wait a minute, we are still trying to figure out what to do with Simon Cowell and you want to go and through another Brit at us?

By the way, did any of you see the episode where the contestant asked him if he had a work permit to be in this country? I am not normally an American Idol watcher but that one was really funny, even if the contestant was pathetic!

Is that the guy who went back in New York from Seatle or something? I can't say I watch it much but remember something like that from one of the "why hasn't anyone who loves you stopped you from this" kinda people.

Mind you I'm still annoyed at Survivor taking a break this week even if it is lame this cycle. And with Romber getting eliminated I'm all out of reality tv for this week.

And worse yet I've started watching andromeda at 6am in the morning which makes little sense as I don't like sci-fi tv!

Jasper
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Hmmmm... we could get more people in to see it if we do it every half hour...that would equate to more money.... We won't park the cars on Christine's lawn.. we'll use her neighbor's lawns and driveways...I mean - we don't want to ruin her grass or anything - do we? ;)

Sounds like a good plan to me. I really don't think the neighbors will notice anyway what with all the noise and destruction we cause when we visit while Christine is gone.

Is that the guy who went back in New York from Seatle or something? I can't say I watch it much but remember something like that from one of the "why hasn't anyone who loves you stopped you from this" kinda people.

Mind you I'm still annoyed at Survivor taking a break this week even if it is lame this cycle. And with Romber getting eliminated I'm all out of reality tv for this week.

And worse yet I've started watching andromeda at 6am in the morning which makes little sense as I don't like sci-fi tv!

I really don't remember where the contestant was from. I kind of think it was a female but I might be wrong. And yes, it was one of those, why don't your friends stop you from doing this.

While there are certainly some contestants on Idol who are close but just not quite up to the talant of those selected, I really don't understand why the ones who are just awful try out? Can anyone explain to me why it is always the ones who are the most awful who think they are the most talented?

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Mikki come back....I googled mrs sieff and got some lady who headed up the "wizo" group which was womens international zionest organization.

I'm highly confused as to why she'd be helping you out with a tuna sandwhich. Any clues? However I did keep going a few pages and got a thing about an owner for marks and sparks is it for takeout? Or ready to eat stuff? (and do I get points for calling it marks and sparks?)

Jasper
03-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Mikki come back....I googled mrs sieff and got some lady who headed up the "wizo" group which was womens international zionest organization.

I'm highly confused as to why she'd be helping you out with a tuna sandwhich. Any clues? However I did keep going a few pages and got a thing about an owner for marks and sparks is it for takeout? Or ready to eat stuff? (and do I get points for calling it marks and sparks?)

Well, you know that some of the folks around here keep talking about covert operations and all, maybe this is what they are all involved in, you think?:D :D

Just kidding, we all know it is really the anti-doll league that they are involved with!:thedolls:

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
While there are certainly some contestants on Idol who are close but just not quite up to the talant of those selected, I really don't understand why the ones who are just awful try out? Can anyone explain to me why it is always the ones who are the most awful who think they are the most talented?

Did you hear about the one who contacted Dr. Phil as she couldn't deal with the idea that they had been mean to her? Hello do you think Dr. Phil's going to give you a box of kleenex and say oh you poor thing?

offwego
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, you know that some of the folks around here keep talking about covert operations and all, maybe this is what they are all involved in, you think?:D :D

Just kidding, we all know it is really the anti-doll league that they are involved with!:thedolls:

Well it did say she was born in 1890 so I don't think she was doing anything to weird.

I kinda like the dolls so you just never know. Secretly I still think they are a plot to make sure you never ever forget the Magic Kingdom. Afterall you all just thought of the song didn't you?

trackbarroness
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Well it did say she was born in 1890 so I don't think she was doing anything to weird.

I kinda like the dolls so you just never know. Secretly I still think they are a plot to make sure you never ever forget the Magic Kingdom. Afterall you all just thought of the song didn't you?

Oh yeah seeing how I rode the ride yesterday after meeting Main Street Jim. :cool:
And also had the song from the Haunted Mansion playing in my mind also. What a weird combination huh? :D

dlpmikki
03-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Oh dear! I was slightly afraid of this.....

I am not at all sure what the USA equivelent would be but Mrs Sieff refers to the wife of the founder of Marks and Spencer. This is a national chain of shops that used to be known for clothes but also went into food about 20 years ago and you can buy the most delicious ready made meals that you could pass off as home made. Oh and they do a mean Tuna Sandwich! :D

Does that get any clearer? ;)

Thank you for spotting the milestone - I knew it was within a hundred the other day but didn't notice I had reached it :party: I'll have to think about suitable decorations for Christine's to celebrate :thedolls:

drummerboy
03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I'll have to think about suitable decorations for Christine's to celebrate :thedolls:
Don't forget, DDPF (Drummerboy Discount Party Favors (Favours for our U.K. customers)) is having a great sale right now. Would you like that delivered by the boxcar or broken lots?

drummerboy
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Did the idea of party favors scare everybody off?

Jasper
03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Does that get any clearer? ;)

And just how clear do you think mud is?

Just kidding, that does help.

Beast_fanatic
03-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Is anyone else excited that tomorrow is Friday? :muscles: I'm so thoroughly excited! I'm hoping that I may finally get caught up on that hour of sleep we lost last week (plus the sleep I've lost all week due to weird dreams and restless nights).

mtown71
03-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi All!!! :) Just stopping by for the night. Would have been on sooner but I got distracted by a bunch of flamingoes & some bright orangy green rug. Anyone have any leftovers from lunch???? I didn't get a chance to eat any dinner tonight.

Jasper
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Is anyone else excited that tomorrow is Friday? :muscles: I'm so thoroughly excited! I'm hoping that I may finally get caught up on that hour of sleep we lost last week (plus the sleep I've lost all week due to weird dreams and restless nights).

So have you been hitting the sauce or the meds again or does lack of sleep just cause you to have weird dreams? Of course, you do realize that we can always blame anything, including weird dreams and restless nights, on the dolls!!:thedolls:

Isn't it great having a scapegoat for everything under the sun? I just wish I could get my wife to agree with me that :thedolls: are at the heart of everything that goes wrong around here!

Beast_fanatic
03-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Anyone have any leftovers from lunch???? I didn't get a chance to eat any dinner tonight.

I don't have any lunch leftovers, but I have some sloppy joes leftover from dinner. Would that be OK?

So have you been hitting the sauce or the meds again or does lack of sleep just cause you to have weird dreams?

The only meds I've had at night are Benadryl, and I took that to help me go to sleep. I'm really not sure what's causing the dreams, but it might very well be the :thedolls: . Only one of the dreams was Disney related though.

Jasper
03-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I don't have any lunch leftovers, but I have some sloppy joes leftover from dinner. Would that be OK?

The only meds I've had at night are Benadryl, and I took that to help me go to sleep. I'm really not sure what's causing the dreams, but it might very well be the :thedolls: . Only one of the dreams was Disney related though.

I just want to know who this Joe was that was so sloppy that he got a dish named after him? Why not a sloppy Sam, or Eric, or maybe a sloppy Pamela, or Susan?

Maybe we can start an Intercot campaign that will gain world wide attention from the news media and then the name will be changed forever and we will all get the credit!!!!!

Then again, maybe I will just sign off and go to bed now!

Jasper
03-15-2007, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=mtown71;1225151]Hi All!!! :) Would have been on sooner but I got distracted by a bunch of flamingoes & some bright orangy green rug. Anyone have any leftovers from lunch???? QUOTE]

Sorry I missed this post a minute ago Deb. But you know, you may be on to the source of Rhonda's weird dreams and restless nights! After all, that orange and green rug really does glow in the dark. Could that be what is keeping Rhonda up nights?

You know, I never did really figure out if it was the colors that made that rug glow or if it was the radioactive waste that was spilled on it?

Ok, now I really am off to bed. I know, promises, promises!

Christine
03-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Have you checked my suitcase (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF) today to see what goodies are in there?

Jasper
03-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Have you checked my suitcase (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF) today to see what goodies are in there?

I am sure everyone appreciates your gifts, but don't forget to enjoy your vacation, ok?

Plus, if you don't get all the souvineers it gives us a reason to go again ourselves!!

trackbarroness
03-16-2007, 04:52 AM

Hello hello welcome to SM err I mean I hope to see you real soon at SM. :D
I hope to meet other intercotees here at the world but I seem to meet people who post on other boards though. so why can't I find/meet other intercotties (outside of Main Street Jim that is)?
So who is up for a dole whip? :cool: Or a mickey ice cream? Besides me Lol

dlpmikki
03-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Great start, but where is the picture of Mickey? :mickey: :(

drummerboy
03-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Oh boy, oh boy. That's enough sticks that I can spare a few for throwing! Is the shirt an XXL?:blush:

alpro2
03-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Got home from Charleston at 1:30 AM last night. Flight delays like crazy. Woke up to SNOW! :mad: Nice in NY all week and winter returns when I get home. What is up with that?

DS supposed to play in the pit at his HS production of 42nd Street. School is closed. Wonder if the show will go on?

offwego
03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm excited that today is friday does that count?

So have you been hitting the sauce or the meds again or does lack of sleep just cause you to have weird dreams? Of course, you do realize that we can always blame anything, including weird dreams and restless nights, on the dolls!!:thedolls:

Isn't it great having a scapegoat for everything under the sun? I just wish I could get my wife to agree with me that :thedolls: are at the heart of everything that goes wrong around here!
You mean that's not what Husbands are for? This is a big surprise let me tell you!

Got home from Charleston at 1:30 AM last night. Flight delays like crazy. Woke up to SNOW! :mad: Nice in NY all week and winter returns when I get home. What is up with that?

DS supposed to play in the pit at his HS production of 42nd Street. School is closed. Wonder if the show will go on?
It's trying to follow you? It's a pink golf ball survial consipercy?

Oh boy, oh boy. That's enough sticks that I can spare a few for throwing! Is the shirt an XXL?:blush:

Christine is getting a pretty cool collection going! I sure hope she's feeling well. Now I have to go over and see if there is a trip report!

And Mikki thanks for clearing that up! I was thinking the first few hits couldn't be right!

drummerboy
03-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Christine is getting a pretty cool collection going! I sure hope she's feeling well. Now I have to go over and see if there is a trip report!
While you're over there, check out the reports on Tokyo disney from Melenears. She and Christine have both written very good reports. Almost makes me feel bad about the way we left Christine's house. Eh, it'll give her something to do when she gets home so she won't have the Disney blues.

What's up with the weather? We've had spring all week and then back to winter this weekend. At least it's not snow like Alex came home to.

offwego
03-16-2007, 09:58 AM
While you're over there, check out the reports on Tokyo disney from Melenears. She and Christine have both written very good reports. Almost makes me feel bad about the way we left Christine's house. Eh, it'll give her something to do when she gets home so she won't have the Disney blues.

What's up with the weather? We've had spring all week and then back to winter this weekend. At least it's not snow like Alex came home to.

Uh...you mean posting on all Mel's reports wasn't a clue that I looked at them? Should I bring a drum kit with me? (Kidding Ken!!Couldn't resist pulling your leg just a little) My snow left again thank goodness!

Should we not head over to Mel's house? Even though she's not a JQ person that would still make one interesting road trip don't you think??

Have any of you all done the party for the senses thing?

I'm thinking about this for our next trip and wanted to get some feedback but only got three responses in dining. Apparently until Harry gets older I have the only 12 year old in the world (well 12 by then) who might eat the stuff? Ellen help me out there your son eats stuff other then nuggets too right? Geesh!!

Christine
03-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Great start, but where is the picture of Mickey? :mickey: :(

Patience, grasshopper. Check in the bottom of my suitcase! And there may be another surprise in a day or two, just for you!

Just don't put anyone's eye out.

Well, we're off to MK. Sandy, I will stop in SM to see if I can meet you.

By the way guys, I do live in a shared wall townhome. You ARE making all of those "home improvements" on the right side, aren't you????

offwego
03-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, we're off to MK. Sandy, I will stop in SM to see if I can meet you.

By the way guys, I do live in a shared wall townhome. You ARE making all of those "home improvements" on the right side, aren't you????

Ruhoh..Ken did you ever find that sheetrock stuff?

And maybe we should uhem rethink the skylights then? The rugs should still be ok though.

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
THANKS Christine for my Stitch suvenear! How sweet of you! And all those other suvenears for everyone! Wow! Make sure you buy something for yourself! You live on the right side? Um, guys, are we on the right side? Or have we been on the wrong right side?

Sorry you are getting snow Alex. Seems the rain system that swept thru Ohio has decided to turn into a snow system for you. (no - I didn't ask it to ;) )

Nat, it's too late to rethink the skylights...I guess we need to some some patching on the roof?

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought they said that was the "other room"!!! I was thinking you had the fanciest kitchen in town!!!! (quick grab some posters....nobody will notice if we work quickly!)

Nat I am really interested in the Party for the Senses -- We'll have to align a holiday some day.... :eat: :marg: I am making a flourless chocolate and orange cake today --- anyone care to try some?

drummerboy
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Doesn't really matter, it's all kind of a 'pass-through' look now anyway, so left, right, whatever. You did say you always wanted a great room didn't you?

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I thought they said that was the "other room"!!! I was thinking you had the fanciest kitchen in town!!!! (quick grab some posters....nobody will notice if we work quickly!)

Nat I am really interested in the Party for the Senses -- We'll have to align a holiday some day.... :eat: :marg: I am making a flourless chocolate and orange cake today --- anyone care to try some?

What kind of posters? I have some old Menudo ones that I saved from my childhood...

I would LOVE some of that cake, if it had no chocolate in it :( ....

offwego
03-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Oh yes please!! I made the most interesting orange choc. cake the other day (it uses marmelade instead of juice or something and hardly any butter because of the jam I guess). Quite brownie likeish when it's done.

So for DH's birthday dinner (disgustingly early as we have a business thing to go to the 24th and need to get ready for our invasion the week after even though his birthday is the 26th) should I go for a "pretty" cake or a homemade looking cake? I have two versions of a choc. cake to make. One has a swiss mer. icing (read swirly fluffy pretty cake) the other is a more traditional "homemade butter icing" (read a little thicker gloopy kind). Both are a similiar cake style although one is more dense sounding.

We are having antipasto (cold cuts, roasted peppers olives etc) to start as per DH's request. Prime rib with a garlic/horseradish rub and celeryroot/potato mash along with roasted carrots & parsnips and a red wine gravy. If that matters. I may toss in a salad or soup course not sure. Thoughts suggestions?

The antipasto will be served with Processco and the beef with a cab from California if that helps. (and of course Jenn I have some starbucks for with the Cake)

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Thank you for my souvenir Christine! :D :hug:

Cake? We have cake? Thanks Jenn!

Boy have I missed you guys.

offwego
03-16-2007, 10:52 AM
What kind of posters? I have some old Menudo ones that I saved from my childhood...

I would LOVE some of that cake, if it had no chocolate in it :( ....

Remind me again why you have given up chocolate? Is it in regards to your pal Frankie drummerboy? Or did you give it up for lent. Isn't dark chocolate supposed to be good for your heart?

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you for my souvenir Christine! :D :hug:

Cake? We have cake? Thanks Jenn!

Boy have I missed you guys.
:hi: Scott!! :wave: Nice to see you back!

Di -- would you like some ice-cream instead? This cake uses a whole orange -- boiled for 2 hours then cooled and completely mulched up for the liquid..... and 1 1/2 cups of cocoa -- so maybe too much chocolate for you?

When's dinner Nat? We're having company tomorrow night, but otherwise we are free :eat:

offwego
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
:hi: Scott!! :wave: Nice to see you back!

Di -- would you like some ice-cream instead? This cake uses a whole orange -- boiled for 2 hours then cooled and completely mulched up for the liquid..... and 1 1/2 cups of cocoa -- so maybe too much chocolate for you?

When's dinner Nat? We're having company tomorrow night, but otherwise we are free :eat:

Now Jenn where is that from? I've seen that one somewhere. Dinners Saturday come on down!

Scott we missed you!! I'm sure Jenn will share some cake but watch out for Ken and his hammers.

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Nat - chocolate has caffeine so the specialist wants me to avoid ALL caffeine for now.

Jenn - I would LOVE some ice cream (even though our temps have dipped back to freezing). Do you have any Cinnamon? Or maybe some Black Cherry?

Welcome back Scott! You have been missed!

So, what's the plan today for Christine's home "renovention"?

offwego
03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Nat - chocolate has caffeine so the specialist wants me to avoid ALL caffeine for now.

Whoa that's harsh! If the dr's wanted me to give up caffine they'd better give DH and my co-workers some pain meds or something.

I have some maple walnut Di would that do?

Maybe Christine can give you some pics of non choc. desserts? Like the rice krispie treats?

dlpmikki
03-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Patience, grasshopper. Check in the bottom of my suitcase! And there may be another surprise in a day or two, just for you!

Awwww..... Thank you! :joy:

Do you think the boys are sending their bad weather over here? Forcast is for snow here too - almost unheard of this late in March!

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Scott we missed you!! I'm sure Jenn will share some cake but watch out for Ken and his hammers.

I thought Ken was playing with his drumsticks? Although that could make for some interesting home renovations for Christine too.

How about mint chocolate chip? Do we have any of that ice cream?

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Whoa that's harsh! If the dr's wanted me to give up caffine they'd better give DH and my co-workers some pain meds or something.

I have some maple walnut Di would that do?

Maybe Christine can give you some pics of non choc. desserts? Like the rice krispie treats?

I'm ok without caffeine - I don't need it to be in a good mood or anything like that. I just can't stand not having chocolate! I did cheat last Saturday though.. and it was ALL Scott's fault. His wife made a WONDERFUL Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie that had a chocolate topping on it!

Um, I"m not sure about Maple Walnut - do you have any Butter Pecan?

Yeah, Christine could be providing us treats also! I mean, we are 'fixing' up her house for her - FREE of charge and all! :D ;)

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought Ken was playing with his drumsticks? Although that could make for some interesting home renovations for Christine too.

How about mint chocolate chip? Do we have any of that ice cream?

Hmmm... is that what all that banging is? :drum: :drummer: I thought it was Jaspar outside jackhammering around the new geyser/fountain area.

Nope, don't have any mint chocolate chip. Sorry... but hey - I found some Chili Dog Ice Cream in the back of Christine's freezer (has the Drummerboy Discount Ice Cream Shoppe logo on it).. I"m sure she wouldn't mind if you ate it.

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Nope, don't have any mint chocolate chip. Sorry... but hey - I found some Chili Dog Ice Cream in the back of Christine's freezer (has the Drummerboy Discount Ice Cream Shoppe logo on it).. I"m sure she wouldn't mind if you ate it.

Bleah. :sick:

How is Saturday's cheat my fault? Oh yeah the dessert. But hey, we didn't tell you to have three pieces. ;)

ElenitaB
03-16-2007, 01:09 PM
My gosh... I'm away for a day and now I had to spend almost an hour just to catch on you guys! They've installed WiFi on the treatment floor. I just might have to bring my laptop with me just so I can keep up. ;)

But you've convinced me...black it is. I was thinking that might be to sombre for mid-march but I'll just get some jazzy necklace or something. I do have my eye on the right pair of shoes already!
When are you planning on buying these items!?! Isn't it mid-March already?

Same thing. We have some uh, issues, with the drywall where Alex and Scott decided to play a pickup football game.
Thank goodness it was football. I thought maybe Alex was using his pink goofballs since they didn't allow them to do so on his trip.

IAnyone know when Pirates 3 is going to be released?
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is slated to debut on Friday, May 25 (guess who will be there). The trailer will be shown on television on March 19 (Monday) during Dancing with the Stars (which I never watch but will make an exception in this case) and debut online thereafter.

I think Ellen is our computery person no?
Do you know that the scary part is once it was posted about the dancing fountains, my mind immediately went to "how would you program that?" And then your comment really made me realize what a geek girl I am! :geek:

Does the geyser run black by any chance? We are talking Texas after all!

Did the idea of party favors scare everybody off?
I love the idea of party favors! What do you have in mind?

So who is up for a dole whip? :cool: Or a mickey ice cream? Besides me Lol
Silly girl... I'm always up for a Dole Whip! (Though I do prefer the Pineapple Float :papple: :cloud9: )

Have any of you all done the party for the senses thing?

I'm thinking about this for our next trip and wanted to get some feedback but only got three responses in dining. Apparently until Harry gets older I have the only 12 year old in the world (well 12 by then) who might eat the stuff? Ellen help me out there your son eats stuff other then nuggets too right? Geesh!!
Ben definitely eats thing besides chicken strips (though I must confess that we do like them a lot :blush: ). I haven't seen the menu for the Party of the Senses, but I think he'd be game for trying new things. I think your DS would really enjoy the Party. What did he finally decide on the menu for his party?

I am making a flourless chocolate and orange cake today --- anyone care to try some?
Yes! :yes:

Yes, it's snowing here as well. :mad: I'm fresh out of groundhog meat or it would definitely be on the menu this weekend. As for late snow, I remember it snowing one year in April. Don't want to do that again!

Anyone (besides Nat) have fun weekend plans? My new treadmill is set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

offwego
03-16-2007, 01:21 PM
When are you planning on buying these items!?! Isn't it mid-March already?

Thank goodness it was football. I thought maybe Alex was using his pink goofballs since they didn't allow them to do so on his trip.

Ben definitely eats thing besides chicken strips (though I must confess that we do like them a lot :blush: ). I haven't seen the menu for the Party of the Senses, but I think he'd be game for trying new things. I think your DS would really enjoy the Party. What did he finally decide on the menu for his party?

Anyone (besides Nat) have fun weekend plans? My new treadmill is set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

A tread mill and a bike? How big is your apartment?

DS decided on cheeseburgers, smoked paprika potato salad and cupcakes for dessert. He didn't want his friends to not have fun he says. (He had briefly toyed with greek marinated chicken or soulvaki...then changed his mind!)

And I'll be picking up the dress and shoes this weekend. They are for next weekend. It's not like you need these suckers before the event or anything. Plus all these cocktail dresses get on DH's nerves so I try to just sneak them in on time.

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Anyone (besides Nat) have fun weekend plans? My new treadmill is set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait! :hi: Ellen! How are you doing?

Can I tell you guys how good my house smells right now? I have potatoes cooking in cream, cloves and mace on the stove, and the orange/chocolate cake finishing off in the oven. Even :sick: DS8 is saying.... "what smells so good?" I told him it's tomorrow's dinner -- could I get him a piece of toast? He wasn't amused.

We are having some friends for dinner tomorrow night -- we circulate -- about every two months we end up at someone's house -- and have some fabulous food.... There are three couples representing 5 countries (and wine regions :rolleyes: ) -- and we always have a terrific time. So Nat....thanks for the offer, but I am busy tomorrow night -- can you send the leftovers for Sunday? :tasty:

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
:Even :sick: DS8 is saying.... "what smells so good?" I told him it's tomorrow's dinner -- could I get him a piece of toast? He wasn't amused.

-- and we always have a terrific time. So Nat....thanks for the offer, but I am busy tomorrow night -- can you send the leftovers for Sunday? :tasty:

Don't know about the left overs but I can try!

DS does that too!! Is it something about boys do you think?

Did the chili dog ice cream make everyone else take off?

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Jasper
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Do you think the boys are sending their bad weather over here? Forcast is for snow here too - almost unheard of this late in March!

Does this mean I shouldn't complain because we are only in the mid 40's today? Of course, you have to remember that on Wednesday we topped out at 81! Our average high this time of year in southern Indiana is about 60 degrees which is where we are suppose to be by Monday. Guess I won't complain TOO much!

By the way, If I had to give up ALL chocolate you might as well go ahead and dig my grave because I wouldn't last with no chocolate. I am down to one of the Hershey mini size a day but I don't know if I could do less!

So, do you think I am spoiled or what?

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:07 PM
So, do you think I am spoiled or what?

Depends. Does some one else have to unwrap the hersheys?

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Depends. Does some one else have to unwrap the hersheys?Is that like peeling a grape?

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Is that like peeling a grape?

I would think so. See I figured as long as Jasper was unwrapping his own candy bar he's fine.

If not maybe spoilt.

So are you going to fess up as to where the cake receipe is from? Inquiring cook book buying minds want to know!

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Didn't we go through the whole peeling grape conversation once before? Maybe I'm just having deja vu.
Sniiiiiiiif! I think I smell Jenn's cooking from here. Delicious!

I have some dark chocolate M&Ms. Always willing to share.

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I have some dark chocolate M&Ms. Always willing to share.

Shhshh...everyone will hear you. Pass them up here. Quietly ok? I love dark chocolate. sigh...

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
So are you going to fess up as to where the cake receipe is from? Inquiring cook book buying minds want to know! Sorry Nat -- I meant to .... It is from the sleezy seductress cooking wench.... Nigella Lawson. I can send you a link to all of the goodies I am making for dinner tomorrow -- The sage Chicken and Sausage recipe is a staple of ours (and I have some marinating in my fridgey right now!)

Sniiiiiiiif! I think I smell Jenn's cooking from here. Delicious! I have just added some of my secret CC Cookies (a request from my :sick: kid ) I'm gonna have to go out! My tummy's all a grumbly now!!

I have some dark chocolate M&Ms. Always willing to share. Yes please! Do you like Dark Mars Bars? They are nature's most perfect food. :tasty:

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 03:38 PM
What is that wonderful aroma that is assailing my senses? It must be Jenn's cooking! YUM! Can I hire you are my personal chef?

Anyone else wishing their day was over?

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 03:45 PM
There's a sleezy seductress cooking wench? What the heck does she cook in? Wait, don't answer that, family site. Haha!

Sending handfuls of M&Ms to my Canadian friends. I just hope they make it through customs ok. Of course, if I used the water route, that might solve that issue.

Di, where you been? Not the test kitchen, I hope. ;)

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 03:49 PM

Nope, have not been in the test kitchen! You should be so proud of me - they had lasagna and CHOCOLATE BROWNIES left over! I didn't touch any of it!!!!

I've been at our front desk - allowing our receptionist to take her 2 hour lunch :mad: (we only get 1 hour - but somehow every day she stretches it to almost 2 and NO ONE says anything to her :mad: ).

Anyone else have a hotmail email account? And if so - can you get into it? I'm not able to access it for some reason.

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry Nat -- I meant to .... It is from the sleezy seductress cooking wench.... Nigella Lawson. I can send you a link to all of the goodies I am making for dinner tomorrow -- The sage Chicken and Sausage recipe is a staple of ours (and I have some marinating in my fridgey right now!)
. :tasty:

Ah Hah!! I knew it! I haven't made the chicken sausage thing (I'm not a huge sausage person) however her lamb with the redcurrant/saffron sauce and garlic roasted potatoes is the bomb!!If Dh wasn't already married to me

And the lamb with beans is good. And so is the chili powder tinged pudding cake. The orange marmelade cake I mentioned was from her but the domestic goddess book. Do you have the forever summer one? I like the pasta's in that one. On and the feast one's shrimp appetizer for christmas eve with paprika is very popular in my house as well.

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
There's a sleezy seductress cooking wench? What the heck does she cook in? Wait, don't answer that, family site. Haha!

A Sweater set..that's apparently applied with double sided tape.

She's british though so you may need that dictionary of Ken's.

And I didn't see Di around here so must be elsewhere.

Scott you don't watch food network?

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 03:56 PM
What is that wonderful aroma that is assailing my senses? It must be Jenn's cooking! YUM! Can I hire you are my personal chef? Yes... as long as you accept a blt on my way tired days. :D

There's a sleezy seductress cooking wench? What the heck does she cook in? Wait, don't answer that, family site. Haha! She is so much so that Brian gets all mad if I watch her program.... It's kinda funny actually!

You should be so proud of me - they had lasagna and CHOCOLATE BROWNIES left over! I didn't touch any of it!!!!
I am proud of you -- I could go for lasagna today....

I've been at our front desk - allowing our receptionist to take her 2 hour lunch :mad: (we only get 1 hour - but somehow every day she stretches it to almost 2 and NO ONE says anything to her :mad: ). There's always one of those -- sometimes two. Just smile :D

Anyone else have a hotmail email account? And if so - can you get into it? I'm not able to access it for some reason. Can't say I do. I do have a book club account... Do you require anything?

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I've been at our front desk - allowing our receptionist to take her 2 hour lunch :mad: (we only get 1 hour - but somehow every day she stretches it to almost 2 and NO ONE says anything to her :mad: ).

Does she wear a sweaterset?

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Does she wear a sweaterset? hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha!!!!
:rotfl::laughing::haha: That's hilarious!!! Yeah -- her and that Mermaid Scott has the hots for! Can I borrow a question?

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Yes... as long as you accept a blt on my way tired days. :D
I am proud of you -- I could go for lasagna today....
Can't say I do. I do have a book club account... Do you require anything?

I would be more than delighted to have a blt on your tired days! I LOVE BLT's!!! (just make sure you add a slice of cheese to it - please)

I used to belong to a book club - but it got to expensive! I now belong to a Cook Book club and well, I'm trying to hide the expense from the DH.... I am running out of room though for my cook books.

No, she doesn't wear a sweaterset - she wears skirts all the time though - does that count?

Nascfan
03-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Nope, have not been in the test kitchen! You should be so proud of me - they had lasagna and CHOCOLATE BROWNIES left over! I didn't touch any of it!!!!

I am very proud of you! Good job. :) And why does she get special treatment? People like that bug me.

Scott you don't watch food network?

Nope, can't say as we do. My sister does though, I think. She talks about the Paula lady. The one from the south?

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha!!!!
:rotfl::laughing::haha: That's hilarious!!! Yeah -- her and that Mermaid Scott has the hots for! Can I borrow a question?

Don't be dissin' my Ariel now Jenn. ;)

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Do you guys realize how much we talk about food on this thread? Someone should go back to the start and count the number of posts that mention food... It's a wonder that this thread doesn't have a "Wide Load" sign on the entrance to it....

offwego
03-16-2007, 04:32 PM
No, she doesn't wear a sweaterset - she wears skirts all the time though - does that count?

With heels? Cause that's how you get an expense account just ask Alex!

offwego
03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Nope, can't say as we do. My sister does though, I think. She talks about the Paula lady. The one from the south?

Scott...that's the lady with all the butter right? She doesn't much look like Nigella...My dh will watch her all day long. Sound on or off doesn't matter.

Do you guys realize how much we talk about food on this thread? Someone should go back to the start and count the number of posts that mention food... It's a wonder that this thread doesn't have a "Wide Load" sign on the entrance to it....

And? Virtual food doesn't have calories...it's been a great help in my diet!

And we do talk shoes/clothes and fitness gear too sometimes.

Maybe we should talk books?

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 04:36 PM
With heels? Cause that's how you get an expense account just ask Alex!

Nope, never seen her in heels. Always flats. Why ask Alex? Did he get his expense account by wearing heels?

disneydrmr
03-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Scott...that's the lady with all the butter right? She doesn't much look like Nigella...My dh will watch her all day long. Sound on or off doesn't matter.

And? Virtual food doesn't have calories...it's been a great help in my diet!

And we do talk shoes/clothes and fitness gear too sometimes.

Maybe we should talk books?

Yeah, Scott is talking about Paula Deen - the one who cooks with gobs and gobs of butter! I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching her! I have all her cookbooks and have made several of her recipes! (hmmm.. maybe that's why I have my heart issues?)

I'm glad it's helping your diet - cause all the talk of food makes me hungry - so it's not helping my diet. Hmmm.. if virtual food doesn't have calories then would virtual exercise burn calories? If so.... :rope: :bike: :trampo: :walk: :roller:

alpro2
03-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Nope, never seen her in heels. Always flats. Why ask Alex? Did he get his expense account by wearing heels?
Peeptoes. No stockings. Isn't that the only way?

ElenitaB
03-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Di, I forgot to mention earlier how much I like your new avatar. Tres cute! :D

Did the chili dog ice cream make everyone else take off?
Uh oh! We're going down this road again?

Ah Hah!! I knew it! I haven't made the chicken sausage thing (I'm not a huge sausage person) however her lamb with the redcurrant/saffron sauce and garlic roasted potatoes is the bomb!!If Dh wasn't already married to me
I love Nigella Lawson and watched her when she was on E! I've even tried to make some of her dishes, but lower calorie versions of them. She really is awesome! How come I've never noticed her shoes before?

It's a wonder that this thread doesn't have a "Wide Load" sign on the entrance to it....
:rotfl:

My apt isn't that big... but a good chunk of the living room is dedicated to exercise equipment. Tonight after working on that mammoth spreadsheet for a bit, I have to clean out a year's worth of stuff that has landed around the old treadmill, move it out of the way to make way for the new treadmill which is to be delivered between 8 and 10 tomorrow morning! (Let's see if they make it on time with all the snow.) And DS is over at a friend's house for the evening. Wish me luck!

I need some virtual cookies. You know, the ones with no calories. I was soooo good today! I even had M&Ms in my hand and didn't eat them. But the aroma almost made me swoon. I'm determined to start losing weight again (I think the drugs I'm getting are not helping at all when it comes to my weight loss efforts. :( Oh well, as long as they kill the :thedolls: ).

mtown71
03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is slated to debut on Friday, May 25 (guess who will be there). The trailer will be shown on television on March 19 (Monday) during Dancing with the Stars (which I never watch but will make an exception in this case) and debut online thereafter.
Woo Hoo!!!!!! Do you think I would be able to kidnap Orlando Bloom???????? Can anyone help me with a plan to kidnap him????

Beast_fanatic
03-16-2007, 11:03 PM
The antipasto will be served with Processco and the beef with a cab from California if that helps. (and of course Jenn I have some starbucks for with the Cake)

Man, how much is that taxi fare? :eek:

I'm determined to start losing weight again (I think the drugs I'm getting are not helping at all when it comes to my weight loss efforts. :( Oh well, as long as they kill the :thedolls: ).

We're all for the drugs killing the :thedolls: ! I'm sure they aren't helping you with weight loss, but don't worry too much about that - just concentrate on getting healthy!

alpro2
03-17-2007, 08:02 AM
We're all for the drugs killing the :thedolls: ! I'm sure they aren't helping you with weight loss, but don't worry too much about that - just concentrate on getting healthy!
Ditto! :ditto: Get rid of the :thedolls: and then move on to the next step. Or you perhaps you can come over to my house and shovel the 6 inches of ice we received. That will be great exercise. Interested?

alpro2
03-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Opening night for 42nd Street. DS playing the sax in the pit. Last night was snowed out. Two shows tomorrow. I wonder who their drummerboy is? ;)

Beast_fanatic
03-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Why is Alex the only one that has posted today? :confused:

Christine
03-18-2007, 01:37 AM
I got some goodies today! Check my suitcase!

Souvenirs (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF)

Nat, I couldn't find the antenna topper tonight...but I will keep looking! And I haven't gotten your dole whip that you asked for yet, but I will do so soon!

Alex, Maria, Deb, you guys never told me what you would like...what can I get for you?

dlpmikki
03-18-2007, 04:06 AM
That picture of Figaro's cousin is adorable! Is he in Disney outfitters on Discovery island?

So sorry to hear about your back. Hope it eases up for you - you don't need any more problems when at WDW! Great to hear how much your FiL is enjoying himself :mickey:

alpro2
03-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Why is Alex the only one that has posted today? :confused:
Why do you sound so disappointed? ;)

Alex, Maria, Deb, you guys never told me what you would like...what can I get for you?
Oh, nothing that big. But how about the recording studio in RnRC? :D Or the giant Strat (my avatar)? How would that look in my front yard? Do you think my new neighbors would mind? They are kind of old and grumpy. ;)

That picture of Figaro's cousin is adorable! Is he in Disney outfitters on Discovery island?

Yes Mikki, but which cousin is he? What part of Disney Outfitters? What time of day is it? :D

Christine
03-18-2007, 10:33 AM

I thought you'd like that! But no, he is not in the Outfitters. Think about where I went last NIGHT!

Oh, nothing that big. But how about the recording studio in RnRC? :D Or the giant Strat (my avatar)? How would that look in my front yard?

I will do my best!

Is it just me or are we leaving the room later and later each day?

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry about being MIA yesterday. The treadmill arrived bright and early at 8:15! :D They set it up (thank goodness) and then I inaugurated it! :walk: It's a real beauty and has a little TV screen (I have to figure out how to hook up a portable DVD player to it so that I can watch those Long Way Round DVDs while exercising). I love it! But just a bit later I got the chills and went to bed... woke up with a 100 degree temp. I knew to expect temperatures and am to call the docs when it reaches 101. Luckily it didn't go there, and my mantra yesterday and today was "I will be just fine." In a perverse way, I'm glad to have gotten the fever... shows that the drugs are doing their thing!

But isn't being a healthy weight part of being healthy? That's my conundrum... also, they have a hard time dosing me properly at this tonnage.

Or you perhaps you can come over to my house and shovel the 6 inches of ice we received. That will be great exercise. Interested?
Gee, Alex, I'm so sorry that I didn't read this until today. (Not!)

Christine, yes, we do seem to be leaving the room later and later each day! I can't wait to read about your visit to Celebration though!

I need ideas for dinner tonight. We're having chicken, oven baked fries and veggies for lunch (a friend just came over and took DS out to go sledding :sled: ). I figure the least I can do is feed her and her DS a home-cooked meal. Anyone else want to come over?

dlpmikki
03-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I thought you'd like that! But no, he is not in the Outfitters. Think about where I went last NIGHT!

It must be World of Disney then but it didn't look like it! Figaro liked it so much that he has put up a special picture of 'Where's Figaro' just for you :secret: Do you think anyone will get it before you?

mtown71
03-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I got some goodies today! Check my suitcase!

Souvenirs (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF)

Nat, I couldn't find the antenna topper tonight...but I will keep looking! And I haven't gotten your dole whip that you asked for yet, but I will do so soon!

Love all the stuff you have gotten so far. Can you find me anything Koda or Chip & Dale? I love those guys!!!!!!
HI all!!! I finally have a few spare moments. What has everyone been doing this weekend? I have to get caught up on laundry & iron my scrubs for the weekend. Anyone want to help?

Beast_fanatic
03-18-2007, 03:53 PM

What about Jasper and Sandy (and anyone else I can't think of right now)? Sandy's probably difficult since she's got WDW at her fingertips.

ElenitaB
03-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Love all the stuff you have gotten so far. Can you find me anything Koda or Chip & Dale? I love those guys!!!!!!
HI all!!! I finally have a few spare moments. What has everyone been doing this weekend? I have to get caught up on laundry & iron my scrubs for the weekend. Anyone want to help?
Sure, I'll come right over. Surely DDA has a deep discount for those of us who want to help out with housework. :iron:

What about Jasper and Sandy (and anyone else I can't think of right now)? Sandy's probably difficult since she's got WDW at her fingertips.
I'd gladly take some pixie dust collected from Tink during Wishes.

drummerboy
03-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Sure, I'll come right over. Surely DDA has a deep discount for those of us who want to help out with housework. :iron:
Absolutely..but with one slight hitch. You'll need to iron all the flight attendants' uniforms from the last shift. 'K?

Christine, I really appreciate that last gift you posted, but I've already raised two girls and...wait. Those are drums in front of her aren't they? :blush: Thank you.

Oh, and are you trying to start a cat-fight by so blantantly making out with Stitch right in front of Di?

Beast_fanatic
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM

I'd gladly take some pixie dust collected from Tink during Wishes.

Should we cut you a break for the lack of question since you do have a fever? ;)

ElenitaB
03-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Should we cut you a break for the lack of question since you do have a fever? ;)
Let's not attribute it to the fever but to the sudden attack of MarthaStewartiditis. ;)

I do have questions for all of those who have trod muddy waters before me... how do you deal with an adolescent? Do you ignore them? Do you try to understand their rantings, mood swings and angst? Do you get ear plugs? Do you become super-disciplinarian? HELP!!!!!

Christine
03-19-2007, 03:51 AM
It must be World of Disney then but it didn't look like it! Figaro liked it so much that he has put up a special picture of 'Where's Figaro' just for you :secret: Do you think anyone will get it before you?

World of Disney it is! I will have to go look at where your Figaro is!

I will do my best!

Exactly...I figure in Sandy's case, what do you give the girl who has everything???

As for Jasper, when I asked everyone what they wanted before I got here, he was too shy to ask for a souvenir...so I will have to surprise him! Any suggestions??

Christine
03-19-2007, 04:20 AM
Nat, I have looked everywhere for a new antenna ball. The only one with hearts that I have found comes in a holiday set. Look in my suitcase (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF) and see if you would like this. I also left you a goody.

Do I really have to ask a question at 4:30AM???

dlpmikki
03-19-2007, 04:35 AM
Nat, I have looked everywhere for a new antenna ball. The only one with hearts that I have found comes in a holiday set. Look in my suitcase (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF) and see if you would like this. I also left you a goody.

What are you doing up at 4.30am?!!!

alpro2
03-19-2007, 06:25 AM
I do have questions for all of those who have trod muddy waters before me... how do you deal with an adolescent? Do you ignore them? Do you try to understand their rantings, mood swings and angst? Do you get ear plugs? Do you become super-disciplinarian? HELP!!!!!
To answer your questions Ellen: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Unfortunately there is no easy answer - it is all of the above. Just tell him that when he becomes the mommy of the family, then he can do what he wants. ;)

What are you doing up at 4.30am?!!!
What are you doing up at 4:30am Mikki? :)

offwego
03-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Peeptoes. No stockings. Isn't that the only way?
yes indeed....your correct!!

How come I've never noticed her shoes before?

:rotfl:

I need some virtual cookies. You know, the ones with no calories. I was soooo good today! I even had M&Ms in my hand and didn't eat them. But the aroma almost made me swoon. I'm determined to start losing weight again (I think the drugs I'm getting are not helping at all when it comes to my weight loss efforts. :( Oh well, as long as they kill the :thedolls: ).
Virtual snickerdoodles do? Nigella's thing is sweaters not shoes trust me!!

Man, how much is that taxi fare? :eek:

Whatever it was was worth it!!!

Let's not attribute it to the fever but to the sudden attack of MarthaStewartiditis. ;)

Good luck...lots of it!

They are amazing!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Morning folks :hi: ! (Quick Nat -- go back and add a question while I have them distracted!). What's up? :mickey:

Ignore that Nat -- I see the snickerdoodle question above -- please excuse my blindness! :cool:

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh, and are you trying to start a cat-fight by so blantantly making out with Stitch right in front of Di?

YEAH! I can't believe this! I ask you to tell him I love him and miss him and you make out with him in public! And take a picture of it! If it's a cat fight you want - well, put'em up :boxing: ;)

Ken, may I please cry on your shoulder? :cry: :sob: Your ponytail would make a great kleenex! :D

Now I'm gonna have to go and drown my sorrows with some flavored water....

ElenitaB
03-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Di! How could you do that to Ken? And you even named Drummerboy Frankie after him! :nono: (Ken, make her sit in the back of the RV next time.) ;)

Nat, I want to be Nigella when I grow up. Is that bad?

Christine, what to get Jasper (besides cookies?)... how about some sparkly pixie dust?

Is it really Monday? Do we have to work today? Why is the weekend so short?

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
It is the sad truth. I just looked out my window -- and it is blizzarding! What's with this?????? DS8 told me he didn't need any snowpants today --- Note to self -- Don't listen to DS8 about his snowpants.
:snowball: :freeze: :winter:

Nascfan
03-19-2007, 10:20 AM
It's blizzarding? That doesn't sound good. Anything we get isn't supposed to stick, the ground temps are warming up. I'm hoping we're done with any accumulations until next winter, or certainly done with shoveling.

Did everyone have a nice weekend?
Ellen, good job on the treadmill, sorry you were feeling ill though.

offwego
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
It is the sad truth. I just looked out my window -- and it is blizzarding! What's with this?????? DS8 told me he didn't need any snowpants today --- Note to self -- Don't listen to DS8 about his snowpants.
It will be many many years until you can listen to him about snowpants trust me.

It's blizzarding? That doesn't sound good. Anything we get isn't supposed to stick, the ground temps are warming up. I'm hoping we're done with any accumulations until next winter, or certainly done with shoveling.

Did everyone have a nice weekend?
Ellen, good job on the treadmill, sorry you were feeling ill though.
Yes we have this stuff too but it's slushy icky stuff not nice snow at all. And sometimes rain! Bleah!!

Di! How could you do that to Ken? And you even named Drummerboy Frankie after him! :nono: (Ken, make her sit in the back of the RV next time.) ;)

Nat, I want to be Nigella when I grow up. Is that bad?

Christine, what to get Jasper (besides cookies?)... how about some sparkly pixie dust?

That's not bad at all Ellen! Do we get to come with you on the book tours? You do know her mom was some kind of mega million heiress and her first hubbie was quite well to do and hubbie number two is even more so right?

So you could be famous, rich and not have to be shaped like Nicole Richie!!!

mtown71
03-19-2007, 11:48 AM

You're not planning on sending the snow here, are you? It's storming here right now. Too bad I have to go to work. I would rather just curl up with my dog on the recliner & watch some DVDs. But, anyone know how to get a dog out from under a desk? (he hates storms)

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
But, anyone know how to get a dog out from under a desk? (he hates storms)

Grab him by the tail and pull! The rest of him is sure to follow! :D ;) (Don't scold me for this - Deb knows I love Levin and Riley both! And I LOVE all doggies!)

Need a question.... um, :scratch: "What's black and white and read all over?"

offwego
03-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Grab him by the tail and pull! The rest of him is sure to follow! :D ;) (Don't scold me for this - Deb knows I love Levin and Riley both! And I LOVE all doggies!)

Need a question.... um, :scratch: "What's black and white and read all over?"

A newspaper?

What do you call a sleeping bull?

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
A Bull Dozer!

Why do cows wear bells?

offwego
03-19-2007, 12:56 PM
A Bull Dozer!

Why do cows wear bells?

nary a clue on that one sorry.

I tried that chicken dish on the weekend by the way. Quite good. Do you up the spices in the potatoes? They were good but I really didn't get a onion/mace/bay leaves flavour.

Tried the guiness cake as well. It was really good. DH loved it.

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Because their horns don't work!

I put in about 5 fresh bayleaves, doubled the cloves and peppered the potatoes when I put them in the baking pan. I still think they needed some more oomph. Dunno what though....

The orange/chocolate cake was a huge hit -- I'll make it again.... Actually recipes were requested for all parts of the dinner (a real compliment, as one couple is really gourmet!) How did your dinner go?

What goes Oom Oom?

offwego
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
The orange/chocolate cake was a huge hit -- I'll make it again.... Actually recipes were requested for all parts of the dinner (a real compliment, as one couple is really gourmet!) How did your dinner go?

What goes Oom Oom?
Maybe mace is stronger then the stuff we have here? I was going to increase that a tinch. I had used 4 bay leaves already. Maybe more onion?

The dinner went very well. And we went mini golfing on the Sunday as well. Forgot to mention I used a pink golf ball in your honour Alex. (and scored a hole in one!)

So I'm debating some new shoes. (Peeptoe of course Alex). Do I go with a practical neutral or should I splure on the candy apple red? I'm thinking the red would look to I dunno something unless I'm wearing white which I don't wear a ton of.

However the taupe kind looked good. I already have black ones. Maybe look for a nice blue pair?

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
What goes Oom Oom?

A cow walking backwards? Or maybe a cow that is looking in a mirror? Is this gonna be our version of the JQ Comedy Club? If so, may I have a drink while I am entertained by our wonderful comedians?

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 01:25 PM
A cow walking backwards? Or maybe a cow that is looking in a mirror? Is this gonna be our version of the JQ Comedy Club? If so, may I have a drink while I am entertained by our wonderful comedians?
You are correct! A drink for the young lady! I am here all week folks!

Euan has started telling Knock Knock jokes -- this is the current one
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana Who?
Banana Store. (Maybe it's funny if you are 3?) Some times he'll say "Grape or Orange" just to shake it up some. The comedy runs in the family! :D

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
You are correct! A drink for the young lady! I am here all week folks!

Euan has started telling Knock Knock jokes -- this is the current one
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana Who?
Banana Store. (Maybe it's funny if you are 3?) Some times he'll say "Grape or Orange" just to shake it up some. The comedy runs in the family! :D

Which answer was correct?
And, um, are you the only comedian playing this week? ;)

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Which answer was correct?A cow walking backwards of course!

And, um, are you the only comedian playing this week? ;) Yes. I am the headliner here at DDCC -- (Drummerboy's Discount Comedy Club -- If it ain't funny -- we probably wrote it!). Euan does the early afternoon shows. Unfortunately, you have heard his only joke.

Where do cows go on holiday?

Nascfan
03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Well that was entertaining reading. :D

Jenn's got me on the latest riddle, but does anyone but me have flashes of Banker Babe looking like a sports car in her candy apple red shoes running through their head?

offwego
03-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Well that was entertaining reading. :D

Jenn's got me on the latest riddle, but does anyone but me have flashes of Banker Babe looking like a sports car in her candy apple red shoes running through their head?

Scott this surprises you how? I mean I already have hot pink (ok heels not with the peektoe thing), orange, red, and blue and green. Checking out my shoes is quite the custom with my clients trust me. Heck my old team gave me a gift card to a shoe store when I left. And my old boss was constantly amazed at where I would go in my shoes. (apparently she didn't envision two inch open toe dress sandals on a gravel pit...it's ok the client was so used to it they hardly even noticed anymore)

Jenn Moo Brunswick? Moo Jersey?

Nascfan
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Surprised? no. Entertained? yes.

I am a little concerned about the gravel pit, but you seem to know what you're doing. Just be careful, ok? Don't want to see you take a wrong step.

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Jenn Moo Brunswick? Moo Jersey?
Ohhh those are good answers -- but the true answer is Moo York! Good job Nat!

What did the girl DNA say to the boy DNA?

drummerboy
03-19-2007, 02:15 PM
My head's messed up enough without having somebody's shoes running through it.

Does anybody else think I need to revise my DDCC (Drummerboy Discount Comedy Club) contract? I think I need to make Euan the headliner for my special pre-K afternoons. I can get plenty of material from my grandchildren.

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM

Um, not sure, but remember that this is a family friendly Comedy Club! :D

Does anybody else think I need to revise my DDCC (Drummerboy Discount Comedy Club) contract? I think I need to make Euan the headliner for my special pre-K afternoons. I can get plenty of material from my grandchildren.

Jenn, I think Ken is politely saying you are fired. I wonder if you can collect unemployment now?

Mickey'sGirl
03-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Do these genes make me look fat? :D

Jenn, I think Ken is politely saying you are fired. I wonder if you can collect unemployment now? I think you are mistaken -- It says right here "Jenn, you are the bomb..." Oh wait! It says "Jenn, you have really bombed. " :( My kid works for bananas and stickers ....

offwego
03-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Surprised? no. Entertained? yes.

I am a little concerned about the gravel pit, but you seem to know what you're doing. Just be careful, ok? Don't want to see you take a wrong step.
Oh that was in my old location..I don't think there are enough rocks in the county to make a gravel pit. I take the fancy shoes on boats now!! (however I will be getting rubber boots for the fishing boats). And yes I haven't fallen or broken heel at a client yet. :)

Ohhh those are good answers -- but the true answer is Moo York! Good job Nat!

See I was feeling Moo Jersey because of the Jersey cows.

I think you are mistaken -- It says right here "Jenn, you are the bomb..." Oh wait! It says "Jenn, you have really bombed. " :( My kid works for bananas and stickers ....

Stickers I can see but bananas? And Ken uses phrases like you are the bomb? really? That's pretty phat Ken.

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Nat, if you would break a heel while at a clients - would you be able to claim it under Worker's Comp? ;)

Hmmm.. does Euan have the legal right to work within the USA? If not, well, Ken, you better hope immigration doesn't find out. (do you think they read this board?) And paying him in just stickers and bananas? There has to be some type of employee legal mumbo jumbo that protects poor Euan from being used like that. It's one thing for Alex to work for cookies, but to make a little boy work for just stickers and bananas.. doesn't that seem wrong to anyone else? :D Maybe we need to call in Drummerboy's Discount Employee Protection Services.

offwego
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Nat, if you would break a heel while at a clients - would you be able to claim it under Worker's Comp? ;)

I suppose. More then likely I'd just bill them for the new shoes and or repair though. Considering it hasn't happened yet I haven't worried much about it. I have billed them for sunscreen though for golf tournaments. And the burns still happen. Can I get workers comp for sunburn?

disneydrmr
03-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I suppose. More then likely I'd just bill them for the new shoes and or repair though. Considering it hasn't happened yet I haven't worried much about it. I have billed them for sunscreen though for golf tournaments. And the burns still happen. Can I get workers comp for sunburn?

I would say you could get workers comp for Sunburn - IF it happened during a work thingy and IF you seek treatment. If you burn that easily you need to call Hawaian Tropics and order their "lifeguard special' sunscreen. It's only a SPF 8, but I burn wearing a SPF 40 but when I wear this one - I stay burn free- and I've even worn it out on the water while boating (usually a big no no for me) It's only available via a phone call to them - or at a few places in Florida. I ordered a bottle before my Disney trip and they shipped it right out to me!

Oops, I think I'm short a question... anyone have an idea for one I can ask?

ElenitaB
03-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Jenn, Ben and I both loved that one! (I'll have to remember it for when we finally do make it over to the Laugh Floor... I'll be sure to attribute it to you.)

And the burns still happen. Can I get workers comp for sunburn?
Uh, no... but have you ever thought of submitting sunscreen for reimbursement? An ounce of prevention...

Do you all know how much I missed you all today? (It's been one of those days... probably starting one of those fortnights. No wonder I liked Jenn's jokes. ;) )

mtown71
03-19-2007, 09:56 PM

Maybe if you file in Canada but not here in OH!!! (you aren't thinking of coming to visit my occupational health center, are you ????) Hate to warn you, we laugh at all of the stupid things people claim for worker's comp.
Thanks for all the jokes! It cheered me up. Ken, are you thinking of hiring any more people for the comedy club?

Beast_fanatic
03-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Hubby and I both called in sick with sunburn once. We had gone to a double-header baseball game and forgot our sunscreen. :-o The tops of our thighs (just above the knees) were so burned that we couldn't stand up straight, and hubby had taken his shirt off for awhile and he couldn't lift his arms over his head. We're not so stupid now. :blush:

When's Christine coming home?

ElenitaB
03-19-2007, 11:37 PM
When's Christine coming home?
Are you insinuating that it's time for us to leave? (Gee, these Texas girls sure do stick together. ;) ) We're not done with the redecorating yet, or the cookies! Someone please find the phone book so we can find the Merry Maids!

I once went to an outdoor event when living in Central America and was watching for my DH to fly overhead in military formation... I got the nastiest sunburn on my face. Unfortunately, the next day I had to translate on national TV for a high level cabinet official. This gringa was as red as a lobster and my eyes were almost swollen shut! Nice look for a high profile gig. :blush:

Well, I might be the last one in for the night (except for our resident night owl, Christine). Should I leave some cookies and hot cocoa out for her? I put up a pot of coffee to brew for the morning crowd. :coffee: Could someone stop by the Main Street Bake Shop and pick us up some goodies?

Jasper
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM

I have already raised two to adulthood and am working on the third, so the answer in one word would be YES!!! Seriously though, when dealing with children between say about 10 and 21 years of age you really have to be ready to react in any way at any time. Do other parents find it to be the same for them?

Jasper
03-20-2007, 12:47 AM
I forgot to mention in my last post, I am going to be gone for a little bit because my computer bit the dust! I am borrowing my daughter's for a few minutes this evening but won't be around for a few days until mine either gets fixed or replaced.

Can someone hold all my posts until I get back?

Christine
03-20-2007, 02:29 AM
Jasper, Alex, Ellen...I'm packing tonight, so take a peek in my suitcase (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF) before I sit on them to get them all closed.

Elllen, I will be happy to get you all some goodies for breakfast from Main Street Bakery tomorrow, but I can't get them to you until Wednesday...will it be okay if they are a tad stale??

Do I really have to go home Wednesday???

alpro2
03-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Cool Christine, thanks! But you can't be that much of a chicken, can you? :D

ElenitaB
03-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Jasper, our condolences on the passing of your 'puter. We'll miss you. Here's a care package of cookies to get you through while you're gone.

Nat, any chance you'd be willing to share that Pineapple Float that Christine got you? Even if I told you about a segment they're having on Good Morning America about plastic surgery women are having to make their feet more attractive for sandals? :crazy: Long ago I came to the realization that I have platypus feet but that didn't stop me from wearing strappy high heels when (much) younger. They looked nice in those high heels!

Christine, thanks for the pic and the :pixie: ! I'm afraid I might be needing it this week (collateral damage :( ). Sorry you have to go home. :( Parting is such sweet sorrow.

So since Christine won't be bringing us pastries until Wednesday, who's bringing the donuts this morning? Here's a nice cup of joe :coffee:

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 08:57 AM
:hi: Mornin' folks! I can offer you leftover soggy Raisin Bran! Two Scoops you know!
Christine, can I have some Crumb Cake please?

So this morning as I was crating Tate, and Harry was putting on his boots -- Euan decided to try and open the steel door to the garage -- you know the one with the shock.... that is right at the top of the basement stairs? Guess what happened next? Thank goodness for Winter Outerwear is all I have to say. No broken bones!

offwego
03-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Uh, no... but have you ever thought of submitting sunscreen for reimbursement? An ounce of prevention...

)
So you were just really scanning for jokes right? I already billed for the sunscreen it's just never enough.

Maybe if you file in Canada but not here in OH!!! (you aren't thinking of coming to visit my occupational health center, are you ????) Hate to warn you, we laugh at all of the stupid things people claim for worker's comp.
Thanks for all the jokes! It cheered me up. Ken, are you thinking of hiring any more people for the comedy club?
Um I was mostly kidding kinda sorta...despite my lack of golf love.

Nat, any chance you'd be willing to share that Pineapple Float that Christine got you? Even if I told you about a segment they're having on Good Morning America about plastic surgery women are having to make their feet more attractive for sandals? :crazy: Long ago I came to the realization that I have platypus feet but that didn't stop me from wearing strappy high heels when (much) younger. They looked nice in those high heels!

Here's a nice cup of joe :coffee:
Coffee is always welcome!! My feet are mostly ok although my baby toenail is for some reason tinier then it should be that's ok as it's mostly hidden in a shoe anyway and beats being all flat or something. And of course you can share some of the float. I can never eat a whole one anyway!!

Jasper, Alex, Ellen...I'm packing tonight, so take a peek in my suitcase (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF) before I sit on them to get them all closed.

Do I really have to go home Wednesday???
Christine I'm not ready to have you go home. Your trip reports are fantastic!!!

Hopefully you'll be going back real soon!

Is anyone going before Jenn or do we have to wait for April?

offwego
03-20-2007, 09:06 AM
:So this morning as I was crating Tate, and Harry was putting on his boots -- Euan decided to try and open the steel door to the garage -- you know the one with the shock.... that is right at the top of the basement stairs? Guess what happened next? Thank goodness for Winter Outerwear is all I have to say. No broken bones!

Oh my! That must have been pretty scary. And I thought William telling his French teacher he didn't have a pencil case (instead of you know bringing it allllllll the way from one class to the other cause it soooooooooo heavy) apparently for months was bad. (and why do they wait until the last moment to tell you this stuff? Is there a class they take Ellen?) Is there a class we can take or just :marg: ?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Why did the banana go to see the doctor? :mickey:

mtown71
03-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Gosh, I am still trying to wake up so I can't answer this one. How is everyone doing this morning? I have some French Vanilla coffee brewing for whoever wants one. Would Krispy Kreme donuts do since we can't have those pastries from Disney?

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 09:43 AM

Because they kept peeling?

How did we degenerate into these puns? If you can't beat them join them.....

Why can't the crew play cards on Captain Hook's ship?

offwego
03-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Gosh, I am still trying to wake up so I can't answer this one. How is everyone doing this morning? I have some French Vanilla coffee brewing for whoever wants one. Would Krispy Kreme donuts do since we can't have those pastries from Disney?

You know I've never had a Krispy Kreme? Weird huh?

And I'm afraid I can't answer Mikki's either. Is it because it's in British do you think? And Deb when do the dreaded tonsils get removed?

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 09:52 AM

And I'm afraid I can't answer Mikki's either. Is it because it's in British do you think?

I've had a Krispy Kreme - nicely warmed up ;)

What makes you think my question was British? It came out of an USA joke book! :D

offwego
03-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I've had a Krispy Kreme - nicely warmed up ;)

What makes you think my question was British? It came out of an USA joke book! :D

Ah well then that explains it. Do you have a Canadian joke book? I'm unilingual.

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Because they kept peeling?

How did we degenerate into these puns? If you can't beat them join them.....

Why can't the crew play cards on Captain Hook's ship?
I never heard that one before...why? (dare I ask?) ;)

And I'm afraid I can't answer Mikki's either. Is it because it's in British do you think? And Deb when do the dreaded tonsils get removed?

Wow!! I should Fed Ex you a box! I love their cream filled! My tonsils will be yanked out on May 2. Everyone at work is scaring me with horror stories. I am just scared of the pain. They better give me plenty of pain medicine. Do you think Di will take good care of me???:ill:

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Because they kept peeling? Close! Because he wasn't peeling well.....:D

How did we degenerate into these puns? If you can't beat them join them..... That's the spirit Mikki!! :party:

Why can't the crew play cards on Captain Hook's ship?.... I'm really trying....it's got to have something to do with a "hand".....

What did Captain Hook do when he retired?

offwego
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
My tonsils will be yanked out on May 2. Everyone at work is scaring me with horror stories. I am just scared of the pain. They better give me plenty of pain medicine. Do you think Di will take good care of me???:ill:

Does that mean I can scare you too? I have some doozies!!

On the other hand I did lose weight (but since I was still only 16 I didn't really need to yet. Can you get them out twice?)

And I can't remember a bunch of pain meds for after you get out..mostly because swallowing is the problem.

offwego
03-20-2007, 10:10 AM

Crochet?

What do you call an old dog?

ElenitaB
03-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Racking my brain to answer the questions...

Jenn, glad the boys are both okay. Thank goodness this didn't happen in the middle of summer!

Oh my! That must have been pretty scary. And I thought William telling his French teacher he didn't have a pencil case (instead of you know bringing it allllllll the way from one class to the other cause it soooooooooo heavy) apparently for months was bad. (and why do they wait until the last moment to tell you this stuff? Is there a class they take Ellen?) Is there a class we can take or just :marg: ?
You mean you don't like hearing right before bedtime that they have to bring in something like baked goods to school the very next day? If it makes you feel any better about the pencil case, I told my first grade teacher that I was allergic to math. I like the idea of :marg: better than a class... even the homework is more fun. ;)

Would Krispy Kreme donuts do since we can't have those pastries from Disney?
OMG, I'm too lazy to make breakfast this morning and my stomach did a triple jump when I read about the Krispy Kremes. Not fair!

Deb, did you see the new trailer for PotC3? (It's on the Disney site.)

Okay... back to our regularly scheduled programming now (i.e., work).

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Close! Because he wasn't peeling well.....:D

That's the spirit Mikki!! :party:
.... I'm really trying....it's got to have something to do with a "hand".....

The crew couldn't play cards because Captain Hook always stood on the deck....

What's the longest word in the english language?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Jenn, glad the boys are both okay. Thank goodness this didn't happen in the middle of summer! You said it baby! :whew:

You mean you don't like hearing right before bedtime that they have to bring in something like baked goods to school the very next day?
...or "I told Mrs. D that you would send in a wolf costume, a hunter's costume and two dresses for our presentation tomorrow". :eek2: :huh: Let me just pull those out of my back pocket!

He bought a farm and sold corn for a buck an ear. :D

Can you provide a hint for me oh mistress of all games (Mikki)??

offwego
03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
He bought a farm and sold corn for a buck an ear. :D

Can you provide a hint for me oh mistress of all games (Mikki)??

Ya know that one took me a few reads to get.

It's not Alphabet is it Mikki? I mean shouldn't it be supercalafradiwhatyamachallit?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
The crew couldn't play cards because Captain Hook always stood on the deck....

What's the longest word in the english language?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis but that's not a fun answer -- is there a fun answer?

Nascfan
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Do you think Di will take good care of me???:ill:

If she doesn't, you just give me a call. I'd be happy to go to Disney World and get you a supply of Mickey Bars to help soothe your throat. ;)

Any Krispy Kreme's left? Yum!

Jenn, I'm so glad both boys are ok!

Nascfan
03-20-2007, 10:54 AM

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis but that's not a fun answer -- is there a fun answer?

Whositywhatsity? There's got to be a fun answer, doesn't there?

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Does that mean I can scare you too? I have some doozies!!

On the other hand I did lose weight (but since I was still only 16 I didn't really need to yet. Can you get them out twice?)

And I can't remember a bunch of pain meds for after you get out..mostly because swallowing is the problem.
Hmmm..go ahead & tell me your horror stories...can't be worse than what my co-workers have been telling me. I can afford to lose a few pounds so that may be the only plus side to getting them yanked. I am praying that the pain meds come in liquid form so it just slides on down. :(

Deb, did you see the new trailer for PotC3? (It's on the Disney site.)

Okay... back to our regularly scheduled programming now (i.e., work).

YES I DID!!!!!!!! It looks so good! I can't wait to see it! Orlando, here I come!!!!!!:D

& how do we say this word????????? :confused:

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:57 AM
If she doesn't, you just give me a call. I'd be happy to go to Disney World and get you a supply of Mickey Bars to help soothe your throat. ;)

Any Krispy Kreme's left? Yum!

Awwwwww.....that is so nice of you! But, how do I keep the Mickey bars safe from Di?????:thedolls:

I think there are a few pieces of Krispy Kremes left. Do you mind half eaten ones?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Jenn, I'm so glad both boys are ok! It was only the little one -- and he still bounces. Besides -- I have a spare (DS8 :D ). Just kidding!!! I am too -- he was more startled than anything.....

& how do we say this word????????? :confused: ... exactly how it's spelled Deb ;) .

How do you know when it's raining cats and dogs?

mtown71
03-20-2007, 11:15 AM

Is it by all of the poodles?????

offwego
03-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Hmmm..go ahead & tell me your horror stories...can't be worse than what my co-workers have been telling me. I can afford to lose a few pounds so that may be the only plus side to getting them yanked. I am praying that the pain meds come in liquid form so it just slides on down. :(

It involved hemmoraging (not sure how to spell that) and :sick: :sick: :sick: of stuff that I didn't even know you could do. (and neither did my Dad who did not expect :sick: as an answer to "how are you feeling honey?".)

As to the weight loss I lost 10 lbs in 72 hours...so either my tonsils were way to big or I dehydrated (well that is what happened) I was even readmited! blech.

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Is it by all of the poodles?????
It is. Well done young Skywalker!

When do you go under the knife?

Nascfan
03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
It was only the little one -- and he still bounces. Besides -- I have a spare (DS8 :D ). Just kidding!!! I am too -- he was more startled than anything.....

That's good, elasticity. LOL!
Somehow I read boots and thought Harry, never mind me, I'm not firing on all cylinders today.

Ooo, oo, when you step in a poodle?

Deb already beat me to it, didn't she?

Natalie, about all I can say is, EWWWWW!

mtown71
03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
It is. Well done young Skywalker!

Thank you Yoda!!!!
May 2 is the big day but after all I am hearing... do you think I should change my mind?:(

offwego
03-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Thank you Yoda!!!!
May 2 is the big day but after all I am hearing... do you think I should change my mind?:(

NO!! Despite being :sick: :sick: I was much much much much better afterwards then before.

I was constantly getting throat infections and could hardly eat 75% of the time. (plus infections like to try and move around if they can just not a good thing).

If it makes you feel better a really good friend of mine had hers out like 5 months later. She was drinking a coke the same day. And was fine within days for everything. It varies.

Is anyone going to try my joke about what you call and old dog?

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow, you guys have been busy today. Are we having an "JQ Comedian" Contest? I'll be a judge (I'll be the "paula judge" aka "the nice judge") Ken? Scott? Alex? Jaspar? Any of you guys wanna be the "simon cowel" judge?

Deb - you know I'll take good care of you! And Scott, thanks for offering, but as her sister, it is MY duty and priviledge to rush off to Disney to get those Mickey bars for her!:D

offwego
03-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow, you guys have been busy today. Are we having an "JQ Comedian" Contest? I'll be a judge (I'll be the "paula judge" aka "the nice judge") Ken? Scott? Alex? Jaspar? Any of you guys wanna be the "simon cowel" judge?

Deb - you know I'll take good care of you! And Scott, thanks for offering, but as her sister, it is MY duty and priviledge to rush off to Disney to get those Mickey bars for her!:D

Didn't you ask for a drink to go with the jokes? It's not required to get that much into your role is it?

And truly as a fellow vetran of the tonsil wars I think I should go get them for her!

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 12:22 PM

When you are a pat of butter? ha ha ha... oh, wait, that wasn't a joke - was it? :D ;)

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Didn't you ask for a drink to go with the jokes? It's not required to get that much into your role is it?

And truly as a fellow vetran of the tonsil wars I think I should go get them for her!

I promise I won't get up and dance at my seat. And I won't cry either if your jokes 'move me' (mumbling.... 'not that I think any of them would ;) ')

Thanks to you also for volunteering, but again.. sisters are suppossed to care for each other so I will take care of her Mickey bars. (unless Christine can bring some with her when she returns....)

Hmmm.... I don't see a question in my post. I could've swore I put one in there. Has anyone seen where it may have went?

offwego
03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks to you also for volunteering, but again.. sisters are suppossed to care for each other so I will take care of her Mickey bars. (unless Christine can bring some with her when she returns....)

Hmmm.... I don't see a question in my post. I could've swore I put one in there. Has anyone seen where it may have went?
Did the question go to get the Mickey Bars?

See I only have brothers (as an aside if you have a sibling pass on do you still have them or not? Ya know it's been years 14 in fact tonight and I still get confused by that one). So my brothers could answer this but I can tell you brothers are for lots of things but not so much with the getting ice cream.

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I had mine out at age 3 and I was kept away from my Mommy for two whole days! :nopity: I'll get them for her -- After all -- I am a Galactic Hero.

Bones?

offwego
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I had mine out at age 3 and I was kept away from my Mommy for two whole days! :nopity: I'll get them for her -- After all -- I am a Galactic Hero.

Bones?

If bones is meant for my joke...nope "grand paw" is the correct anwser.

Did you mean the TV show? I kinda like that one. The FBI dude (who used to be on Angel) is well pretty good eyecandy. Sigh...

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 12:55 PM

Bones?

Ok, tell you what - let's ALL go get her the Mickey bars! That way we can all load our suitcases with them for her - that should be more than enough to get her thru - don't you think? (before we leave the park with those mickey bars - do you think I could sneak in a ride on Stitch's Great Escape?)

offwego
03-20-2007, 12:59 PM
(before we leave the park with those mickey bars - do you think I could sneak in a ride on Stitch's Great Escape?)

Before or after we get the bars?

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 01:15 PM

That doesn't sound english - that sounds doctorese!

The fun answer is 'smiles' because there is a mile between each s. Get it?

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Before or after we get the bars?

Better do it before we get the bars... that way they won't melt while we are on the ride...

Hmmm.. since we are gonna ride Stitch, think it would be ok if we also fit in rides on POTC, BTM, Splash, and any other requests?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 01:25 PM
That doesn't sound english - that sounds doctorese!

The fun answer is 'smiles' because there is a mile between each s. Get it?
Love it Mikki!! :thumbsup:

What is worse than finding a worm in your apple?

....and yes Di! We can ride Stitch. :stitch:

offwego
03-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Finding half a one?

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 01:28 PM

Finding half a worm!

What kind of contest did the Sorcerer's Apprentice's broom win?

disneydrmr
03-20-2007, 01:30 PM

I don't know, but I'm sure it was a clean sweep!!!! :D

Still need a question.... where'd my spare questions go?

drummerboy
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Finding half a worm!
I thought it would be finding an apple in the worm.

Sweepstakes.

Okay, who restocked the JQ pantry, Henny Youngman? Henceforth (like that word?) there will be a surcharge on each sub-par joke (and no, that doesn't mean eagle or birdie jokes). ...two, three... anybody get the golf joke?

Oh, there will also be a shurcharge for all the bada-bings I have to do on my drumset.

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Henceforth (like that word?) there will be a surcharge on each sub-par joke (and no, that doesn't mean eagle or birdie jokes). ...two, three... anybody get the golf joke?
What was the sur-charge for that one, Ken?

Why did the turkey play the drums in his band? :turkey:

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 06:20 PM
What was the sur-charge for that one, Ken?

Why did the turkey play the drums in his band? :turkey:

Because he had drumsticks!

What insect was king of the wild frontier?

drummerboy
03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Davey Cricket.

How many JQs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Davey Cricket.

How many JQs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

I have about a cadzillion answers to that question. Which one would you like? :D

drummerboy
03-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I have about a cadzillion answers to that question. Which one would you like? :D
Do you have the one that says "One to do the work, and the rest to stand around asking questions like 'how'd the bulb burn out?, where'd you find a new one?, who's got the cookies?'?"

By the way, make the surcharge and bada-bing checks out to DDSI (Drummerboy Discount Services International. Motto--If you don't need it, we don't do it.)

trackbarroness
03-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Wow Looks like you all were very busy little :thedolls: err I mean beavers around here. :thedolls: So who's going to clean up the saw dust that's lying around here? Hmm?:thedolls:

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok, tell you what - let's ALL go get her the Mickey bars! That way we can all load our suitcases with them for her - that should be more than enough to get her thru - don't you think? (before we leave the park with those mickey bars - do you think I could sneak in a ride on Stitch's Great Escape?)

Better do it before we get the bars... that way they won't melt while we are on the ride...

Hmmm.. since we are gonna ride Stitch, think it would be ok if we also fit in rides on POTC, BTM, Splash, and any other requests?

Gosh, I am so touched that you are all fighting to see who will be taking care of me... :hug: :dance: But then, I realized, you guys are really fighting over who gets to go to Disney.:cry: Who is going to take care of me while you are all off having fun supposedly getting Mickey bars??????? Let me guess...DDCOTR (drummerboys discount caretakers of the recovering) :sob: :medic:

Jasper
03-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow, how few new posts there have been since I was here last night. Did all of you have the day off work?. . . Oh, and if any bosses are reading this, that is really just a rhetorical question because we know that there are no Intercoters who would spend their time on the boards rather than working, right?

Oh well, I guess as soon as I get my computer working I will just have to stir things up again. By the way, I am borrowing my daughters computer again and she keeps giving me the evil eye because she somehow thinks her homework is more important than my posting here. Can you imagine the nerve of that girl?

See ya as soon as the ol' puter is workin' agin!!

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Wow, how few new posts there have been since I was here last night. Did all of you have the day off work?. . . Oh, and if any bosses are reading this, that is really just a rhetorical question because we know that there are no Intercoters who would spend their time on the boards rather than working, right?

Oh well, I guess as soon as I get my computer working I will just have to stir things up again. By the way, I am borrowing my daughters computer again and she keeps giving me the evil eye because she somehow thinks her homework is more important than my posting here. Can you imagine the nerve of that girl?

See ya as soon as the ol' puter is workin' agin!!

Nice of you to drop in! Sorry that your daughter is giving you the evil eye. Do you think you should try guilt on her to let you use her computer???? Hope you get yours fixed quickly!

Beast_fanatic
03-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Good luck with the computer, Jasper! :badpc:

Have you ever noticed that when you put the two words "The" and "IRS" together, it spells "THEIRS"?

alpro2
03-21-2007, 06:05 AM
Do you have the one that says "One to do the work, and the rest to stand around asking questions like 'how'd the bulb burn out?, where'd you find a new one?, who's got the cookies?'?"
Actually, more like "the lights are on but nobody is home".

Did somebody mention cookies?

Nascfan
03-21-2007, 08:10 AM
:hi: Jasper! We miss ya buddy.

Alex, need some Girl Scout cookies? I think we have a few left.

Good morning everyone!

What season is it when you are on a trampoline?

offwego
03-21-2007, 08:54 AM
:Good morning everyone!

What season is it when you are on a trampoline?

Spring? Where's the coffee everyone?

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Good morning to everyone from little ole me! Did everyone have a good night's sleep? I had weird dreams all night. Including one where I had HUGE spiders in my house and all I had was a small can of bug killer. These things were the size of at least an 8x10 picture frame!

Deb - we all LOVE you! We really are fighting over who gets to care for you. Actually - I'll have to step aside cause I'll be in the Smokies with my dh and his grandma. (believe me - I'd RATHER be home taking care of you Deb ;) )

Here Nat, have some of this coffee... :mcoffee: :coffee: I sure can't drink it! And here Alex (handing over a couple cookies).. I found these sitting out in our lunch room. Again, I can't eat them since they are chocolate chip - so you can have them.

mtown71
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Good morning all! :hi: I have some hot chocolate to share this morning. I actually have today off from work. (I have to work Saturday) What should I do today?????:confused:
I was thinking about going to the grocery store..Alex, do you want me to pick you up some Oreos?

offwego
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Good morning all! :hi: I have some hot chocolate to share this morning. I actually have today off from work. (I have to work Saturday) What should I do today?????:confused:
I was thinking about going to the grocery store..Alex, do you want me to pick you up some Oreos?

How nice!! Glad you can have a day off to enjoy yourself with.

What about a side trip to the bookstore for some stuff to read after May 2nd?

And why does Alex seem to get all the cookies? Does he not know how to buy them?

drummerboy
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
And why does Alex seem to get all the cookies? Does he not know how to buy them?
You can buy cookies?

offwego
03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
You can buy cookies?

See clearly Ken needs the cookies. And his DW needs some flowers or something since Ken hasn't been to a grocery store since year one.

See they keep them in these aisle things...all kinds, lots and lots of them. And you give them "money" at the front of the store and you get to keep the cookies.

All clear now? Anymore of the bad jokes? I'm having a doozy of a day.

Nascfan
03-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Banker Babe got it right, spring time! In honor of today, the first full day of spring.
I hope everyone gets some nice springlike weather soon, if you haven't already.

Do you need an extra Timmies, Nat? What do you get, a single/single or double/double? I'll run out and get some after I have some of Deb's hot chocolate. Yum!

offwego
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Banker Babe got it right, spring time! In honor of today, the first full day of spring.
I hope everyone gets some nice springlike weather soon, if you haven't already.

Do you need an extra Timmies, Nat? What do you get, a single/single or double/double? I'll run out and get some after I have some of Deb's hot chocolate. Yum!

Normally a double double. Any size will do. Can you believe some people order triple triples? Where does the coffee fit then?

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey! if someone will cause a disturbance to distract our warehouse guys - I can run out to the lunch room and grab a couple boxes of pizza to share! But you need to get those warehouse guys to look the other way - or else I'll be hurt... and that's if we can do this before they get to the lunchroom from the warehouse. (I'd say we have about 4 minutes.) Anyone wanna help?

Nascfan
03-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Woot! Woot! Hey, warehouse guys! Look over here! I have cookies!

That help?

offwego
03-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey! if someone will cause a disturbance to distract our warehouse guys - I can run out to the lunch room and grab a couple boxes of pizza to share! But you need to get those warehouse guys to look the other way - or else I'll be hurt... and that's if we can do this before they get to the lunchroom from the warehouse. (I'd say we have about 4 minutes.) Anyone wanna help?

Do they like shoes???

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Woot! Woot! Hey, warehouse guys! Look over here! I have cookies!

That help?

:medic: SCOTT!!!! SCOTT!!!! Oh no! If they will stampede and kill for the pizza - I can't believe Scott didn't think what would happen for cookies! I sure hope he's gonna be ok.

Hey! Was that Alex I saw leading the pack that rushed Scott for those cookies?

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Do they like shoes???

Shoestring french fries? Chicken Shoestrings? Steeltoed shoes? Probably not the kind you are thinking of Nat! But we may need the shoes to throw at them to get them to back away from Scott so the medics can do their jobs.

offwego
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Shoestring french fries? Chicken Shoestrings? Steeltoed shoes? Probably not the kind you are thinking of Nat! But we may need the shoes to throw at them to get them to back away from Scott so the medics can do their jobs.

Chicken shoestrings? What on earth is that? Is it like chicken fingers but skinnier or something?

And hey Di did you notice Scott didn't come back? I hope he's at Timmies and not in that stretcher!!

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Chicken shoestrings? What on earth is that? Is it like chicken fingers but skinnier or something?

And hey Di did you notice Scott didn't come back? I hope he's at Timmies and not in that stretcher!!

Yeah, it's a very skinny chicken finger... they are listed as Chicken Shoestrings in our data base.

Poor poor Scott, all he was trying to do was help get pizza for all of us to share... think we should send him flowers? Or maybe some cookies? ;)

Nascfan
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Whew, that was close! I barely was able to get out of the way when the stampede happened. Sorry 'bout that. I didn't think ahead.
Natalie, I dropped your double double in the confusion. I don't think you really want it back.

Now, where's that pizza?

offwego
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, it's a very skinny chicken finger... they are listed as Chicken Shoestrings in our data base.

Poor poor Scott, all he was trying to do was help get pizza for all of us to share... think we should send him flowers? Or maybe some cookies? ;)

Ever wondered why chickens get so many weird things made out of them? I mean we don't have beef fingers do we now.

I think the flowers since it's spring and all.

Jenn should be along soon since it's Wed. today. Hope Christine is having a safe trip home today. Can't wait to hear about her just her time. That would be soo cool.

And Di what exactly are the smokies and why do you need to go their with DH and grandma while Deb is having an operation?

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Whew, that was close! I barely was able to get out of the way when the stampede happened. Sorry 'bout that. I didn't think ahead.
Natalie, I dropped your double double in the confusion. I don't think you really want it back.

Now, where's that pizza?

Oh Scott! I'm soooo glad you are ok! :hug: You gave us quite a fright! Unfortunately I was only able to grab one box of pizza (the guys carried the other boxes with them as they rushed you for the cookies) But here's your slice :pizza:

Anyone got a cold coke for Scott?

offwego
03-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Now, where's that pizza?

Scott you dropped a Timmies in rollup the rim to win season? :blowup: :angry: :nope: :crying: :funny: Do you know what you have done? Huh Huh do ya??

You could have one a plasma TV, a hybrid car, free coffee, free donuts, and worst of all you might have thrown away a COOKIE!!

Never ever ever ever do that again. Those are priceless little bits of cardboard my friend!

(on and clearly since this was virtual coffee, this is non real anger of course...but you did give me a great way to vent some of my frustration with my day and I now feel 100% better thanks so much Scott!!)

alpro2
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
You can buy cookies?
:confused: Never heard of such a thing...

And why does Alex seem to get all the cookies?
Do you really have to ask that question?

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Ever wondered why chickens get so many weird things made out of them? I mean we don't have beef fingers do we now.

And Di what exactly are the smokies and why do you need to go their with DH and grandma while Deb is having an operation?

Actually there are beef fingers - they are in our frozen food section (processed - that might be why you weren't aware they are out there ;) )

The Smokies are short for "The Great Smoky Mountain National Park". It's a National Park located in Tennessee. Dh's grandma wants to go visit a friend of hers and she is too old to drive the distance by herself. So dh and I are driving her to her friend's house (5 LOOOONNNNGGGG hours in the car) then zipping over to Gatlinburg for a couple nights, then going back to pick her up and driving the loooooooonnnnnggggg 5 hours home with her. Unfortunately we had already set the date and booked the hotel (prepaying one night on the room) before we knew Deb was having surgery.

Did I get a question in up there?

Mickey'sGirl
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Anyone got a cold coke for Scott? I ALWAYS have a cold coke around (has to be coke zero however...will that do?)

:hi: bonjour mes amis! How goes it? Nice to see you Jasper and Alex!! Deb -- I hope you are enjoying your day off! I had another terrific morning with the shorter members of my community. It was Harry's teacher's birthday today, and the kindergarten class came upstairs and brought him pictures and some TimBits. He was soooooo embarrassed! It was also picture day for Euan -- when I picked him up he had a fruit punch moustache (He's looking more and more like his dad every day!) -- I just hope it was obtained AFTER the solo shot was taken --- I am pretty sure he was post pubescent for the class photo :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it's a very skinny chicken finger... they are listed as Chicken Shoestrings in our data base. I can't even think about this...

Ever wondered why chickens get so many weird things made out of them? I mean we don't have beef fingers do we now. or this....

Actually there are beef fingers - they are in our frozen food section (processed - that might be why you weren't aware they are out there ;) )
OK! Enough :sick:!

I like frozen ice-cream! Do you have any cinnamon ice-cream?

Nascfan
03-21-2007, 01:16 PM
:hi: Jenn! If it's a zero coke that means there's no coke so will it still quench my thirst? And I really need something to quench my thirst. This leftover chili for lunch is go-o-o-od! But making me breathe fire!

Sounds like a fun day at school! Now why would a fruit punch moustache make Euan look like Brian? Haha!

offwego
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
:Do you really have to ask that question?
Yes in fact I did...it seemed like a good idea why did you think no one had noticed?

It was Harry's teacher's birthday today, and the kindergarten class came upstairs and brought him pictures and some TimBits. He was soooooo embarrassed! It was also picture day for Euan -- when I picked him up he had a fruit punch moustache (He's looking more and more like his dad every day!) -- I just hope it was obtained AFTER the solo shot was taken --- I am pretty sure he was post pubescent for the class photo :D
The teacher or Harry? And that's funny about the pictures. They just don't work for us either.

Did I get a question in up there?
Well I guess that would do it wouldn't it? Imagine the culinary adventures I'm missing out on eh? Like say cheese fries with cheese whiz or something similiar. Drat! Wait till DS goes to college and finds out not everyone eats the way we do..want to bet he becomes a junk food addict freshman year?

That's a very long drive with Grandma. I guess you won't be here and Deb won't be here...and Jasper is limited to the stuff he can sneak by his DD. Going to get pretty quiet around here. Do you think Frankie might come back from his secret missions to keep us company?

Maybe if we get him to teach us how to make gumbo?

offwego
03-21-2007, 01:24 PM

As opposed to unfrozen ice cream? Would that not just be custard then?

mtown71
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
:hi: bonjour mes amis! How goes it? Nice to see you Jasper and Alex!! Deb -- I hope you are enjoying your day off! I had another terrific morning with the shorter members of my community. It was Harry's teacher's birthday today, and the kindergarten class came upstairs and brought him pictures and some TimBits. He was soooooo embarrassed! It was also picture day for Euan -- when I picked him up he had a fruit punch moustache (He's looking more and more like his dad every day!) -- I just hope it was obtained AFTER the solo shot was taken --- I am pretty sure he was post pubescent for the class photo :D
Yes, I am enjoying my day off..thanks! I am just relaxing here with my doggie! I have to admit, I think a pic of Euan with the fruit punch mustache would be too cute!

:hi: Jenn! If it's a zero coke that means there's no coke so will it still quench my thirst? And I really need something to quench my thirst. This leftover chili for lunch is go-o-o-od! But making me breathe fire!
Do I need to call the fire department to come & save your office? Or, can we just grab some burgers & grill them? (hmm..charbroil them)

That's a very long drive with Grandma. I guess you won't be here and Deb won't be here...and Jasper is limited to the stuff he can sneak by his DD. Going to get pretty quiet around here. Do you think Frankie might come back from his secret missions to keep us company?

I will try to visit when I can since I won't have my "loving"sis here to entertain me. :pout: I won't be able to talk so this will be next best thing, right? Frankie is still off trying to kidnap Orlando Bloom for me. SHHHHH...no one is supposed to know.:cool:

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 01:44 PM
As opposed to unfrozen ice cream? Would that not just be custard then?

Actually - I think that would be a puddle.

This leftover chili for lunch is go-o-o-od! But making me breathe fire!

Everyone make sure you duck anytime Scott breathes or speaks! Hmmmm... do we even have a fire extinguisher on this thread? Or a sprinkler system? Are we up to code?

I do have Cinnamon ice Cream in my freezer - it's actually "Fried Ice Cream" - so it's a cinnamon ice cream with fried tortillas and caramel in it! YUMM!!!

Well I guess that would do it wouldn't it? Imagine the culinary adventures I'm missing out on eh? Like say cheese fries with cheese whiz or something similiar.

Or chili cheese fries! Mighty tasty stuff you are missing! Maybe you need to come south for a visit and we can introduce your palate to some mighty pleasing grub! :D

drummerboy
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Hmmmm... do we even have a fire extinguisher on this thread? Or a sprinkler system? Are we up to code?
Not to worry. DDPS (Drummerboy Discount Protective Services--Motto: They're all out to get you, get protected now'!) is on the job. All the sprinkler systems are set up and I personally gave Scott and Alex the task of hooking up to the water supply.

[Hmmm, he muses aloud, does it count if you quote somebody else's question but forget ot ask one yourself? Hmmmmmmmm...]

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Not to worry. DDPS (Drummerboy Discount Protective Services--Motto: They're all out to get you, get protected now'!) is on the job. All the sprinkler systems are set up and I personally gave Scott and Alex the task of hooking up to the water supply.

[Hmmm, he muses aloud, does it count if you quote somebody else's question but forget ot ask one yourself? Hmmmmmmmm...]

Ah drat! I was gonna zap you for not putting in your question. I hit "qoute" and when it popped up on my reply box - your 'added' question appeared with it. Guess you lucked out this time! Um... can you make sure you mark which is the water supply and which is the gas supply? Or else you will have need of DDFD (Drummerboy's Discount Fire Dept - motto "Not quite your city's official fire department, but since we ride bikes instead of fire engines and hook up to your neighbor's water faucet - we cost much less")

offwego
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM

I'm pretty sure no. However perhaps one gets points for speaking in dialogue? however I'm not sure if you meant "to" or "ought" but either way my typos look like them might be catching!!

And Scott gum perhaps?

Deb hanging out here could be just the thing! And Di is loving..if your blue and kind furry and pretty fiesty. Is your hair blue right now? (hey that might explain the whole grandma thing too right?)

Nascfan
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM

That was the water supply? Oops. Well, I hope Christine enjoys her new indoor pool when she gets home. :blush:

drummerboy
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
See clearly Ken needs the cookies. And his DW needs some flowers or something since Ken hasn't been to a grocery store since year one.

See they keep them in these aisle things...all kinds, lots and lots of them. And you give them "money" at the front of the store and you get to keep the cookies.

You mean there really isn't a cookie fairy who leaves them in the office break room every day?:(

offwego
03-21-2007, 04:41 PM
You mean there really isn't a cookie fairy who leaves them in the office break room every day?:(

I suspect the only way to find out would be to have your office staff win a jumbo powerball. If they don't come in and the cookies do get replace you'll have a cookie fairy. If not well I think you can see where this is going.

On the other hand this is yet another business idea. DDCF! Alex can be your first (and I think only) client.

Just contact me to set up your low initial starting interest rate. Did I tell you our rate calc program had a glitch yesterday? It was setting rates at 122% per annum. I almost died laughing trying to explain it to the dept. in charge of it. Then they started laughing when it kept doing it, because of course there isn't anyone going to sign anything for that rate my friend. At least I hope not!

drummerboy
03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
You mean 122% per annum isn't a good rate? [Makes note to call loan officer Guido.]

drummerboy
03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
On the other hand this is yet another business idea. DDCF!
Drummerboy Discount Chili Fries? I thought you didn't like doing restaurant loans. :D

Oh, and the Smokey Mountains are a whole mountain range running up the Tennessee, NC border, more or less. Didn't you ever hear that great John Denver song, "Smokey Mountain High"? Or am I confused?

Ed
03-21-2007, 07:45 PM
How did I get in here?

Did I make a wrong turn again? :nono:

Am I having more of those nasty senior moments?

Anybody got any spare jellybeans?

Or perhaps a :beer: ?

There are no peacocks in here, are there? :(