PDA

View Full Version : Harborside @ Atlantis

tundramom
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Does anyone have any info about trading for Atlantis? I've followed the link thru dvcmember.com but don't really see any point info. Has anyone tried to get this? Just dreaming:cloud9:

keys2kingdom
03-05-2007, 12:36 AM
I'd love to try this out too but I've heard exchanges are very hard to come by.

MidnTPK
03-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm and owner at Harborside at Atlantis and I can confirm that it may be very hard to exchange into. That's because Harborside is one of the top two resorts in Starwood's (Westin and Sheraton) vacation club network. Everyone who bought in Myrtle Beach, Phoenix, and Orlando (where there are tons of units) fill up the place the day that it opens to non-home resort members.

And Harborside owners rarely deposit their weeks into the exchange company (Interval International ) because there are few, if any, places that offer the same amenities as Harborside/Atlantis. The way to look at it is that a week at Harborside includes a week of admission to Atlantis....no DVC resort includes a week's admission to the parks, which would make an exchange 'even', and nothing else even comes close.

And Harborside owners can covert into Starwood Preferred Guest points, which can be used at hotels. For me, I can convert my one bedroom unit into five nights at the Swan and Dolphin.

BUT...I'd definitely consider swapping for my week at Harborside for a DVC week at a resort and time that I find appealing....but not for a few years. I'd only do this directly with someone where I knew that what I was getting at a DVC was worth giving up my week at Atlantis. But again, I have no plans to do this for at least a few years.

I own standard one bedroom (capacity of 4) for a floating week in platinum (peak) season at Harborside. I think a fair trade would be for a one bedroom at the Beach Club, Boardwalk (or Kingdom Tower at the Contemporary) villas, or a larger unit at one of the other DVC resorts. and I people have lesser demand than my co-owners because I am such a Disney fan.

Which is all a long winded way of saying to try swapping directly with a Harborside owner. There are many direct exchanged advertised on places like redweek dot com.

wendy*darling
03-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have any info about trading for Atlantis? I've followed the link thru dvcmember.com but don't really see any point info. Has anyone tried to get this? Just dreaming:cloud9:
You can find the points charts for any II property by:
Member Getaways > World Passport Collection > Interval International Vacation Points Charts (it's down near the bottom of the page).
It will give you 1 & 2 bedroom rates for low, mid and high season. The range is from 124 to 270. That's for 7 nights (you have to take a whole week, even if you are staying for less time). What you don't know is what dates Harborside uses for each season. A call the Member Services can help there.
I recently was "just curious" about using points in Las Vegas. When I spoke with MS I found that it's "high season" just about year round out there- Atlantis may be the same.

DVC2004
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
All you need to do is call member services and let them know you want to go and they will do a search. Be broad with your dates if possible. I recently called and a match was confirmed for me within 6 weeks for Harborside. It will cost the $95 fee. I don't know what seasons are what, be we are travelling in winter and it used 160 points. Good luck!