PDA

View Full Version : What's your job?

caryrae
03-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I am curious what kind of jobs people on Intercot have or have had if your retired.

I am a union tile setter. Ceramic, marble, granite, ect. Been doing it over 10 years now.

GrandFlo
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah!!!! I can finally say that as of 2/14 I am an RN. Although I won't be starting my first job until next month.

But up until that point and for too many years
(10+), I was a sales and marketing mgr. for Viacom. Great job and $$$, but the travel and long hours were not worth it for me.

DVC2004
03-03-2007, 09:51 PM
I am a mortgage loan originator( loan officer) for a large regional bank. I have worked there 10 years. It's a great job- very flexible and I love what I do.

caryrae
03-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah!!!! I can finally say that as of 2/14 I am an RN. Although I won't be starting my first job until next month.

:congrats: on becoming a :nurse:

ibrowse17
03-03-2007, 09:56 PM
DW and I both work at the same high school. She works with special needs students, and I teach history and coach football.

kadesha
03-03-2007, 10:17 PM
DH and I own a state-licensed kennel.

We had a puppy born a few months ago with a Mickey Mouse on him! It's the cutest thing!! Anyone think Disney would be interested?? LOL!

kaerbear178
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I am a union tile setter. Ceramic, marble, granite, ect. Been doing it over 10 years now.

I sell the tile...I work for a tile distributer during the day, and I go to school for interior design at night.

Disneyluvr2
03-03-2007, 10:42 PM
I run the front desk of a very busy dental office. I used to be a dental assistant years ago but wouldn't work in the back now for anything. I love working up front!

disneydeb
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM

We had a puppy born a few months ago with a Mickey Mouse on him! It's the cutest thing!! Anyone think Disney would be interested?? LOL!

In the late 80's there was a cow with a Mickey on her side. Here name was Minnie Moo. Disney may be interesed in your pup. :mickey:

Could we see a picture of the puppy?

jennbunn
03-03-2007, 10:55 PM
i work part time at a grocery store as a csm and full time as a mom!!! :)

Bethanymouse
03-03-2007, 11:01 PM
This is so cool to read! I work as a school psychologist and I am also a graduate student!

BronxTigger
03-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I teach first grade.

goofiecrazy
03-03-2007, 11:24 PM
I work with the other big mouse( Chuck E. Cheese).I am the party coordinator there and I make sure all the birthday parties run on time and people get off the party tables in time for the next wave of parties.Plus I was a Nanny for several years while working with the other mouse..

kakn7294
03-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Actually, when the Year of a Million Dreams promotion kicked off, there was a dog - a beagle - with a Mickey on her head who was Pluto's honored guest of the day. I believe that she was the Grand Marshall for the parade and everything. Who knows, they may be interested in your pup as well.

BTW, I'm an RN - 16 years now - on a cardiac floor working steady 7p - 7a 3 nights a week, every other weekend and most holidays. Some days it's good, some days I hate it.

tiggers_1
03-03-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm a school bus driver, this is my sixth year driving. My route is the special needs elementary and preschool students.

May524
03-03-2007, 11:43 PM
My most recent job was an assistant front office manager at a hotel. Gotta love upset guests! :mickey:

conorsmom2000
03-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I am a Recruiting Coordinator for a company that staffs PeopleSoft (where I used to work! :thumbsup: ) and ADP consultants. Since 2005 they've only needed me on an extremely part time basis so I only work 2 hours a day, from home. I wish it was more, but I can't beat the conveinence of working at home! :mickey:

MickeyAD
03-04-2007, 12:46 AM
I work for the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club selling tickets and handling customer service issues over the phone. I'm a baseball fanatic, so it's a perfect job for me. I'm also a full-time college student majoring in speech communication and minoring in English.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-04-2007, 01:03 AM
I do payroll (hence the name) and HR. I also work for a jewelry store part time.

Disney Babe
03-04-2007, 03:53 AM
I am currently between jobs. Three years ago I was a grant funded family literacy coordinator for our city library, which is extremely close to my home. It was my favorite job and I would love to do something similiar. I especially loved doing the storytimes, and the kids and moms and dads. I also got to travel to conferences and learn new things, so that was really cool. Since then I have done office work that paid better, but I didn't care for it as much as working for a library. Plus libraries offer more flexible hours!

I have also worked many years in retail, several years as a bank teller, worked in government offices, and in restaurants. On my first job long ago I did birthday party coordinating like goofiecrazy, only I worked for Ronald McDonald!:party: I was what they used to call a Store Activities Representative and one of the things I was in charge of was employee get togethers. So, of course, our crew went to DL a few times!

disneydeb
03-04-2007, 04:20 AM
I teach elementary school children to read.

vizsla
03-04-2007, 07:30 AM
I just recently became the Maint. Dept. Foreman for a Waste Water Treatment Facility were I have worked for the last 17 years.

RedSoxFan
03-04-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm a stay at home mom and DH is a VP at a bio-tech company.

hoop de do
03-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm retired from EMS with 30 years as a Paramedic. Before EMS I was a surveyor for 13 years. I enjoyed my jobs very much but I am enjoying my retirement very much also. I now can get on INTERCOT almost every day. My favorite place is WDW and hope to work there when my other half retires. The snow would be easier to shovel in Florida I've heard. Hope to meet more of you in October. Everyone have a great day. :thumbsup:

drummerboy
03-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm a country lawyer, former park ranger, part-time author, and part-time mediator and arbitrator.

kaliepooh
03-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm the Supervisor for a Low Income Rental Assistance Program!!! Great job I love helping families. I am also the wife,mother and maid of three of the most beautiful people on the earth.

I love teachers and heath care professionals, you guys are great!! In my next life I'll be living near Orlando Florida and working in the health care field.

I Love Intercot!!!:cloud9:

caryrae
03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I also have to mention, my wife works for a big Liqour Distrbutor (mostly wine) here in the twin cities area and one perk she gets is she brings home lots of bottles of wine.

I wish someday her company would do something for the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and pay for here to go and I could just happen to tag along.

Caroleh
03-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm a manager for a large fabric chain store here in Canada(even though I manage a very small store, which I love--somedays) and the DH is a vascular ultrasound tech.

Tinkerfreak
03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I used to work for Liberty Mutual Ins. Co. for 13 years but now I am a SAHM and we have a small consttruction company and I do typical secretarial stuff, paperwork, phone calls, scheduling appointments etc. I love being able to help at school and being able to be home when my kids are sick or need me. I hope to take some classes soon but need to figure out what I want to be. I know 38 is a little late to grow up and pick a career but what can I say you are never too old to keep learning.

GenieOfPA
03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
i'm still in college, so i work at the disney store! :mickey:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
03-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm a speech-language pathologist, working in the public school system.

pogo
03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Retired Drummer.....:drummer: ......turned Insurance Agency Owner. :D

DisneyDudet
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM

(10+), I was a sales and marketing mgr. for Viacom. Great job and $$$, but the travel and long hours were not worth it for me.

As of 2/10 I'm an RN too!

I work on a Progressive Care Unit (step down ICU) at a local hospital. I really like it! Its super busy tho!

Congrats to you!

Donald A
03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I am a podiatrist

Christine
03-04-2007, 02:36 PM
:bored: I am a bookkeeper for a commercial real estate finance group.

breezysmom
03-04-2007, 02:39 PM
I substitute teach at my sons middle school about 4 days a week and I am also an EMT.

luvdash
03-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Love reading about the variety of jobs that you all do!
I am a tool and die journeyperson for Ford, but I hope to take the buy-out, so I can go back to school to be a nurse!

MScholl13
03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I've got three jobs right now so I'll name them all.:)
I'm a Reference Desk Assistant at our city library and I'm thinking in the future of going and getting my Masters in Library Science.

I just started my new job as a Program/Membership Coordinator for the local Girl Scout Office. I'm eager to see how this job goes.

And last of all I work one day a week at Sears in the shoe department. I've gotta keep my discount to fund my shoe addiction!

Christine
03-04-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm a Reference Desk Assistant at our city library and I'm thinking in the future of going and getting my Masters in Library Science.

I just started my new job as a Program/Membership Coordinator for the local Girl Scout Office. I'm eager to see how this job goes.

And last of all I work one day a week at Sears in the shoe department. I've gotta keep my discount to fund my shoe addiction!

When do you sleep???

Wolf
03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
This is so neat! I'm a waitress at Cracker Barrel and a full time college student studying to be a High School History Teacher!:teach:

MScholl13
03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
When do you sleep???

Somehow I find time! It's not really that bad, about 60 hours a week and I still have time to do the things I enjoy. So I can't really complain.;)

Mousehead35
03-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone! I'm an HR Manager for an ocean transport organization.

Tinkermom
03-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I am a director of children' s ministry for the second campus of a very large United Methodist Church.:)

berri_boo
03-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I am an Admin. Assistant/Bookkeeper for a small start-up company.

SBETigg
03-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow, what a neat assortment of careers. I'm an author, women's fiction. My next book comes out in September, a few days after I get back from my next WDW vacation. I hope I'm not too exhausted to promote it. :D Not complaining.

Disney Babe
03-04-2007, 07:49 PM

We have some things in common. I used to work for a library (family literacy coordinator) and have been wanting to go back to school and get an MLS. I have been applying for and interviewing for any library job I can find in this area. But I need a full time job, which is hard to find in libraries here. I feel I am too old and don't have enough money to go back to school. But, time just passes by with nothing to show for it - so if there is a way to go for it in the future I will.

I wanted so bad to work for the Girl Scouts in that same capacity! Had an interview about a year ago, but didn't get the job.

And I used to work for Sears. (When they had their bank back in the eighties.)

It's a small world after all.:mickey:

SgtTigger
03-04-2007, 10:22 PM
I am a Lieutenant at my local Sheriff's Office where I have worked for the last 17 years.
I run all the Equipment for the department, Such as the radio system, Lights and sirens, Power to the computers in the cars, Phones, fax machines and all the equipment in the 911 center.
I am also on the SWAT team.

:cop: :tigger:

stitchfan
03-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm a business librarian for a major chemical company. I spend most of my time looking up other companies and trying to find market research reports for our marketing department.:geek:

Right now, I'm laid up with a bad ankle (tendon surgery last Nov.), but when I'm well, I have two other part time jobs: I'm an EMT and first responder for the Red Cross,:ambal: and I work in an aquarium store.:fishbowl:

DW works 3/4 time in a day care center.:babyroll: The rest of the time she looks after me.

Stitchfan:stitch2:

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I am the Compliance Officer at an Insurance Company 4 days per week. On Wednesdays I get to be a volunteer at my sons school!

I too love reading what everyone does! What an eclectic group! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm a United Methodist pastor and former meteorologist.

Sgt Tigger, my DS6 would be in awe of you. He loves watching Dallas/Detroit/Kansas City SWAT on A&E and wants to be a swat officer when he grows up.

KatieN
03-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm a pension plan actuarial analyst (number cruncher) by day and a custom dressmaker/alterationist by night . I would love to be able to do the dressmaking full time if the business would get steady enough :fingers:

~Katie

Michigander
03-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I worked as a Jack of all Trades and Master of Non at an Elementary School Office loved the women I worked with in the office and had a ton of respect for my boss until I figured out he was playing extra close with one of the lunch room ladies who by the way is now his #2 secretary funny how fast she moved up the latter went from play ground duty to playing at office know it all in a matter of three months. And they say it doesn't pay to play nice with the boss. Now I work at another School doing a job I like much better and it really suprises me how things worked out. P.S. my new boss is great he's even giving me time off to come to WDW this spring!:mickey:

DisneyDog
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm a librarian in a small but busy public library. I'm a reference librarian by training, but we don't have a reference desk at this library, so they just come get me if they need me. I help out with the cataloging, and I also do computer maintenance. I just created a brand new website for our library (just came up live last week). I'm now quite busy working on keeping that up to date with all of our programs and such.

ldn324
03-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I have three jobs:

1. My "bread winner" - Admin Assistant for a home health care and hospice agency.
2. Part time scheduler and vet assistant for a veterinary clinic.
3. Part time (seasonal) box office assistant manager for a summer stock theatre.

In the past, I've also ran as a volunteer EMT, although I haven't done so in a couple of years. I'm still certified and may consider it again in the future...in my spare time ;)

MsMin
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Currently I'm in school at LSU and doing work w/ Post Katrina Kids. We are monitoring their mental health after the storm.
I have my M.A. in Psyc and my work prior to going back to school was w/ a lot of low income families helping to keep families intact. Moms in trouble w/ social services. I also volunteered w/ CASA.
While working on my M.A. I was working at the Univ. Library teaching reference skills and after my B.A. I worked at JC Penney's as a display artist and before that I taught gymnastics and volunteered teaching art in the schools. So I feel like a jack of all trades too. I only hope to finish my PhD before I retire. :D

c&d
03-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm a grant administrator at a university.

aprilisis
03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I do all of the maps for a small town. I love it & I never want to leave. :)

offwego
03-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm a commercial banker for a large cdn. bank.

Momof2boys
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I've been at my company for just over 11 years . . . the first 4 years I was the recruiter and now I've been a Project Manager for the past 7 which I really enjoy.

I also have a PT job as a DVD inventory clerk which is a few hours a week which helps my husbands company out.

I'm also Treasurer of my sons school PTO which doesn't pay BUT is a ton of work !

mamacatnv
03-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I am the Accounting Manager for a restroom construction company. We build in house and then transport to the site. Like what you would see at a park or rest stop.

I am also the High School Booster Secretary.

kadesha
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
In the late 80's there was a cow with a Mickey on her side. Here name was Minnie Moo. Disney may be interesed in your pup. :mickey:

Could we see a picture of the puppy?

sure, i'll try to have one on by the morning! ;) How do I do it? Can I put one directly in my post?

Marker
03-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm a software jockey for a telecommunications company based in KC... aka anonymous cubicle dweller who thus far has avoided having his number drawn in the long running layoff of the month club.

Caroleh
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I am also on the SWAT team.

My DB is on the SWAT team of his local sheriff's dept. in Iowa!!! I'm not sure of his rank, but he was the oldest person in his police academy class. He became an officer when he was 47 at the time.

mouseaddict
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's careers. It was refreshing after reading through the DDP fight up in Dining!
I am an RN here in Jax, I work on a cardiovascular and thoracic surgical step-down unit (but who are we kidding..these days we get a little of everything). I used to work in Intensive care but found it to be very depressing. I occasionally float there to keep my skills up. Thanks to everyone for sharing a little bit of themselves!

PirateLover
03-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I am currently in the middle of a semester of student teaching. I am teaching mostly Freshmen and Sophomore students in World History and U.S. History 1. It is A LOT of work but I'm enjoying it! Hopefully I'll be able to find a job for next year.:fingers:

AmBo
03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
On 3/19 I can say I'm a "Data Analyst", but until then I'm a "Systems Configurations Analyst". I'm totally psyched to start the new phase of my career. :party:

mrsHerbie53
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I am an academic librarian at a small college. I recently became the systems librarian and am responsible for our technology and databases, but I still get to teach some and do some reference. Working in a library is awesome and academic gigs are sweet!

My "other job" is taking care of the family. I love it more than my library job! I look forward to the day when that is my main deal.

castlegirl
03-07-2007, 09:52 PM
This was so much fun to read!

I have been a first and second grade teacher in a public elementary school for the last 20 years. :teach:

DisneyNeckCoolers
03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
In real life, I'm a judicial assistant to a justice at the Court of Appeal.

In my "Disney" world, I have a side hobby business where I sell Disney neck coolers on my website.

Jessie
03-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm a Breastfeeding Counselor for our local WIC office.

I'm also a mom 24/7 :goof:

murphy1
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
This is so neat to read what everyone does, some of you I knew about, but some I was surprised!

I got my degree in PR and Journalism and was in the occupational medicine and insurance businesses ( I was an agent, underwriter and mktg rep) for 10 years, then became a stay home mom and then after a year, I became a preschool teacher and sub teacher (I love that job!). I was just recently a transcriptionist for two years and got bored, so now I want to possibly go to become an RN. I also do a lot of freelance sewing, I love that most of all! I have a feeling I will be working with kids in my next job on some level, they are so much fun! My spouse is an electrical engineer.

Incidentally, my aunt was trying to get me to Disney years ago (she has worked there for about 20 years!!)

threeh
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm a labor and delivery nurse. I've been doing it for about 15 years. I really like my job!!!

HockeyKat
03-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm a software engineer, specializing in web application development. Right now I am working on online banking sofware for a top 10 bank.

I have also done print production software, shipping/logistics tracking software, a small startup call system, medical claims processing software, and biotech.

bucky at disney
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I have three jobs:

1. My "bread winner" - Admin Assistant for a home health care and hospice agency.
2. Part time scheduler and vet assistant for a veterinary clinic.
3. Part time (seasonal) box office assistant manager for a summer stock theatre.

In the past, I've also ran as a volunteer EMT, although I haven't done so in a couple of years. I'm still certified and may consider it again in the future...in my spare time ;)

I'm and Administrative Assistant for a home health and hospice company too! Never realized what red tape was until I started here!

indytraveler
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I've checked out what everybody does... Wow. I am an Independent Manufacturer's Representative. I never get to say the whole job title anymore. Description: Basically a sales rep who is self employed.

Granny Jill A
03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I've worked in offices since I was 18. Started out as an audit clerk for a grain company, then went to a bank, insurance company, jewelry wholesaler, salt company, gasoline wholesaler, engineering firm, non-profit organization, occupational health service, and finally a state university.

There are a lot of bad places to work out there, and I've worked at most of them.

Worst job ever: Gasoline company - handling stinky, dirty paperwork, and not being allowed to talk to anyone.

Best job so far: The one I have that lets me get on Intercot. :blush:

mrsgaribaldi
03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm an RN in an ER.:nurse:

crazypoohbear
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm a receptionist... for now... I want to find a full time job,probalby doing Customer service, or office work. I need money!

ftwildernesskid
03-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I am a preschool teacher. I teach 3 year olds and LOVE it, though I got my degree in Spanish grades 6-12. Many more hugs and much less attitude from the little ones.

AmyKane
03-09-2007, 11:51 PM
I am a Management Trainee at Crate and Barrel and love it!

citizensnoopy
03-10-2007, 02:26 AM
I'm a medical student --- a little more than two years left! Yes, I still have time to post on Intercot. :D I'm hoping to specialize in pediatrics or endocrinology. Part of me has grown up on Intercot --- I joined when I was an 18-year-old college freshman who had dreams of being a physician. Now I'm fulfilling the dream. :blush:

TheMartellFamily
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
DH is a store manager for a leather furniture company. DW is a full time student and stay at home mom when not in class or studing. She is planning on working in the medical field with working towards her RN in the years to come.

CrazyStitch
03-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm a Senior Programmer for a national insurance company. I write and maintain some of the systems used behind-the-scenes by the agents. Don't know a whole lot about the insurance side of the business, and not sure I want to. I just want to program computers :)

iheartmickey
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
I am an Assistant Manager at The Vitamin Shoppe. My real full time job is my DD!

My DH is a Art Production Manager ... he manages the production of packages and labels for products (laundry det., toothpaste, etc.)

If I become Manager at TVS I can go with the rest of the managers on the annual trip to Disney in July!!!!! They go every year to meet different vendors! :mickey:

caryrae
07-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Any new people want to add anything or anyone change jobs lately?

PirateLover
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Don't remember if I posted in this thread earlier. I recently graduated college Maxima Cum Laude with a double major in Secondary Education and Social Studies. So, naturally I'm currently on the hunt for a teaching position. In the meantime I am once again working at a summer camp, which I've been doing for 9 years now.

princessjojo
07-24-2007, 07:29 PM

Hey congratulations!!!!

What a coincidence...I'm in nursing school now hoping to graduate in May. Before that, my "real" job was in sales and marketing selling to our corporate retail sales division (Home Depot's, Lowe's, mom & pop corner hardware store type retail). I loved it, but sometimes you just need to know when to go...

Inbetween those two, I worked in pharmacy, and was SAHM.

I love thisthread....so many different people doing so many different types of jobs..

DessertDivaFL
07-24-2007, 08:35 PM
I am a county government employee. I work for the Department of Transportation. My job title is "Request For Action Coordinator". Basically that means I take complaints from the county citizens all day and then go inspect their complaint and try to find a solution and if I can't they will complain some more. :(

IloveDisney71
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Kindergarten Teacher :blush:

NewmanFamily6
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Dh is a pharmacist & I am a stay at home mom who is also a full time student. I begin the RN program here in the fall but want to go on for the BSN:mickey:

Ron737-700
07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I work in the Mailroom at a Local bank in Columbus Ohio for 8 years. I sort inbound/outbound mail as well as Scan inbound FedEx, UPS , DHL, and USPS Packages. I also type up Fedex lables on Outbound Fedex Packages.

LottaLubes
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I work as a project manager for an insurance company in Hartford, CT. Love it.

pdrlkr
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I am a Resident Doctor in Radiology with just 2 more years to go!

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Right now I am a stay at home mom to my two 15 month old twin girls. Its always entertaining. I have a BA in Behavioral Science and would eventually like to take online classes and get my Masters and be a school guidance counselor.

ImagiAsh
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm working in Manhattan at a computer engineering firm. I'm in charge of designing a disaster control/back up plan in case the servers crash. (It's an internship, so let's see if I can figure everything out by this September!!):secret:

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I do college administration in downtown Minneapolis, at a school that teaches audio production, engineering, recording and music entertainment business. It's wonderful! Most of my friends are musicians, and while I love it all, I lack any and all abilty to create music in any form! I rock at administrative work though, so it's the best of both worlds!:thumbsup::cloud9:

I'm also persuing a part time job assisting with admin duties for a school that teaches rock music/performance to kids! That's still up in the air, but here's hoping! :secret::fingers:

DaisylovesDonald
07-25-2007, 08:57 AM
This is a great thread! Sounds like there are a lot of nurses out there, that makes me feel good! Next to SAHM, and teachers, I find nursing is one of those extremely hard working jobs that is such a necessity, yet some people just don't appreciate enough and often take them for granted. So thank you nurses! :clappy:

I am a microbiological scientist, which I basically do project coordinating/medical writer/data analysis for biotech/pharmaceutical companies for when they submit data to the FDA. It's a pretty new job, so I'm still experiencing growing pains. Previously I worked at a start-up medical device company doing biological research and development. I miss the comradery and intimacy of a small start-up, but I don't miss the constant wondering when/if we'd get more funding. Sometimes I also miss the hands on experience in the lab, discovering new things that could actually someday contribute to helping people, rather than data analysis, which so far, is kinda boring. But with the slight boredom comes way less stress!

I would LOVE to just quit and move to Florida and become a CM working in the Magic Kingdom! :mickey: If only I could convince DH! ;)

DisneyTeen
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I am a Financial Analyst. Just as fun as it sounds. haha

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I am currently enrolled in college for my RN, BSN...have been going to school part-time since Jan 2004, took one year off due to illness, and will graduate in 2011.

For my full-time gig, I am the unit secretary of our ER, the hub of the wheel, if you will. I love my job. I will kind of hate to give it up once I finish school. Used to be an EMT, but the city life on the street was too much for me. Just watch "Critical Hour" on Discover Health, you'll see what I mean.

My DH is a firefighter/Paramedic for Baltimore City.

BigDisneyDad
07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm a corporate network security administrator for a large company here in Atlanta.

lovewalt
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I am a Behavioral Tech at a psychiatric hospital.I work 1:1 with kids who have developmental disabilities.Sometimes it's really tough depending on which patient I'm assigned to,but mostly I really enjoy it.It's NEVER boring!!!

Lily
07-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I have recently changed jobs within the company I have worked for almost five years. I am one of two schedulers for the Coldwater Creek contact center. I create the work schedules for several of the teams using the contact projections. I am really enjoying the challenge of making sure the customer calls/e-mails/chats are answered and providing the agents with their desired work schedules.

Pipalotta
07-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I am a nanny for 3 little girls:trio: as well as a full time student studing juvenile justice!

Mommy2boys
07-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm a banker

Bluesky481
07-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I teach special education in an elementary school:D

TheDuckRocks
07-27-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm a deadbeat..:D..oh, wait a minute I mean retired after many, many years in accounting.

Nate's Grandpa
07-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm VP in charge of programming at a local data center. We provide computer services for banks and life insurance companies.

I've been here for 28 years.
Great job working with great people!

TheMartellFamily
07-29-2007, 12:46 AM
DW finished college in an accelerated program and will be Medical Assistant working in association with a medical college. That means I will be working with med students with patient care as part of their education in their choosen field. I will do everything from Lab, X-ray and surgery. I can not wait.

Catwillow
07-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I work for the Florida Department of Corrections as a Senior Clerk.

Jimenyfan
07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm a cash handler for our minor league baseball team, its seasonal work and the rest of the year I am a stay at home mom.

DisneyMelissa
07-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I work as an intern in the information technology department at an insurance company, and I'm also a part time student majoring in criminal justice. It's kind of tough trying to balance the two, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it!

Piglet822
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Motor Coach Operator for Mears Transportation in Orlando, Fl.
Currently I'm doing the DME runs :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
07-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I work full time for an event production company. I have my own company where I plan weddings - my PASSION! - and I am just getting a wedding blog started (listed as my homepage in my profile). I'd love to plan some Intercot weddings :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
07-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm a legal assistant for a large international law firm supporting 3 attorneys practicing transactional and administrative law (corporate & securities, banking & finance, mergers & acquisitions, insurance, and global security). I am blessed to work for a wonderful firm and with such great folks at all levels.

I've been a legal assistant more than 20 years. Prior to legal I held admin./exec. assistant and office management positions.

Clarabelle Cow
07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I am the Logistics Operations Manager for a large childrens home. I am so blessed! To be a part of these children's lives is simply in describable.

DH has been a communications technician for 30 years - started working there when he was 15 years old with the after school program. It's the ONLY employement he's ever had. Again, what a blessing.

Ian
07-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm the Technical Operations Manager for a large consumer lending organization (i.e. a mortgage lender).

Basically, I run the technical support organization for all of our mortgage origination businesses.

JessicaRabbit
07-31-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm an attorney currently serving as a law clerk to the justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court. Come September 1st though, I will be an UNemployed attorney as my contract with the Court expires (it was a one year appointment) and I've yet to land another gig.

More time for Intercot! :surf:

mtown71
07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I am an x-ray tech/MA/evening supervisor at an occupational health center.

offero
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
I currently work as a property manager for a real estate company and I am stationed at a Girl Scout office.

However, I have my masters' degree in Marketing Communications, so I am always looking for a new job (hint, hint) and plan to eventually work on my PH.D.

bleukarma
07-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I work for a title company assisting commercial real estate examiners. I also work part time at JC Penney’s.

However, even though I am 27 I am kind of going through that “what should I do with my life” phase. I know I don’t want to become an examiner. I have a degree in broadcasting that I’ll probably never use because to get my foot in the door of the business would only pay me half of what I make doing office jobs. I would love to work for Disney corporate one day but I hear you need to work your way up through the parks and unfortunately Disney doesn’t pay their CM’s much. I am thinking of finishing off my college credits with a degree in paralegal work, concentrating on real estate. Who knows, maybe one day I will be in the position where I could be on Disney’s legal council!

offero
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
bleukarma I feel your pain. I once worked in advertising now no one will take me unless I have my foot in the door at an agency that would pay me much less than I currently make. So far I am finding the only thing my degree was good for was decorative origami.

prprincess
07-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm a program management specialist. My job is basically to perform liaison duties between the gov't. contractor that I work for and the US Navy. But I'm trying to change careers and start my own event planning business.

RPHX2NC
07-31-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm a part time pharmacist for an independent pharmacy and a full time mom.

DH is a full time pharmacist/pharmacy manager for our local Wal-mart. We are also "economic housing providers." We have 7 rentals and have converted some properties.

tealady
07-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow! Suddenly you guys seem more like people and less like disney characters (HAHAHA)!

I have been an EEG technologist for almost 13 years!

:surf:

Dakota Rose
07-31-2007, 08:30 PM
This is so cool!!! :)

The most important job I have -- and the one that takes up the most of my energy -- is being a stay-at-home mom.

But, I also handle the marketing & billing for my husband's tile setting company.

And I sell Avon.

And I'm a freelance writer.

And I'm a licensed massage therapist but I don't have much of a clientele since we just moved to ND a year ago.

You could say I like to keep busy. :blush:

Kairi_7378
07-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I am a full time Geotechnical Engineer, a part time grad student, and a wife. My dream job would be an Imagineer who got to design park layouts and resorts.

Clotho
08-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I am a tribal bellydancer. I teach, perform, and also make costumes.
As a side job/hobby I design web sites and a little graphic design (logos, business cards, postcards, etc).

But bellydance is my life's passion.

Hubby is an IT geek for Disney Internet Group. He just got the job this year. I was a Disneylover before then, so the perks he got were a major bonus! I think him mentioning in his interview that we had a 10-day trip to WDW planned for September that he would need time off for worked in his favor. ;)

caryrae
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Anyone have to change jobs to help save on gas? Or anyone's job changed to the 4 10 hour days work week that's been on the news lately?