PDA

View Full Version : 30 Year Anniversary Trip(THE BIG DAY)7 pt2

Pastcastmember1715
03-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Arrived at the Contemporary and the first thing DW notices is we are heading down to the second floor instead of stopping on the third, SURPRISE we are eating "upstairs" tonight !!! She just smiled and said "are you sure?" yup I'm sure. Checked in at the desk and was taken upstairs immediately, she walks out of the elevator and looks around and goes to what I like to call the "deer in the headlight look". Our table was not ready but it should be just a few minutes. After a short walk out to the observation deck we return and our table is now ready, located along the front glass in the rear corner, a perfect location for the fireworks. Our table is decorated with Mickey confetti, a very nice touch (of course DW had to save some). After ordering wine and and an appetizer I looked up just in time to see Paul who is the manager walk by the table, after a minute or two I excused myself for a quick trip to the restroom. When Paul saw me get up, he followed me around the corner out of site if DW and we made final plans and I turned the ring over to him. After a wonderful dinner which we finished just before the fireworks, we ordered desert and waited for it's arrival. Just then a member of the wait staff came over with a camera and ask if we would like our picture taken to commemorate our anniversary, so I moved over to DW side of the table to have the picture taken, just then Paul arrived with a covered dish, sit it down in front of DW and said this was her desert and lifted the cover off! The ring was in a blue silk cloth, arranged in the glass slipper, which was sitting on a mirror which read "Dreams Do Come True".
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:. After that there were lots of tears and hugs and even some applause from tables around us. This was the climax of the trip for both DW and I, but I couldn't have pulled it off without the help of sooo many CM's and of course Wendy and Magical Journey's......Thanks to all who read my posts and sharing in our joy, it was truly a Magical Trip

Dopey's Girl
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
WOW! What a great report!!! I'm sitting here at the computer with tears in my eyes!:cry: So sweet! What a memorable anniversary for you both!

:congrats: on 30 years together!

dtootsie42
03-01-2007, 11:39 PM
:mickey: Wow, Wow, Wow!!! What a great surprise!!!! Congrats on 30 years together, that is something to really celebrate! Wishing you 30 plus more years together!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
GO DAD!!!!! :number1: :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-02-2007, 06:44 AM
That is too sweet. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

pogo
03-02-2007, 07:39 AM
WOW !!!! What a romantic thing to do, and you pulled it off. I am impressed.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:congrats: on thirty years !:cloud9:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I just hope my DW doesn't read this. :D

Christine
03-02-2007, 08:39 AM
That is probably one of the most romantic, beautiful things I have ever heard!

Thanks for sharing your special trip with us!

Tinkerfreak
03-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow with a wonderful husband like you I'm sure your wife has had the best 30 years ever. This is the most romantic thing ever. Congrats! Wow sounds like you had some really great cm who helped make everything so special. I'm so happy for you and your wife.

faline
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
What a wonderful surprise! You certainly had a most memorable anniversary!

ChipnDaleGal
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
That was certainly the Happy Ending that all of us were looking for! I am so glad that it all went so perfectly. I am sure that your wife felt very loved, very special, and very lucky. Thanks for sharing your very special trip with us! :mickey:

Jimenyfan
03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Wow, what a great night for the two of you. Congratulations of 30yrs.

tyandskyesmom
03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
WOW!!!

I have 19 1/2 years to hint around about something like this...I'm not going to hold my breath!

Sounds like a wonderful trip for both of you...

disneyfamily05
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
What a great trip and wonderful surprise! I wasn't even there and it brought a lump to my throat! Congrats to you and your wife!

pdrlkr
03-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
03-03-2007, 09:06 AM
That was simply amazing and I can only hope that I can come up with something like this for my wife on our 30th as she deserves it already and I can't even imagine how much more she will deserve it in 20 years from now!

SBETigg
03-03-2007, 12:18 PM
That's beautiful. I'm sure she was absolutely breathless and blown away. What a great time, fantastic trip, and an amazing celebration of thirty years. You pulled it off! Congratulations and much happiness to you and your wife!

TKDisneylover
03-04-2007, 12:24 PM
What a great surprise for your wife! It truly was a Magical trip for the two of you. Congrats on the Anniversary:party: !!

Thanks for sharing your trip!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
That was just beyond words (you've made me cry happy tears for both of you). What a considerate and thoughtful man you are! Many blessings for continued years of happiness together! Dreams do come true! :cloud9:

JustCallMeSquishy
03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
whoo! I am fanning my eyes right now!! This was a fantastic trip report. I am so glad I read this!! You are one heck of a DH!!

RedSoxFan
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
What a beautiful surprise. Congrats on 30 years. I enjoyed reading all the reports.:mickey:

Bethanymouse
03-12-2007, 08:11 PM
What a great suprise! I am so glad that everything turned out so magical! Thanks for sharing!:cloud9:

offwego
03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
What a lovely surprise!! thank you for sharing it with us.:mickey:

murphy1
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
What a wonderful trip and surprise!! Lucky lady!