PDA

View Full Version : DLR in first week of December?

JabberJaws
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
My fiancee and I are planning a trip to DLR in early December. I know that this time of the year is one of the best times to go to WDW (we are east coasters and former CMs of WDW) but I wasn't sure about DLR.

Also, what is the weather like? I know it rains some during the winter and can be cool.

Finally, how are crowds on Sundays. I know that Saturdays will be slammed. We are planning on going to the parks Dec. 2, 3, and 4 (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday). I wanted to include the Sunday so we can see the park at night and see the parades and fireworks, but how are the crowds normally?

Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

Carol
03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
If you can work it out - I would definitely go. Haunted Mansion Holiday and the Small World overlay is worth fighting any crowds.

I was there mid November and thought the weather was great. We didn't see a speck of rain. It would cool down to the 50's at night. You can tell who are the locals - as they scamper toward the heaters. :thumbsup:

You should find a lot less people on Monday & Tuesday.

Have a wonderful time. :santa3:

NotaGeek
03-02-2007, 09:28 AM
My fiancee and I are planning a trip to DLR in early December. I know that this time of the year is one of the best times to go to WDW (we are east coasters and former CMs of WDW) but I wasn't sure about DLR.

Also, what is the weather like? I know it rains some during the winter and can be cool.

Finally, how are crowds on Sundays. I know that Saturdays will be slammed. We are planning on going to the parks Dec. 2, 3, and 4 (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday). I wanted to include the Sunday so we can see the park at night and see the parades and fireworks, but how are the crowds normally?

Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

The first week of December is my FAVORITE week of the year at DLR! Monday-Thursday will be very light crowds, but by Thursday night though Sunday it will be mayhem as the crowds swoop into the parks to start their Christmas cheer. BUT,it's wonderful, the snow after the fireworks, the Christmas parade, the Electric Light Parade at DCA (let's hope they do it again!) and everyone in their Holiday Spirit. It's a great week to get your Disney fix! Fireworks will probably only be on Sunday night, so cross your fingers for good weather and no wind so you don't miss them!

I have never had bad weather in December, it's cold (for SoCal) and it's been foggy before, but no rain!

Dakota Rose
03-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I agree with Notageek. I've never had rain in December. Maybe some drizzles and definitely fog, but no rain.

I've been in Dec several times, and we've had everything from 70s to 50s during the day and 50s to high 30s at night. And a bit breezy.

On Sunday, DL will likely be busy so head to DCA where it will probably be quieter. By Mon afternoon, it should be fairly quiet in both parks.

mook3y
03-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Having grown up 20 miles from DLR and having had 13 annual passes, I have been many many times.

Far and away my favorite time to visit DLR is between the Thanksgiving and Christmas School breaks.

It is almost like having a private party at the park.

Plus, the park is all decked out for the holidays, it is awesome!

Enjoy... your going to have the time of your life!

nmbullrdr
04-04-2007, 01:30 PM
We have always gone the first week of December and LOVED it! Had a slight drizzle just once and that left us with the whole park almost to ourselves. Sunday will be busy, but check out Fantasmic! (I recommend both shows, it is that good). Catch the fireworks and the snow, very magical. Monday and Tuesday will not be very crowded, we had walk ons during the morning (and we collected fast passes) and a little bit more crowded in the afternoon. These two days are nice, you can spend an entire morning in Fantasyland just hitting all the attractions, the lines are short and move rather quickly. These days the park will close early for cast parties, that is a good time to hit the hot tub, a great dinner and drinks in Downtown Disney, or take in a movie (we saw Brother Bear there in 2003). Just relax and have a great time!

Princess_Pumpkin16
04-13-2007, 11:12 AM
We have also been thinking about taking a trip out to DL the 1st week of Dec. (we are also thinking about going to WDW again too, not sure which one we want to do...) But this is the thing, we want to make a combination trip to visit my brother for a few days in San Diego with a few days in DL and don't know which end of the trip to start??? From reading the comments above, we are thinking about doing the first part of the trip in DL, because it seems the crowds are lower and we have a 3 yr old, but...they only doing fireworks Sunday night? I have only been to DL when I was little, back in the 70's and I know that ALLOT has changed since then. We will only be doing maybe 2-3 days in Disneyland and skipping California Adventure (is that y
the other park?) since our daughter is only 3 and I don't think that ther would be much for her to do. But she LOVES the fireworks (and so do we)...so we need help. Also, which airport is closest to DL? We will probably fly out either late Friday night or EARLY Saturday staying in California til the next weeknd, depending on how good an airfare we can get. Any suggestions?? We need lots of help!:mickey:
THANKS!!!

Dakota Rose
04-13-2007, 11:17 PM
The closest airport to DLR is Santa Ana/John Wayne (SNA). Often you can find better deals flying into Long Beach or Ontario, but they are further away.

I wouldn't skip DCA even with a 3 yo. We used to live in CA, so we took my son at 8 mos and 23 mos. There was always something to do at DCA. There's Bug's Land which is basically carnival rides with a Bugs Life theme, the ferris wheel, Monsters Inc, Muppets show, Aladdin show, Electric Light Parade, Nemo thingie, Playhouse Disney, Block Party parade, a great play area/obstacle course, and another water-themed play area. Plus he loved standing on the boardwalk and waving to the riders on Screamin'. Plus, we always seemed to see more characters at DCA.