PDA

View Full Version : May the Force be with you...

prttynpnk
02-28-2007, 03:49 PM
We're going to our 1st StarWars weekend this year- any reviews or thoughts?
I'm curious about whether or not there are fixed events and we should be there for certain things, or is it a hang around and people watch kind of thing? :yoda:

Figment!
02-28-2007, 03:54 PM
There are indeed "fixed" events.

See the Star Wars Weekends (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp)section of INTERCOT info Central.

The listing is currently for the 2006 Weekends, but the 2007 listing is not expected to vary much--minus the Star Wars edition of Millionare.

Check back to that section as dates get closer and you will find the 2007 listing as soon as it is released.

prttynpnk
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you, Figment!
I was really hoping for some personal accounts of Wookie love and such....:blush:

TIGGER17179
05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey! I've been there a few times while this was going on. If you like Starwars it will be a blast! It does get crowded though so go ahead and get used to that. Most of the stuff goes on around the Star Tours ride. They have a stage right by the ride where they do a few shows. They get a few of the younger people and train them as jedi. The characters there are really good! One guy was dressed like Darth Mal and his was freaky ! For a few minutes you forget these people are not the real characters. If you want any merchandise that is the hard part - it gets gone really fast so if that is something you want then go there first. They sale a lot of limited edition items and they go fast!
The parade was cool.. Mickey Mouse is dressed as a jedi and then you have the Emperial Storm Troopers come down and behind them is Vader.. really cool. There are people dressed every where Luke & Leia-- Chewy - storm troopers - Han Solo etc..
The cool part is when you get there look up at the gate and they have the storm troopers walking like they are on guard and you here them say move along move along and stuff from the movies... I had a BLAST! -- I'm actually going the last weekend this year and my crew has never gotten to go so they are in for a treat!
Hope this helps --- let me know if you need to know anything else... :thumbsup:

Laughin' place
05-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Took my 2 SW crazy sons (13 and 10) last year, and they had a GREAT time. There was more to it than I expected. Some tips:
1) Be there before rope drop -- storm troopers do a "show" as they supervise entry into the part at rope drop. One of the boys' highlights
2) bring lots of money -- lots of cool collectables and SW stuff
3) great picture taking - we got good pictures with wookies, "Luke", and a very realistic Emperor
4) crowds are huge, be prepared. The whole park was busier than usual, and there were huge crowds for the SW events
5) if you have younger ones (Id say 10ish and below), try to get them in for Jedi Training
have a great time !:yoda:

DisneyFreak102
05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
:yoda: :darth: :trooper: :ewok: :chewy: ummm i think if you ride like the star tours ride around like right when the park opens and you can ride the ride with the storm troopers

Mandalorian30
05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
I went to Star Wars Weekends in 2004, and had a blast!

I loved seeing all of the Star Wars characters walking around. They were EVERYWHERE. I was able to get my picture taken with several, such as Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader, Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, Jango Fett, etc.

One thing I thought was really cool was upon arriving at the park, there were several Stormtroopers and Boba Fett walking around on the roof above the entrance turnstyles, as if they were patrolling the entrances. I thought that was a neat touch.

Also, while I was in line for Star tours, right as I was about to board, Darth Vader walked up and stood behind me without me realizing until several people started smiling and pointing. That was fun, too!

If you're a fan, you're gonna love SW weekends! Have fun on your trip!!:thumbsup:

jefmblrd
05-22-2007, 06:16 PM
I've never been during Star Wars Weekend, but I heard on a podcast this morning that the Stormtrooper show is not to be missed.

The person also said to make sure you get there before it opens if you want to get celebrity autographs, because you need Fastpasses for that.

He also said to look for alternative places to buy Star Wars stuff, because Tatooine Traders is always jammed, and it takes a long time to buy anything there.

TIGGER17179
05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Cool! I missed the storm trooper show when I went.. Is it when they open the park? What time should we get there? I will have to try and catch that!! Does anyone know where you can get a picture with Darth Vador? :darth:
I'm getting so excited I can't stand it and I have 3WEEKS!!!:fit:
:grouphug: I love this place!:darth:

prttynpnk
05-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Reworking the itinerary! Got to see that rope drop!
Thank you everybody!!

Carol
05-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Cool! I missed the storm trooper show when I went.. Is it when they open the park? What time should we get there? I will have to try and catch that!! Does anyone know where you can get a picture with Darth Vador? :darth:
I'm getting so excited I can't stand it and I have 3WEEKS!!!:fit:
:grouphug: I love this place!:darth:The Storm Troopers are atop the entrance before the turnstiles open. It's not at rope drop. You need to be there early as they start allowing folks to line up for autograph FastPasses inside the gate about 30 minutes prior to park opening. Once you're inside the gate you cannot see the Storm Troopers very well.

I wouldn't worry too much about merchandise. Last year they turned the Sound Stages on Mickey Avenue into Wicket's Warehouse. It made it much easier to find stuff. Go early to shop though. The line gets very long by mid morning.

We get there at least an hour before the gate opens.

Darth Vader can be found on Mickey Avenue where Sorcerer Mickey typically hangs out. You can see tons of photos via my profile link.

We've been the past 3 years and it is easily our favorite event. :yoda:

TIGGER17179
05-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Thank you! I'm glad to hear about the merchandise. It was terrible trying to get in that little store at the ride. I have some merchandise so I'm going to do the other stuff this time.
We are staying at the resort and it says that MGM is open early on that Friday. Does that mean we get to go in before everyone? I'm surprised they have it opening early that morning. Just wondering how that would work.

Crow
05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
ive been there a few times for it.
the Stormtroopers are cool.
glad they moved the merch last yr to the warehouse...litle TT was hard to get thru.
i never stood in line for autographs though. usually only go for a little while.
but i will b there again for the first weekend

Kate In Wonderland
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
My DH and I have been there a few times for it. It's great! Have a WONDERFUL time!!

Figment!
06-03-2007, 11:04 PM
2007 Event Listings are now available.

See the Star Wars Weekends (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp)section of INTERCOT info Central.

KylesMom
06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
One-of-a-Kind Collectibles -- that will be available in Tatooine Traders. With a look inspired by scenes in the Star Wars movies, the retail location is adjacent to the Ewok Village set at the Star Tours attraction.
Have they really moved the merchandise back into Tatooine Traders for this years' Star Wars Weekends, or is this a general statement published by Disney?