PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party

Mickey'sGirl
02-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Is anyone planning to attend the Hallowe'en Party when down for the Anniversary? We are going to go one night.
:mpumpkin: :bat: :pumpkin: :blackcat: :ghost: :frank: :witch:

Carol
02-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes.

Unless Disney goes and changes the party dates - the Friday night activities will take place during the Halloween Party on the 12th.

faline
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Must definitely do a Halloween party!

John
02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
We are currently putting together our staff planning committee and should have some preliminary details announced in the next few weeks that outline activities and merchandise for the ICOT 10th Anniversary ;)

BriarRose0708
04-30-2007, 09:42 AM
I need some advice on this dilemma I'm having. I am about 95% sure I am going to be there from the 12th to the 14th (what is it with me and super short trips????). Here's the thing- since the Halloween Party is a Friday night and there is no discount I am thinking there will be quite a crowd and the party will sell out quickly. I have been waiting to book my trip since I am not sure where I will be living in October and if I can get the 12th off from whatever job I happen to be in. I am ok with that, but I am afraid if I wait too long I'll miss out on the Party ticket.

I am thinking the best thing for me to do is to buy the ticket tomorrow morning just to make sure I have it, and book the rest of my trip later. Is there a refund or cancellation policy for the Halloween Party? In case I can't go I don't want to be out $50. Any thoughts on my plan from experienced Disney goers? Thank you!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-30-2007, 09:51 AM
:mpumpkin: :blackcat: :jack: We will be there!! :D :hmghost: :ghost: :blackcat: :mpumpkin:

Beast_fanatic
04-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I need some advice on this dilemma I'm having. I am about 95% sure I am going to be there from the 12th to the 14th (what is it with me and super short trips????). Here's the thing- since the Halloween Party is a Friday night and there is no discount I am thinking there will be quite a crowd and the party will sell out quickly. I have been waiting to book my trip since I am not sure where I will be living in October and if I can get the 12th off from whatever job I happen to be in. I am ok with that, but I am afraid if I wait too long I'll miss out on the Party ticket.

I am thinking the best thing for me to do is to buy the ticket tomorrow morning just to make sure I have it, and book the rest of my trip later. Is there a refund or cancellation policy for the Halloween Party? In case I can't go I don't want to be out $50. Any thoughts on my plan from experienced Disney goers? Thank you!:mickey:

In most cases, sell-outs don't happen until about a month in advance. I think you'd be safe to wait awhile before you buy your ticket.

As far as refund/cancellation, Disney has been known to refund party tickets for a good reason in the past, but there's no guarantee that they would do so.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 08:43 AM
:mpumpkin: PS - got my tickets this morning... I can't wait!! :D :mpumpkin:

BriarRose0708
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
In most cases, sell-outs don't happen until about a month in advance. I think you'd be safe to wait awhile before you buy your ticket.

As far as refund/cancellation, Disney has been known to refund party tickets for a good reason in the past, but there's no guarantee that they would do so.

Thanks Rhonda! I am going to wait until I am able to book my package, I hope to get that done no later than June.

MsMin
05-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm booked and would love to go but I always hesitate to purchase anything too far in advance. With me in school and Rachel going back to grad school we want to look at our schedules before really knowing we are available. I'm glad to know Beast_fanatic thinks it will be a month before a sell out. It will be mid Aug. before I have my fall schedule. I hate waiting but I hate trying to get my money back b/c it's nearly $200 for us.

hoop de do
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
The three of us have our tickets for the 12th. Can't wait. :mpumpkin: :mpumpkin: :mpumpkin:

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I do want to go friday night but not sure yet if I can pay $50 bucks. :(

BriarRose0708
05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Who's dressing up? I can't decide if I am going to rock a costume, or just hang out in tourist gear (jeans, tee shirt, hoodie, minnie ears, etc.). I want to go as the crazy knitting lady for the actual Halloween at home and wear a knit sweater, covered in yarn, and have knitting needles sticking out of my hair :knit:. It's a great costume for Buffalo, but Orlando- not so much! Any ideas?

murphy1
05-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I can confirm they don't really sell out until closer to Halloween. My sister lives near there and goes every year and never buys her tickets until right before she goes, she has not faced a sell out yet and goes during mid-October.

They usually wear t-shirts that are all the same.

JPL
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Tickets purchased :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Our tickets arrived yesterday :mpumpkin:

dlpmikki
05-10-2007, 02:06 AM
I haven't bought my tickets yet but I am going as Maleficent (do you think anyone will notice the difference? ;) )

Not2Loud
05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Tickets arrived yesterday!:mickey:

hoop de do
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
We received our tickets today for the 12th.
:mpumpkin: :mpumpkin: :mpumpkin:

Ian
05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Just ordered my ticket!!

JPL
05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Ian since you are attending do we have to change the title to Wacky's Very Scary Halloween Party ;)

Ian
05-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Ian since you are attending do we have to change the title to Wacky's Very Scary Halloween Party ;)Don't make me sic my Castle peeps on you, Jeff.

Christine
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Who's dressing up?

I am for sure! I love MNSSHP! More than likely, I will be making my second appearance as that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious nanny who is practically perfect in every way! :thumbsup:

My ticket just arrived this past week!!!

dlpmikki
05-25-2007, 12:06 PM
I just ordered my tickets. Friday nights are selling out quicker than other nights so if you are planning on going and have not bought your tickets yet it might be an idea buy now!

pogo
05-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I am for sure! I love MNSSHP! More than likely, I will be making my second appearance as that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious nanny who is practically perfect in every way! :thumbsup:

I wish I could be there to see that ! :eyes: :D

BriarRose0708
05-25-2007, 03:26 PM
My ticket arrived today!

Here we go again...
06-03-2007, 10:41 PM
I am getting ready to order my tickets but I have a couple of questions...

Okay, everyone is going on the 12th, right?
Are there any activities planned for that night?
Is anyone dressing up in costume?

Fill me in!

disneydeb
06-03-2007, 10:45 PM
I ordered 3 tickets for the girls and me a couple nights ago for Friday Oct 12, so I'll be there. I will dress in costume. I have no Idea what I'll wear though!

See you then!

Melanie
06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Okay, everyone is going on the 12th, right?
Are there any activities planned for that night?
Is anyone dressing up in costume?

Yes, the INTERCOT events that evening will take place during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

I personally won't be dressing up, but many will. We had some great costumes in our group last time. :thumbsup:

hoop de do
06-04-2007, 07:36 AM
My wife, daughter and I will be dressed up. I had trouble finding a 2XL "tutu" so I may have to change mine. Can't wait. If you don't dress up you'll mess up:mpumpkin::mpumpkin::mpumpkin:

grego77
06-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Just ordered my ticket. :mickey: I also will be dressing up. ;)

Thumper03
06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Happy envelope arrived from Lake Buena Vista, yesterday. Two tickets for MNSSHP!:party::bat::mpumpkin::witch::scarecrow::pa rty:
Planning on costumes now.:secret:

Tink's Friend
06-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I just bought my tickets, so DH and I will be at the party on Friday night. I doubt that we will dress up, but one never knows.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

grego77
06-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Got my ticket last week! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I just ordered our tickets:thumbsup:

Joanna
07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
We got our tickets in the mail this week. We're going Thursday AND Friday nights.:mpumpkin:

mrsgaribaldi
07-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Our tickets came yesterday!!! :woohoo:
We were so excited:blush:
I just have to make sure I don't lose them now:secret:

MsMin
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
My wife, daughter and I will be dressed up. I had trouble finding a 2XL "tutu" so I may have to change mine. Can't wait. If you don't dress up you'll mess up:mpumpkin::mpumpkin::mpumpkin:

tutus are so easy to make. I've known ppl to put a panel in to expand one.
One of my dd's says costume are you crazy and the other says oooooooo can I be a princess???
Is it really less fun if you don't dress?????

Christine
07-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Is it really less fun if you don't dress?????

I really think it is more fun to dress up. Truly. I have gone the past two years (dressed up both times) and noticed that there is a really fun, high spirited interaction with CMs and other guests when dressed up.

Our first party, I was a little nervous and self conscious going in dressed up (I was the Queen from Snow White). By the time I went through the turnstiles, I was so glad I did.

I think I would just feel like an observer if I didn't dress up. I feel I am an actual participant by being in costume.

Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

dlpmikki
07-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Do you think Pirate costumes would work or do they need to be villains? My Maleficent costume would take most of my luggage allowance (and be a bit hot)!

Christine
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Do you think Pirate costumes would work or do they need to be villains? My Maleficent costume would take most of my luggage allowance (and be a bit hot)!

I think Pirate costumes would be perfect! Especially this year with the latest installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie!

I don't think dressing for Halloween specifically requires "bad guys". Take Mickey,Donald and the gang! They dress up as scarecrows, jesters, knights, etc. :mickey:

I'm not going to be a villian. I'm going to be Mary Poppins again. My friends from Cocoa Beach are Indiana Jones and Marian. My other friend coming with me is going to be a 1950's girl.

While Malificent would be GREAT, I can see where it might be hot and uncomfortable. I would probably go with the :pirate: get-up too! :thumbsup:

faline
07-08-2007, 06:18 PM
I think Pirates costumes would work just fine. Gene will be wearing his Captain Hook costume and I might wear my pirate costume as well!

ElenitaB
07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Add me to the crew of pirates! :pirate:

Dsnygirl
07-10-2007, 03:47 AM
:pirate: ...and add my DH and I to that pirate list.... there will be so many of us, I think we'll need our own boat!! :D

disneydeb
07-14-2007, 01:37 PM
oohhh! Avast ye matees! Me thinks megirls wilt likely dress as a piratey bunch arselves Arrrgh!:pirate::pirate::pirate:

Christine
07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
With all the pirates that will be around, I guess I better keep a tight hold of my carpet bag! ;)

ElenitaB
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
As long as there's no rum in that carpet bag, you should be fine! ;)

Christine
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
As long as there's no rum in that carpet bag, you should be fine! ;)

Then I better hold EXTRA tight to it...they don't call me "Merry" Poppins for nothing! ;)

Oh gosh...did I really just say that? I think I'm turning into my dad! :rolleyes:

DisneyDudet
07-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, I've come up with the perfect costume. Its not extravagant, but its IS very creative!

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Have MNSSHP tickets in hand but haven't decided whether or not to dress up as of yet. :cool:

Dsnygirl
08-30-2007, 10:48 AM
:mpumpkin: :bat: :blackcat: I just ordered DH's and my costumes for MNSSHP... now it's really starting to feel real!! I just hope we like them when they get here... we're going as Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann. :blush:

What's everyone else going as, if you're dressing up?? :blackcat: :bat: :mpumpkin:

grego77
08-30-2007, 12:44 PM
mine is DEFINITELY going to be a surprise! ;)

BriarRose0708
08-30-2007, 02:58 PM
mine is DEFINITELY going to be a surprise! ;)

unless you've changed your mind in the past week, it's not going to be a surprise to me!

grego77
08-30-2007, 03:00 PM
unless you've changed your mind in the past week, it's not going to be a surprise to me!

...little do you know.....;)

BriarRose0708
08-30-2007, 04:22 PM
...little do you know.....;)

uh oh...

Me, on the other hand, will not be dressing up per say. I think I'll just don some ears or a tiara or something.

Here we go again...
08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
We just ordered our Halloween tickets for the 10/12 party.
I had to wait to see if my DD's friend would be coming and she will be able to make it. We have park tickets, Illuminations viewing tickets and Halloween party tickets... It is official!

I don't think Bobby and I will dress up, but I am sure the girls will.

Red Randal
08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Because of scheduling with school and work, we won't be making it down in time for the Friday MNSSHP so we're going on Sunday night. We WILL be at Disney by around 10 on Friday so we might be in for after plans if there are any. Keep me posted.

BriarRose0708
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
uh oh...

Me, on the other hand, will not be dressing up per say. I think I'll just don some ears or a tiara or something.

Alright, I lied. I will be going to MNNSHP in costume. Look for me as Dr. Meredith Grey. Anyone want to be my McDreamy?????

Thumper03
09-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Still debating, but thinking about going as the Wicked Queen...I just don't want to be the only "adult" in full costume:blush:

disneydeb
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Still debating, but thinking about going as the Wicked Queen...I just don't want to be the only "adult" in full costume:blush:

You won't be the only one. I just don't know what I'll dress as yet!
:mickey:

grego77
09-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm "technically" an adult! :cool::D:mickey:

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
OK, so we've changed our minds on what our costumes will be... but still way awesome!!!

They still aren't extravagant, but they make us laugh!

Here we go again...
09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey guys,
Do you know what time they start letting people in for the party?
We are trying not to do park hoppers while we are there since it will be a quick trip. We are planning to take the kids to MGM in the morning then head over to the Poly forthe meet at the lounge and an early supper.

sice we will not have a hopper, we are hoping we can get into the party right after we finish eating...

Red Randal
09-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm fairly certain that they let you in at 4pm with the MNSSHP ticket. Correct me if I'm wrong, folks.

Tink1
09-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Right as Rain, Red!

N

Christine
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Right as Rain, Red!

Now say that three times fast! :D

Angel, we're not doing hoppers either this trip. Glad you asked this question b/c I needed to know too!

Here we go again...
09-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm fairly certain that they let you in at 4pm with the MNSSHP ticket. Correct me if I'm wrong, folks.

Thank you!! I was hoping to hear that we could get in early. :cloud9:

Tink1
09-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Now say that three times fast! :D

Don't ya just love alliteration!? Rolls right off the tongue.

Here we go again...
09-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I received my Halloween party and park tickets in the mail today!!! :cloud9:
There is no turning back now... it is official! I will see you guys in just 1 more month!!!:joy::woohoo:

KarenP
09-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I received my Halloween party and park tickets in the mail today!!! :cloud9:
There is no turning back now... it is official! I will see you guys in just 1 more month!!!:joy::woohoo:

Got my MNSSHP tickets today too! :yay:

FLPasHldrs
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I think Pirate costumes would be perfect! Especially this year with the latest installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie!

I don't think dressing for Halloween specifically requires "bad guys". Take Mickey,Donald and the gang! They dress up as scarecrows, jesters, knights, etc. :mickey:

I'm not going to be a villian. I'm going to be Mary Poppins again. My friends from Cocoa Beach are Indiana Jones and Marian. My other friend coming with me is going to be a 1950's girl.

While Malificent would be GREAT, I can see where it might be hot and uncomfortable. I would probably go with the :pirate: get-up too! :thumbsup:

Yes, we will be joining you in my standard Indiana Jones costume and the wife will be going as Marion, both for the 3rd year in a row! But, I'm sure your outfit again will get far more attention. Again LOL!!! Can't wait to see you again!!! Just a few more weeks!!

For those going on the 12th, you definately need to check out her Marry Poppins outfit.

I know that several posts have talked about pirate costumes, but just seeing MNSSHP folks attending last night, there are more pirates than you can shake a sword at. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the Pirate and Princess party was still going on!

Christine
09-15-2007, 11:26 PM
:hi: Brian!

I can't wait to see you guys too!!!

I think my Mary Poppins outfit will be somewhat bittersweet this year without my Bert! Too bad I'm leaving him at home to clean the chimney!! :D

Give the wife a hug for me and "I'll see ya real soon!"

FLPasHldrs
09-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Thank you!! I was hoping to hear that we could get in early. :cloud9:

I believe 4:30 is the earliest. At least that's what the castmembers have told me.

Dsnygirl
09-16-2007, 03:04 AM
I know that several posts have talked about pirate costumes, but just seeing MNSSHP folks attending last night, there are more pirates than you can shake a sword at. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the Pirate and Princess party was still going on!
Normally, that would bother me, as we're going to be pirates -- but instead, I think it takes the pressure off -- and I'll just feel like a part of the crew!! :thumbsup:

FLPasHldrs
09-16-2007, 10:01 AM
There were a lot of pirates last year, and maybe Christine can help me remember but I believe there were a lot of pirates the year before that. So don't worry, pirates are always in fashion at the parties!

As for the time you can get in with a special event ticket (like the MNSSHP ticket) I'll ask guest relations when we go there this Friday. I've asked them before for previous MNSSHP and PNP parties; and the answer was always the same, 4:30. But I'll check.

But you don't want to show up early in costume, especially if it's a really good one; you'll be waiting outside the gates, and you'll probably get mauled by other guests who want your picture and autograph because they think you're a cast member. This happened to me and Michelle during the last PNP party last month; we were getting so much attention from guests (TOO much attention) that we caught the attention of Disney Security, and I got a talking to. So if you don't want that much attention (which we didn't) both good and bad, don't show up early in costumes, especially if they are good ones!

FLPasHldrs
09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Right as Rain, Red!

N

Red and Nanci are both correct! Kristin at MK Guest Relations told me in person that 4:00 PM is the earliest you can get in, not 4:30. There are other special event tickets that only allow you in NET 4:30; but this years' MNSSHP is definately 4:00 PM.