PDA

View Full Version : The Name Poll

wizardmickey
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
After much consideration (and thanks all of you who suggested names!) the band finally met tonight (the entire band I should say) and looked over the list. It was agreed, after the drummer & lead guitarist made their suggestions, that the list be pared down to 4 choices, and we let "the people" decide.
Here are the choices:
RELIX
STEPPING STONES
TOSS UP
4 TRACK
Vote for which of these four names you like best... it is now in your hands... for real!

TinkRocks
02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
I like Rel-X spelling, but Relix works too.

GiltterDisneyGirl
02-27-2007, 02:27 AM
STEPPING STONES is cool!

varcity
02-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Well Ice man, I went for the stepping stones. Why? I don't know really, just clicked better for me. :mickey:

RicksCafe
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm going with Stepping Stones, Ice. That just sounds like a great name for a group. I mean, since the greatest name-- "The Four Freshmen"-- is already taken... you work with what you have left.

Relix, on the other hand.... well, let me just say that if a person does it right the first time there is no reason to re-do anything. Cough cough.

Ricks (who is not your stepping stone... well, unless you want me to be, dear)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Stepping Stones sounds like Rolling Stones (my friend's fave magazine) and... something else I can't recall :D I voted for that one :cloud9:

Rel-X is good name too, but it doesn't really make sense to me :blush:

And 4 Track is a good name too. It reminds me of music when I'm skipping songs and tracks, so it relates well. :)

Toss Up is cool too, but.. Toss up what? ;)

wizardmickey
02-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Relix, on the other hand.... well, let me just say that if a person does it right the first time there is no reason to re-do anything. Cough cough.
I just knew that there'd be some confusion on the pronunciation of "Relics"! And to clear things up; I have a tendency (for the most part) to always get it right the first time!
We seem to have a tie so far?!? I hope this resolves itself so we can have a name before the end of the week! Thanks all for your help so far!!

MiSSdiZZY
02-28-2007, 05:20 PM
i voted relix, even if it should be Dizzy- but relix is cool too.

Chescat
03-03-2007, 04:04 AM
I had voted RELIX. And after seeing the pictures of the band. They are definitely not Stepping Stones. :cool:

trackbarroness
03-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Pretty awesome topic Ice man dude. :D Lol
I voted for relix also. How wicked of me eh? :D lol

wizardmickey
03-03-2007, 02:11 PM
...and FINALLY a name has pulled out into the lead!!... :joy: :yay: :clappy:

Chescat
03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Woot! :number1:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Would that be Relix then? :D

(studies poll when no one is looking)

So when are ya gonna close the polls ice? I want to hear the new band name ;) :cool:

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I had voted RELIX. And after seeing the pictures of the band. :cool:

Ouch! Ice I think you just got slammed ;)

wizardmickey
03-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Mr. Tom Morrow Quote:
Originally Posted by Chescat
I had voted RELIX. And after seeing the pictures of the band.

Ouch! Ice I think you just got slammed
But I am such a pretty relic! Really I am, just look at the pictures!
As for "when the polls will be closing"? Looks like we'll leave this running until Friday. I gave the guys the results the other night... including the disappointing showing of the names they had come up with. Their response? "Huh... Y'mean somebody actually voted for my name? Cool."

Chescat
03-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Okay, I'm a Relic and darn proud of it. :D

wizardmickey
03-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Chickens & Squirrels...
(Dramatic Drumroll Please) :drum: :drum: :drum:
The band with no name has met, looked over your results, & agreed to go with Relix!
:fworks: :fworks: :fworks:
From the bottom of my ancient rock-n-roll heart & on behalf of the fella's in the band, we would like to THANK ALL OF YOU for helping us make this decision!!
You guys ROCK!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Yay for RELIX! Great name ice! If you become famous and have a concert, don't forget to get me front row seats ;)

Wait... no better! Backstage passes :D

janmathatter
03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Well Ice, if I couldn't be in the band, at least I helped name the band. Relix rules!!

:number1:

TinkRocks
03-10-2007, 04:15 AM
:rocker: Relix! :rocker:

:woohoo: Go Relix Go! :woohoo:

Just remember your Relix friends - we expect to be hooked up.... ;)

Chescat
03-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Yay Relix. :woohoo: :woohoo:

wizardmickey
03-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Thank You Thank You... Thank You Very Much!
Front row seats? Need to be hooked up? Well, I doubt we'll be coming to a venue near anyone out there anytime soon, but I may have the next best thing:
My boss (the Program Manager/Director of Experiential/Activity Therapies) mentioned that the hospital will be holding it's annual Spring Fling sometime in the next couple of months, and that usually a DJ is hired for the Street Party that day. She "hinted" that it sure would be nice if we would play this year. So I asked the band & they said sure. So were working out details... but here's were I might be able to hook y'all up; If I can pull it off, I'm gonna try and have someone video the show & for the peeps who actually voted for Relix (sorry everybody else) if we can put it together we will try to send a DVD of the show to ya as a Thank You!! Will fill you in when I have more details...

Chescat
03-11-2007, 03:16 AM
Wo Wo!! (as Nachocat says) :woohoo: :woohoo:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Awesome! :mickey: Make Inside Out proud! :number1: ;)

Patricia
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
If I can pull it off, I'm gonna try and have someone video the show & for the peeps who actually voted for Relix (sorry everybody else) if we can put it together we will try to send a DVD of the show to ya as a Thank You!! Will fill you in when I have more details...

Yay! My vote finally counted and I may win something too!

Oh, maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

I loved the name Relix. Any Canadian may remember a show (Beachcombers) in which "Relic" was the name of a goofball character. That guy had the best facial expressions, expecially when he was being hateful.

bigpapiortiz34
03-13-2007, 05:42 PM
WOOT! I hope you and your "relix" band have loads of fun. I am sure you guys are great. I can hear you practicing all they way from my house. WHAT A RACKET! :)

wizardmickey
03-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Did, you can hear us all the way up in Boston? Dang! I knew we wuz loud, but that's just plain silly!
Out of about 115 songs we've tossed at each other, we've settled on a list of 41 (with options of going as high as 50) to focus in on to tighten up for the next several sessions. Tonight we worked over & over & over & over & over on getting harmonies down tight, then we'd play the song all the way through 2 or 3 times to see how it sounded. So soon my peeps, soon....

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-14-2007, 08:01 PM
115?! Wow ice! I can't even do "Mary Had A Little Lamb" right on the old guitar! :D

wizardmickey
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
mickeytinkerbellprincess 115?! Wow ice! I can't even do "Mary Had A Little Lamb" right on the old guitar! :D
I used to joke (after nearly 15 years away from playing with an actual band) that I'd probably forgotten more songs than most musicians these day will ever learn! In truth though, back during the 80's when I was with OFF LYMITZ, our song list hit around 200 cover tunes plus the 20 or so songs we had written & recorded that we peppered sets with. I've found that after 15 years I'm struggling a bit to relearn what used to be second nature... but boy, is this some fun!!!!! :rocker:

wizardmickey
03-21-2007, 11:12 PM
UPDATED INFO (or "why do we only see Ice around closing nowadays??")
Our first "show" has been set for Memorial Day... about a 2-3 hour show/Block Party. As for videotaping the event: we're trying to work out the logistics of such a possibility, as there are potential confidentiality issues that could arise (if patients wander into camera range.) If we get clearance, then we'll do the video... if not, then something else will (promise) be rewarded to the good voters as soon as we can figure it out.
Man, I've got bad blisters & callouses on my fingers!!!

varcity
03-22-2007, 01:30 AM
Personally, I find making it a "Patients get free relix mask" day is the best plan of attack. Just make it a non-smoking concert as well!!! As for the blisters, better on your fingers than your feet! (blasted basketball) I can't wait,ice man.

Wing man

wizardmickey
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Free Relix masks? Nah, free Varcity masks... even I would be tempted to wear one of those!!
And non-smoking? I am a non-smoker, but that is something our patients live for (especially when they are allowed outside.) I'll just have me a few fans strategically placed behind me to blow any smoke away... :thumbsup:

TinkRocks
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I'll just have me a few fans strategically placed behind me to blow any smoke away... :thumbsup:

:rocker: RELIX! :cheer: RELIX! :drummer:

:woohoo: We Love Relix! :joy:

...or did you mean this kind of fan - :fan:

varcity
03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Free Relix masks? Nah, free Varcity masks... even I would be tempted to wear one of those!!

Ah yes, the varcity mask. Everyone wants one of those!!! :mickey:

"Hey everybody, come see how good I look!!"
-Ron Burgundy

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Voted for Relix....not sure why....just like the sound of it.